Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread) 2nd ver  (Read 121936 times)

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
New thread since Edible said so.
Thread soft limit is at 1000 posts.

Please create a new thread.

Welcome to the resurrected discussion thread for 'Waking up From the Dream', MoTK's first freeform RPG.

This is the discussion thread.
The story thread is here.
The registration thread for signing up and joining (wait for approval from a GM) is here
Things that are explicit or "not really for minors" can be posted here at MTG's forum here  REMEMBER to keep it SFW (Safe for Work) otherwise if you post anything here.

For those unconfirmed I'll delete soon enough completely so please confirm to me that you are still playing.
Jan-san
AmaterasuOmikami

Current Teams are:

Team Fairy Harem ? AJC (Alex)  confirmed
Lily Black
Daiyousei
Sunny Milk
Luna Child
Star Sapphire

Team Jealousy Fever ? Anathe (Hiroko)  confirmed
Parsee Mizuhashi
Iku Nagae
Tenshi Hinanai

Team Bunbunmaru/Onsokumaru ? AmaterasuOmikami (Sumire)
Aya Shameimaru

Team Makai Badass Freakin? Overlord ? Demonlord Pichu (Pichu) confirmed
Shinki
Luize
Yuki
Mai
Yumeko

Team Heaven-Piercing Drill/Yakumo/SUPPATENKO ? E-Mouse (Jeremy Nezu)  confirmed
Yukari Yakumo
Ran Yakumo
Chen Yakumo

Team Shakin' ? Etch-a-Sketch (Austin Magree AKA Etch-a-Sketch) confirmed
Momizi
Nitori
Akyu

Team Freud ? Gpop (Gpop)  confirmed
Koishi Komeiji
Satori Komeiji
Merlin Prismriver
Sanae Kotiya

Team Combat Butler ? Helepolis (Taihou) confirmed
Sakuya Izayoi
Keine Kamishirasawa
Mokou Fujiwara

Team Library ? Jan-San (Jan)
Patchouli Knowledge
Koakuma

Team Scarlet Samurai/Embodiment of Autumn Darkness ? Kojiros (Kojiro) confirmed
Remilia Scarlet
Minoriko Aki
Rumia

Team White Death ? Kojiros (Pearl) confirmed
Komachi Onozuka
Elly

Team Lunatic ? Madness Chaser (McWallace) confirmed
Eirin Yagokoro

Team FUBAR - Mind the Gap (Mitaka)  confirmed
Reimu Hakurei
Marisa Kirisame
Alice Margatroid
Ruukoto Hakurei
Suika Ibuki

Team Tourist ? Nemoma (Amarillo) confirmed
Lily White
Rinnosuke Morichika

Team Swordfist - Nemoma (Heavenly Star) confirmed
Hong Meirin

Team starlight GPS ? Sanasanasan (Sanasan)  confirmed
Renko Usami

Team TANK ? T34G3 (ThirtyFour) confirmed
Rika
Rikako
Chiyuri

Team Dai-Yakuman TSUMO ? TranceHime (Yoh Hirozawa) confirmed
Meira
VIVIT

Team Ghost-buster ? Xan (Sho) confirmed
Yuyuko Saigyouji
Kogasa Tatara
Youmu Konpaku
Hijiri Byakuren

Team Onii-san ? ZeiAkabane (Zei)  confirmed
Flandre Scarlet
Mystia Lorelei
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Shizuha Aki

Team Silent Sinner - Theorist (Nate) confirmed
Reisen II
Watatsuki no Yorihime a.k.a. Magical Warrior Lunablade
Watatsuki no Toyohime
Nue

Team Yohoho/Pirate - Etch-A-Sketch (Ria) confirmed
Kaguya

Team Spidercats -  Demonlord Owlbear  (Toshiro) confirmed
Yamame Kurodani
Orin

Team Michigan - Evil Spirit Anthony (Anthony) confirmed
Letty Whiterock
Genjii
Sara
Youki

