Author Topic: *Help me!!! *EoSD Stage 4 Lunatic.  (Read 4856 times)

*Help me!!! *EoSD Stage 4 Lunatic.
« on: November 12, 2009, 10:06:41 PM »
This stage is draining all my lives. :'(

I'm trying to 1cc this game at Lunatic difficulty and i can't seem to handle stage 4 at all. Patchouli is really menacing and her stage is just destroying me. I know how to handle the start of the stage because of Kefits LP but i don't get the final part and the part where the fairies appear and shoot heavy bursts like they do in Stage 3 in MoF just not pathetically easy.

I saved my http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5918<replay>

If someone more experienced than i would take a look at it and help me out a bit with some advice i would be eternally grateful.

Aww... i could handle IN, PCB and MoF so easily myself... then again, they do give you nice advantages...

Bananamatic

Re: *Help me!!! *EoSD Stage 4 Lunatic.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 10:08:35 PM »
the entire stage is strea-*gets shot*

I'd try, but can't play atm :V

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 10:11:09 PM »
Stream. Wow, that was easy.

Oh, and if you're getting killed by Patchy after dying to the stage, I doubt you'd actually want to get to Patchy at Max/High Rank.

Drake

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 10:20:51 PM »
Two bombs are required for the stage, but everything else is pretty easy streaming.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 10:25:09 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4995

Watch it and plagiarize it (well, except my strategy for the books).  I don't remember if I actually perfected the rest of the stage or not, but it should give you an idea of what to do.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 10:25:53 PM »
Messed up the latter portion of the stage I see.

I recommend viewing this replay (it's a pretty very good demonstration) for the non-laser wall part, and my replay for the laser walls (works with all shot types; the other replay uses a slightly more complicated method, but you're more than welcome to try that too).

2 Bombs / Deaths are needed for Stage 4 stage portion (1 if you're partially lucky, 0 if you're especially lucky) with ReimuB.

Stop cutting ahead of me dammit.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 10:40:53 PM »
Stream. Wow, that was easy.

Oh, and if you're getting killed by Patchy after dying to the stage, I doubt you'd actually want to get to Patchy at Max/High Rank.

I just don't know how to handle everything yet. And Bury in Lake and Megalith does stuff sometimes.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 11:01:15 PM »
I haven't played EoSD much since I 1cc'd lunatic. but I do recall stage 4 was the biggest life/bomb chower in the game for me. Pretty much what people say about streaming is true. I do recall some tough areas which were always iffy for me despite this though (so don't feel like your run is ruined if you "waste" a bomb or life in these areas):
1: The books.
2: The miniboss after the books. I could do her without bombing more than half the time, but it was still not much of a loss if I had to bomb it.
3: The really stupid @%##@%ing part with the sparky-things zipping across the screen, I forget the order, something like mid-left, far left, middle, far left, far right, middle, mid right, far right, far left...I'd always always always always screw that part up BECAUSE I was still barely recoving from the part before or something, I forget.
4: the part with books shooting lasers down and fairies. It's fairly easy to do if you know it's coming and position accordingly, but for some reason I'd always forget about it and have to bomb it. GAH.

Patchy herself as a boss is also probably harder than any Touhou boss ever if you don't count on bombs. Mind you I was Marisa A who I believe has it harder than Reimu.

stage 5 was a breeze compared to 4, and I'd feel safe doing stage 6 with 3 lives left.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 11:26:56 PM »
2: The miniboss after the books. I could do her without bombing more than half the time, but it was still not much of a loss if I had to bomb it.

...Honestly, I find Koa to be pretty easy even on Lunatic myself. And I'm not even good enough to reach Patchy at ALL on Lunatic =/

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 11:52:32 PM »
...Honestly, I find Koa to be pretty easy even on Lunatic myself. And I'm not even good enough to reach Patchy at ALL on Lunatic =/

I think she's a luck-fight to be honest. Kinda like eternal meek only doesn't require so much.

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 03:55:21 AM »
Koa is fairly easy on any difficulty IMO.  I can do her consistently on Lunatic despite not being able to 1cc Hard :P

Now the books before her...  Lol.  Autobomb!

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 09:05:14 AM »
I think i will need to practice Stage 4 a lot more. Plan it out and stuff. And i better practice Stage 5 and 6 some more too...