Author Topic: Silly Touhou Fanon  (Read 43056 times)

Herasy

Re: Silly Touhou Fanon
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2009, 03:31:12 PM »
Maribel can't be Yukari other persona since Hakurei Border is created in AD 1884 while the current world already have cellphone and stuff, Maribel would be 100+ years old...unless Yukari make deal with some human who are interested in paranormal like Maribel and agree to switch consciousness with her.

Wat.

Did you ever think that maybe with the border up the people living in Gensokyo were sealed off from technological advancements?

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2009, 03:33:42 PM »
As far as I know people don't really know whether she drank it or not. I say yes.

My vocabulary is not that bad but I purposely make it look worse on the internet since I do not believe in many a user's ability to actually understand proper English. So I just dump some ugly slang here and there to make my text more understandable for those people while still comprehensible by those with some intelligence and SOME measure of will to understand what I mean. As a positive side-effect I can pass as another mindless troll avoiding many an "intelligent conversation" unless someone actually presents him or herself interesting enough that I actually feel a serious talk with that person will be interesting and enjoyable.
rofl bye

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2009, 03:35:43 PM »
Did you ever think that maybe with the border up the people living in Gensokyo were sealed off from technological advancements?
You miss read. I meant Maribel should be in around year 2006+ since there are ipod and such in the human world while Yukari helped in doing something to the creation of the boarder in 1884.

I just said Maribel cannot be yukari as a same person, but can be sharing the same consciousness.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 03:39:18 PM by shinyjam »

Herasy

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2009, 03:38:31 PM »
As far as I know people don't really know whether she drank it or not. I say yes.

My vocabulary is not that bad but I purposely make it look worse on the internet since I do not believe in many a user's ability to actually understand proper English. So I just dump some ugly slang here and there to make my text more understandable for those people while still comprehensible by those with some intelligence and SOME measure of will to understand what I mean. As a positive side-effect I can pass as another mindless troll avoiding many an "intelligent conversation" unless someone actually presents him or herself interesting enough that I actually feel a serious talk with that person will be interesting and enjoyable.

I try to avoid shortening my words as it would probably have the side effects of making me subconsciously blurt out more stupid stuff in real life.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2009, 03:40:03 PM »
I try to avoid shortening my words as it would probably have the side effects of making me subconsciously blurt out more stupid stuff in real life.

Oh well. It's fine for me since, although the method is very different, I sorta do the same stuff IRL anyway.
rofl bye

Herasy

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2009, 03:40:54 PM »
You miss read. I meant Maribel should be in around year 2006+ since there are ipod and such in the human world while Yukari helped in doing something to the creation of the boarder in 1884.

I just said Maribel cannot be Yukair as a same person, but can be sharing the same consciousness.

So I did, sorry.

That's pretty much my cue to go to bed  :-\

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2009, 03:42:52 PM »
I have a hard time believing that Eirin drank the elixir with Kaguya, maybe because I didn't read something right or whatever. I don't want to completely debunk it, so I'll just agree with Herasy in saying 'no body knows' (Oh boy, how often do we see those words in Touhou).

Also while I'm here I thought I'd shit out a (crackpot) theory I came up with in the Pooshlmer PC-98 thread:

The demon tourist, Luize, is able to cross borders much in the fashion that Yukari can (only without gaps, perhaps a power to ignore the border between worlds?), her travels to the outside world may have sparked the creation of Alice in this sense being on the outside world, humans are a more numerous species than youkai/demons. Luize finding them interesting comes back one day and tells Shinki all about the humans she has seen. Intrigued by these findings, and curious about the true nature of humans, Shinki creates Alice as a human to observe this nature that interest her so, this also could have been Shinki's way to see what it would be like to care for a human child as well.

And we all know how Alice became a youkai so I won't explain into that (partly because I'm too lazy to).