Team Okazaki-Fragment - Rabbit (Soran)  confirmed   
Yumemi Okazaki
Taisui Xingjun

Team Faith - Lord Vant (Vant) confirmed
Suwako Moriya
Kanako Yasaka
Orange

Team Nuclear Vagrants - Mind-The-Gap (Chloe) confirmed
Okuu

Team Powerful Dream - Trancehime (Astarte) confirmed
Mugetsu
Gengetsu

Team Shredding Koutetsu -  Evil Spirit Anthony (Jeena) confirmed
Hina Kagiyama
Medicine Melancholy

Team Flower-Power ? AJC (Yagi)  confirmed
Yuka Kazami

Team Lucky Strike - Demonlord Owlbear (Shinjiro Kuroyama) confirmed
Tewi
Yuugi Hoshiguma

Team Crios - Etch-A-Sketch (Marilyn) confirmed
Cirno

Team Musical ? Mind-The-Gap (Miguel Sawyer) confirmed
Lyrica Prismriver
Lunasa Prismriver

=================== Wishlist Characters========================
These are characters that others want to recruit. I'll list the characters name first and then the person or persons who want/have intent on taking them.
Ichirin -  Erebus, Gpop
Unzan - Erebus, Gpop
Syou - Zei, Vant
Nazrin - Erebus, E-mouse
Musasa - Theorist
Ellen - Theorist
Rin - Theorist
Wriggle - Theorist
Layla - Gpop
Shikieiki - Kojiro
Kana - Erebus
Kotohime - Vant
Kurumi - Gpop

Remember these are people who either are
A) thinking about getting
B) have intent to get said characters.

These characters have NOT been claimed yet in the actual story so talk amongst yourselves if you desire these chars.

When the character is actually claimed (meaning acquired in the story), I'll take it off this wishlist permanently.  just PM me here or say so in the Discussion thread (Xan was the first to do so thanks) and I'll update accordingly until everyone is distributed.

==================The Opposite of Claimed and Loved Girls============
These are characters that no one has jumped on at all yet. Meaning no one has them in their party nor are thinking about them at all.  If you desire one of them give us the word on this thread again and I'll add her to the wishlist until you actually get them in the story.

Maribel
Kurumi
Tokiko
Erich

Thanks everyone and enjoy the game.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 02:40:55 PM by Kojiremi »
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread) 2nd ver
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 05:39:38 PM »
WEE!
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 05:40:30 PM »
A++++ OP would read again

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 05:42:22 PM »
Guess I can join whatever this is.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 05:42:55 PM »
I would advise against shitposting.  The fact that you guys spam enough to keep up with the idiot maiden thread is worrisome enough.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
  • PM me for hot cyber action.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 05:43:57 PM »
Any updates for story posts? It's pretty damn quiet around here for Sunday...

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 07:05:08 PM »
Well, other than what I edited for my character, which has no real major connections to the story line at the moment, there's really hasn't been too much happening.

Also, I have an extra question, since I'm going to be joining with a character which has not been mentione (letty), would she be at the shrine, or would she be at the Rai base, or do I just make it up about where she is and how I join with her, I'm not questioning this with Genji because I would think that he's at the shrine.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 07:15:20 PM »
Well, other than what I edited for my character, which has no real major connections to the story line at the moment, there's really hasn't been too much happening.

Also, I have an extra question, since I'm going to be joining with a character which has not been mentione (letty), would she be at the shrine, or would she be at the Rai base, or do I just make it up about where she is and how I join with her, I'm not questioning this with Genji because I would think that he's at the shrine.
Either wandering (or half-dead) in the wilderness, or in the shrine, I'd say.

Do whatever you see fit.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »
By this point, I really think Gensokyo's residents would be dead without support. I'm not very pleased with Tenshi randomly showing up, but I suppose she could have escaped from RAI or lived off of mana leaking from her mega-powerful sword.

Letty and Genji have no such fortune - neither were given a link when leaving Gensokyo. I would say Genji might have gotten away with just reverting to a plain 'ol turtle and surviving extra-long (they do have good endurance) but being able to talk and fly probably puts him at too high a maintenance to get away with it.

