Author Topic: Anime Festival Asia (Singapore), anyone would like to share their story?  (Read 5171 times)

Anime Festival Asia (Singapore) has Touhou cosplayers,so I suppose it's relavant. The photos are already on DS, if you want them. Or I can post them here, if you want.

I went there on Day 2 of the event. Expensive, $12 for a student. But it's the first time I went to convention like this. So I can't really comment on the price.

Mostly ignored the inside of the convention when I found a couple of cosplayers playing UNL outside.
Saw Yuka, Sakuya, Rinnosuke, Suwako, Kanako, and Reimu. And "Zun". Rinnosuke was fine, except that he carried a katana. He's got a reason for it, but I can't remember. Sakuya was just...weird. Yuka was well...no comment on that one. Kanako had a onbashira/ Utsuho's third leg. (Only one)
The others were fine, I guess.

Other things:
Saw someone carrying a Reimu plushie. And a yukkuri too. Heard Day 1 had more cosplayers.
There was dancing.
Like Cirno's Perfect Math Class.
Help me, Eirin!(By Cool & Create)
Go figure.
I facepalmed a few times. (Because I'm not a huge fan of cosplay or *dancing*) And quickly disappeared into the crowd and left.

About AFA itself:

There was Bandai. Lots of it.
There was Ben 10, and Power Rangers. (Not Super Sentai, Power Rangers.)
There was K-On.
There were anime pillow covers.
Forgot the rest.

Also, it's already over. I wonder if any Motk member was there...

Yuka Cosplay = Wrathie!? *edits post*
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 01:25:56 PM by beaver1231 »
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

Re: Anime Festival Asia (Singapore), anyone would like to share their story?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 03:07:54 PM »
I wasn't there, but the New York Anime Festival (smaller) cost like $40-$50 to get in. (that's USD, btw). So, unless things are dirt cheap there, I'd say that's a pretty good price :/

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 10:14:02 AM »
isn't Wrathie supposed to be there?

link to pics please?
and especially the famed Touhou kigs that are the only people bonkers enough to travel from Japan to Taiwan to Singapore for their exposure.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 03:04:24 PM »
Wow, Singapore has got quite a few Touhou fans there ;D It's quite ironic how Malaysia's one the closest countries to Singapore yet Touhou is unheard of across the Causeway :V
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 03:30:08 PM »
I'm assuming you don't know the existence of that site.

Reposted and resized for your viewing pleasure.

Others not shown here: Yuka and Sakuya and the extra katana that Rinnosuke had.

Ask again if you want full sized pics.
isn't Wrathie supposed to be there?

link to pics please?
and especially the famed Touhou kigs that are the only people bonkers enough to travel from Japan to Taiwan to Singapore for their exposure.

Also, I immediately raged when I saw Touhou stuff on display inside the AFA. I forgot to go in. I paid for the ticket and I forgot to go in to search those Touhou posters. And pay for them. And hang them up. Parsee rage.

Wrathie!? Where?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 04:20:00 PM by beaver1231 »
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 03:50:18 PM »
I think I see a Yuka behind that Reimu cosplayer and is that a GIFT plushie she's holding? (Lol'd at the mini yukkuri there ;D).
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 02:04:47 PM »
Wow, Singapore has got quite a few Touhou fans there ;D It's quite ironic how Malaysia's one the closest countries to Singapore yet Touhou is unheard of across the Causeway :V
Isn't the problem being Malaysia being really fucking big? :V

Yeah, it's a GIFT one.

It is not even all that big, we are a relatively 1/2 size of Japan and if Japan's staple diet is Touhou, why can't we? Reason: there is everything wrong with the population here, they prefer pirated games that has high end graphics and if you even show them you are playing a shooter, it makes you lame.

Wrathie was Yuka. And you may want to correct your post bro, quotes.

and here I wonder where is he...

Sadly I don't think Bjorn was there, he hasn't talked about it in MSN...
I would imagine he was the most excited one since he asked me almost every year for the last 3 to design his doujin covers.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 02:08:23 PM »
By the way, his doujin was that music CD thing he did...NKDS has it.

On Malaysia again, I missed Taylor's College anime fest, (it was advertised on Animax woot) about the only good thing you can get from Taylors, only problem is they never advertise it to the higher ups like me... (Masters Degree Graduates) and ends up I always missed it...
boo hoo... I did saw Touhou related stuff however, because some guy show me pictures of the event itself and a few stalls had something Touhou related, a book which seems to be doujin colored pages of Reimu and Marisa making out. (kissing, not futa)