Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread) 2nd ver  (Read 122936 times)

Gpop

Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread) 2nd ver
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »
Those ships were cruiser-class vessels. However, there is plenty of air support. Go for it, a Hind fleet if you so desire. Unless, one of the GMs decides to speak against it.
Please...don't bring such things back...

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2009, 01:56:08 PM »
Oh I KNOW how to get you involved, and I don't think you wanna.

It couldn't be too bad.

Well, it isn't directly addressing me anyway given I know what you have in mind xDD

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2009, 02:12:58 PM »
Hind fleets. . .  aircrafts  . . .

The moment someone mentions these in the discussion thread or story post then out of nowhere gaps appear them being sucked in.

Period.

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »
you mentioned too

get out

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2009, 02:26:11 PM »
Oh snap, you are right. I got almost sucked in, thank god I let those words go.

Btw: TranceHime Round 4 is closing in. I am still fuzzy about Round 2 though if Zei and Koji finished it or not. My guess is not.

mad

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2009, 04:39:16 PM »
Looks like there are several who hate the idea of heavy machinery.

I think that they would serve to keep the Gensokyo faction playing quietly, as opposed to an all out attack.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
  • PM me for hot cyber action.
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2009, 04:48:27 PM »
Yeah, alot of us aren't ready for that yet...

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2009, 05:00:08 PM »
except me

but that would need a coupla more mes, though

mad

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2009, 05:14:52 PM »
With the a few cruisers operational, the Gensokyo faction would need to be careful, lest the Council say, "screw it! kill them all." Those cruisers were the rocks to kill them all.

The original raid was planned to not use the Sky Ray, but rather a few teams on foot.

The cruisers it would summon would wander outside of town, not engaging the Gensokyo faction, unless the Sky Ray or the stolen fortress were found.

All that got tossed out the moment the Sky Ray began travelling towards the base.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2009, 05:25:11 PM »
- - -
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:13:36 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »
I'm the one to blame here for having the tank since from the start of RP. It triggered Magha Re's and Madness Chaser's silly military shit because they thought that "HOLY SHIT HE'S GOT A TANK THAT MEANS I CAN HAVE ONE TOO"

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2009, 05:37:41 PM »
No, I don't blame you because: you chose Rika who HAS relationship with the Flower Tank which is the only tank plausable in this entire frikken RPG.

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2009, 05:55:27 PM »
Looks like nobody has noticed in all days of the RPG, even though it was clearly stated, that it isn't the goddamn Flower Tank. IT'S THE BEST TANK IN THE WORLD!

Gpop

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2009, 06:28:33 PM »
Okay, my RAI force character is completed. Once I get day 3 done, I'll start posting about my RAI force a bit.

He'll be taking Utsuho and Orin.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2009, 06:52:31 PM »
One of the new players Has Orin right now actually under Erebus' other character http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=98.msg4400#msg4400

Just to let ya know Gpop hehe She's in cat form much like poor Ran and Chen are.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2009, 08:02:02 PM »
Ok then, I can see that more than one or two people having the heavy vehicles can piss people off here, the only thing I was planning on having the modified car was for that one raid on the convoy, which would then gone off of a hill or some kind of ramp at an insanely high speed, ramming into a chopper, and then somehow ending up behind the shrine head first, being almost completly destoried and barely anything reuseable, and if it is resuable, it's gonna take a damn long time to repair, so all I'm gonna do for now is use the mustang I mentioned earlier, and just a prototype weapon that was recovered from the military junkyard that was repaired and made possible to work, but will only have a shot at the most, and will cause problems early on, basically, any equipment that enters this raid, probably isn't gonna make it out.

edit:  So, if it's ok to have the heavly modified vehicle that will only last for the raid, then will be proptly crashed from falling from a high altitued, just tell me, but it is not Ok, then I'll go with the make shift raid car with the mustang and some extra military junk, and I'm still having my friend as the wingman.

Edit 2: now that I think about it, I'll just go with the '64 mustang, with what my friend and I have avaible, which will make this just more of a smash and grab than a actuall raid on a convoy.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:15:33 PM by Anthony »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2009, 08:05:37 PM »
The only persons who are imo allowed to use "heavy" machinery is the RAI Force. And with heavy no chinook shit or aircraft carriers or Cruisers but a plain Helicopter or maybe an jet. . .  But yea. Then again I heavy resist against any form of modern combat.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2009, 08:27:01 PM »
So, I decided to sign up.  Hope we can have some fun together, at the very least.

Anyway... Just a quick question that may or may not prove important.  Are the Eyes of Insanity unique to Reisen, or do all Moon Bunnies (more importantly, Reisen II) have them?
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Gpop

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2009, 08:34:04 PM »
One of the new players Has Orin right now actually under Erebus' other character http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=98.msg4400#msg4400

Just to let ya know Gpop hehe She's in cat form much like poor Ran and Chen are.

