Author Topic: The Aki Sisters Appreciation Anthology  (Read 41742 times)

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
    • Primum Mobile ~ Doujin Circle
Re: The Aki Sisters Appreciation Anthology
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2009, 01:53:25 PM »
Oh my dear god that's freaking awesome! I'm a bit scared though (2k usd! Good god!). I'm assuming the Anthology is selling steadily. I've been recommending it to a lot of people.

I started doing the math a couple of weeks ago, counting all the people the result was close to that number. *heart attack*

My main frustration was that I had the bad luck of sending the mails right when the accounts and the domain were changed... Talk about Murphy's Law.

Did you have to pay custom taxes for it? I hope I won't since it's supposed to be a gift but the customs here are renowned for being godly bastards (everything EMS gets opened and checked) and Japs seem to love EMS (well, N-Forza also recommended me EMS  :V)... Fingers crossed, hoping I won't get murdered by danmaku taxes. I'll let you know the end of this story sooner or later.

Also, your friend is awesome too, pus2meong! Definitely join him to the upcoming project, I'm sure it'll be great!

RE-BORN INDISCRIMINATE INSTINCT

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2009, 03:18:48 PM »
Oh my dear god that's freaking awesome! I'm a bit scared though (2k usd! Good god!). I'm assuming the Anthology is selling steadily. I've been recommending it to a lot of people.

I started doing the math a couple of weeks ago, counting all the people the result was close to that number. *heart attack*

My main frustration was that I had the bad luck of sending the mails right when the accounts and the domain were changed... Talk about Murphy's Law.

Did you have to pay custom taxes for it? I hope I won't since it's supposed to be a gift but the customs here are renowned for being godly bastards (everything EMS gets opened and checked) and Japs seem to love EMS (well, N-Forza also recommended me EMS  :V)... Fingers crossed, hoping I won't get murdered by danmaku taxes. I'll let you know the end of this story sooner or later.

Also, your friend is awesome too, pus2meong! Definitely join him to the upcoming project, I'm sure it'll be great!

I do the same math like you, I send him message and ask him not to send the package for me using EMS. But using SAL, but it seems already late :D

The policy in my country is all shipment under 50 USD will be tax free. But it seems the custom dude let it loose up to 100 USD (some of my item from Japan and USA are not charged by any taxes, even the value almost near 100 USD. But may be I just lucky :D).
But let's just see about that, because next week I got another item from Japan with EMS worth of 70 USD :D
BTW, Nakasako declaring the book value by 4000 yen and marked as a gift too.

I will ask my friend to join the next project.
But since this one already giving Nakasako problem when arranging Aki Sisters Project, I think he going to be more selective this time (you'll know what happen if you read the book ;) )

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2009, 03:59:23 PM »
I got it today! Together with 10 extra copies, holy shit. Well, I did say I wanted extras, but that was before I knew they cost 2500 yen apiece :x
Well, I can manage, I guess. Just hope I can sell the others.
I had to pay some toll fees, but not that much, so it was ok.
The book and DVD(and keystraps) all look extremely nice and professional, so I'm happy. Just have to contact Nakasako and find some way to pay for all this extra weight.

Did he have a new mail address?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 05:10:58 PM by Ragathol »

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »
Did he have a new mail address?

Yes. Make sure you check the site before mailing, don't do as I did... The new one has "mapoze" at the end.

And now that we are at it, seems Nakasako went full guns blazing on us... I got it TODAY! Happiness ensues! I can't believe it! In this country? So fast? Power of EMS and constant protests and subway strikes. Didn't have to pay hopefully since he stated "Books (self-published)" (the 4k yen value was over the tax exception but books are the only thing protected by law against taxes... phew).

He sent four copies here (2 and 2: my bro and I).

I have to agree the book is freaking ace, same with the straps (although I don't have cellphone  :V ... umm, yeah, believe me I don't have), which are really cute and the DVD is nice so far although I think the resolution wasn't properly placed or my DVD player is a disaster. I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Although my bro almost shouted at the level of cuteness (grunt classical music pianist with a tendency to dislike everything cute) and growled when we listened and noticed the piano tune put on the disc was Version 2 recorded at our home with our El Cheapo mic instead of the studio version we recorded and sent as the Final.  :-X Which is odd because the mp3 sample actually featured the new one so I think they finished the DVD before?