Your best bet is retrieval from RAI, though I'm not sure whether with or without their permission is a better idea.

Though... connecting to Letty is an obvious link for your character (FUCK YEAH WINTER), but Genji puzzles me slightly. He's... cold-blooded. He needs some amount of warmth... meh. I expect you'll figure out some explanation.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 08:18:46 PM »
By this point, I really think Gensokyo's residents would be dead without support. I'm not very pleased with Tenshi randomly showing up, but I suppose she could have escaped from RAI or lived off of mana leaking from her mega-powerful sword.

Letty and Genji have no such fortune - neither were given a link when leaving Gensokyo. I would say Genji might have gotten away with just reverting to a plain 'ol turtle and surviving extra-long (they do have good endurance) but being able to talk and fly probably puts him at too high a maintenance to get away with it.

Your best bet is retrieval from RAI, though I'm not sure whether with or without their permission is a better idea.

Though... connecting to Letty is an obvious link for your character (FUCK YEAH WINTER), but Genji puzzles me slightly. He's... cold-blooded. He needs some amount of warmth... meh. I expect you'll figure out some explanation.

Well, good thing I some how set up my character for this situation, I chose Genjii because since my character isn't from Gensokyo, he would be challenged in flying, which is why Genjii would be handy, and to counter letty's cold, my character would just be able to transfer heat energy to Genjii, for the fact of that his body locks in Mana, causing an increase in body heat, so being able to form links makes it so Anthony can release that locked mana, causing a small transfer of body heat, thust making it so that Genjii can be wilth me and Letty at the same time, Letty is obvious, and if she is in RAI hands, it's a good thing my character gets off well with the governor, can anyone say near sucideal attack/ambush on RAI's base?

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 08:27:32 PM »
I think it's important that I make a point of Arreku's connection to the government...

Spoiler:
Arreku was the first surviving subject of a genetic research project run by the Japanese government, his genetic material based on the fertilized egg of his mother and father. The egg's code (originally female) was spliced and re-spliced, eliminating all genetic diseases and faults. He was then re-inserted into his mother so he could gestate.

However, when he was born, immediately upon inspection there were physical faults (lanky and thin, weakness), but he was a good start (electrical abilities, nigh invulnerability and extreme swiftness were successfully implemented.

As he grew, more faults came into light, mainly his weak and cowardly personality, and constant need for close companionship. Arreku was left alone by the government and allowed to life a normal life.

Despite the obvious failures, they kept his original code, and over the past fifteen years experimented with it, creating semi-clones with more varied and different abilities. Arreku's basic build seemed impossible to fix, however, so each experiment seemed to be a near-clone of him (enough to be immediate family).

Recently, the technology to develop fully aged humans was developed, and more powerful experiments came into being.

The project intrigued Kiyuri, and she decided to recruit one of the experiments into the RAI Force 1...

She's still in speculation, but an Arreku look-alike with glacio-kenesis might be a nice addition to RAI, and act as a main antagonist at some point in the story...

I dunno...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:37:41 PM by Pedonymous »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 08:38:47 PM »
Almost none of Gensokyo's natives can fly at this point. I mostly pointed out Genji's ability to do so as an example of why he'd have trouble surviving for especially long on his own in the outer world.

Though... considering that those are both rather minor powers (that everyone in Gensokyo possesses), on second thought maybe he could have survived this long on his own. Finding him, being willing to link (possibly siphoning off some of the extra heat?) and doing well enough to let him talk could give you the Gensokyo side of the story behind RAI - he might have been ignored by the search parties since he was just a wandering critter, and saw/overheard enough to piece together the 'kidnapping' story and team name.

And I expect that would be enough to inflame Anthony to infiltrate/invade the base to free who he can.

... huh, that worked out pretty well.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 09:28:25 PM »
Almost none of Gensokyo's natives can fly at this point.
Also no guns, no godmode no weird apeshit. Trying to use your girls full powers or danmaku will cause instant damage to your body and soul and perhaps even death to you and your girls.

