Author Topic: [東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu] - Programming Thread  (Read 33885 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Programming thread)
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 08:55:06 AM »
I've got some ideas for my bomb damage.

1. Collect bullets like SA ReimuB, but they are stored until the end and fired as a beam. Size and damage depending on number of bullets collected.

2. Screenwide damage based on my graze value. Diminishing returns at higher values, so use breakpoints I guess.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2009, 07:24:39 PM »
After about 1.5 hours:

Should I release what I have so far, or wait until variable-width is done?

With a push in the right direction from Drake (btw Drake, test more than two freaking characters before saying you got it), I managed to churn this out. Two issues with it though:

1. The alignment parameter doesn't do anything anymore
2. The widths are hardcoded to work with the font.png that comes with it and hasn't been tested with any other font

However, both the font image and align parameters are still there so if you were using the function earlier (which is like three or four of us), it'll still work.

It should be fine for most people's purposes now though so here's a download link.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2009, 09:25:05 PM »
Awesome, that should be useful for a lot of people. I always hated Danmakufu's font, so it's good to know that people have an option now, heh. (I'm keeping fixed-width for my own game though, since it looks good enough and I've already modified it beyond the point where I could easily add your code.)
Mine has cool appearing and disappearing effects. And automatic word wrap.

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2009, 12:36:14 AM »
Gpop A pre-alpha build

GpopA: 'Just do whatever Koishi-chan would do~'
(Gpop + Kanako Yasaka) ?
Standard Shot: [Thoughtless Flurry] Fuck Yeah Lasers
Spellcard: [Subterranean Rose]

I have no idea how to make this bomb better. I don't like it right now.

This shot type features homing lasers. No longer absolute homing like the RouA version, the laser must be close to an enemy to lock on to it. The laser prefers enemies closer to you, but they still have to within the laser's reach. This means that you actually have to get under an enemy at some point before you can laserfuck it to death. This shot type will have the lowest DPS of all the shot types, since it requires little skill to play as. Be sure to test the script on a stage with many enemies to see how the homing lasers work. Also, I'm aware of the laser separation bug (if you encounter it).

To do;
- Graphics;
- Better bomb;
- DPS testing (~220dps);
- Changes depending on feedback;
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 12:38:26 AM by Naut »

Re: [東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu] - Programming Thread
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2009, 04:53:11 AM »
The OP needs an update badly :/

Can anyone with any stuff they've been working on post it so I can have the most recent version of every file? Stuff like functions, player scripts, anything to do with Ijiyatsu.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:55:25 AM by Nasuma »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2009, 09:21:43 PM »
Took some time but I got three function to submit for the library ( extract it simply in th_iji root ).

Functions:
  • Burning aura
  • Spell circle ( under discussion still for perfection )
  • Cutin script

The package contains a sandbox_spellcircle.txt (very small script) which I made to test / see the effects. Maybe an idea to do this frequent when releasing stuff. So other programmers can look at it without having to build an entire frikken script on their own.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 09:49:50 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2009, 12:53:35 AM »
GJ HELEPOLIS

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2009, 10:12:54 PM »
Prepare for epic Goddrake update on the spellcircle and more stuff. PLEASE WATCH WARMLY AS DRAKE DOES HIS BEST TO PREPARE.

Drake

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2009, 10:12:59 PM »
A few updates. I changed a few things in the th_iji directory that I was missing (folders for each character's ending, folders for dialogue images). I put the dialogue functions in the directory along with a cleaned-up test script, edited Hele's circles a bit, and wrote a function for the rotating red circle as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wmuyueunyyn

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2009, 09:51:50 AM »
S'not done, but this kinda thing is far too difficult to correctly throw together without input from everybody else.

th_iji v0.01c (9.06MB)

What is this? It's a sandbox for programmers to play in. It's to give us an idea of how stuff like Idiot energy, Embodiment summoning and power gaining will affect how a stage plays in Ijiyatsu, so that we can better prepare ourselves for designing stages, and so we won't get hit with any weird programming walls or glitches. This is not an actual stage in Ijiyatsu.

Doesn't have a boss. Four difficulties, to change the difficulty, go to:

th_iji/script/script_stage/MockStage.txt

Near the very top there is a variable declared called Difficulty, options are 1, 2, 3 and 4, which represent the four difficulties of most Touhou games. They aren't very good representitives in all honesty... Difficulty 4 is fucking bullshit, but I don't have the heart to make it easier. Easy and Normal are probably too hard as well. Hard might be a bit easier than usual. At least, that's what it feels like when I play it, but I really don't know since I designed the damn thing.

The script comes with a replay, which will only play correctly if Difficulty = 4. It's for observing an actual playthrough, instead of just pressing i and getting a skewed version of the stage, or playing through the game yourself and not really paying attention to what's happening.

