Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments :V  (Read 161448 times)

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: Touhou Accomplishments V
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 09:53:32 PM »
Doin' my list~

tHRtP: Easy 1cc, both Routes
SoEW: Normal 1cc ReimuC, Extra cleared with ReimuA
PoDD: 1cc Normal with Marisa, Chiyuri, Yumemi
LLS: 1cc Normal with MarisaB
MS: 1cc Normal with Mima
EoSD: 1cc Normal with ReimuB
PCB: 1cc Normal with ReimuB and SakuyaB, Extra cleared with SakuyaB
IaMP: 1cc Normal, all chars
IN: 1cc Hard Reimu Solo (AKA Blazing Comet unlock), EX cleared with Remilia Solo
PoFV: Unlocked extra via all characters but Sikieiki and Komachi 1cc'd on Normal
StB: 72 cleared stages
MoF: 1cc Normal with MarisaB (No bug) and all Reimu shot types
SWR: 1cc Normal, all characters
SA: 1cc Normal with ReimuA
UFO: 1cc Easy with everyone, 1cc Normal and Extra Clear with SanaeB
UNL: 1cc Normal all three characters, and only Reisen is lacking a Lunatic arcade 1cc.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 11:45:50 PM »
  mauve
August 11th, 2009 | 11:32 pm

Regarding 12.3, if we do it, don?t expect it soon. There?s a possibility of a lesser mod for it, eg Weather names only, but a full translation is definitely a ways off. SWR was a ridiculous amount of work to make a translation mod for, and not just because of the dialogue. It?s been a pretty draining experience and I think a lot of us want to work on other things for awhile.

People will definitely be getting on UFO though.

Is that so~... :( It just won't feel as fulfilling if I can't understand the ending (and referring to that endings wiki cheapens the experience).
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 11:59:03 PM »
Sakura, Sakura~

No, seriously, NOTHING feels more like a crowning moment of awesome for yourself than 1ccing PCB Hard mode for the first time and then hearing that awesome song as the credits roll~ <3

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=6039

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Touhou Accomplishments :V
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 01:22:22 AM »
RUUUUROOOOOO!!!

:rage:

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 01:37:17 AM »
:rage:
Wrong thread  :V

I just survived the LLS Stage 5 Pre-Boss waves without dying.
Spoiler:
Unfortunately, the rank was lower
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2009, 01:39:45 AM »
I'm so glad rank disappeared after PCB. Many attacks it's frustrating enough just to get to them on max rank (KILLING DOLL).

And I guess if the translation team is going to take it easy on UNL I may as well go into the game and test out Meiling's cards later tonight.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2009, 03:02:29 AM »
Welp.

Video in a bit
Spoiler:
Final Phase only ofc
. Going to learn a bit more of it for the sake of using Reimu at a later date, and I will not be attempting to time this out.

EDIT: ...it's a 14 second video.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 03:04:20 AM by Baity »
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2009, 03:11:56 AM »
:O

Can't wait. Also as long as you have a savestate there just try and time it out to make sure it doesn't have a supa sexy timeout phase.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2009, 03:16:36 AM »
The reason why I said that I'm not going to time it out is because it lasts much longer than you would initially think. Around 40 seconds. And no, no super special awesome Timeout Phase :(

EDIT: Wow, that processed faster than the other video.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 03:22:26 AM by Baity »
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2009, 07:50:08 AM »

Rumor has it that people don't unconditionally love UNL; I call shenanigans. I'm all set to tackle UNL. This is going to be fun~

nintendonut888

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2009, 09:53:30 AM »
Now a proper accomplishment to go with the above post. >_>

UNL hard 1cc! This was after only three tries, and the first one to get past Patchouli (who is ironically the hardest opponent until Reimu's third spell card). I got very nervous when TEH CATFISH started whaling on me constantly and the time was wearing thin, but the power of the ultimate gatekeeper (well, besides Sara) saved the world by a margin of 13 seconds!

It's...odd. I have no idea how long it will take for me to 1cc UNL lunatic, but I have the feeling that it won't be enough to satisfy me. The three scenarios are so different (even the similar opponents Sanae and Cirno face are dealt with in completely different ways) I feel like I have to at least try them all. The hardest part will be staring at Sanae's emo face long enough to learn how to use her.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2009, 10:44:19 AM »
PCB Easy 1cc No focus ReimuA 2nd try...
Was a bit too much confident on youmu and epicly epic failed, finished 0/0...
2nd try and 2nd try doing something no-focus
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2009, 11:36:02 AM »
My list:

- SoEW Normal 1cc with ReimuC
- LLS Hard 1cc with ReimuA and Extra clear with MarisaA.
- MS Hard 1cc with ReimuA and Extra clear with Mima.
- EoSD Hard 1cc with ReimuA and Extra with all but ReimuA.
- PCB Lunatic 1cc with ReimuB and Extra/Phantasm clear with Reimu A,B and Marisa A.
- IN Lunatic 1cc and Extra clear with all teams but Netherworld + Alice Solo.
- PoFV Hard 1cc with Aya.
- MoF Lunatic 1cc with ReimuB and Extra with ReimuA and B + MarisaB.
- SA Hard 1cc with ReimuA and C and Extra with ReimuA.
- UFO Hard 1cc with SanaeB and Extra clear with all shots.

