Author Topic: Silly Touhou Fanon  (Read 43050 times)

NekoInc Likes Birds

• Flying like a bird
  • BIRD.
Re: Silly Touhou Fanon
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 09:15:42 PM »
I don't.

Although I wonder if, the next time Sakuya has any particular reason to be a boss in a danmaku game, she'll have the Dio Brando pose ...

Given ZUN's penchant for almost never going back in the plots? Unlikely she'll ever have reason to be.

That said, I would not be surprised if she DOES, whenever she next somehow shows up, gain the signature Dio pose (She has at least a few other of his poses in her animations in the Tasoforo games already, IIRC).

A random pondering:

If Yukari is ever to become a major character again, what kind of fooling around would she be up to this time?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 09:20:34 PM »
If Yukari is ever to become a major character again, what kind of fooling around would she be up to this time?

Not that I want to give her any ideas, but maybe she's created a gap between Gensokyo and some distant area of deep space (whence the UFOs). Why? Because she can.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 09:35:26 PM »
Touhou 20: The Adventure of Still No Mima
Touhou 21: The Remembering That Mima is Not Coming Back
Touhou 22: The Belief That Mima Probably is REALLY DEAD

For use on imageboards, since the thumbnail transparency is what really gets people. (Hey, cool, it works here too.)

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 09:36:29 PM »
Given ZUN's penchant for almost never going back in the plots? Unlikely she'll ever have reason to be.
I was thinking along the lines of something like StB or the "boss attacks" in PoFV, or IN's Last Words.

Tengukami

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 01:52:07 AM »
I have to admit, I'm a fan of the "Maribel and Yukari are the same person" theory. It's like a David Lynch film.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 04:19:49 AM »
I don't see how the whole 'She dreams she's Yukari' deal can suddenly make her the same person. Just because you dream you're some boundray haxing youkai doesn't mean you're them essentially. I mean really, we dream about touhous all the time, but that doesn't mean we're touhous.

...Or ARE we.

Tengukami

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 05:27:23 AM »
I don't see how the whole 'She dreams she's Yukari' deal can suddenly make her the same person. Just because you dream you're some boundray haxing youkai doesn't mean you're them essentially. I mean really, we dream about touhous all the time, but that doesn't mean we're touhous.

...Or ARE we.

Without repeating the comparisons made between Maribel and Yukari in the wiki, I like to think of it more as, yes, they are two separate entities, but the consciousness of A enters the body of B when A is asleep, instead of the idea that they're the same person, moving back and forth across Gensokyo's border. As one is a powerful youkai who can go back and forth between our world and Gensokyo, manipulating borders, and the other is just an ordinary human girl who can see Gensokyo's border, Gensokyo itself could be all Maribel's invention. Or maybe the outside world is a dream Yukari is having.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 06:41:57 AM »
Spoiler:
That's just yukari fucking with Maribel because, for some reason, she likes her.
rofl bye

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

• Doing >9000 Barrel Rolls
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 03:01:39 PM »
Spoiler:
That's just yukari fucking with Maribel because, for some reason, she likes her.
I vote this.
I gotta have something for my sig, so...

Tengukami

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 05:10:14 PM »
Spoiler:

I wouldn't put it past her. Or maybe that's just what she wants you to think.

Gpop

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 06:58:34 PM »
Spoiler:

I read it in a NSFW way.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 07:51:34 PM »
Look at her. Yukari is extremely bored, extremely powerful and overall very very weird. She is a person with little friends, with most of the people fearing her (not without reason) or simply not even knowing much about her, particularly from the last let's say, 6 or 7 hundred years ago when Ran starting taking most of the work she did have. She IS a good friend but what friends do we have for her?
1 - Yuyuko: A ghost that can invoke death in any living being (in b4, hourai h4x), rules over Hyakugyokurou and LOOKS like one of the most daft persons in the world, except you then realise she is actually about as intelligent and knowledgeable as Yukari herself, although being just as weird in very different ways of thinking and doing stuff.
2 - Suika: One of the four devas of the mountain who got pissed at the surface-dwellers ungratefulness and exiled themselves to the underground. They made a pact in order to be left alone and that was mediated and probably planned by none other than Yukari herself. As for Suika she is one of the strongest beings and gensokyou and it's generally assumed that she, with a hand tied beyond her back, can mop the floor with pretty much everyone except Yukari (who would probably manage to put up quite the fight), Yuyuko (insta-kill-H4X) and possibly the other Oni (particularly if Yuugi is to serve as any measure). Regardless of that she is content with just fooling around, drinking, showing off and generally having a good laid-back time.
3 - Reimu: Our very well known H4X-maiden. Who Yukari took quite a while to meet (considering she and the Hakurei probably go way back) but now ceases not to pester and impose on.

