Author Topic: Warcraft 3  (Read 4060 times)

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Warcraft 3
« on: November 14, 2009, 08:35:08 PM »
So does anyone else here play this game? I used to but I mostly quit.

Re: Warcraft 3
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 10:20:56 PM »
I used to play it a bit. Its awesome, but i've never actually properly played through it. I really should sometime

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 10:27:53 PM »
For DotA and sometimes a TD.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 10:55:51 PM »
Haven't in some time.  Fun times, though I never really got into DotA, so my multiplayer options were limited.

Speaking of DotA (TOPIC HIJACK), anyone here play Demigod?  Look it up, it's pretty darn cool.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 11:09:02 PM »
Well I played it but not exactly 'this was a game I played for a while'. Did the campaign but got slaughtered mercilessly in skirmish (I couldnt find a way to reduce difficulty). But I never understood the big hype arround this game. I have tried several RTS's and I must say WC3 is one of the worst gameplay wise. You run out of resources way too soon, you must go and kill monsters as soon as possible to level your hero or you won't stand a chance. On top comes that the computer instantly micromanages all of his units and uses all of his cooldowns, while for a human like me it's rather impossible to select the units I want, use the abilities on the targets I want etc. (sure I can command some, but when my army consists of 7+ types and the selection system sucks ass and the gameplay is fast that becomes rather hard)

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 12:19:44 AM »
The only cool hero in DotA is Leoric.

Anyways I used to play DotA but when I do play I prefer other AoS style maps. Namely one titled Advent of the Zenith. It used over the top hero's with crazy skills frequently.

Also Kawaii it was much funner online in custom maps. Melee was just no.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 12:45:41 AM »
I was a big fan of Warcraft 1 and 2...Even though the difference between races in 1 was pretty much meaningless, and in 2, the balance was probably the worst in gaming history whilst still be considered a best selling game. (even in its final versions to boot). But warcraft 3 just wasn't the same for me. I liked how different each of the races were. But the whole hero system killed it imo.

Kawaii brings up a good point too. IMO undead are too strong if you can micro-turbo-manual spellcast. Way too many powerful spells on the undead side that are not autocastable. Generally a computer can wtfpwn anybody with an equal size army with a balanced army with casters and unholy frenzy researched. I'm not saying beating them in the war is impossible. Just, in an equal fight between 2 armies, that computer is wayyyyy harder as undead than anything else because of how op unholy wrath is when microd properly.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM »
I play WC3 usually for DotA, but I play ladder maps on occasion too.

But warcraft 3 just wasn't the same for me. I liked how different each of the races were. But the whole hero system killed it imo.

Kawaii brings up a good point too. IMO undead are too strong if you can micro-turbo-manual spellcast. Way too many powerful spells on the undead side that are not autocastable. Generally a computer can wtfpwn anybody with an equal size army with a balanced army with casters and unholy frenzy researched. I'm not saying beating them in the war is impossible. Just, in an equal fight between 2 armies, that computer is wayyyyy harder as undead than anything else because of how op unholy wrath is when microd properly.

Um.

SH/BM combo is quite decent, it doesn't fare as well in the metagame now but it's always been a solid hero combination to use for orcs. Humans have solid heroes too, and NE have the ever borked DH/PotM

Honestly I do not really understand why people have issues with Undead, many of the other races have their own tricks too.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 06:04:05 PM »
I played orcs. Then I found out Blademaster is the only hero that is competitively viable. Sadfaes.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 09:25:43 PM »
I play WC3 usually for DotA, but I play ladder maps on occasion too.

Um.

SH/BM combo is quite decent, it doesn't fare as well in the metagame now but it's always been a solid hero combination to use for orcs. Humans have solid heroes too, and NE have the ever borked DH/PotM

Honestly I do not really understand why people have issues with Undead, many of the other races have their own tricks too.

Kawaii was talking about computers, as was I. Computers, flat out play undead better than the other races. I'm not talking about people here >=P.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »
I played orcs. Then I found out Blademaster is the only hero that is competitively viable. Sadfaes.

Are you sure? :3

Kawaii was talking about computers, as was I. Computers, flat out play undead better than the other races. I'm not talking about people here >=P.

Point still stands

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 02:28:08 PM »
For melee standard: It is something to be studied and practiced. I first started out as a beginner but I can tell I'm playing really decent now. I don't really find the difficulty in the computer. (The computer has no direct meta strategy and just produces random units). There's many strategies which require practice to pull off if you play online.

Planning is an essential point to cover. Yes, it's quite a big amount to learn... which is why I find this quite fun.

For DotA: Can be really fun if you have 4 friends. The main public, though, is another issue.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy