Author Topic: [東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu] - Embodiments  (Read 39082 times)

Re: [東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu] - Embodiments
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2010, 06:40:38 AM »
My concept of my Embodiment-pattern! Bullets look like pairs of scissors colored blue and green (though I can settle for Blue/Green 21 bullets). The premise revolves around generating two rings of bullets with identical behavior (maybe just one on easy and more on higher difficulties), but one spawns and moves half a second after the other.

Each ring spawns at the boss, and moves out to form a stationary ring around the boss for a short moment. Then each individual bullet of that ring starts moving, aimed at the player, so that they form a sort of squished figure-eight around where the player was (Chen and I think Youmu each have patterns that behave like this in PCB). But then! A random amount of time later (say between 1-3 seconds), the bullets change direction, once again aimed at the player. The delay is the same for both rings, so the second ring changes direction half a second after the first one again.

« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2010, 06:44:53 AM »
My concept of my Embodiment-pattern! Bullets look like pairs of scissors colored blue and green (though I can settle for Blue/Green 21 bullets). The premise revolves around generating two rings of bullets with identical behavior (maybe just one on easy and more on higher difficulties), but one spawns and moves half a second after the other.

Each ring spawns at the boss, and moves out to form a stationary ring around the boss for a short moment. Then each individual bullet of that ring starts moving, aimed at the player, so that they form a sort of squished figure-eight around where the player was (Chen and I think Youmu each have patterns that behave like this in PCB). But then! A random amount of time later (say between 1-3 seconds), the bullets change direction, once again aimed at the player. The delay is the same for both rings, so the second ring changes direction half a second after the first one again.
May I suggest something?

Upon the embodiment being summoned, there should be a 10 or so second wait in which nothing happens before the embodiment appears with a loud sound effect and attacks, as if it were a dud. That way it's UNEXPECTED. (The first time the player encounters this, anyway.)

« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2010, 06:50:39 AM »
Not necessarily! This is just an Embodiment, after all, not the real Muffin.

But that reminds me of another idea: at some point between waves, she randomly fires a single fast-moving bullet at the player.

« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2010, 06:54:11 AM »
Not necessarily! This is just an Embodiment, after all, not the real Muffin.
But wouldn't they still have the same abilities as who they copy?

« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2010, 07:37:39 AM »
I was always under the impression that the Embodiments were mindless, and thus, y'know, don't have the same awesomeness as the originals. I'm pretty sure there was some talk of them not having unique patterns, just generic "Embodiment patterns" ...

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2010, 07:54:40 AM »
I was always under the impression that the Embodiments were mindless, and thus, y'know, don't have the same awesomeness as the originals. I'm pretty sure there was some talk of them not having unique patterns, just generic "Embodiment patterns" ...

It's either or. They *will* be mostly generic (as trying to come up with 20 characteristic flavored unique simple patterns is both kinda ridiculous and impossible). But if people want minor cosmetic things like "I'd like my character to use knife denmeku instead of regular bullets" then that would fly.

Also, balancing difficulty of embodiments is another logistic problem that can't be tackled until after the stage. If the embodiments are too difficult, then later in the stages or on higher difficulties an embodiment is suicide to summon (shouldn't be that much of a discouragement), but you have to make the stages difficult enough to stand alone as is.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2010, 11:44:34 AM »
My character releases a bunch of feathers then the feathers slowly move down and side to side like a falling feather. (This next part can be changed if you dont like it) Then launches two large bullets from the side that curve and leave a small cluster. Then the feathers stop in place for a second with the quills pointing at the player then fly towards them one by one

Can you be specific with what color you want the "feathers" to be? I'm assuming you mean the small crystals that Cirno uses... Pattern is definitely doable though.

So it's basically PoFV Reimu's Lvl 3 attack, with a ring being added per difficulty? That's fine. I can make it either have alternating green/blue bullets, or have a green ring then a blue ring, etc.

As far as how generic Embodiments should be, I thought the example of Mountain of Faith non-cards would be enough. Basically, no unique bullet types, and attack will likely be only 2 simple phases (ex, a few rings of bullets, then an aimed wave, repeat). This doesn't mean we can't make cool attacks, but you have to keep in mind that your attack is in addition to the stage enemies and only lasts about 12 seconds.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2010, 01:17:42 PM »
Can you be specific with what color you want the "feathers" to be? I'm assuming you mean the small crystals that Cirno uses... Pattern is definitely doable though.
The feathers would be white and brown. Yea it is similar to Icicle Fall but the feathers come out at a random direction and go towards the player one by one instead of all at the same time

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2010, 04:49:01 PM »

I AM SO IMAGINATIVE
So yeah...IIDX note danmaku. I'm thinking the bottom part with the keys on them comes up slowly, then the "notes" start falling in chords, scales, etc. I guess harder difficulties would make the "chart" harder, and/or increase the "bpm" of the danmaku?

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2010, 07:42:08 PM »
So a combo of Nazrin's nonspell and Lunasa's Lvl 3 attack? It definitely can't be as fast as the video, but everything else is fine.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2010, 08:22:25 PM »

Yyyyyeah fairies

They come in from the sides in a sine pattern and fire straight down

I like the ringed 04 bullets, and orange is my favorite color.

« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2010, 08:26:35 PM »
So it's basically PoFV Reimu's Lvl 3 attack, with a ring being added per difficulty? That's fine. I can make it either have alternating green/blue bullets, or have a green ring then a blue ring, etc.

*goes to play a short match in PoFV*

Yes, exactly! Except the delay is slightly random.

My mental idea (I really didn't have a clear idea of colors) was for blue ring then green ring. So, Blue21 and Green21 bullets it is, then.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2010, 09:29:52 PM »
Oh, we're doing Danmaku ideas for our embodiements? Ok, I've got one: Large pink paw Print shaped Bullets fire out in a random cluster and slow down as they keep moveing, than "Claws" formed by four beams extend from Kuma and she charges at the player, trepeating the pattern from her current position. does that sound good?
Wotters gonna' wot

Drake

« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2010, 09:43:40 PM »
I think a Mima charge would be better there, just have you return to top screen. Otherwise it becomes a rapefest. Lasers are cool though.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2010, 10:23:42 PM »
Yeah that would probably be better
Wotters gonna' wot

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2010, 11:20:04 PM »
than "Claws" formed by four beams extend from Kuma and she charges at the player
My, that seems familiar somehow...

Feel free to reuse the respective code, it's not like it was difficult to program anyways.  ;D
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2010, 12:04:52 AM »
Quoting discussion in chat for the record (Yukari is me)

[16:27] <Onthenet> hmm, muffin forgot to mention his embodiment was for OMES
[16:27] <Helepolis> See Drake, the person returned again :V
[16:27] <Helepolis> Because that was like obvious to happen
[16:28] <Helepolis> Fate has decided it
[16:28] <Magical_Moerin> Hmmm?
[16:29] <Yukari> -- oh right. Um ...
[16:29] <Helepolis> has nothing to do with you people, relax
[16:29] <Yukari> Three rings, um, blue-green-blue then.
[16:29] <Yukari> And shooting a single red21 aimed-bullet at random intervals.
[16:30] <Drake> that'd be a bit weird, the aimed bullet
[16:30] <Xan> ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE!
[16:31] <Drake> uh, yes
[16:31] <Drake> exactly
[16:31] <Yukari> It will be UNEXPECTED. |3
[16:31] <Yukari> That's the point~
[16:31] <Onthenet> hmm, to make muffin's attack better suited for stage difficulty
[16:31] <Drake> not really |3
[16:31] <Onthenet> 4 rings of bullets in a row, all slightly away from the boss like Mokou's nonspells
[16:32] <Drake> or kanakopener
[16:32] <Onthenet> kanakopener is only from 2 spots though
[16:32] <Onthenet> but that also works I guess
[16:32] <Onthenet> it's like kanakoreimu then
(I need to refresh my memory with Kanakopener, but that works)

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2010, 08:34:04 AM »
All I got (and I guess probably needed since I'm a stage 2 embodiment) is just a simple firing of danmaku in + and - formations at the player character, preferably colored red and blue respectively.

Basically aimed shots that are red + and blue - which I don't know if that is enough or not, I'm not exactly in the thinking mood for this.

Edit: redoing since I got a design change, and my new idea is just red danmaku that circles back, like a boomerang.

and if that is too complicated, just in straight aimed shots then, in streams. (and if it's already too late, that doesn't matter then, all your guys' choices of course)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:59:58 PM by Anthony Kabuto »