And no the border ignoring bit isn't my attempt to make Luize look awesome or anything, it's actually somewhat plausible if you stop and think about it. Ah, whatever I'm done crapping up the thread with my, slightly off topic, PC-98 theorizing...

ark7

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2009, 04:01:08 PM »
My vocabulary is not that bad but

My vocabulary is not that bad, but

on the internet since

on the internet, since

for those people while still

for those people, while still

comprehensible by those

comprehensible to those

As a positive side-effect I can

As a positive side-effect, I can

many an "intelligent conversation" unless someone

many an "intelligent conversation", unless someone

presents him or herself interesting enough

presents him or herself as interesting enough

Here, fixed it for you. If you're talking about proper English, all those commas are actually mandatory.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2009, 05:01:09 PM »
Maribel can't be Yukari other persona since Hakurei Border is created in AD 1884 while the current world already have cellphone and stuff, Maribel would be 100+ years old...unless Yukari make deal with some human who are interested in paranormal like Maribel and agree to switch consciousness with her.

There is a flaw in the time spans anyways, considering Maribel slipped into Gensokyos Bamboo Forest several hundred years ago. (regarding "Perfect Memento: Memorandum")

If looks more like a time travel... Also, if Maribel slipped into Gensokyo that one time... what happend to Yukari at that time? I don't think they are related in any way.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2009, 05:05:47 PM »
Oh right...time travel...never mind then. :P

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
I don't think they are related in any way.
Oh, I dunno, you just need to come up with complete bullshit something creative, like how Axl and Raven have a "parallel existence" in the Guilty Gear series.

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2009, 05:35:34 PM »
it's not mentioned anywhere that Eirin did consume the elixir, or that Kaguya really used the Elixir on Eirin (there was a debate over that spellcard, "Forbidden Arcanum - Hourai Elixir", some believe that names do prove that Eirin did consume it, others don't). Was it really needed for the characters to kill her? If yes, then Sakuya, for example, shouldn't be alive after EoSD stage 6, and Mystia (even though the IN Ghost Team route's canonicity is arguable) shouldn't be alive in PoFV. Here's IN's script translation for the Ghost Team: http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Imperishable_Night:_Ghost_Team%27s_Scenario_2

About Maribel, there's also this: http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Memento:_Memorandum
For the memorandum to have been actually found within Gensokyo, either Maribel's time slip hypothesis was true, or the dream (and PMiSS and the whole Gensokyo) was an illusion, no more than this (even the child of Miare, and Sanae as well might not have existed from the start); or (more unlikely) there's another Maribel and another Renko with similar abilities.
Anyways, there's nothing saying that Maribel and Yukari aren't different persons, either. Perhaps the first people to fanon-merge Maribel with Yukari knew this as well, and were merely trolling people who can be easily convinced.

As for Luize, Shinki said that a tourist agency was tasked to send the Makai inhabitants to a vacation trip in the outside world, and the agency ended up sending them to Gensokyo instead.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2009, 06:41:52 PM »

That doesn't necessarily disprove the Yukari/Maribel theory. There's nothing saying Maribel was born at the same time as Yukari. I maintain that they are two different people. When one is asleep, that person's consciousness enters the body of the other.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Hieda no Aya

• I see you remodeled.
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2009, 06:22:49 PM »
Where did the "Maribel dreaming she's Yukari" setup come from in the first place, anyway? Between the PMiSS note and Mary's dream in Changeability of Strange Dream, I never saw the basis of that. And you'd expect people to react to her a certain way if she was Yukari at the time; from the sound of things she may well have run into a few people we know. Is there a story I'm missing or is that pure fandom?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2009, 07:59:55 PM »
Where did the "Maribel dreaming she's Yukari" setup come from in the first place, anyway? Between the PMiSS note and Mary's dream in Changeability of Strange Dream, I never saw the basis of that. And you'd expect people to react to her a certain way if she was Yukari at the time; from the sound of things she may well have run into a few people we know. Is there a story I'm missing or is that pure fandom?

Maribel looks a lot like the PCB Yukari, one is asleep when the other is awake, one manipulates borders and the other can see Gensokyo's border. All conjectural links, but enough to build a conspiracy.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2009, 11:04:21 PM »
Fanon built Marisa's harem on less. Flandre and Nitori, for one thing. Also Patchouli, who has reason to dislike her (Marisa-as-book-thief is canon). And this was before the release of SA, which I suppose didn't particularly help ...

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2009, 01:41:03 AM »

[Insert Cirno is the Strongest Theory here:]
JESUS CHRIST DID CASSIE WROTE THIS WITH MUFFIN?!

