Author Topic: Utsuho normal  (Read 15928 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Utsuho normal
« on: May 10, 2009, 03:00:15 AM »
Is there any patten to her 2nd noncard and all of her spellcard? They constantly screw me up. It's irritating to enter her level with 6 lives and not win.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Drake

Re: Utsuho normal
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 06:29:21 AM »
1st noncard: Supergraze.
1st card: Start at roughly 1/4 way across the screen, it should give you enough room to dodge in the middle. Then move to the right, then back. Left, etcetc.
2nd noncard: She moves right, left, right, then fires streamable bubbles. Just stay between the gaps in the bullet lines. When she goes back to the center, shoot her as long as you can before moving out of the way.
2nd card: Freeform dodging. Try not to get trapped and plan ahead.
3rd noncard: Also supergraze, but it's a static pattern. It just depends on where she moves to.
3rd card: There's a safespot between the two giant sun waves, just squeeze into there and dodge horizontally the entire card.
4th noncard: This is much easier than the first because you can follow her a lot easier. They're faster bullets, but they're less dense than the 2nd, and they're easy to fit through.
4th card: Pretty much asdf try not to die.
5th card: About as tough as it looks. Position yourself so you'll pass through the smaller bullets, then get sucked in through. Well, not exactly. It'd be better to watch a replay to understand this.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 10:44:22 AM »
Nuclear Fusion is being my doom whenever I actually get to Utsuho. I also have been failing quite hard at getting the Fixed Star safespot (with fatal consequences u.u)
rofl bye

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:51:58 AM »
Well, the second non-spell is quite easy but there is still a fair chance that you will be hit by Utsuho's bullets if you read them wrong. I would suggest that you use a bomb if you feel in danger. Personally, while i sometimes mess up at it, i never fail if i use a bomb. You should consider trying that.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 12:25:18 PM »
4th card: Pretty much asdf try not to die.

In Normal I find it much easier to dodge this card from the middle of the screen, because there all the bullets are travelling vertically. (this is not the case in Hard and I assume Lunatic, though)
Advocate of Transhumanism

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 05:28:29 PM »
Nuclear Fusion is being my doom whenever I actually get to Utsuho. I also have been failing quite hard at getting the Fixed Star safespot (with fatal consequences u.u)
It's around where the big balls touch. Pay attention to it and watch some replays, and you'll be able to find it easily.
Unless you want to try the manly way, dodging everything.
I haven't done so yet.

Drake

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
It's actually a fairly big safespot, enough to tap up and down once and not die. Dodge like you should until you hit center screen, then just graze over/under the top/bottom depending which is flying over you. You should hit the safespot easily.

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 06:14:51 PM »
try the manly way, dodging everything.

Also, to the individual who said "I never fail if I use a bomb".
...Bombing is failing, no matter how you look at it.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 10:20:48 PM »
...Bombing is failing, no matter how you look at it.

This makes me feel about 5 inches high, due to my 22 bomb clears of EoSD Hard and my recent MoF "1cc".
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:47:59 PM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 10:32:57 PM »
This makes me feel about 5 inches high.

d'awww
Advocate of Transhumanism

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 10:38:43 PM »
Bombing can't be failing if it means you get through Youkai's Blazing Wheel in less than 8 seconds
rofl bye

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 11:51:43 PM »
Oh Reimu C...

Do you actually need to pass anything with Aya? I'm pretty sure I saw a lunatic replay where the guy 1cc's it but passes maybe three or four spellcards after including level one.

And yeah, bombing is failing, but you don't feel as bad. Bombing just means "I can't beat this, so I'll skip it lolololol". Sorry doods.

Not to say I don't bomb on my fair share of shit.... Fucking Utsuho's first random assed spellcard, POS.

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 02:52:14 AM »
And yeah, bombing is failing, but you don't feel as bad. Bombing just means "I can't beat this, so I'll skip it lolololol". Sorry doods.
I only bomb when I know I'm going to die, which very often fails because of SURPRISE BULLETS.
Although I have to admit that Master Sparking the Prismrivers' faces off is amazing.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 04:53:58 AM »
Bombing is often the intelligent thing to do if your end goal is simply a 1cc. So a more positive way to look at it is retreating from one battle so that you can win the war! Of course, you still get hit with that "Card failed" message, but hey you get hit with that if you time-out a card too >_>

Also, Utsuho's card is a lot of fun dodging the "dodging" the normal way. I suggest trying it out in practice mode. The safe spot is definitely the way to go for a 1cc run though.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 10:51:29 AM »

Oh Reimu C...

I got there with Aya once, whose bomb REALLY pushes you ahead in SA, but I was actually more "behaved". The insta-bomb-F***-THIS! was Alice. Three dolls to the face and off we go to something we actually care about.
rofl bye

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 11:15:28 AM »
Personally, I think there should be a higher bonus for timed-out spells >_>

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 07:59:32 PM »
It's around where the big balls touch. Pay attention to it and watch some replays, and you'll be able to find it easily.
Unless you want to try the manly way, dodging everything.
I haven't done so yet.

There isn't much manly about taking that card down on Normal is there? Without the safespot that is. I timed it out that way and it was easily done. Give it a couple runs in stage practice and you should see what i mean.

Bombing is often the intelligent thing to do if your end goal is simply a 1cc. So a more positive way to look at it is retreating from one battle so that you can win the war! Of course, you still get hit with that "Card failed" message, but hey you get hit with that if you time-out a card too >_>

Also, Utsuho's card is a lot of fun dodging the "dodging" the normal way. I suggest trying it out in practice mode. The safe spot is definitely the way to go for a 1cc run though.

