Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread) 2nd ver  (Read 123086 times)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread) 2nd ver
« Reply #780 on: March 20, 2010, 01:35:21 PM »
Sorry, in a bit of a rush so tl;dr Maybe will read through tonight. But I can see E-mouse is doing a really good job organizing this so I'm quite confident this new endeavour is in good hands.

I forgot to mention two other members of our team who I haven't heard from in a long time - Anathe and Rabbit

So as it stands, Anathe, Rabbit and Alex have yet to declare their interest. That's all right, let's get something started first. Once E-mouse is ready to commence, someone can PM them, tell them our plans, and ask if they're interested in jumping back in. If my work is done by then, I'll do that myself.

...alternatively, Rabbit comes on #WuftD a lot so somebody ask him there.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #781 on: March 20, 2010, 02:22:31 PM »
I talk to Acidus and Rabbit almost every day on Skype/IRC so I'll ask them and notify you about their answer.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #782 on: March 20, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »
i'm debating over staying or not but the lack of signs of activty makes me suspect the intrest this has anymore. i'm also debating maybe cutting down my "harem" size if i do stay.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 03:20:46 PM by AJC »

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #783 on: March 20, 2010, 05:31:20 PM »
i'm debating over staying or not but the lack of signs of activty makes me suspect the intrest this has anymore. i'm also debating maybe cutting down my "harem" size if i do stay.

Alex is still here~! \o/

Well, you're free to continue playing, of course. If you want to 'cut down' then you can hand some over to Nemo. She likes her fairies and she only has one partner atm XD.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #784 on: March 21, 2010, 12:38:39 AM »

Everyone is really busy, before E-Mouse and the others started posting the new Day 5 stuff I was the last person to have posted so whatever.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #785 on: March 21, 2010, 12:50:30 AM »
Everyone is really busy, before E-Mouse and the others started posting the new Day 5 stuff I was the last person to have posted so whatever.

It was both business and momentum, with one leading into the other. I've been panicking over graduation and work-finding crap rather than doing anything at all; year-end stuff limited winter break usability, and Gap's sudden enswampment after returning to school helped cut off a detailed Day 5 summary and leave the whole thing directionless.

... either way, best get going again.

I need a list of players/groups in the RP, at this point, to tack on attendance stuff and pester those that don't check in about it. I think I'll track that down now.

So far, I've heard from Madness Chaser, Trance, and noted down Vant's desires there. I probably forgot to include a few other groups that have told me already; remind me.

EDIT: I'd still like to hear from Etch, Zei, Xan, Moerin, Anathe, Anthony, Helepolis, Koji (for the time between miko-training end and 10 AM, which is relevant to avoiding interfering with Midori; we can discuss that if you want), Erebus, Gpop, Sana, AJC, and maybe Rabbit. I have guesses for a few of them, but if there's anything that comes to mind, speak up.

I think that Anathe being more involved and the Spidercat team being accompanied would be significant improvements; Alex's group doing something with powered fairies or at least hanging around others might be good, too. I'm guessing a lot of the others are indifferent about where they'd end up after that point, which can be worked with, but I'd like to make sure, and see about setting up some of the indifferent ones for other antics during the day. (Now that I think of it, the training facility Reimu mentioned hasn't seen any use whatsoever. That would be a good thing to goof around with.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 01:11:54 AM by Hatate Himekaidanbooru »
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #786 on: March 21, 2010, 10:06:28 AM »
I don't have any particular objective or idea to be honest. Which was exactly the same with the old day 5. I can only think of two options:
- Stroll with Jeremy (Drill) and/or Mitaka (Fubar). Because generally my team sticks close to them.
- Try to regain some relation again with Kojiro/Zei (because of butler/maid being separated from their mistress).

But I haven't heard much from Koji lately =.= neither Zei.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #787 on: March 21, 2010, 12:01:35 PM »
Zei lurks #wuftd regularly, but not when you're around. Haven't discussed WuftD with him, but I'll do it sometime. For now, I'm exhausted~

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #788 on: March 22, 2010, 03:22:05 AM »
Evening fellas.
I've spoken with Mouse about my teams' whereabouts. Since I'm controlling Kojiro and Pearl's teams and stuff.
Anyway as I told him we are currently located at the waterfall at about 10am. Since day 5 was practically skipped after Reimu said "free time", i decided to use the day still to work on more elements and stuff. After  the trainin that day we slept till 10am then started the latest post i did. Currently we'll be heading back to the shrine afterwards for more rest and recollection after what happened during the event.
I don't have any particular objective or idea to be honest. Which was exactly the same with the old day 5. I can only think of two options:
- Stroll with Jeremy (Drill) and/or Mitaka (Fubar). Because generally my team sticks close to them.
- Try to regain some relation again with Kojiro/Zei (because of butler/maid being separated from their mistress).