I'm a fan of this theory too.
Check out one of the flashbacks in my RPG Post.
See what Cirno did when facing the most deadly ESPer in my Fictional Universe.

(OK, I admit in my Fanon all Youseis are stronger than they seems because I love them.)

(Wouldn't that be a darn good team?
We have Sunny, who can turn the team invisible
We have Star, who can notice the enemy's action
We have Luna, who can disable the enemy from hearing our own team
We have Cirno, who is an attacker and control ice
We have Daiyousei and Lily White/Black for Recover HP/EN

Check it out, we have Damage Output (And it's an elemental one), we have Scout, we have Stealth, we have enough supplies. If this is SRW or any other SRPG give me this team and the enemy team will fall!

Too sad the intelligence of the fairies didn't allow them to take complex actions.)

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2009, 10:25:21 PM »
I'm a fan of this theory too.
Check out one of the flashbacks in my RPG Post.
See what Cirno did when facing the most deadly ESPer in my Fictional Universe.

(OK, I admit in my Fanon all Youseis are stronger than they seems because I love them.)

(Wouldn't that be a darn good team?
We have Sunny, who can turn the team invisible
We have Star, who can notice the enemy's action
We have Luna, who can disable the enemy from hearing our own team
We have Cirno, who is an attacker and control ice
We have Daiyousei and Lily White/Black for Recover HP/EN

Check it out, we have Damage Output (And it's an elemental one), we have Scout, we have Stealth, we have enough supplies. If this is SRW or any other SRPG give me this team and the enemy team will fall!

Too sad the intelligence of the fairies didn't allow them to take complex actions.)

rofl bye

AntKiller

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2009, 12:06:06 AM »

You are a sad person my brother... That's why I love you so much XD

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2009, 09:13:56 AM »
You're just jealous 'cause of my paint sk1llz. Go hang out with Parsee.
rofl bye

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2009, 02:14:57 PM »

OH GOD
MIND = BLOWN
YOUR LOGIC
IT MAKES COMPLETE SENSE

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2009, 02:56:49 PM »

Ahh, we need to have Mess-Produced Units right?
You really think in real combat one can win with few ACE Pilots?

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2009, 05:47:09 PM »

Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »

rofl bye

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2009, 12:27:43 AM »
[Various Pics]

As the Sith Lord, Darth Phoenix, I obey the rule of absolute.

Which means, If I'm answering that question:

I'll probably choose to go alone.

However, if the enemy is too strong, then we will mop them down with mess of units.

Believe me, a few ACEs is not a good option.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2009, 12:29:45 AM »
As the Sith Lord, Darth Phoenix, I obey the rule of absolute.

Which means, If I'm answering that question:

I'll probably choose to go alone.

However, if the enemy is too strong, then we will mop them down with mess of units.

Believe me, a few ACEs is not a good option.

So that's like:
"Yeah, you make a good point and are probably right but I can't admit that so I'll pretend I disagree?"

Also: You mentioning Star Wars? Don't make me dig out the Death Star on you, buddy...
rofl bye

ark7

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2009, 12:46:23 AM »
This seems strangely related to this discussion:

« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2009, 01:04:34 AM »
Translations.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2009, 01:36:08 AM »
[Epyon pic]
LOLOLOLOLOL
If by an ace you mean one of your units swinging a huge sword around, then you're screwed.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2009, 02:18:18 AM »
"Yeah, you make a good point and are probably right but I can't admit that so I'll pretend I disagree?"

Well, for the "style" point, I admit a well-balanced plan is best for most people.

However, I get NO luck at all, and it expands to EVERYTHING, so when I'm playing games I usually goes for a one-shot kill with one really strong character or mop the enemy down with large forces or I'll be screwed.

It's not I don't want to admit that, it's just.... Well, just say everytime when I try to be balance I get screwed.
(And that's the exactly reason why I put 18 Spell cards and 2 Fast Card Draw in all my character deck in SWR.)

And we are supposed to talk about Touhou Fanons, not Battle/gaming Styles, if you want I can open a "style" pose elsewhere.

So back to the topic.

YOUSEIS ARE AWESOME.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 02:22:17 AM by nemoma »