Author Topic: Placeholder graphics?  (Read 3708 times)

Aku

Placeholder graphics?
« on: November 08, 2009, 12:12:57 AM »
I'm working on building a game engine for a touhou-inspired game (read: touhou-ripoff with some gameplay mechanic changes) in part for practice and in part for the fun of it.

Now, I obviously intend to make all the resources myself (though I imagine I may outsource the making of backgrounds to someone I know) but in the early stages of just building the game engine... Having placeholders would be good.

I went through all the topics in this section and couldn't find any good stuff (though I could easily have missed something. It's pretty late at night over here.)

Does anyone know of any good resources to use? Or perhaps if someone has ripped graphics from any of the actual Touhou games?

Again, I don't intend to even SHOW this game using whatever graphics you could help point me at. It'll just make building it a little easier.
I could have a Zero (of Mega Man fame) sprite flying above a segment of a map from the same game series shooting miniature versions of the default XNA game icon... But I find that idea to be... Pretty stupid xD

Aku

Re: Placeholder graphics?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 12:24:06 AM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=197.0
Ooooooooh.

Thank you :D
*didn't think of looking outside of this section <.<;;*