Though various people have been using their original powers in a lighter form: Satori's third eye / Mokou's flaming fist / Sakuya's time management (not stopping but slowing lightly down) etc etc. Though they put a heavy strain on you as the player.

Quote from: Pedonymous
Any updates for story posts? It's pretty damn quiet around here for Sunday...
You should simply wait. It is not like we are forced to post every single hour of a day. Then it becomes spam. I rather see quality storyposts being made every 24/48 hours by each writer than posts that contain 5 lines. You already had your post so now you sit and wait.

Besides most people are on Holiday / Exams finals. So keeping this slow pace benefits people who try to catch up and orientate. How often do I have to keep repeating this. Use common sense please.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 09:47:06 PM »
Also no guns, no godmode no weird apeshit. Trying to use your girls full powers or danmaku will cause instant damage to your body and soul and perhaps even death to you and your girls.

Though various people have been using their original powers in a lighter form: Satori's third eye / Mokou's flaming fist / Sakuya's time management (not stopping but slowing lightly down) etc etc. Though they put a heavy strain on you as the player.

Request:

Setting up the Control Index System.

Created by me and used in my part of the story.

A good way to Arrange/Control/Manage one's Abilities.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 10:00:15 PM »
Quick notice, one of my friends is going to be joining the RP taking the moon nazis Watatsuki sisters, which might as well be in the RAI base, which may end up being a team effort, and major colatteral damage resulting in the escape, luckly my character is the main repair man of the city, so big money for the good guys, plus he may become somewhat of a spy for the good guys, using his influence on the governor to get more info.

Either way, if my friend isn't fast enough, my character may not join in on day 5, and will not be captured by the good guys, or maybe they will, I don't know, I'm still working on the fine details.

Edit: would fireworks and molotive cocktails be off limits for the escape part of this plan?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 10:29:29 PM by Anthony »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 10:53:52 PM »
I don't think fireworks, at least, would be out of hand.

The Moon Princesses are a different problem: They have no reason or motive whatsoever to be off the moon, even if MTG's mentioned that their mana spring would have collapsed as well. That's probably something to discuss with him, since I don't really have any idea how to work with that.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 10:59:37 PM »
The Moon Princesses are a different problem: They have no reason or motive whatsoever to be off the moon, even if MTG's mentioned that their mana spring would have collapsed as well. That's probably something to discuss with him, since I don't really have any idea how to work with that.

If I remember correctly, the Lunarians would have had to scramble even more to get to our Earth, since as their version of the border collapsed, even their atmosphere would be lost.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 11:03:31 PM »
If I remember correctly, the Lunarians would have had to scramble even more to get to our Earth, since as their version of the border collapsed, even their atmosphere would be lost.

Yea, that was what I was thinking why they would be on the Earth, and since they would have to work harder to get to the Earth, I would think that they would have probably been captured by the RAI forces.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 11:28:59 PM »

You underestimate irrational Lunarian pride.

But, it's plausible if they figured out the problem early and were absolutely certain they couldn't manage it on their own (MTG mentioned, through Yukari, that the Lunarians have had artificial mana generators for several thousand years; they may not need to go rely on pitiful Earthlings for this). I don't know if they would be captured by RAI, considering their apparent technological strength... joining up with them might be more plausible, only excuse against that is pride.

Again, worth talking to him about.

Gpop

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 12:11:29 AM »
My parents decided NOT to come home, so it'll still be awhile until my return.

From there I'll post my next part.

You know, I feel like making a RAI force character.

mad

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 01:26:23 AM »
The RAI need more players. Only three RAI-aligned players have been somewhat active over the course of the RPG.

Edit: It appears that Day 4 marks the beginning of a most wonderous season, The Mokou Mating Season.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:32:15 AM by Madness Chaser »
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 01:39:40 AM »
The RAI need more players. Only three RAI-aligned players have been somewhat active over the course of the RPG.