Ah okay then I'll just settle with Utsuho then.

mad

« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2009, 08:40:15 PM »
The only persons who are imo allowed to use "heavy" machinery is the RAI Force. And with heavy no chinook shit or aircraft carriers or Cruisers but a plain Helicopter or maybe an jet. . .  But yea. Then again I heavy resist against any form of modern combat.

Why so serious? Modern combat only comes into play when the RAI do, and sometimes not even then. The heaviest thing we should actually fight while on foot are the infantry. The only vehicles that were under the control of the Gensokyo faction were all wrecked.

Jets would mean that the Gensokyo faction has achieved air superiority and the RAI need to take it back.

How do you intend to handle kill teams anyways?

@N.Theorist

I think only Reisen has the red eyes of insanity. All moon bunnies have telepathy though.

@Anthony

You'd have to work pretty hard to surpass the original heavy equipment that pissed everyone off. That included a cruiser class mobile fortress with helicopter and tank launching capability, along with Optical camoflage and the true hakkero. Plus a fleet of buggies armed with machine guns and rocket launchers.

Edit: It seems that only the Dominion was damaged in the battle with the Sky Ray. The other four are fully functional.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:46:18 PM by Madness Chaser »

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2009, 08:47:46 PM »
Why so serious? Modern combat only comes into play when the RAI do, and sometimes not even then. The heaviest thing we should actually fight while on foot are the infantry. The only vehicles that were under the control of the Gensokyo faction were all wrecked.

Jets would mean that the Gensokyo faction has achieved air superiority and the RAI need to take it back.

How do you intend to handle kill teams anyways?

@N.Theorist

I think only Reisen has the red eyes of insanity. All moon bunnies have telepathy though.

@Anthony

You'd have to work pretty hard to surpass the original heavy equipment that pissed everyone off. That included a cruiser class mobile fortress with helicopter and tank launching capability, along with Optical camoflage and the true hakkero. Plus a fleet of buggies armed with machine guns and rocket launchers.

well, now that I think about it, I'm still going with the '64 mustang just for the effect of they're gonna be surviving by the skin of their teeth, but I may improve the condition of my group by a bit, with some of the abandoned military prototypes,

Also, N.Theorist was the friend I was talking about,
which now makes this plan a "some how attack a military convoy with a '64 mustang, An insane Michigander, a British guy who barely knows magic, a lunar rabbit, a turtle, and a secret weapon that will have unknow results"
that would make it, plan S.H.A.M.C.W.M.I.M.B.W.B.K.M.L.R.T.S.W.T.W.H.U.N.R

now take that and stick it on a T-Shirt.

Edit: also, this plan will end the same way the original planned story was going to be, which will finish with Anthony and crew in the area of the shrine, after an extensive chase, which involves the '64, a couple of humvee's, and a gunship, and it won't be a Hind D, even though I want to make the Metal Gear joke about how Snake is like a predator and his prey is the Hind D.

and I never got my question answered about the artifical mana devices, about if they're compact, or if they are bulky, and how many cats do thay produce, but then they probably gonna produce someting like 5 cats.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:37:14 PM by Anthony »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2009, 09:14:12 PM »
Why so serious?
Internet is serious business.

Back on topic . . .
Round 2 was finished, confirmed by Kojiro in tinychat. Though they didn't write a conclusion which put a slight confusion. I already pmed HakuTaku for round 3 preperations. As soon as I receive a PM either he or me will be writing the third round.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2009, 09:27:58 PM »
yeah for Zei and me we wanted one of those things where the judges have to decide who wins it. Zei and i didn't really mind if we won or lost so you guys can decide that. ^_^ My team made a mess with water and Rumia's dusting antic of not knowing what to NOT dust (people) and Zei broke a few windows and stuff while cleaning haha.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2009, 10:28:46 PM »
Hrrm. Well, this is problematic.

I wouldn't particularly mind the temporary nature of Anthony's car-smashin' scheme, but Madness has brought up a lot of broader problems that it would bring up.

I would like to point out that Kikuri's forces are spread fairly thin right now; as MTG mentioned, the main force has moved up to... Ainu or something to take the Utawaramono (or whatever) spring. I think this would leave security slightly lax at this base, making it plausible enough for a convoy taken by surprise with a well-refurbished civilian vehicle and a crazy enough pilot to get roughed up and lose some of their luggage.

Madness pointed out the bigger problem: The fallout from the incident from Kikuri's plans. Continuing suspicious incidents at Karuisuwa, even after the (apparent) death of the main problem left in the area, would be good reason to ramp up security or sweep the area for possible problems.

However... we don't know how high a priority keeping ahold of 100% of the Gensokyo residents she 'gathered' is. Genji would probably be disregarded even if he had been caught. Letty... would have been a low priority if they still had Cirno. Unfortunately, they just lost her... unless you play with the timing to get away with that incident being beforehand, and don't immediately retreat to the shrine (which would cause a TON of problems)...