I felt the sound of our Bechstein piano is amazing despite being so old but you guys have to hear the final one too. I'm uploading it to NicoNico soon and submitting it to Nakasako as well just in case. More promotions (of the good kind) wouldn't hurt.

I finally convinced my brother to at least put a small site (I had to use mine back then as he got a laziness attack) to upload pieces, start promoting his work and make it his stronghold for, umm, yup the Parsee Project and other stuff.

Pictarr time:

Cellphone thingies/DVD Strap

Back of the Strap-thingie

Epic package was epic and heavy... metal.

And suddenly Touhou goes into surreal danmaku mode

I don't know how much it costed to print this given its massive size but the coloured pages alone are expensive as hell... As an editor, my blood runs cold when I imagine the costs. In conclusion: "Only in Japan (c)".

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2009, 08:32:35 PM »

And suddenly Touhou goes into surreal danmaku mode

Wow!  I saw an image like this on the project website and I've always wondered what all these swirly light things are.  Now it's zoomed out to thumbnail view and I think I see it.  That's pretty cool.

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2009, 11:29:34 PM »
hahaha! Yes, I'm guilty of that one. And beware I'll try to prepare something just as weird if I go spreading surrealistic envy and jealousy.

By the way, after so much worry, it's time for the praising: I would like to thank Talka for translating my short story to japanese (it's on the DVD) as well as the whole commentary (also featured on the DVD).

I also read the comments of Nakasako regarding the issues this anthology went through (and I'm sure it wasn't a really nice situation...) so I'm really happy things turned well. We are amazed (more like we still can't recover our jaws from the ground) at the details on everything. My brother wants to mess with all that sound equipment he keeps posting on his site, especially the condensers, keyboards... and that awesome harpsichord. Talk about music-addict.

A huge applause for everyone.

Gpop

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2009, 11:33:34 PM »
Heavy metal? I want so bad.

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2009, 09:58:47 AM »
After observing carefully I made another mistakes >.<
Minoriko's Spell card supposed to be Owotoshi Harvester, not Otowoshi Harvester >.<
Talka putting a note regarding this matter on the translation, please forgive me. I'll be more careful next time (T_T)

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2009, 01:59:53 PM »
Wow, Nakasako doesn't even want me to pay for the ten extra books... Is that really ok? ^^;
Well, we'll see... He asked me to join the Parsee Project, and I'm always up for some of that lil' green-eyed miscreant. Should be good fun. Now to think of a story...

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2009, 05:24:44 PM »
Parsee project, eh? Hmm ...

"Th ... these people all love me!? I'm jeal-- wait."

Gpop

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2009, 09:03:49 PM »
oh god I would seriously participate if I had any ability to do anything to support this Parsee project.

Parsee definitely needs more love.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2009, 10:10:43 PM »
How I wish I could convince my YoungestSis to draw Parsee. Artworks are fine, right?

And I think this would call for a new thread if we were to talk Parsee Anthology.

"Th ... these people all love me!? I'm jeal-- wait."

Congrats on finally receiving the anthology ^_^.
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2009, 02:13:27 AM »
Ok, I still have nightmares thinking about the amount of money Nakasako paid to ship everything via EMS. Only in Japan, people.

I'm trying to convince one of my friends to join and write something because she's a good writer but... jeez, self confidence isn't one of her fortes.

I got a reply from Nakasako too. He sent me the link to the about page but explained there is no english part yet and that I'm allowed to make another surreal interpretation (YAY~!).

Standards/quality guidelines will be pretty much the same as the Aki Sisters Anthology but this time 'round the deadlines appear to be far stricter (we only have around two months and a half apparently, this goes for sale on Reitaisai, which is on March so stuff will probably be delivered on february, the shortest of the months) and seems Nakasako himself will be quite strict regarding this to avoid the issues and problems mentioned on the afterword.

... and I fear for Talka, for we'll drop him bricks of text to translate from filthy gaijin language to embellished kanji. :V

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2009, 06:18:55 AM »
Same here, Nakasako already give me his OK for me to join the next project.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2009, 06:55:42 AM »
* WRATHIE_Beatrice sighs

what irks me is that, i got in.. and no1 even told me about that and this entire project just faded away.

Need time line for the Parsee Anthology and I'll be glad to take part again.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2