Play through it, give some opinions. The background is just temporary and will probably not end up being anything in Ijiyatsu, so ignore that. I'm having a really hard time making a stage that flows well, as well as designing enemies that aren't complete ass. I'm also having trouble with not making the Embodiment encounter awkward as hell, so any opinions regarding those things will be taken into strong consideration, even if they seem like bad ideas at the time.

I feel bad about not making a boss for the programmer release of this stage, since most of what Helepolis has been doing and some of what Drake did is solely for bosses... Hopefully in 0.01d I'll have some shit boss to throw out and we can see how that flows along.

Non-programmers are welcome to give the stage a try, but don't expect much, it's just a systems and mechanics test for now --not a whole lot like what an actual Ijiyatsu stage will play like. It's just to give us a sandbox to play in, as well as a good idea of how most of the weird things like Embodiments or IE will operate.

tl;dr play it, give opinions

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2009, 05:00:51 PM »
Awesome ZE ! Downloading this now.

Did Drake made the lifebar already btw? Or is it my job? Because if not: I am going to use this sandbox stage to test out the lifebar with Drake's dialogue function.

Edit: I will also add in some test boss to test out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 05:47:06 PM by Helepolis »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2009, 05:50:02 PM »
Quote from: Naut
Difficulty 4 is fucking bullshit, but I don't have the heart to make it easier. Easy and Normal are probably too hard as well. Hard might be a bit easier than usual. At least, that's what it feels like when I play it, but I really don't know since I designed the damn thing.

It's hard for you....people like us are going to find it playable? :P

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2009, 07:33:34 PM »
ilu Naut, Hele, Drake

And it wasn't THAT hard for Lunatic mode. I only died twice :V. UFO Lunatic is still much harder :V

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2009, 09:06:22 PM »
Some minor things:

-We should probably get a new graphic for the gathering idiot energy.
-Autocollected items could move a little faster.
-Comment moar kthx.

I guess I can get to work making some enemies/embodiments or something now.

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2009, 09:41:26 PM »
It's hard for you....people like us are going to find it playable? :P

For a first/second stage difficulty? I'm not talking stage 5 UFO or anything, I'm aware this is tame, but SA and UFO stage one is trivial compared to this. Plus this is half the length of what a normal level usually is. I actually did find the stage easy (hence the replay), I was just guesstimating that it was bullshit since almost everything is offset randomly, and can wall you (especially when two of those beehive enemies come down). So many random variables usually makes for a bullshitty difficulty, but I guess I was wrong in this case. Like I said, I'm really bad at gauging difficulties, especially when I know how everything works.

And it wasn't THAT hard for Lunatic mode. I only died twice :V. UFO Lunatic is still much harder :V

Gauging difficulty doesn't work that way :V

-Comment moar kthx.

Drake bitched at me for this too (for good reason), I'm gonna comment everything for 0.01d, hopefully to an acceptable level. I'd wager the CommonData names are pretty self explanatory, but they are presented in a pretty batshit way, I'll admit. Too much shit needed weird workarounds to work properly.

I guess I can get to work making some enemies/embodiments or something now.

Hooray.

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2009, 10:14:39 PM »
For a first/second stage difficulty? I'm not talking stage 5 UFO or anything, I'm aware this is tame, but SA and UFO stage one is trivial compared to this. Plus this is half the length of what a normal level usually is. I actually did find the stage easy (hence the replay), I was just guesstimating that it was bullshit since almost everything is offset randomly, and can wall you (especially when two of those beehive enemies come down). So many random variables usually makes for a bullshitty difficulty, but I guess I was wrong in this case. Like I said, I'm really bad at gauging difficulties, especially when I know how everything works.

Gauging difficulty doesn't work that way :V

Drake bitched at me for this too (for good reason), I'm gonna comment everything for 0.01d, hopefully to an acceptable level. I'd wager the CommonData names are pretty self explanatory, but they are presented in a pretty batshit way, I'll admit. Too much shit needed weird workarounds to work properly.

Hooray.
Maybe I've been playing too many Danmakufu scripts lately, but I felt it wasn't "too" hard because the bullets moved at a pace that I could actually see. (Compare that to some of the scripts here and uh yeah)

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2009, 10:22:17 PM »
Because people actually had the audacity to complain about a minute and a half long script being easy, 0.01d lunatic will be nearly unplayable.

lol

Also, do you guys really have nothing else to say but "it was lol easy you must suck"? Design was fine? Embodiment was perfect?

...Seriously?

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2009, 10:25:19 PM »
It seemed like an appropriate thing to mention at the time :V

Drake

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2009, 10:38:31 PM »
Yeah, we don't want to hear how great we are. Right now we need superbitching. Serp talked to me quite a bit about the mechanics but nobody else.

EDIT: If you could, take it to the discussion thread, please.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:32:31 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2009, 11:27:31 PM »
Is it normal that you can gather the Idiot Energy, what means you lose them?

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2010, 09:04:25 AM »
Quick update. I'll keep it short since none of you read the walls of text I post.

th_iji v0.01d (9.31MB)

Edited many different things, most of which only the programmers will notice. Graphics are still placeholder, as are most sound effects. Sorry I didn't replace the bvvv star sound. Try to comment of design/gameplay and mechanics, if you can. Superbitching is do want.

What would you like to see in Ijiyatsu, the game? You can see how things are gonna play out now, so here's your chance to mention it.

Keep it in the discussion thread, please.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:24:42 AM by Naut »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2010, 03:37:55 PM »
Drake, Naut:

I have updates for the spellcircle. After reading the discussion thread, I fiddled around with the parameters and variables and also the 'spell card attack' text. It is now ADD drawing and has perfect alpha style fading. No idea how I managed it but it works.

Edit: Spellcircle + Cutin update. Changes:
Modified files:
- function_spellcircle.txt
- function_cutinFam.txt
- spellcardanm.png

Update/fixes/changes:
- Moved bottom Hexagon more to the right simulating UFO style
- Changed 'Spell card attack' into ADD rendering with somehow good alpha style fading (yay)
- Adjusted thickness of border of idiocy + foggy white circle simulating UFO style
- Decreased repeatment of texture for border of idiocy
- Decreased size of the outer circles to make it overal smaller.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:41:21 PM by Helepolis »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2010, 05:52:07 PM »
Stage core script with temporarily difficulty selector. Because nobody did this, I ended up doing it building a full structure. Basically it allows you to work separate on each stage without having to wait for the core. It should
speak for itself really.

Changelog:
- Adds 7 stage task files
- Adds 1 core stage file
- No files are replaced so it can be safely added.

Also don't whine about the horrible stage selector, I needed something to test the stage transitions :V
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:54:12 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2010, 06:07:38 AM »
Made a menu using Helepolis' core scripts ^

Replaces
script\script_stage\stage00.txt
script\script_stage\stage01.txt
script\script_stage\stage02.txt
script\script_stage\stage03.txt
script\script_stage\stage04.txt
script\script_stage\stage05.txt
script\script_stage\stage06.txt
script\script_stage\stage07.txt
script\script_stage\stage_ijiyatsu.txt

Recommended that you have:
script\bgm\thid_01.mp3
script\bgm\thid_02.mp3
script\bgm\thid_04.mp3
However they aren't required, nor are they included in the script.

Images and backgrounds are also not included, but will obviously replace the DrawText functions once we've completed them.

Also, I'll take the time now to say that I don't like the main menu music (particularly the intro-effect), but the rest of the music is great so far.

See attached for scripts.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2010, 06:39:14 AM »
Before going to work.

Naut ! Is your notepad putting the tabs totally wrong or did you just used  KOWPI PASTA? ? ? Because we shouldn't let the source become like MockStage structure :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V  ** brutally murdered **

Edit: this is only  stage_ijiyatsu.txt I speak off.

Edit2:  Player is still unable to fire or use bombs once a stage has been selected.  (

Edit3: Logically I guess since the player selection is not compiled yet. Ignore the early morning bullshit :V I am off to work.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 06:46:40 AM by Helepolis »

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2010, 06:51:20 AM »
Yeah players were ignored, I know that ForbidBomb and ForbidShot are still active. Uh, stage_ijiyatsu.txt looks fine to me in Notepad++...

I didn't realize the tabbing structure looks like ass to you guys, everything looks very clear here :S

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2010, 10:26:58 PM »
I supposedly made an Embodiment tester for anyone else who is working on coding them.

Includes:
Embodiment template (basically Naut's embodiment with non-ass tabbing and no attacks)
A generic embodiment
Two new functions for embodiment movement (ExMove01 tries to stay above player, ExMove02 ignores player location)
Stage for quick and easy embodiment testing (set difficulty in the txt, and add embodiments to array EA to have them spawn in that order)

Anyways, should embodiments clear bullets on death? Should they clear only their own bullets, or every bullet onscreen (or within a radius)?

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2010, 11:04:31 PM »
I didn't realize the tabbing structure looks like ass to you guys, everything looks very clear here :S

Looks perfectly fine to me, in both Notepad and Notepad++

Anyways, should embodiments clear bullets on death? Should they clear only their own bullets, or every bullet onscreen (or within a radius)?

All the bullets, i'm pretty sure.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2010, 05:18:49 AM »
Exams are over, werkin' teim.

Zengar B gets an upgrade

pew pew pew

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2010, 04:08:08 PM »
Shittin stars ze