That could actually work very well, especially if it occurred while Ria and her pirates are running amok: the random truck attack would be attributed to the same gang. So, they'd be presumed dead alongside the rest of the troublemakers on the Sky Ray, despite hiding out elsewhere.

Day 2 might be a good time for this, considering the chaos that the RAI forces were dealing with at the time (meaning security forces focused on the other tanks and gunbuggies and whatever else Ria was throwing around, rather than guarding transport convoys 'just in case'). Then again, at that point they were better-staffed due to the problems there, so... bah.

... hmm, another thought: The convoy might get distracted by one of Ria's attacks long enough for Anthony to simply sneak in, grab Letty, and escape unnoticed. Still, many of the same problems.

And another (harsher) possibility: Letty could become a particularly low priority for one reason or another. Maybe her powers not working outside of winter, maybe being too high-maintenance for too little benefit, maybe never waking up due to limited mana supply and the season, some combination of those, and whatever else people can come up with. Then, even if she does get captured, the higher-ups could just decide "fuck it, she wasn't worth it anyway" and leave it be... or for that matter, be planning to abandon her anyway.

---

On a further note, unless it's been brought up in the Chosen thread, we still aren't sure of Kikuri's reason for keeping the Gensokyo crew alive (as opposed to the 'weapons' excuse she delegates to the clueless goons under her command). That may be all she wants for now; we're not entirely sure what's going on aside from the mana spring pursuit, which is probably a much higher priority than going to extreme lengths to keep the Gensokyo crew under her control. Destroying their home may have been sufficient revenge. Even Maribel may or may not be a critical priority, considering Gensokyo's reliance on borders, which hasn't been confirmed for other mana spring homes.

So... I don't know. There are ways to work around it, but some may require some time travel and others are based on questionable story manipulation of Kikuri's intents and priorities. This would be something to fight with MTG about.

Might have to delay that one until the weekend so we can get a Word of God from him about it, seeing as he hasn't signed on for several days. Nothing wrong with writing a draft in the meantime, but don't be surprised if you have to rewrite a lot of it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:30:57 PM by E-mouse »
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
  • PM me for hot cyber action.
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2009, 10:53:46 PM »
Aright, I'm gonna work on my RAI character...

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2009, 11:12:08 PM »
@ E-Mouse,
I can see where you are going with the, not going directly back to the shrine after getting Letty and N.Theorist characters, but it's not so much going to the shrine after getting away from the RAI forces, it's more of the ones running the attack being delcared dead due to the fact that they end up going off of some kind of ramp/hill, and ram into a chopper, while in a '64 mustang, then having it crash near the shrine, which I would think they would declare someone dead if they just did that, since this is not a armored '64 mustang, just a tuned up one with a whole lot of luck.

It's either that, or the car ends up landing somewhere else, some people at the shrine notice smoke or something comming from the direction of the car, then them going to investigate, finding Anthony, Nate, Letty, Genjii, Reisen II, Yorihime, and Toyohime either still in the car, or just outside the wreckage of it, then possibly brining them back to the shrine to recover, or worse case scenario, torture.

Also, since it would be such a big commotion, they probably wouldn't be able to see my character's face, thus allowning him to keep his connection with the governor, and if that won't work for some people, I'll just go with part of what the original plan called for, which involves a Sunred and Rainblue Mask, which would just make this plan just that much more crazy.

Edit: and I just though of a good idea of why the moon sisters and Letty would be in that convoy, due to the inconvience of not being able to use them, due to lack of mana, and/or other reasons, they are being sent to a secret lab or some kind to be experimented on, and I'll just go with that somehow Genjii knows about it, and I was specifially planning on this going for day 5, since I already established that my character was passed out in bed for a period of time from before the colapse of Gensokyo, to the morning of day 4, and I already establised what happens on day 4 for my character, and the reason why I set it up like I did was to make it so he would be clueless about what has happened in the past few days, so he doesn't go out on his own, and getting captured/killed. Either way, if I had to set it to another day earlier, I'll be needing to do alot of rewriting.

Oh well, gotta deal with what life throws at ya, and I am willing to rewrite that one part, but then it will be changed quite a bit in a few places from the looks of it, and the earliest would have to be day 3 or so due to my character starting repairs on June's.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:23:15 PM by Anthony »

mad

« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2009, 03:07:46 AM »
You're in luck, the RAI headquarters is a secret lab. It is there that they prep touhous for binding in order to use them as weapons.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2009, 06:57:30 AM »
well i guess i'll officially end our competition myself hehe. Zei and I talked about it before making our posts so i'll wrap it it myself with the way we decided haha. look forward to it.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2009, 08:36:32 AM »
You sure Kojiro? Else I help you end it. I am going to write a story post because Hakutaku said I can go first.

Edit: Seen your post, reading it now then will add mine.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:55:08 AM by Helepolis »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2009, 08:44:10 AM »
yeah i'm totally sure. Zei and I talked about it like i said. and if you wanted a real conclusion for it then I'll make one

Granted i already finished the post ahha so I hope you and the others enjoy it ^_^