Author Topic: [Contest] The Roar of the Soul!  (Read 1989 times)

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
[Contest] The Roar of the Soul!
« on: February 28, 2013, 12:47:46 PM »
I am no writer or artist, but many people here apparently are, and there's something which deserves to be made, but has not been.

My challenge: bring to life the spine-splattering music of Choujuu Gigaku. Both lyrics and compositions (i.e. punk remixes of Mystia and Kyouko's themes) are accepted; this isn't on the art board because the first seem more likely.

Such songs must embody the explosive strife and hardship of such situations as LAMPREYS AREN'T SELLING WELL TODAY, and MONK TRAINING IS KIND OF DULL. Parodies of existing songs are okay, as long as they're clearly labelled as such. If you actually record yourself singing the song, then you are my hero. If you record a video of yourself and a friend singing the song and playing guitar while cosplaying Mystia and Kyouko then... geez, how much free time do you have? :V

The ROAR OF THE SOUL knows no limits, but a time limit of March 11th will be set for the sake of judging; another round could be held if there's sufficient material left over. Now is anyone hardcore enough to apply as a judge?*

"Gimme a Yahoo, Yahoo!"
"YAHOO, YAHOO!"

*Voting for yourself is not hardcore.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
Re: [Contest] The Roar of the Soul!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 01:51:51 AM »
...Well, for what it's worth I kind of like the idea, and not just because Choujuu Gigaku are the best thing to happen to Touhou in the past few years.  Kinda reminds me of the old (bi)weekly writing challenges we used to have.  Would be fun if those made a comeback, ahah~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"