Author Topic: Pokemon Gold & Silver remakes confirmed!!  (Read 38439 times)

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
Re: Pokemon Gold & Silver remakes confirmed!!
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2009, 01:58:40 PM »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4388040

And, if you haven't, you should watch it. It's entertaining and epic. Like the Mario series.
Now that's a pokemon master! Beating lv 25-30 group with lv 7-8 group.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2009, 01:45:11 PM »
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_reveals_more_information_on_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver
Ah finally! some noteworthy news!. Kyogre & Groudon can now be caught in Johto after beating the Elite 4.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 03:04:46 PM by Chainsaw Guitar »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2009, 04:36:41 PM »
I wonder how will they handwave their presence.

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2009, 06:17:24 PM »
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_reveals_more_information_on_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver
Ah finally! some noteworthy news!. Kyogre & Groudon can now be caught in Johto after beating the Elite 4.

And yet again they are version exclusive, I was planning to get Soulsilver for Luigia but now that Kyogre is in Heartgold I might rethink mine choice.

EDIT: And why is Chyntia in the presence of Arceus? more background info perhaps?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:19:41 PM by Pako »

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2009, 02:55:30 AM »
Ho-Oh & Lugia aren't version exclusive remember?. You can still get Lugia in HG.

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2009, 10:47:39 AM »
Ho-Oh & Lugia aren't version exclusive remember?. You can still get Lugia in HG.

Oh yeah, I forgot.

By the way, it is confirmed that if you have the movie event Arceus that you can catch a level 1 Palkia, Dialga or Giratina.

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2009, 10:59:56 PM »
No, you misread the article, those are just rumors.

KumaKinko

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2009, 02:39:42 AM »
New Roxy is cuter then old Crystal, IMO

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2009, 05:40:13 AM »
I've always found Crys to be a weak character design. Roxy is a big improvement. Also, I'm glad they changed Gold's look so he looks less like a fashion swap of Red. XD

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2009, 05:54:52 AM »
By Gold you mean Silver right? ;D

Also, I have this feeling that the remakes just aren't going to be as good as the originals. I...don't know why either. It doesn't matter to me since I own silver, but still. There's just something... Or maybe I'm just weird.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2009, 08:36:20 AM »

Also, I have this feeling that the remakes just aren't going to be as good as the originals. I...don't know why either. It doesn't matter to me since I own silver, but still. There's just something... Or maybe I'm just weird.

At least you aren't acting like the butthurt whiners over at bulbagarden

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2009, 11:31:51 AM »

Wat no, Silver's the rival, and Gold is the player character...

If FR/LG can outdo the originals, I don't see why HG/SS can't.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2009, 05:23:22 PM »
Wat no, Silver's the rival, and Gold is the player character...
No no no, you've got it all wrong. SILVER is the player character, and douche GOLD is the rival. :3

And I'm that weirdo who likes R/B better than FR/LG. >_>; They just have this...charm. It's hard to describe, but the simplicity makes them much more fun I think.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2009, 06:15:21 AM »
Nostalgia factor. There, I just described the "charm" for you in two words. :P

Also, pic related:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 06:17:23 AM by Chainsaw Guitar »

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2009, 08:27:56 AM »
Also, pic related:
nyanko4-4.jpg
Even if I don't like to get into arguments, and stay away from potentially heated arguments, I have to agree with this image. I meant, they took away everything that made Gold (Or Silver) different away and changed it with the typical anime stereotype-
No, even worse than that. This re-design makes the kid look even sillier than the other designs.
Also, Pokeball Holsters? FUCK. I had never seen them before.
YET ANOTHER FUCKING EDIT: New stuff!
http://pkmn.net/?action=main&page=viewnews&id=709
It includes the Kanto region being in the game, you get to pick ANY pokemon to follow you around, full using of the stylus, a new style for the pokedex and the regular Event-pokemon that unlocks a new area.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:42:34 AM by The one that cleaves evil »

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2009, 02:49:14 PM »
If these remakes are anywhere near the goodness that FR/LG was, then I'll have to look into it.

As for Pokemon being easy, well of course it is. It's meant to be a kids games. Touhoumon is infinitely harder, I can't tell you how long Brock smacked me around like I was a fly. You actually have to level your team and use strategy.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2009, 02:56:21 PM »
Touhoumon is infinitely harder, I can't tell you how long Brock smacked me around like I was a fly. You actually have to level your team and use strategy.
I recall it being hard until you beat the Saffron Gym senseless.
Sure, it was hard to get around the type changes (Reisen is pretty much the only psychic type to be found before getting to the Sevii Islands) but when that's fixed (Or overlooked in my case) it's all smooth sailing.
...Until you get to the Elite Four MK II. Then it's all GRIND GRIND GRIND.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2009, 03:13:39 PM »
Koakuma is also a Psychic type and is found in Mt. Moon, but Reisen has better stats (I think...).

I haven't even gotten to Saffron yet... I think I took a wrong turn or something, I'm at Fuschia already. It's been so long since I've played, hahaha.

At any rate, I didn't expect the difficulty I got when I started. I'm still having some issues here and there, but it's mostly not so bad anymore.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2009, 06:14:13 PM »
Here's hoping they fix everything that was wrong with Kanto in the originals with all the extra space they have.

« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2009, 06:02:58 AM »
hehehe this game should be great, I could never get into the original GSC generation for some reason. I loved RBY and all the others though.

and Chainsaw Guitar that picture is fucking golden

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2009, 06:09:53 AM »
hehehe this game should be great, I could never get into the original GSC generation for some reason. I loved RBY and all the others though.

and Chainsaw Guitar that picture is fucking golden

Ahaha, was that meant to be a pun? If it is so, then I agree that both the pun and picture is nice!
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2009, 07:03:38 AM »
Ahaha, was that meant to be a pun?
Damn it, cannot unsee.

« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2009, 07:17:15 AM »
I didn't realize it would come out as a pun. damn, I'm good.

I'm pretty bored so I might start a new game on Platinum without using my starter pokemon.
Or I could try Touhoumon, I've had it on this computer for a while.

Drake

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2009, 06:28:43 PM »
Do it. The people who work on Touhoumon know what people want. It's fine-tuned to incredible.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2009, 11:55:57 PM »
Nostalgia factor. There, I just described the "charm" for you in two words. :P

Also, pic related:
(Image)

Superior version:

I loved GSC and all, but I'm not going to forgot that Gold and Silver were released 8 years ago, and I was 10 years old at the time - everything was awesome then.

I played silver again recently and realized it felt somewhat like a rushed sequel that didn't feel much like a new region at all.

What's the first thing I see when I step out of New Bark Town? Exactly the same ones I saw when I stepped out of Pallet Town. It doesn't promote the fact that it's a completely new place with new Pokemon quite enough. This is why I enjoyed RSE and DPPt so much; they really feel like you're in a new region, with new pokemon everywhere.

While Diamond and Pearl lacked variety, it at least promoted the fact that there were new Pokemon - more so in Platinum, which also had a bigger regional dex.

I'll probably look at HGSS with a different perspective than I did with GSC. After racking up about 350 combined hours in my Pearl and Platinum saves, HGSS will seem like a huge refresher instead of a slog.

This is a huge opportunity for Gamefreak to 'fix' Johto and Kanto as they appeared in GSC.  Hopefully they'll stop masturbating over notched ear Pichu and event Pokemon activated content soon and give us some more useful information.

I didn't realize it would come out as a pun. damn, I'm good.

I'm pretty bored so I might start a new game on Platinum without using my starter pokemon.
Or I could try Touhoumon, I've had it on this computer for a while.

I decided to ditch my starter and pick up a Shinx instead when I started Platinum. It's actually pretty fun starting with something different, and I'd suggest you try it out.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2009, 07:25:44 PM »
I approve of the above message. 2nd gen will always remain the weakest of the series IMO.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2009, 07:46:37 PM »
I never played a single pokemon game before... I've never even really seen any gameplay associated with it excluding the pokemon boss in I wanna be the fangame.

I dismissed it originally because I have a rule of thumb regarding games that is generally accurate.. don't punish yourself playing a game based on a movie or tv show. I know sometimes they are good, but generally it holds true.

Anyway maybe I should give it a shot eventually.

Can anybody describe to me though what exactly kind of game it is, what are the challenges in it. What makes it different than others of its genre.. And FFS, why do they always release 2 at the same time with different colors.. I know each one has "different pokemon you can have" but why don't they just have all the pokemon in one game? Marketing scheme so you buy double the games? Is the story and bosses and all that the exact same, you just get different guys? I don't understand exactly. Why doesn't anybody complain its' nothing but a cheap trick to make you spend double.. Or why DONT people get both when they like the series.. I've also heard people say how much they love the game "and I got pokemon blue"...  I think "well why not red if you like it so much".

heelp.

« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2009, 08:04:04 PM »
I dismissed it originally because I have a rule of thumb regarding games that is generally accurate.. don't punish yourself playing a game based on a movie or tv show. I know sometimes they are good, but generally it holds true.

It's the other way round!
The games came first.

Can anybody describe to me though what exactly kind of game it is, what are the challenges in it. What makes it different than others of its genre

It's an RPG. Challenges...? Hmm. Collecting all the pokemon I guess. Beating the last boss isn't difficult, as long as you fight all the fights that you come across, and don't spread your experience around too much.

What makes it different from other RPGs is that rather than having 3-8 heroes or whatever, you have one character, who fights using pokemon. You start with one. You get more by weakening wild ones (i.e. random encounters) and throwing pokeballs at them.

What gives it its appeal is the collecting aspect, combined with the standard RPG experience system - and the visible strengthening of your pokemon (they evolve!)

The 2 game system thing is to encourage trading. There are quite a few things in the games that encourage trading (for example pokemon that only evolve after being traded), that's just another example of one.

Buying both is a bit silly, because yes, other than the pokemon you get, there is very little difference.
Advocate of Transhumanism

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2009, 09:40:52 PM »
The 2 game system thing is to encourage trading. There are quite a few things in the games that encourage trading (for example pokemon that only evolve after being traded), that's just
And specially now that we have the Wi-Fi trading system on the DS games, the usual excuse of "I'm buying both because I don't know anybody that likes Pokemon" has been rendered useless. Of course, as long as you have a Wi-Fi signal nearby, but IMO that even easier than getting a DS at all.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2009, 01:13:13 AM »
you just gotta catch'em all in one cartidge, buy them all to get the ones u can't catch'em all and then go to all freakin events for those that is freakin marketing ploy to truely catch'em all.

Pokemon~

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2