Author Topic: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4  (Read 129116 times)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Re: Touhou ParseeRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE Thread Part 4
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2009, 06:45:20 PM »
Over 450 attempts in. This is now by a fair way the most attempts anything has taken me. :V
Let's fight.

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2009, 07:12:10 PM »
I can 1cc Imperishable Night Hard, and I can almost 1cc EoSD and MoF Hard. If it weren't for Keine and to a lesser bit Mystia, I could probably 1cc IN Lunatic.

Why can I not 1cc UFO Normal regardless of if I chain UFOs for lives or if I chain them for bombs? I want to fight Nue already. And I get less far with the bombs than I do the lives even though they're better overall.

TL777 ✌

• Fuwa fuwa desu~~~
  • Do you know what time it is?
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2009, 07:27:34 PM »
The Ex-Stage Midbosses ALWAYS! ALWAYS! ALWAYS! seem to give me more trouble than Ex-Stage Bosses for some reason... .:-

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2009, 08:17:05 PM »
0 SECONDS REMAINING FFFFFFFFFF
Let's fight.

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2009, 08:30:33 PM »
So, I'm rather sick of raging my ass off at UFO Extra. I only have SanaeA unlocked because I've barely touched UFO in the past few weeks. What shottype would you guys suggest I try to unlock Extra with? :V

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2009, 08:35:21 PM »
So, I'm rather sick of raging my ass off at UFO Extra. I only have SanaeA unlocked because I've barely touched UFO in the past few weeks. What shottype would you guys suggest I try to unlock Extra with? :V
Depends what's giving you trouble.  Either SanaeB or ReimuA.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2009, 09:12:41 PM »
MarisA would be good too, wouldn't she?  Piercing looks like it'd be useful for the stage and the UFO cards.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2009, 09:18:55 PM »
There is almost no difference between my performance on IN Normal and IN Hard.

...what.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

NeoSere

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2009, 09:21:23 PM »
MarisA would be good too, wouldn't she?  Piercing looks like it'd be useful for the stage and the UFO cards.
MarisaA is probably better then ReimuA due to helping a decent bit with UFO cards and having nearly identical damage.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2009, 09:40:21 PM »
Nearly pulled of a UFO Lunatic 1cc with No Bombs.

I also tried a MoF Lunatic 1cc with No Bombs, ended up dying 6 times on Stage 3, essentially indicating me that I should probably "Alt-QQ".

I'm probably better off doing SA Lunatic with No Bombs, or maybe even LLS / MS. Wait, I already did LLS and never announced it  :V

Welp. Go figure that I fail because of only "cumulative error".
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2009, 09:53:31 PM »
I just suck at the stage in general because 90% of it seems to be LOLRANDOM. My best performance was reaching Nue with one spare life and two bombs. I've never actually made it past her second spellcard (Red UFOs, I think?).

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2009, 11:30:20 PM »
Worst.
Touhou Day.
Ever.

Clipdeath. clipdeath. clipdeath. clipdeath.

Average life expectancy on Radiant Treasure Gun H is 4 seconds.

Yuugi's Javelins kill me OVER and OVER.
Satori does that with practically EVERY attack.

URGH.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2009, 12:11:15 AM »
Average life expectancy on Radiant Treasure Gun H is 4 seconds.

Better than I do.  I'm always like "YEAAAAAAH SHOTGUN"

*dies*

"oh yeah there's curvy lasers"

Bananamatic

« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2009, 12:14:57 AM »
RTG strategy:
*press X*
*Powerthirst scream*

Toasty

« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2009, 12:16:08 AM »
I beat patchouli's last spell and then failed epicly on the next stage.
>:|

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2009, 12:17:31 AM »
RTG strategy:
*press X*
*Powerthirst scream*

Sounds very similar to my Vajra strategy.

Bananamatic

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2009, 12:19:56 AM »
Sounds very similar to my Vajra strategy.
Vajra H isn't bad, but I never reach it with more than 2 power.
Captured it once with 1 power, but with lower power you need to stop under her for a bit so you risk getting hit by the laser or a bullet when you are trying to get away unfocused.

Lunatic on the other hand.... :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2009, 12:24:23 AM »
Lunatic on the other hand.... :V
Lunatic has that extra ring of bullets which apparently is the equivalent to of a "kick in the balls" for most people. Just saying  :V
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:30:20 AM by Baity »
<>

Bananamatic

« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2009, 12:28:30 AM »
Lunatic has that extra ring of bullets which apparently is the equivalent to a "kick in the balls" for most people. Just saying  :V
Reached it only 3 times, I wasn't able to beat st5.

