Author Topic: EoSD Ultra [Hey Drake hehe]  (Read 20615 times)

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
EoSD Ultra [Hey Drake hehe]
« on: May 15, 2009, 01:00:28 AM »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=90GOGH8W

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvKhSZxDZgA

Yes, it's incredibly stupid. But, I would love to see perfect stage runs with tool-assist. (HI DRAKE)

Anybody interested?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: EoSD Ultra [Hey Drake hehe]
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 01:02:27 AM »
In case it wasn't painfully obvious, the video you posted WAS tool assisted, and the guy doing it was probably much more experienced at it than GODrake. I'm pretty sure what the person in that video was doing was about as good as you can do.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 01:12:26 AM »
I need to know what the original filenames were before the English patch.

Or find a japanese download.

As in give it to me or nothing's happening.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 01:24:07 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 01:34:36 AM »
Forget perfect stage runs.  If anyone here could actually 1cc this crap with max lives and TAS, I would be ridiculously impressed. :P

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 02:06:27 AM »
I need to know what the original filenames were before the English patch.

Or find a japanese download.

As in give it to me or nothing's happening.

Aw damn. I have no idea. haha

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 04:08:06 AM »
O.O

Oh...em...eff...gee...

Props to the guy that actually stood up against this harsh difficulty...even though it's TAS'ed.
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 08:31:54 AM »
Saw this months ago.  Basically amped up speed and more bullets, but no actual pattern changes really.  It affects Extra too - and honestly, the added speed/etc screws up some of them.

There's a mod for Imperishable Night, too.

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 01:16:07 PM »
Saw this months ago.  Basically amped up speed and more bullets, but no actual pattern changes really.  It affects Extra too - and honestly, the added speed/etc screws up some of them.

There are pattern changes! Bouncing things where there shouldn't be, bullets that curve waaay too much, and stuff that crisscrosses from behind you. Spells where waves last for longer than they should... and finally amped-up extra spells in the normal run.

Also, there's one for IN? I want to see! >_<
Advocate of Transhumanism

Drake

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 01:53:21 PM »

No, this has nothing to do with rank. They hacked into the ecl data. Notice QED of 500 Years, more bullets than physically possible to pump out with rank, bullet types that fire when normally they have nothing to do with the portion, etc.

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 02:54:19 PM »
That's just awesome. Obviously tool assisted as only the PoFV Lunatic AI would be capable of handling stuff like that.

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 03:59:31 PM »
i want to try 1cc the IN without tool assist can sb help me find the patch?

Drake

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 09:34:06 PM »
Renaming the DAT files only gives me an error saying I can't open it.

Well, time to go search for an EoSD that hasn't been translated yet.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 12:16:19 AM »
No, this has nothing to do with rank. They hacked into the ecl data. Notice QED of 500 Years, more bullets than physically possible to pump out with rank, bullet types that fire when normally they have nothing to do with the portion, etc.
When did I say it had anything to do with rank? >_>  I forgot that QED got replaced, but maybe I'm just too out of practice with EoSD to notice extra bullet types.

I'm still fairly certain only basic parameters were changed (loop numbers to fire larger #'s of bullets, speed values, and probably stuff like max reflections and frequency) as opposed to actual changes to the patterns themselves.  It's really visible on Extra, if thhat video was upped ><;
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 12:21:01 AM by Garlyle »

nintendonut888

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 12:35:25 AM »
Even ignoring stage 6, which has every spell card completely changed, there's way too many differences for it to be a simple hack. For example, note how Green Storm is now a survival spell card with safespots in the upper part of the screen. Also, I've seen a different version of the Cirno fight (not sure if it's from the same guy, but this is the only part that's different), where Perfect Freeze is renamed to "Eternal Mi(9), and the attack is altered in such a way to make it really difficult.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 12:55:54 AM »
Eternal Mi⑨
Please let me not be the only one to get that.

nintendonut888

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 01:01:20 AM »
Of course you're not. The only reason I remember the name is because I get the reference. I'm glad it was in katakana though, or else I would have missed it.