But I haven't heard much from Koji lately =.= neither Zei.

Don't worry Hele, if you wish to do something just let me know. I'll do what i can. I stick around on the Saniwa Chat as you may know. I hardly come to IIRC anymore these days. Not just WUFTD.

I should note that I do intend to stay in this. My ideas and notes are still kinda fresh and saved to a notepad since last month when i did my last post. But i can make changes to accommodate any new changes we implement. Adaptation is easy for me to accomplish.
Anyway if you or anyone wants to try something just let me know and I'll see what i can do.
Laterz.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #789 on: March 22, 2010, 05:50:49 AM »
Okay, update time! Here's a list of who I've heard from and have notes about immediately post-training plans, right after the waterfall training:

Gap/Mitaka: Head back to the hot springs to warm up, Reimu puts together a big breakfast on her own and then crashes
E-mouse/Midori: Proper training for a few minutes, then head back and catch breakfast
Jana: Attends miko training, heads back to attend breakfast (let's say leisurely-paced)

Anthony: Hang out/talk with Trance (friendly rivalry from miko training); ends up following either Nate or Hirowaza in the future
Trance/Hirowaza?: Uncertain/hang out with Anathony, attend breakfast, head to town "with some people," mahjong parlor later

Koji+Pearl: Went back to nap for a while, returned to waterfall for training at 10 (existing post)

Xan/Sho: Picnic with Theorist/Nate in the back hills
Theorist/Nate: Picnic with Xan/Sho in the back hills
These two have a co-post to work on; Theorist still has the logs. Could you two work out who takes responsibility for compiling it? Keep us updated.

Nemo/Amarillo: GA-05's fine, Amarillo went straight to town: no changes?

People that I've spoken to but may not have gotten the time specificness right; I could use more detail or confirmation:

Madness Chaser/Jalal: No preference, fine with existing posts of chaos if no one would be following his group (Kaguya might?)

Helepolis: Where to go immediately after remains unclear, but going along with Koji+Remi for a siesta (and perhaps a private breakfast, to cover any 'I HUNGER' plotholes) sounds like a very good option.

Vant: Unknown, may meet up with another group or pick up someone new in the forest?

Gpop I gave some ideas that I'm planning to use in my next post before really continuing (assuming I ever get around to even that), but after that I'm not sure.

People that I still need to talk to/hear from/find where they stated where they were heading immediately after miko training:

Etch (Ria and Etch)
Zei
Anathe
Erebus (Overlord whatever-he's-called-now and Lucas v2)
Sana
AJC
T34

Rabbit and Vant I'm not sure I need to talk to, and their stuff in the forest is keepable as-is, but it's an opportunity to mix things up if they'd prefer.

Once again, right now I'm looking for where your team would plan to go immediately after the events of miko training, ending at this post.

For ideas about what might be good to do at that point, here's some reminders about conditions at the time and ideas about what could be done:
- Most groups are low on sleep due to the yakuza fight at midnight, followed by Reimu waking everyone up at 4 AM. How long to pass out is your call.
- Most groups also participated in water ablutions as part of miko training, which means getting pretty wet and possibly needing to warm up: This can be either dismissed due to Magic, or used as an excuse to warm up in the hot springs until Reimu's breakfast.
- People haven't eaten either: Making your own meals sometime or heading to town to get food there before Reimu finishes making her big breakfast is also an option.
- Between turning into girls and otherwise preparing to stay at the shrine, there's good excuses to go to town to shop for shrine supplies and personal clothing, especially if this wasn't covered earlier.
- Reimu also suggested heading into town to advertise the miko presence to improve the shrine's popularity; just "don't go wild" about it due to lolRAI.
- Furthermore, there's been regular points made about sticking together with other groups - so, seeking out another person's group, or getting asked to come along by another group would be another thing to do, or another way to bring in groups that don't have any plans in mind.
- Reimu also mentioned the sparring and training rooms down in the Covenant base: Battle-oriented groups might be interested in sparring there or otherwise practicing their abilities. No promises about not running into shadow monsters, but it might be unlikely.
- Talking with Jana has reminded me that the scenery on the way back from the waterfall is actually quite nice: it's plausible to just :yukkuri: and maybe chat while walking back slowly.
(And if all else fails, asking for suggestions from others is always an option: I'll admit I have an idea or two.)

Based on who heads where for this, I'll be taking a roll call among those that would be likely to attend Reimu's breakfast: I'll try and help the others arrange themselves in the meantime until working out a roll call/plausibility check for the next major event(s).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 03:16:04 PM by Hatate Himekaidanbooru »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #790 on: March 22, 2010, 10:24:11 AM »
I know for sure Hirowaza is going to attend breakfast with Reimu, and I think I may be doing some posts with Anthony to flesh out the Ana/Hirowaza dynamic we had going on a while back.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #791 on: March 22, 2010, 03:34:52 PM »
Disregard that, I suck cocks

Gap's planning to re-kick things by starting a new thread, either today or tomorrow. This will consist of a presumably-mostly-glossed breakfast and the request for everyone to attend the tour of the Underground and help a little with clearing it out. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

\(^o^)/
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 03:43:19 PM by Hatate Himekaidanbooru »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #792 on: March 22, 2010, 06:44:58 PM »
That sounds like an excellent idea. Rekicking day 5 with a new thread.

Btw, what a coincidence in my post, originally I was inside the shrine immediately after the miko thing. But since that is all dropped, it is no problem. When Day 5 (midnight) breaches, I can always repost the other incidents when the time is right I guess.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #793 on: March 22, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »
Note that if MTG doesn't have a post up by the weekend, I may try to push through and make a little progress anyway. So if anyone on my "want to hear from" list a few posts back wants to fill me in on current ideas, please do.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #794 on: March 22, 2010, 09:04:05 PM »
Okay, let's post this now before I turn in for my nap...

Makai - Since Anthony left Sara with my team (I think he did anyway, correct me if I happen to fuck up with this one), I could use that as away to show what happened to her after ALL the time she was away from Owlbear, Shinki and the rest of the Makai group. This is pretty much the only thing that stood out in my mind when I considered what I'd be doing after water abla-somethingorother. <-Bullshit. Don't mind it. I don't have much planned, I'll go about getting breakfast and perhaps shopping for clothes since I don't really think I've gotten much done in that category...

Spidercats (or Lucas v2) - This group I didn't quite have anything planned for as of yet, the flashback showing of how Toshiro was transformed into a catboy being pretty much the only thing I had in mind. But with those choices listed above, I could probably take up on advertising the "miko presence" after getting breakfast, or hang with other groups. I'm not entirely sure what fits best, but the former is what I'll most likely go for if I can't find anyone nearby to hang with.

Lucky Strike probably won't matter much, since we're focusing more on the Gensokyo faction now rather than RAI. However, if you're still curious about what I have planned, poke me for answers and I'll drop something out...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:03:45 PM by Amorph Erebus »
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #795 on: March 23, 2010, 10:58:05 PM »
Uh Erebus, that was the end of day 5/morning of day 6, Sara isn't gotten until about the train scene of Day 5, just letting you know :x

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #796 on: March 24, 2010, 01:04:17 PM »
Ah, this is why I like saying 'correct me if I fuck up'. Because I tend to do that alot.

Fixed post. Re-read if you really wanna although it's not much different :I

No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #797 on: April 04, 2010, 05:48:12 AM »
Ahahahaha, how quickly we've stopped yet again. I wonder if we'll ever actually finish this thing, story-line wise.

FIGHT!

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #798 on: April 04, 2010, 07:35:24 AM »
Ahahahaha, how quickly we've stopped yet again. I wonder if we'll ever actually finish this thing, story-line wise.

*gasps dramatically* If that is indeed the case...

*starts playing*

What have we done in the last couple of years of this RPG's life? Couldn't it have been something worthwhile? If all of this never ends... if the story is to never see and end to the conflict....

all the hours of character devleopment... History and interactions... love between the team members.... overcoming of thge darkness in everyone's hearts....

plot creation... The Fall of Gensokyo... and all the other mythological paradises.... RAI... the backstory of everyone....

and even story derailment.... The Sky Ray, and all other such events...

It all would have been for nothing?!

Lord Vant... Gap.... Erebus... Mouse... Everyone.... We can't just leave the story like this on it's own... in a state of half life and death....

Because... Because...

*music swell*

Because we've gone too far to quit now!!! I want to see the end!!!

So everyone, we cannot lose hope! We cannot falter in our determination! Everyone, let's finish this story!!!

The RPG of MotK!

The winds of Tengu!

Zenshin!

Keiretsu!

Tempa Kyouran!

LOOK! THE YEAST IS BURNING RED!!

*music ends as the sun rises.*

*ahem*

idioticy aside, this is one of those things done in free time, so it is to be expected that there would be delays. In anycase, it will be finished, eventually.

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #799 on: April 04, 2010, 04:26:25 PM »
Etch....*sniff* that was beautiful ;_;

You're right! We can't give up now!...but I can't think of anything to do atm so....I'm just waiting on your story posts guys~

FIGHT!