Right you are. Unless you are going for score there is really no shame in bombing some spellcards or even in bombing a lot. The important thing is that you get your 1CC. I actually don't make many runs at all of the Touhou games. The vast majority of my play time are spent in stage practice as i find it a 1000 times more fun to play Touhou when you don't have to be so frickin' careful not to die. In Stage Practice you can just let loose and concentrate on playing instead of concentrating on the bombs and the lives. Makes for a much more pleasant playing experience.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 08:04:39 PM by Zengeku »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 11:48:42 AM »
well, I just capped "Hell and Heaven Meltdown" with 2.95 Power ReimuB (damn you ZUN and your sadist power system), I should be of help.

Stay in the middle part, you can dodge in that area with just moving (mostly) left and right, it's just like "Fixed Star", except 10x scarier.  Honestly though, what it all boils down to just mostly asdf bullshit.

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 02:10:58 PM »
well, I just capped "Hell and Heaven Meltdown" with 2.95 Power ReimuB (damn you ZUN and your sadist power system), I should be of help.

Stay in the middle part, you can dodge in that area with just moving (mostly) left and right, it's just like "Fixed Star", except 10x scarier.  Honestly though, what it all boils down to just mostly asdf bullshit.

Its easy enough but it takes a lot of precision. And thats can be messed up by two factors: A crappy keyboard or nerves.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 02:27:36 PM »
--First nonspell:  Um... get out of the way of the bullet rays?

--Atomic Fire "Nuclear Fusion":  The GIANT FACE-MELTING SUNS are aimed at you.  If you can, try not to be directly under Utsuho when they're fired.  If you die to this card, it will likely be via clipdeath to the blue bullets (or if your computer's like mine, from input lag).  Negotiate the safest path you can find through the blue bullets and you should be fine; the card will just take a while.  Alternatively, plant two or three bombs on Utsuho.

--Second nonspell:  Again, get out of the way of the bullet rays.  This isn't necessarily easy, especially after the red bullet spam that makes the first new wave of bullet rays very difficult to see.  It's mostly a matter of seeing where the rays are aiming and getting out of the way accordingly without running into the bullets outside your immediate focus.  Alternatively, learn to trivialize it.

--Explosion Sign "Mega Flare":  Don't go to the sides if you can help it.  Don't dodge at the bottom of the screen, or you improve your chances of getting messed over by the blue bullets.  Keep an eye out for the blue bullets.  Be ready to bomb if you get trapped.

--Third nonspell:  Stay about a third of the way up from the bottom of the screen directly under Utsuho and watch the attack unfold.  Once you have a general idea of where you can stay safely, just follow Utsuho and stay at the same distance.

--Blazing Star "Fixed Star":  I don't like abusing the safe line simply because I don't trust myself to not mess up.  However, knowing that it's there and where it is helps a lot for doing it the "intended way".  There's really not much to say about tactics - just do ovals between the safe spot under Utsuho and somewhere to the bottom left, carefully of course.

--Fourth nonspell:  See second nonspell; the WHITER THAN WHITE bullets are less dense but the giant yellow bullets make the next wave even harder to see.

--"Heaven and Hell Meltdown":  There are a couple of strategies people would suggest like no-horiz, no-vert, squares, etc. but I would just recommend you play the way you feel safest as long as you don't move more than you have to (read: don't get nervous).  It's up to you whether you feel more comfortable dodging in the center versus the sides of the screen, or somewhere in between - the difference is in the angles of the bullets you'll be dodging.  Don't worry about staying under Utsuho; she'll come to you.

--"Subterranean Sun":  Don't move too far left or right unless you have to to get through those walls of tiny clipdeath bullets.  Let the gravity effect do the work for you.  The bullets maintain their density for about half a second after the vacuum picks up, so plan ahead where you can.

Utsuho's hardest spells are seriously the first two.  The others will mostly scare you into messing up.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 02:29:30 PM »
I find H&H Meltdown not so hard but I prefer to go a little to the side where you have a little more space/reaction-time
rofl bye

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 02:39:48 PM »
Don't worry about staying under Utsuho; she'll come to you.

I wonder why she actually does that. There goes proof she's a birdbrain.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 05:51:38 AM »
I wonder why she actually does that. There goes proof she's a birdbrain.

Yes, it is so.  If you somehow moved to the right more, she'll move with you.  That's what happened on my capped run.

And yes, there goes the ultimate proof that Utsuho is a (6).

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 09:21:37 AM »
Would you people rather she moved randomly across the stage, then?  :P
rofl bye

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 01:33:57 AM »
would any of you guys mind donating a score.dat with Utsuho's level unlocked so I can practice it?

It's very aggravating to enter her level with six lives and get a game over screen.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 02:05:44 PM »
Just wondering, how many Alice Bombs does it take to kill one of Utsuho's cards?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Drake

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 04:36:18 PM »
Considering you won't be up against Utsuho to get the extra damage from the doll and you might be only getting around 5 lasers to hit, I'd say like six or something. Yeah.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 04:56:40 PM »
here is a replay, anymore helpful advice?

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3445

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Drake

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2009, 05:33:38 PM »
First of all, stop doing so badly in the beginning. You stay at the very bottom. It's streaming, you don't need to move over so much with every tap. They're aimed directly, directly at you, you barely have to move at all. If you stay at the bottom and move very little, your shots will kill the wisps to the side of you that you keep bombing, and you won't get it.

Kasha Wheel is easy, learn the timing. You wasted a life and two bombs there when you can get away with nothing spent.

At Utsuho your replay desynced.

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2009, 06:36:44 PM »
Play Easy mode. There are four difficulties for a reason.