Author Topic: Remi on the internet  (Read 4975 times)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
Remi on the internet
« on: November 09, 2009, 01:50:11 AM »
This was a short story I wrote up to go along with an inactivity e-mail for members of a site I run, trying to get them to come back. For some reason I decided to do a short story involving Remilia and the SDM that ended with Remilia going into the internet thanks to Yukari XD It's not that much, but...

In the land of Gensoyko, it was as peaceful as usual. It was always rather chaotic, but thanks to the spell card rules, no one ever really died, unless some youkai got hungry and attacked a human. In general though, it was rather peaceful...

In the center of the Misty Lake, there was an island, where the Scarlet Devil Mansion was located. This building was so named because, for one, it was obviously a mansion, and for two, it was ruled over by a vampire. She was a very messy eater, and had earned this nickname from the fact that her clothes would quite often by stained crimson by the blood she spilled... Though she also was a rather light eater, and never killed her victims.

This mansion was actually surrounded by a wall, which had a single gate leading into the grounds, guarded by a woman named Hong Meiling, who was also known as China... A nickname she never really cared for. Really, her job was rather pointless. Nearly everyone in Gensokyo was capable of flight, which meant that the wall was also pointless as well. Not to mention that she wasn't very good at her job in the first place...

Right now, in the library of this mansion, its mistress, the bat-winged vampire Remilia Scarlet, was sitting at a table, drinking tea. It's unsure how exactly a vampire was able to drink and enjoy tea, though supposedly some explanation had been offered was that tea was much like the blood of plants... Either way, the librarian of this place, Patchouli Knowledge, was not especially happy about Remi bringing her tea in here, afraid that she'd ruin the book that she was about to be shown.

"Relax Patchy," Remilia said casually, "I won't spill it. Now, let me see this new book you got. It's about the world outside Gensokyo, yes?" Patchouli nodded, "Yes, Yukari brought it in just a little while ago. She didn't give any explanation for why... Knowing her, something's probably a little weird with it..."

Remilia chuckled, "Oh, don't worry so much Patchy. I'm sure it's fine~ Fate says that nothing bad is going to happen~" Remilia did indeed know this, due to her ability to read and control fate. Patchouli looked unsure, but she shrugged, "I suppose..." She then looked over at a red haired woman who also had bat wings, but wasn't a vampire, and said, "Koakuma, would you mind fetching the book please?" The woman nodded, and sped off through the library, to remove the book from where it had been sealed, under lock and key...

Patchouli had really been highly suspicious of Yukari's intentions, and had actually been planning on looking thoroughly for enchantments of any sort before actually letting it be opened. After all, the one who had given it to her was known as a troublemaker, and though her tricks were usually relatively harmless, they were sometimes such an inconvenience that Patchouli had decided that it was better safe than sorry. However, Remilia had insisted on reading the book right away, rather interested in the outside world...

As Remilia waited for the book to come, she finished off her tea. Nearly as soon as she'd thought about asking a maid for more, she realized that the teapot in front of her had been refilled. "Ah, Inu~" Remilia said, "Always so thoughtful~" Inu was the nickname that Remilia had given to her time-stopping, knife-obsessed maid Sakuya... No one was quite sure where it had come from, or why it had stuck, but there were rumors of a set of fake wolf ears and tail hidden somewhere in the mansion...

A few minutes later, Koakuma returned, book in hand "Here you go." she said. "Thank you Koa~" Remilia responded, as she took it. In reality, no one knew Koakuma's real name... She'd never actually given it, and people had decided to name her that, since it meant, "Little Devil."

Before the vampire could open the book, she heard another voice, "Onee-sama, whatcha doin'?" Remilia looked, and saw her younger sister Flandre standing there, with a curious look on her face. "Oh, hello Flan," Remilia said, "I was just about to read a book. I'm sure that would be a bit boring for you, right?"

Flandre made a face, "Books? Blech, they're boring. They don't do anything! Well, bye~ I'm gonna go pay Mari a visit~" Remilia had difficulty holding back a chuckle. Her younger sister had recently become rather fond of Marisa Kirisame, a witch who had started visiting the mansion a long time ago. Remilia was actually quite happy for her younger sister, at least she had something to make her happy now.

In truth, Flandre had kept herself locked inside the mansion, and had her food brought to her, for most of her life, at her older sister's urging. The reason for this was because of her power... She was actually able to destroy literally anything within her sight if she wanted to. Not only that, even without using that, she was so physically strong that she was quite capable of breaking her toys, and other people's bones, with a single friendly action.

An unfortunate side effect of Flandre's remaining locked up however, is that she knew next to nothing about the world. In essence, she really was a child, but she was quite a bit closer to a four year-old than her appearance of a ten year old. Despite her actual age being about 500 years by now...

Due to the fact that Flandre cared almost nothing for anything except her own whims, combined with her incredible naivete, she actually came across as insane to some people. Of course, this was because it was rather easy to put her into a temper tantrum, which invariably had disastrous results...

However, Flandre did seem to be becoming slightly more mature now that she'd taken a liking to Marisa. Emphasis on slightly. She was still childish enough that her fixation on a friend might well border on obsession, and indeed, Remilia knew for a fact that Marisa felt like she was being stalked by Flandre... Though that wasn't too big a deal in Remilia's mind.

Remilia finally opened up the book, in order to see what was inside... As soon as she did so, she found herself somewhere completely alien to her. "Huh," she noted, "It would seem that Yukari did indeed do something to that book. Whether she hid fate, or this actually isn't anything bad, remains to be seen..."

The world around her seemed to be nothing but green ones and zeroes scrolling down through blackness... However, slowly, she began to see things differently. She saw text, and pictures, barely connected, but there. Then, they formed together... Slowly, Remilia realized what this was. "Am I... Inside the internet?" She'd heard of this mysterious thing known as the internet from Sanae, but since Gensokyo didn't have any, she knew absolutely nothing of it.

Remilia slowly wandered through this place, amusing herself with various things... In truth, many people would know her as a troll... If she hadn't been EXCEPTIONALLY good at it. Mostly, she liked to observe conflicts, sometimes adding a comment that would inflame a conversation even more, though would leave her blameless. She enjoyed it...

However, eventually, Remilia stumbled upon an... Interesting site. It was a roleplay site, known as Spirit of Symphonia. In reality... It looked like it might be quite interesting, even if she didn't troll anyone. However, there were only two people active on it, who happened to be the administrators... She then realized, one of them was a person she actually let play her on another roleplay site... For in truth, she couldn't do more than affect fate to help someone guide the keys for her.

And then, Remilia decided to do this person a favor... This person known as Drake... She manipulated fate, and gave him the thought to write this e-mail, and this story. So that the site might come back to life once again...

Yeah, that's it. Not that great, but eh...

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Re: Remi on the internet
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 03:29:55 PM »
Always good to let the creative juices flow, but, you've spent more time explaining many of the characters and basically being a copy of the Touhou Wiki than getting on with the story. It was rather cute, though.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 06:33:18 PM »
Yeah... I wanted to explain a bit about each of the characters in the SDM to the members of a site that wasn't based on Touhou. It wasn't meant to be all that much, just a cute little thing to hopefully help pull the members back to the site, and I figured putting a bit of information about each of the characters while also adding just a little extra stuff in fit best in this case. I just decided to post it here too because I figured there wasn't much reason not to.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 10:35:59 PM »
Riiiiight, I forgot you had written this for another site. My bad.

Very interesting way to introduce both Touhou and the forum you were on together in one fell-swoop.