Haven't played fighters much so i've only done those on easy. Also cleared up to 7.5 in StB.

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2009, 03:44:14 PM »
So out of morbid curiosity, I tried a no-vertical run of SA Extra.

Got to Ancestors Beside Your Bed on my first try, Youkai Polygraph on my second, and Philosophy of a Hated Person on my third.

Why is this so much easier than a normal run.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 03:46:01 PM by Serafie »

Bananamatic

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2009, 03:49:29 PM »
oh well
MS/LLS extra clear
EoSD hard 1cc, extra clear
PCB hard 1cc, extra/phantasm clear
IN hard 1cc, extra clear, last LW unlocked
MoF hard 1cc, extra clear, VoWG lunatic captured
SA hard 1cc, extra clear
UFO hard 1cc, extra clear no deaths(ReimuA)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2009, 04:01:41 PM »
...That was bizzare. I tried UFO Lunatic again and did pretty terribly on the first three stages, and entered Stage 4 with two spare lives. Did very well with life collecting and went into Murasa with five spare lives, and failed that very badly and came out back to two lives in stock, again. Obviously, I was pretty confident I would game over Stage 5, but I somehow managed to not do anything really stupid for once and got to Shou with two lives in stock.

During this battle I captured Vajira of Perfect Buddhism.

Quote from: five minutes ago
WHAT

I mean... I failed Pendulum Guard, Kogasa's last two cards, all four of Ichirin's cards, and every Murasa attack besides her first spellcard... but I capture Vajira of all things? Until five minutes ago or so I was confident that was the hardest card in the entire game.

Of course, then I game over'd on Magic Butterfly. Getting to Hiziri despite the magnificent fail displayed everywhere else in the run is encouraging, though. A 1cc might not take too much longer if I can stop playing like a retard during the first four stages. :V
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2009, 09:49:08 PM »
SWR easy 1cc. :V
I still don't get the card system. Do some of these cards "upgrade" your moves? And do you get to keep it into next stages, or does it go down?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2009, 09:51:21 PM »
Do some of these cards "upgrade" your moves? And do you get to keep it into next stages, or does it go down?
Yes. And yes again, it carries over stages.
<>

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »
Quote from: Bananamatic
SWR easy 1cc. :V
I still don't get the card system. Do some of these cards "upgrade" your moves? And do you get to keep it into next stages, or does it go down?
Yep.  There are also cards for things like recovering HP, guard reversals, and even drawing more cards instantly.

There are also skillcards that completely replace attacks with new ones.

Bananamatic

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2009, 10:32:06 PM »
Yes. And yes again, it carries over stages.
Is it just me or are some of these inputs almost fingerbreaking to do without a controller? :V

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2009, 10:35:38 PM »
Is it just me or are some of these inputs almost fingerbreaking to do without a controller? :V

How about without a number pad? Or any idea what the inputs are... Or what 5C/whatever means when people say what the inputs are? ._.; *fails at the fighting games*

Bananamatic

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2009, 10:45:59 PM »
623B/C
421B/C

How. Playing on a keyboard, with directional buttons.
I've NEVER seen inputs like this in fighting games. It's usually just a quarter circle slide across the controller, but this? Come on.

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2009, 10:52:11 PM »
623B/C
421B/C

I've NEVER seen inputs like this in fighting games. It's usually just a quarter circle slide across the controller, but this? Come on.
You don't play very many fighting games then. :V

The main problem with 421s when you're starting out is the habit to input 4121.  Make sure you aren't accidentally inputting a diagonal when going from 4 (or 6) to 2.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2009, 11:15:21 PM »
Hit 4, hold down 2, hold down 4, hit B/C. Bingo! I couldn't do those moves near consistently until I tried it like that~

Anyway, I finally got my first SA Hard 1cc! Now, here is the most awesome part...

I won with 8 extra lives

what
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2009, 12:08:56 AM »
I just legitimately survived Mugetu's first Timeout Phase without dying or bombing. No, seriously.

* Baity begins working on the second Timeout Phase

Then afterwards, I get to deal with the more interesting ones.

EDIT: This should be proof enough that I survived.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 12:42:58 AM by Baity »
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2009, 12:57:32 AM »
I told you before that you must use your power of savestates to make videos of all the timeout phases (surviving or no). You know you have no choice.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2009, 01:00:16 AM »
I want to survive as many of them (read: all but the last one) without dying or bombing.

Is that not good enough for you?  ;_;
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2009, 01:01:51 AM »
Sure sure, just do it while constantly recording. :P

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2009, 02:26:49 AM »
623B/C
421B/C

Tap towards/away from the enemy. Hit down, hold it down, then hit the previous button again and hold it to create the diagonal.

Takes some practice though, I admit.

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"