Edit: It appears that Day 4 marks the beginning of a most wonderous season, The Mokou Mating Season.

Yea, I've noticed that there's very few Rai forces, but then I can't make a reoccuring bad guy role, at least not with what I have to work with.

Also, lets hope that when my character gets to the shrine some time in Day 5 that they don't mistake him for an enemy, and if they do, lets hope Eirin isn't the one in charge of tortue, and if she is, lets hope she doesn't get any ideas about using her new drug, thats where I draw the line,

why you ask? It's because of my character's weakness, (fainting at 80F) which means Mokou is an instant knock out area for Anthony, and with Mokou is now, and with those drugs, he (or if the situation goes in the way I think it is, she), this won't end well for Anthony (or since most of the gender changes have come with a name change too, Ana).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:42:05 AM by Anthony »

mad

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 01:41:15 AM »
Don't worry, Eirin and Jalal have recieved a mandate from a narrator to not use that shady new(actually pretty old) drug.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 01:48:27 AM »
Oh thank god, so the worst thing that could happen is painful torture, unless the fairies still have some of that drug, bah, why do I constantly think about this, I'm being too paranoid, but then there's always the possibility, now I'll be thinking about this all night, but then I better take it as a Murphy's Law Situation, heck, I take almost everything as a Murphy's law situation in real life, I guess this is the only trait that I didn't exaderate for my Character, and now I'm just rambling on.

mad

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 02:47:54 AM »
Not that it would be a probleem for you, but the mandate only refers to player characters. It's still open season on unnamed attackers. heh.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 06:06:04 AM »
Waaaa new version o___o

I promise to be posting again soon... HK is so fun ^__^

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 06:37:46 AM »
Actually, I think I just thought of a decent character for the RAI force, I hope that I can keep my mind working straight for this because I've been shaking since I woke up, probably due to the cold I have, and dangit, I'm rambling on again.

Edit: I got the new character done, though I may change him some time soon, since he kinda seems a bit bland, but I can't think of anything right now for the fact that my head feels like Eirin is prodding around in it.

I hope that won't happen if my character is captured. *shivers*

Edit2: I just noticed that I need a team name for both of my characters, let see if I can make a decent one right now

Team Blazing Frost-Anthony (Anthony)
-Letty Whiterock
-Genjii

Team Jonny-Anthony (Tony)
-Nazrin

I got the idea of naming Tony's team "Team Jonny" on the joke of there's always a jonny in metal gear solid, and I noticed that we didn't have this kind of character on team RAI Force, though I made Tony a little bit higher than a Jonny so he isn't completly useless.

Also, I was wondering, is it possible to have a combination of teams, for the fact that the raid on RAI base on day 5 is going to have Anthony and my friend, and if we can do that I already have a team name thought of,

Team Lunar Ice-Anthony & Rin(Anthony & his friend)
-Letty Whiterock
-Genjii
-Watatsuki no Toyohime
-Watatsuki no Yorihime

I'm not officially sure what name my friend will use so I just used Rin since thats what he usually uses.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:42:22 PM by Anthony »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 06:38:54 AM »
Pedonymous, I insist you delete your latest story post asap. First, who gave you the idea to hijack my character to do stuff on your own? Second, your post was way over the top. This is not some H story we are posting.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 06:40:21 AM »
Pedonymous, I insist you delete your latest story post asap. First, who gave you the idea to hijack my character to do stuff on your own? Second, your post was way over the top. This is not some H story we are posting.

While I am still here, Pedonymous, I endorse this statement completely

As I have the authority here. Even if I try to enjoy my vacation, I wouldn't let such a thing like this happen. Try me.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 07:24:32 AM »
well we still have MTG's NSFW thread as well...if you want to use that post. Post it there. Details are up top under my first post. Your a new player so you probably didn't know but we're trying to keep this thread as reader safe as possible and if you wish to post anything outside that boundary MTG provided a thread for that. Just another option...but i guess you should listen to Trance since he's one of our GMs.
Besides Mokou has to be there to watch the rest of the "games" anyway haha.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.