Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread  (Read 195208 times)

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread
« Reply #990 on: August 15, 2009, 02:37:55 PM »
EVERY SINGLE TIME IN IMPERISHABLE NIGHT, I GO INTO STAGE 4 WITH AT LEAST 6 LIVES, 5 WITH 4, THEN 6 WITH TWO.
AND THEN EVEN THOUGH IT's ONLY LIKE, 2:30 BECAUSE I NIGHTMAXED THE FIRST 3 STAGES, I CANT CONTINUE
FFFFFFFFFFFF

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #991 on: August 15, 2009, 02:57:48 PM »
LOL UFO IS TOO HARD WHY CANT I EVEN BEAT IT ON EASY WHEN IVE BEATEN ALL OTHERS ON NORMAL =(

(except SA >_>)
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #992 on: August 15, 2009, 03:10:29 PM »
It seems like bomb spam is the way to go any time you're uncomfortable with a situation.  I really like what ZUN did with the bombs in this game as far as letting you keep the extra bombs if you die and ensuring you have two at the start of each life.  The bombs do decent damage, too.  And you really don't want to die and lose 0.94 power if you can help it.  So that's my advice. 

RAGE is what happens when I blame deaths on not being able to see the enemies/bullets through the walls of point items that are falling.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #993 on: August 15, 2009, 05:51:37 PM »
There is nothing about UFO Extra that does not make me rage.

Worst stage theme in the game? Rage.
Missing my red UFO chain and therefore not getting the life I so desperately need? Rage.
Bullshit Kogasa midboss? Rage.
Getting hit by red UFOs in Nue's second card ALL THE TIME? RAAAAAGE.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #994 on: August 15, 2009, 05:53:06 PM »
Worst stage theme in the game? Rage.
To be fair, all of the stage themes in the game are very good so you don't have to go very far from Awesome to be the worst.

« Reply #995 on: August 15, 2009, 09:02:29 PM »
So I thought I might bite the bullet and try out UFO on lunatic. 

THE FIRST THREE STAGES ARE COMPLETELY UNCHANGED.  Everything's the same.  God help us.  The farthest I got (with continue spamming) was to Sailor girl's second nonspell, because it appears that I was wrong and I DO still have periodic slowdown.  It made her boss fight pretty much unplayable.  Surprisingly though, stage four (the stage portion) is way easier than stage three.  There are a few lulzy walling bits (mostly from those spiral shooting fairies), but even sight reading it wasn't that horrible, especially for a stage 4.

In short:  lol ZUN
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:04:42 PM by Azinth »

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #996 on: August 15, 2009, 09:06:36 PM »
1000th RAGE post
Ho dear... I have tried and tried...I can't pass Stage 4 on normal...and in easy...just have a look : http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9066/th008.png
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #997 on: August 15, 2009, 09:08:54 PM »
Okay, seriously.

This is before Hiziri.

And this is after Hiziri.

I'm starting to dislike this boss, and it has a lot to do with her nonspells.

« Reply #998 on: August 15, 2009, 09:46:05 PM »
Spent about two hours trying to get past UFO stage 5 lunatic before ragequitting. I'm thinking ZUN made the game too hard for real this time.

Stage 4 is a blast, although Captain's non-spells are kind of bullshit. The danmaku in general are really fun, but the ufo gimmick kinda ruins it in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:47:54 PM by Phar »