Yukari likes weird people. She toys with the weaker and hangs out with the strong, altogether while doing whatever it is she does while no one is looking. A normal untrained human that can see beyond the borders of Gensokyou is like a treasure to her. A different person that particularly deals with the same kind of stuff that she does. It's the toy she was waiting for.
rofl bye

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2009, 07:54:10 PM »
Yukari likes weird people. She toys with the weaker and hangs out with the strong, altogether while doing whatever it is she does while no one is looking. A normal untrained human that can see beyond the borders of Gensokyou is like a treasure to her. A different person that particularly deals with the same kind of stuff that she does. It's the toy she was waiting for.
Sounds like story material to me. (But then again, mostly everything does)

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 10:37:21 PM »
That's more an analysis of her canon behaviour than story material. My fanfic repulsion still goes strong
rofl bye

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 02:26:37 AM »
This guess, brought to you by sleep deprivation. And the Letter Q. Actualy, I'm not sure what Q has to do wi-

GET ON WITH IT

OK OK! Jeez...

Now, here's a weird thing. Mary Poppins may have connections with Yukari. Think about it for a sec.

She can FLY.

She can PULL OUT JUST ABOUT ANYTHING from that bag of hers.

She is rarely without her HAT.

She has an UMBRELLA which she uses to help fly.

Need I remind you that she can PULL OUT JUST ABOUT ANYTHING from that bag of hers?

I rest my case.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2009, 03:14:48 AM »
THIS JUST IN

MARY POPPINS IS A TOEHOE

FILM AT 11

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2009, 06:23:10 AM »
And one of the more powerful ones at that, if her parasol is any indication.

Tengukami

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2009, 09:45:34 AM »
Mary Poppins cannot be Yukari because Julie Andrews appeared topless in the movie S.O.B.

AntKiller

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2009, 10:30:44 AM »
Mary Poppins is communist, remember when she almost bankrupted the bank because of twopence? Just to feed the damn pigeons.
I totally agree both are VERY weird persons, but Yukari can't be Mary Poppins, they are way different levels.

Besides, Alice In Wonderland grown  up being Mary Poppins would fit way better.
Because watching the both movies makes me feel high.
Going inside chalk drawings, supercalifragalistcexpialidocious, penguin bar, a laughing uncle that gets stuck on the ceiling? That's NOT Yukari !

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2009, 12:23:24 PM »
Mary Poppins is communist, remember when she almost bankrupted the bank because of twopence? Just to feed the damn pigeons.
I totally agree both are VERY weird persons, but Yukari can't be Mary Poppins, they are way different levels.

Besides, Alice In Wonderland grown  up being Mary Poppins would fit way better.
Because watching the both movies makes me feel high.
Going inside chalk drawings, supercalifragalistcexpialidocious, penguin bar, a laughing uncle that gets stuck on the ceiling? That's NOT Yukari !

Actually I think it's kinda close enough. But Mary has too much of a sense of responsibility to be Yukari. On the plus side I stand by the fact that Mary Poppins is an archmage of the highest calibre that would surely prove a worthy opponent to Elminster of Shadowdale, Gandalf, or any Touhou character for that matter. Her umbrella CAN deflect Master Spark!
rofl bye

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2009, 02:25:51 PM »
apparently, Yukari doesn't canonically hangs out with
- Eirin
- the Watatsuki sisters
- Aya (the invincible, who can defeat even herself and onis -- and Yukari, as well -- without shooting, or some could say, without trying)
- Flandre
- Yuka
- Shinki (I did it for the lulz)
- Dragons

and apparently, Yukari doesn't canonically toy with many of the weaker characters, one of them being Chen. Even in the games, Yukari seems to make less fun of her opponents than other characters.

The outside world being Yukari's dream wouldn't explain how the lunarians threw the American flag back at the earth, said flag having ended up in Gensokyo (the three mischievous fairies find it); and Gensokyo being Maribel's invention (as in, Maribel sleeps and becomes the Yukari persona for half of a day, and vice-versa) could work, in a sense that, while the Hakurei border was meant to seal the youkai-populated region so that they wouldn't get out, the great boundary that keeps the illusional world and the real world separate served the purpose of attracting the youkai into Gensokyo, meaning that they were illusional beings from the start, and would otherwise progressively diminish and fade in the outside world. But... how would Maribel live for so long? Unless Yukari's past is a lie? (like, Maribel and Yukari, and both worlds all along, are actually Matrix slaves lol)  Chances could be that even the youkai and the Hakurei border were purely fictional (conceived tales made out by scared or creative humans), not existing from the start, or the youkai's history doesn't acknowledge neither of the two barriers, or only the Hakurei barrier; either way, making things actually different from what Maribel thinks or dreams. That is, if they are really the same person, though no one can really guarantee that they are, due to lack of conclusive evidence.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Herasy

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2009, 02:40:16 PM »
The thing with Yuyuko's insta-death ability is that she rarely EVER (has anyone actually ever seen her use it on anyone bar herself?) actually uses it, this of course being due to her having high responsibility for that particular power.