Mainly thanks to Aura of Justice. Seriously, it's piss easy on Hard, but the gigantic walls it throws on Lunatic makes it an auto bomb.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2009, 12:31:43 AM »
Lunatic has that extra ring of bullets which apparently is the equivalent to a "kick in the balls" for most people. Just saying  :V
Myself included. 1/55 capture rate, woo!

I'm thinking a lot of time in Stage Practice is in order before UFO Lunatic is getting anywhere. My last attempt ended at Ichirin's final card. :V
Let's fight.

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2009, 03:12:27 AM »
Made it to Remi with one spare life and one bomb. I had doubts that I'd make it far until I almost capture Scarlet Meister (Hard, of course.) on my first try.

I start Scarlet Gensokyo with only one bomb left. First wave comes out and I get pushed to the left side of the screen while Remi goes to the right. I'm just about to make it to the middle when I notice a certain purple bubble bullet spiraling in my direction. I stop for a second to let it pass. Next thing I know, I'm yelling at the continue screen, apparently killed by the same purple bullet. I check the replay and see that I MIGHT have misjudged the size of said bubble bullet by > two pixels.

Come on Remi, couldn't you have cut me some slack? I had to get through both you AND midboss Sakuya with just one extra life. The least you could have done is excuse that one minor mistake.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 03:14:53 AM by Scooter1000 »

« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2009, 03:21:36 AM »
Just lost a Reimu B LLS Hard 1cc attempt to stage 5 Yuka.

The main reason, I lost 3 lives to the stage 3 boss. Not due to suckage but the game glitched making stuff hard/impossible to see.

At least this still gives me some confidence I can do it.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2009, 03:23:28 AM »
That happens sometimes. : It's much worse when it happens on Mugetu.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2009, 03:53:23 AM »
I wish I could have more consistency in my Touhou playings...  All I do is die, die, die every.  Single.  Day.  Then I finally come upon a good day where the 1cc suddenly becomes cake.  UGH.

Oh yeah, and I just failed a 1cc of MoF normal with ReimuA.  Where did I die the most?  The stages, with one death on Sanae by accident and two on Kanako.  Like seriously wat.  I thought ReimuA was supposed to make the stages easier.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2009, 04:05:54 AM »
I just 1cc IN Lunatic blind running as the Border Team.

0/0'd it, somehow clipped the start of "Hourai Jewel" (still made stupid mistakes within it but eh), captured just about every single (other?) difficult Spell Card while somehow, somehow failed just about every easy one. I guess some of the failures occured because I was trying to supergraze  :V

Didn't save replay because it was just a random run. For those of you who are wondering, I died twice on Reisen in an attempt to score.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:07:37 AM by Baity »
<>

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2009, 06:27:15 AM »
So I finally captured Wriggle's last spell with the magic team, and then proceed to magnificently fail the next two stages -- one capture (if that) on Mystia, and then game over on Keine's midboss card. Yeesh.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2009, 06:41:12 AM »
Made it to Remi with one spare life and one bomb. I had doubts that I'd make it far until I almost capture Scarlet Meister (Hard, of course.) on my first try.

I start Scarlet Gensokyo with only one bomb left. First wave comes out and I get pushed to the left side of the screen while Remi goes to the right. I'm just about to make it to the middle when I notice a certain purple bubble bullet spiraling in my direction. I stop for a second to let it pass. Next thing I know, I'm yelling at the continue screen, apparently killed by the same purple bullet. I check the replay and see that I MIGHT have misjudged the size of said bubble bullet by > two pixels.

Come on Remi, couldn't you have cut me some slack? I had to get through both you AND midboss Sakuya with just one extra life. The least you could have done is excuse that one minor mistake.
This only i died on the normal attack BEFORE Scarlet Meister on Hard. I was so fumed. With just one life and 3 bombs still i got that far on hard and DEAD.
I love my mistress but i sometimes hate fighting her -_-
Well to be fair i see that i die on Patchy's spells since they change depending on which option you play and and Sakuya's last 2 spells are randomly thrown knives that always manage to steal a murder from me or 2 -_-
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

ebarrett

« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2009, 07:04:55 AM »
After about two weeks without playing Touhou, I decided to get back on track by imitating who knows what because everyone is imitating everybody these days, and tried a no-focus, no-vertical, always-shooting capture of Rising World lunatic with solo Youmu.

150 attempts and 3 failures at "00" later, I think I'll go back to doing something else for another few weeks.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2009, 07:24:27 AM »
Arrggghhhh. Died 1/3 in to Hourai Doll on IN Extra. But definitely making some progress.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2009, 08:16:30 AM »
Ugh, my "twitch" skills are the equivalent of a 3-month player as of right now. Failed a UFO Hard 1cc without bombing (was originally aiming for the 8/8 clear). I'm able to parse the patterns as I would normally, but my movements were just... bad.

Failed another one. This time I blame:

• "the usual"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:04:32 AM by Baity »
<>