Author Topic: Challenge Thread  (Read 33489 times)

Drake

Re: Challenge Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2009, 08:10:56 PM »
Well fuck me. That was difficult. I figured out how you can work around it. Awesome.

Never make me do that again.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2009, 08:14:15 PM »
Oh wow.  Awesome.  I guess I'm not such an idiot after all...

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2009, 08:35:22 PM »
I tried doing SA stage five Lunatic pacifist a bunch.

Orin's not that bad, really.

Unfortunately the stage is impossible bullshit when you are playing pacifist. The best I have done is getting to endstage Orin with three extra lives, and this required surviving the popcorn after midboss Orin with one death without killing any of the ghosts. This isn't something I can do on a regular basis.

I was kind of hoping that this would be able to hold my interest for a bit (I'm starting to burn out again), but alas it is too impossible :<

Drake

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2009, 08:52:34 PM »
asdf

The only way I clear Lunatic Red Eyes is with horizontal, so why not? ...But with Border Team, and at the bottom of the screen. Sakuya's shot + Sakuya's hitbox + Sakuya's speed + 1/5th way up = ew why

I used a counting system for it. First two waves you dodge, then you don't pay attention to the third at all. Instead, you try to find openings for the next wave. The third passes you entirely. The major problem was that Sakuya's retarded focused speed made it near-impossible to judge things correctly even with ninja taps. This was just pure bullshit luck, especially on one spectacular dodge where I magically move like five pixels.

EDIT: also asdf

Although this is less of a challenge than me just flailing around, hoping to not get hit. Lucky lucky.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:06:09 PM by Drake »

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2009, 09:46:30 PM »
asdf

The only way I clear Lunatic Red Eyes is with horizontal, so why not? ...But with Border Team, and at the bottom of the screen. Sakuya's shot + Sakuya's hitbox + Sakuya's speed + 1/5th way up = ew why

I used a counting system for it. First two waves you dodge, then you don't pay attention to the third at all. Instead, you try to find openings for the next wave. The third passes you entirely. The major problem was that Sakuya's retarded focused speed made it near-impossible to judge things correctly even with ninja taps. This was just pure bullshit luck, especially on one spectacular dodge where I magically move like five pixels.

Wow, very nice with that Lunatic Red Eyes cap.  I actually meant that you could do it at the bottom of the screen, but your method is much more impressive, so just forget I said anything...

And since no one seemed to want to do it, I managed to achieve my own challenge no. 3, as can be seen here. (I know it says it's a normal run, but it's not. I are stupid)

PCB stage 3 lunatic with no focus, bombs, or intentional border breaks.  As for the unintentional ones, there's not much I could do there.  I had two lives at the end.  Alice is a fucking nightmare without focus, but I had 9+ lives to burn for her, so the challenge actually wasn't really all that bad.  I also managed to get past the stage portions without focusing, which I'm pretty proud of.  Alice though... she was a different story.  Just ignore that second death to Hanged Hourai dolls, my keyboard crapped out on me. >.>
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:17:13 PM by Azinth »

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2009, 11:59:04 PM »
I tend to think that micrododging is one of my strengths when it comes to these games. Anybody got any challenges with that?

Heartbeam

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2009, 12:29:53 AM »
First spell that comes to mind is timing out Maze of Love without circling Flandre.  You may also want to try timing out IN Reimu's third spell with Remilia or Sakuya from this position:

Doesn't appear to be the replay you wanted to link.
Also, Gom Season 3 is pretty awesome thus far, no?

Nope, I'm certain that is the replay I wanted to link.  And yes, absolutely.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 12:45:45 PM by Heartbeam »

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2009, 01:46:45 AM »
And since no one seemed to want to do it, I managed to achieve my own challenge no. 3, as can be seen here. (I know it says it's a normal run, but it's not. I are stupid)

PCB stage 3 lunatic with no focus, bombs, or intentional border breaks.  As for the unintentional ones, there's not much I could do there.  I had two lives at the end.  Alice is a fucking nightmare without focus, but I had 9+ lives to burn for her, so the challenge actually wasn't really all that bad.  I also managed to get past the stage portions without focusing, which I'm pretty proud of.  Alice though... she was a different story.  Just ignore that second death to Hanged Hourai dolls, my keyboard crapped out on me. >.>
Decided to give it a try and got it on my second attempt. Replay is here. Highlights are capping both Alice's midboss noncard and Chalk-White Russian Dolls No-Focus, and what would have likely been a Hanged Hourai Dolls capture if I wasn't forced to time it out.

Regarding more lulzy aspects of this challenge, Spring Kyoto Dolls becomes hell no-focus. So I'll take your challenge and raise you a new one: a no-focus capture of Spring Kyoto Dolls. Any character is fine.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2009, 02:00:52 AM »
Nope, I'm certain that is the replay I wanted to link.  And yes, absolutely.

Oh, yeah, so it is. My bad. Guess I just assumed that it was in Lunatic x_x
Advocate of Transhumanism

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2009, 02:21:04 AM »
Regarding more lulzy aspects of this challenge, Spring Kyoto Dolls becomes hell no-focus. So I'll take your challenge and raise you a new one: a no-focus capture of Spring Kyoto Dolls. Any character is fine.

Wow, got it on my first try.  What the hell.