Actually, hold on, I'll find the video.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nolKwJoD5K8&fmt=18
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 01:11:53 AM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 01:09:53 AM »
For example, note how Green Storm is now a survival spell card with safespots in the upper part of the screen.
Not quite. The bullet density and speed just becomes so ridiculous that, even with insane amounts of slowdown, Green Storm becomes impossible to dodge in the typical places (e.g. the only areas where you can damage Patchy, unless you're ReimuA). Thus, you're forced to dodging in the corner where the environment at least gives you a chance.

nintendonut888

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 01:12:33 AM »
Then explain why Green Storm has less than 20 seconds on its timer?

EDIT: It's also invincible. Same with Emerald Megalith.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 02:10:02 AM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 01:38:58 AM »
Looks like that patch actually affects all difficulties...

Normal is still rather BS  :P
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 04:12:52 AM by SP »

nintendonut888

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 02:48:45 AM »
Aww, I just realized that it's not a pun on "Eternal Miko/Eternal Shrine Maiden." I'm now pretty sure that it's really a pun of "Eternal Meek", which I guess would make more sense since Eternal Shrine Maiden's Japanese name is in kanji and Eternal Meek's in katakana.

But one can dream. *sigh*

Drake

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 03:15:56 AM »
Oh so I was the only one who got it.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 04:17:14 AM »
Nope I got it too.

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 09:56:41 AM »
Got up to maze of love without tools on the extra stage.  I think I can get to the books without dying, and with a little practice on Cranberry trap the early part might actually be doable.  I'm scared as hell as to what the patch does to QED and and such though  :P

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 04:50:13 PM »
Got up to maze of love without tools on the extra stage.  I think I can get to the books without dying, and with a little practice on Cranberry trap the early part might actually be doable.  I'm scared as hell as to what the patch does to QED and and such though  :P

Did you find an unpatched EoSD or did you modify your english version? If the latter, could you say what you did?

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 08:19:26 AM »
Did you find an unpatched EoSD or did you modify your english version? If the latter, could you say what you did?

I used my unpatched EoSD.

Also, replays desync  >:(  I was hoping they wouldn't given that youtube run worked, but meh.  I had a perfect run on the books too.

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »
I used my unpatched EoSD.

Also, replays desync  >:(  I was hoping they wouldn't given that youtube run worked, but meh.  I had a perfect run on the books too.

Ah, k. Damn :D

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 04:35:23 PM »
So I got myself an unpatched EoSD.
Patched it with Ultra, am now in the middle of my first playthrough in normal (stage 4).

It's SO FUN LOL.
Everything is so absurd I can't help but laugh.
If anyone wants, I could upload the folder... or is that against the forum rules?

edit: oh god patchy owned me. 4 lives I think.
edit2: had to continue twice :[ Remilia's last 2 spells are untouched, which is a little boring. Gonna try and unlock Extra now.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 04:52:53 PM by Schpwuette »

Drake

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 06:52:20 PM »
link to unpatched now

Sentinel

• Thinking inside the box
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 07:12:01 PM »

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 09:23:52 PM »
[link omitted]

//

Man. It seems I'm doomed to make stupid mistakes over and over and over again. Whenever I perfect stage 1 and 2 (50% success rate), I fuck up stage 3 (which has a number of planned bombs on the stage boss, but I fuck it up anyway). If all goes as planned, I fuck up stage 4 horrifyingly - die twice to koakuma and forget to stream all the kedamas.

I wanna 1cc it :[

Stuff that I'm proud of:
Surviving a single wave of the post-Sakuya insanity (I got lucky, but still had to do some insane dodges).
Surviving for enough time to only have to use two bombs on Meiling's incredibly fast static rainbow attack.
1 bombing mercury poison.
Dodging a single wave of Agni... uh... ReimuA Patchy's first spellcard (mostly luck).
Capturing all of Sakuya's attacks (both stages) with a decent success rate. She's not too bad really. Nothing like Patchy.

This is all normal difficulty of course.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:19:28 AM by Naut »