Author Topic: A list of/your favorite finished fanworks?  (Read 4149 times)

A list of/your favorite finished fanworks?
« on: November 16, 2009, 03:45:02 PM »
It's really, really heartrending for me to read any unfinished piece of fiction.  It's almost unbearable.

Plus, it seems like the setup of the fanfiction board here would ensure that unfinished stories fall out of the first few pages, as there would be no more updates to bring them back to the first page.

Given that, I was wondering if anybody could point me toward a collection of finished works--or at least some finished piece you really enjoyed. :)

(And yes, I've seen Another Dream, and will be checking out those shortly.)

Gpop

Re: A list of/your favorite finished fanworks?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 03:59:21 PM »
Ruro's ongoing Satori Eye Z which can be in Ruro's siggy aNd in the fanworks section.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 04:08:14 PM »
That one inspired this post, actually.

I read it, and it was great, and then I caught up, which sucked.

Now I'm looking for pieces for which the "caught up" part doesn't apply.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 08:12:41 PM »
Only comics count here? I could say that I really enjoy Koumajou Densetsu and Megamari, but if that's not the case...
Well, I read The Strongest Legend of Cirno, and it rocked!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 09:43:57 PM »
That one inspired this post, actually.

I read it, and it was great, and then I caught up, which sucked.

Now I'm looking for pieces for which the "caught up" part doesn't apply.

I'm sorry ;_;

That said, don't expect Satori Eye Z to finish anytime this decade. I'm dead serious. This will be the War and Peace of Touhou by the time I'm done.

Also, have this. This is my small archive of General Fiction Threads from the imageboard, containing threads 1,2, and 5 to 9.5. 3 and 4 have been lost to time, but from what I remember of them, nothing of real value was lost. If you're so inclined, you can read British Fairy's works, Iced Fairy's, Aratta (back when he was still writing Sanjūrokkasen, which is notable for being the first Mokou portrayal I've actually liked), KawashiroNitori's, Ryuu's, etc. Also, even though they don't have names, lots of Nameless Fairies have written some pretty good stuff, too.

Someday I will upload all of this to the Wiki, when I am no longer too incompetent to do so.

Oh and if I can feed my ego a bit, my Kurumi stories are pretty much self-contained tales, and though it's technically a serial, each can be read as a standalone story without sounding terrible.

EDIT: Also, read this and this.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 12:44:36 PM »
mine is mostly off this board, for archiving that is, I suppose I can link in the first post, provided you read mine.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 02:44:56 AM »
Only comics count here? I could say that I really enjoy Koumajou Densetsu and Megamari, but if that's not the case...
Well, I read The Strongest Legend of Cirno, and it rocked!

I was thinking more along the lines of literature (I'd say "fiction", but I'm not sure if fiction actually excludes stuff like comics.  So I didn't just say "literature" to be pretentious :p)  I just read The Strongest Legend of Cirno, though, and it was pretty funny.

words

Thank you!  This is exactly what I was looking for!

And if you're wondering why it took me a week to reply... well, I was busy reading :)

mine is mostly off this board, for archiving that is, I suppose I can link in the first post, provided you read mine.

Given the quality of that Shikieiki piece, I couldn't bear not to.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 02:52:11 AM »
Don't forget this.

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 02:18:47 AM »
Don't forget this.
It would be rather odd if I missed that one, I think!