I had this card micromemorized from playing the stage so damn much, so I already knew the basic path to take.  Nevertheless, this required a good bit of hitbox luck.  Several moments had me standing still, terrified, while bullets just whizzed past me.  Oh, and I did pretty horrible on the rest of the stage.  The only highlights were capturing Orleans from a pure luck-hax dodge and failing Hourai Dolls at the very last second.

I think it's time we took this no focus thing to a new level.  Wonderous Concerto Grosso no focus capture, GO. :V

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2009, 02:57:57 AM »
no focus lunatic clear of MoF and SA!

They feel like the most no focus unfriendly games out there so far

Heartbeam

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2009, 03:00:48 AM »
Wow, got it on my first try.  What the hell.
I think it's time we took this no focus thing to a new level.  Wonderous Concerto Grosso no focus capture, GO. :V

Third attempt, just wait for a fortunate moment.  Meaning, no 'what the hell' dodging feats.  There was a really nice one on Lunasa's first noncard on the first attempt, wish I saved it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 03:02:59 AM by Heartbeam »

Drake

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2009, 05:55:43 AM »

could you actually try to think up something instead

I want to time out Maze of Love, but I don't want to have to go through the Stage every tiiiiime.

Quote from: Heartbeam
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7712/challenge.png
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3283
Ugh. Don't even think about timing it out, nevertheless with SDM team.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 06:07:26 AM by Drake »

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2009, 06:41:12 AM »

MoF and SA are actually very friendly for no focus if you bomb cheese them. I'd say that PCB Lunatic is the most unfriendly for no focus, but I have very little experience with anyone other than MarisaA in PCB.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2009, 01:16:26 PM »
MoF and SA are actually very friendly for no focus if you bomb cheese them. I'd say that PCB Lunatic is the most unfriendly for no focus, but I have very little experience with anyone other than MarisaA in PCB.

I think Marisa is definitely the character you want to use for that though. Despite her move speed making dodge harder she is the only who may not require you to time out every single bloody spell in the entire game
rofl bye

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2009, 01:39:21 PM »
I think Marisa is definitely the character you want to use for that though. Despite her move speed making dodge harder she is the only who may not require you to time out every single bloody spell in the entire game

having experience with sakuyaB lunatic mostly thats so true.
most of the times the damage is not enough u have to focus for more

Heartbeam

« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2009, 02:16:54 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3283

Oh, you did Normal!  I was planning to suggest that to you.  Easy should remain doable for the practitioners of fine movement.

Drake

« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2009, 04:16:06 PM »
Not so much of a challenge as me deciding to have awesome looking stuff.

1st Day's Moon to 3 o' Clock, plus Dawn.

This was fun. Well, 1st Day's Moon wasn't.

« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2009, 04:56:25 PM »
Out of curiosity, has GODrake ever done a replay of Galaxy in a Pot being dodged outside the familiars? That card is just begging to be TAS'd.

Drake

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2009, 07:52:58 PM »
Jesus this was difficult. No way in hell I'm taking more than one of those waves.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3294

JormundElver

• Baron Von Parakeet
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2009, 12:43:14 AM »
Someone time out Youmu's LW.  I tried this a while ago when I tried to time out all the IN LW and I couldn't get very far into it before it would somehow overwhelm me... just mostly curious if I'm the only one with issues on it.

Yeah I can't seem to get through this thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ejc0Pbmf0k
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:40:55 AM by JormundElver »

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2009, 12:48:45 AM »
Jesus this was difficult. No way in hell I'm taking more than one of those waves.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3294

............................I refuse to believe in you sir. For the sake of whatever's left that counts as my sanity.
rofl bye

Drake

« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2009, 04:02:34 AM »
............................I refuse to believe in you sir. For the sake of whatever's left that counts as my sanity.
what is that even supposed to mean

Youmu's LW
Looks fun, but I don't have it unlocked.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2009, 06:46:57 AM »
That was too much for my mind. I'm calling h4x for the sole sake of my rational integrity.
rofl bye

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2009, 01:27:49 PM »
That was too much for my mind. I'm calling h4x for the sole sake of my rational integrity.

See the little hammer and spanner symbol? o_o
Advocate of Transhumanism

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2009, 07:56:44 PM »
See the little hammer and spanner symbol? o_o

No. I was too sleepy to bother with such details at the time. Still, it's something I dread watching again. The thought sends shivers down my spine
rofl bye

« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2009, 10:50:02 PM »
I tried playing touhou with one hand only. Not exactly sure why, but it could be useful if I ever break my arm or something.

I went with IN FinalB Easy to test it out, and captured 2 spellcards I think (with one hand I can choose between moving and shooting).

I also captured 3 of Kaguya's last spells, missing the 2nd and 4th, but I always fail against them so whatever.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2009, 11:24:35 PM »
Mm, revival.

Got new challenge

Utsuho's Fixed Star on lunatic without **abusing** the spot in between the two suns (the safespot) (can't stay in the spot for more than a second)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 04:19:58 AM by Darkblizer »

Drake

« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2009, 11:50:11 PM »
Or how about you can't move through the center? You're pretty much always going to hit the safespot anyways.

+++++

So, I just unlocked Scarlet Destiny.

I HAVE AN IDEA LET'S TIME IT OUT WITHOUT USING THE CENTER LOL

This is goin' on Youtube.

And it has.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVhLyM177ww&fmt=22
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:22:25 AM by Drake »