I mean if she was to get into a brawl with one of the high-ends of the Gensokyo food chain you wouldn't see her pulling it out due to:

1. Some of the high ends are actually immune to the power. (Shiki, Komachi, Mouku, Kaguya, Eirin...)

2. This being Touhou you rarely see any of the characters fighting each other for hateful reasons, mostly for fun and competition, (At least, tha'ts how I see it anyway, you are free to point out some cases) so killing the opponent intentionally would be taking things a step too far.

3. FUN. As it would seem, Yuyuko doesn't get into many battles all that often. So why instantly kill your opponent? Wheres the fun in that? Hell Yuyuko would probably end up feeling bad for not letting the opponent even have a chance at taking her down.

These reasons make Yuyuko's death invoking ability pretty useless for someone like her. At least she can still whip out the super huge fan and moe people to death.  ;D

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2009, 02:59:26 PM »
I never said Yukari hangs out with ALL weird people.
Also, all oh herasy's points just reassure what I keep saying over and over, that Gensokyou is complete BS in terms of character design and Zun get's round that with all this Spellcard thing which is even more BS but allows him to do whatever the hell strikes him fancy and he still haves pretty much the same game in the end regardless of that
rofl bye

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2009, 03:04:29 PM »
that Gensokyou is complete BS in terms of character design and Zun get's round that with all this Spellcard thing which is even more BS
Mind pointing out the illogical concept of Gensokyou?

Herasy

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2009, 03:06:48 PM »
I never said Yukari hangs out with ALL weird people.
Also, all oh herasy's points just reassure what I keep saying over and over, that Gensokyou is complete BS in terms of character design and Zun get's round that with all this Spellcard thing which is even more BS but allows him to do whatever the hell strikes him fancy and he still haves pretty much the same game in the end regardless of that

Yet you still wuv and adore that drunken man anyway ^_____^

p.s I only said those points because of how you referred to Yuyuko's abilities as "H4X" when they really aren't all that.

Infact you seem to refer to alot of things as "H4X" perhaps expanding your vocabulary would be wise.

~oh, and kudos for spellling my name right  :)

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2009, 03:07:38 PM »
afaik, Eirin didn't consume the Hourai Elixir, nor was her crime creating it, since it canonically is used to test humans with; she's regarded as a criminal for leaving the Lunar Capital and set foot on Earth (regarded by lunarians as impure and a prison), even though it's to redeem herself of the mistake of creating the Elixir per Kaguya's request, without foreseeing that Kaguya would consume it (and thus be exiled to Earth). Eirin, though, has the lifespan of a lunarian (which, because of their "purity" and that of the Moon, don't die of age), which is supposed to be shortened when she enters Earth.

Perhaps, if humans ever have access to the respawners seen in Unreal Tournament 3 (which are stated, in the game, to have altered the way wars are fought -- and it's original usage, in some bloody sport -- since their development), Yuyuko would be among the top scorers :D
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2009, 03:10:47 PM »
If I remember correctly, Eirin did drink the elixir with Kaguya, but only Kaguya was caught. Eirin was on the team to go recover her and bring her back to the moon after her "sentence" on earth was up, but instead they killed everyone else sent to bring her back and fled (eventually) to Gensokyo.

Herasy

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2009, 03:13:44 PM »
If I remember correctly, Eirin did drink the elixir with Kaguya, but only Kaguya was caught. Eirin was on the team to go recover her and bring her back to the moon after her "sentence" on earth was up, but instead they killed everyone else sent to bring her back and fled (eventually) to Gensokyo.
Actually I'm fairly certain it is unknown about weather Eirin drank the elixir or not.

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2009, 03:23:49 PM »
(as in, Maribel sleeps and becomes the Yukari persona for half of a day, and vice-versa) could work
Maribel can't be Yukari other persona since Hakurei Border is created in AD 1884 while the current world already have cellphone and stuff, Maribel would be 100+ years old...unless Yukari make deal with some human who are interested in paranormal like Maribel and agree to switch consciousness with her.

AntKiller

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2009, 03:25:38 PM »