Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 161409 times)

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #990 on: January 02, 2010, 07:09:45 PM »
I think if anyone can beat all of the mainstream games 1cc on Lunatic. You deserve an outrageous ego.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments V
« Reply #991 on: January 02, 2010, 07:23:15 PM »
When his ego finally gets lost in the stratosphere, I'm holding you partially responsible.

Don't worry, I'll keep it in acceptable boundaries whenever I post my list.  :V

ebarrett

« Reply #992 on: January 02, 2010, 08:02:02 PM »
PoFV lunatic Lyrica 1cc - only Youmu, Tewi and Yuka remaining.

« Reply #993 on: January 02, 2010, 08:08:18 PM »
Subterranean Animism Hard 3cc. Which is surprising since I suck at the game and barely play it. Also seemed to forget about Yukari's ability until stage 6.

First credit got to stage 5 midboss Orin, second one got to stage 6 midboss Orin, and the third one barely cleared. Not sure how I'll compare Hard Utsuho to Normal Utsuho yet.

I'm going to need lots of practice on Stage 3, 4, 5, and 6 though.

Jaimers

« Reply #994 on: January 02, 2010, 10:28:16 PM »
On a whim, I tryed to see how far I could get in IN lunatic with Sakuya solo, also known as LOL LETS TIME EVERYTHING OUT the maid.
The 1cc ended at Reimu because of AAAAAAAAH YING-YANG ORBS.
Still managed to beat it before 5.00 AM, so the game considers it a clear.

Results
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3536/th001.png

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #995 on: January 02, 2010, 10:43:19 PM »
IN with Sakuya is fucking retarded.  Not only is there the "LOL LETS TIME EVERYTHING OUT" factor, but that means Tewi won't drop a life if you time her out when you time her out, and since Sakuya can't kill shit, she has a hard time opening holes to the PoC when beefier fairies are in the way.  I had an attempt a while ago that at least made it to Kaguya (second noncard, I think), without either Tewi's or the 1100 extend.  I haven't cared enough to give it more than a couple attempts, though.  (It'd probably also help if I actually played IN once in a while.  At this point, I've probably put more time into UFO Lunatic than IN Lunatic.)

And yeah, "AAAAAAAAH YIN-YANG ORBS" doesn't help either.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

ebarrett

« Reply #996 on: January 02, 2010, 10:56:18 PM »
Meh, SA hard 1cc. Just to get it out of the way.

*sigh*

IN lunatic with Sakuya solo

You top players are starting to run out of reasonable challenges, aren't you.

« Reply #997 on: January 02, 2010, 11:10:53 PM »
Now I made it up to Blazing Wheel with one credit and almost 2cc'd. Unfortunately I messed up and died twice to the spell where you can go to a safe height and no vert.

Just need to practice up on stage 4 and Satori and/or Stage 5 and Orin.

Jaimers

« Reply #998 on: January 02, 2010, 11:13:54 PM »
I actually got the Tewi extend.  :V

I think from massive bombing though. You don't gain much anyway if you use 3 or so bombs for 1 extra life.
It doesn't help either that Sakuya's focused speed is like exactly the same as her unfocused.

« Reply #999 on: January 02, 2010, 11:28:42 PM »
You do know that the stage 4 and 5 fairies don't have collision hitboxes, right? Not so useful on stage 4, but it could save some trouble on the first 4 on stage 5. Of course, the first stage 5 one is easy enough without that, and the others can be done but it's risky and I wouldn't recommend it unless you practiced it a lot.

As demonstrated in this
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lUpkI0us50

Jaimers

« Reply #1000 on: January 02, 2010, 11:48:28 PM »
Stage 5 is still not much of an issue.
Sakuya can kill the familiars on the fairies and completely neuter them.

The stage 4 fairies though...

« Reply #1001 on: January 02, 2010, 11:56:24 PM »
1cc'ed both routes of HRtP Lunatic no-bombs. This game is so much easier to learn than the shooters. I mean, the game gives you like 15 extra lives for a no-bombs run, and 30 for a normal run, as long as you're decent at chaining the cards.

This means I 1cc'd a Lunatic before I reached 1 year of playing Touhou. It'll probably take another year for me to 1cc one of the shooters though.

I'm kinda out of challenges for this game (no way am I trying a no-deaths run) so I won't play it much unless someone tells me how to make anex86 lag less (there doesn't seem to be anything about frame rate). The lag makes the music incredibly annoying.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Re: Touhou Accomplishments V
« Reply #1002 on: January 03, 2010, 12:04:24 AM »
Don't worry, I'll keep it in acceptable boundaries whenever I post my list.  :V

Na, Donut won't have an ego... especially since he has to share Gengetu with someone who has been playing for only a few months, where as he has been playing for a few years.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #1003 on: January 03, 2010, 12:17:29 AM »
1cc'ed both routes of HRtP Lunatic no-bombs.

Forgive me if I find that a little hard to believe for you to pull off so handily.

Na, Donut won't have an ego... especially since he has to share Gengetu with someone who has been playing for only a few months, where as he has been playing for a few years.

;_;

Also, new thread needs to be made.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

« Reply #1004 on: January 03, 2010, 12:18:27 AM »
I'm kinda out of challenges for this game (no way am I trying a no-deaths run) so I won't play it much unless someone tells me how to make anex86 lag less (there doesn't seem to be anything about frame rate). The lag makes the music incredibly annoying.

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=139.0

If it's your computer specs, than I'm afraid that not much can be done.

Well, to be fair, it's been nine months now since I started.
Almost a year in now.  :V

« Reply #1005 on: January 03, 2010, 12:30:39 AM »
Forgive me if I find that a little hard to believe for you to pull off so handily.

Well, I could try to record it, but I would have to play without sound <_<
I'll try anyway, I'll see if the game doesn't look like crap at 1/3 frame skipping (thanks Jaimers)

Meanwhile, I don't know how you want me to prove this. Once you know the orb travels the exact same path everytime when you slide it's not very hard to plan a path to reach 25600 per card and gain lots of extra lives.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

« Reply #1006 on: January 03, 2010, 12:30:40 AM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=139.0

If it's your computer specs, than I'm afraid that not much can be done.

Well, to be fair, it's been nine months now since I started.
Almost a year in now.  :V

Didn't he say he's been playing for 2 years?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #1007 on: January 03, 2010, 12:52:29 AM »
I started at the end of November in 2007, so yeah.

Also fine, I'LL start the new thread.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet