Author Topic: Gensou Shoujyo Taisen: Scarlet AKA Touhou SRW  (Read 13118 times)

Re: Gensou Shoujyo Taisen: Scarlet AKA Touhou SRW
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 06:40:37 PM »
Not really, sure you'll make it to Mission 40 with the basic knowledge of the game and planning ahead a little, but there's no way you'll beat the last three stages without the in-depth knowledge about gameplay. Case-in-point: SRW OG2.
Please reread my post. That was percisely what I was saying. -.-

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 09:56:28 PM »
To give my two cent's on the translation issue, Touhou fans are much, much more active than the SRT counterparts. We should have the gameplay translated in a short amount of time. After all, we have at least 1 SRT fan here...
Oh good god damnit. Theres a lot more than just activity in a translation. Part of the reason SRT is difficult to translate is there is a lot of text, Rather similar to a certain untranslated soccer game in the touhou fandom. Except a LOT more.

While, Given, the time'll be shorter than say, @G, due to the fact it'll be a PC game, A full translation'll be a long time away. A gameplay patch wouldn't take as long, admittedly, but pfft, who'd need that? :V

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 10:11:55 PM »
SRW fans in your Touhou forum? It's more likely than you think...

Oh god I'd play this harder than the hardest metal known to man.

:V

Hell yeah Gunbuster stance Cirno!

bahahahahahaha

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 09:42:10 AM »
Please reread my post. That was percisely what I was saying. -.-

My bad. Have this delicious cake as an apology instead.

http://safebooru.donmai.us/post/show/495479/blueberry-cake-cherry-crescent-food-frosting-parod

Not trying to derail the thread. Honest.

Oh good god damnit. Theres a lot more than just activity in a translation. Part of the reason SRT is difficult to translate is there is a lot of text, Rather similar to a certain untranslated soccer game in the touhou fandom. Except a LOT more.

While, Given, the time'll be shorter than say, @G, due to the fact it'll be a PC game, A full translation'll be a long time away. A gameplay patch wouldn't take as long, admittedly, but pfft, who'd need that? :V

For my information, how is @G played? I've only played the OG games and maybe a little bit of SRT A for the PSP.

My head is just screaming now for Touhou Soccer 2 mod. The reason?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDgMg1ipW0w&feature=related
Do not deny Marisa or her Zankantou.
Actually most of TH Soccer's attacks can be thrown in as mods. Like Twilight Spark. Or Komachi's special. Or Mannosuke's manly kick.
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 11:21:19 AM »
Hey, it's not like I don't want to get the soccer game finished, but I can't get any scripts TO translate.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 05:17:51 PM »
For my information, how is @G played? I've only played the OG games and maybe a little bit of SRT A for the PSP.[/quote]

Same way, just with a Playstation controller. The Alpha series has skill points and related difficulty levels just like the OG series, so you pretty much know how the entire game works.

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2009, 09:22:50 PM »
OG is farther along, so there are a few differences, But you can play through it with the same guidelines, yeah.  :V Notably, @G doesn't have pilot points, and you can actually buy new mechs, and theres way more mechs. Everything else is mostly system picking, if I recall.