Author Topic: Is L4D like drugs or something?  (Read 3279 times)

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
Is L4D like drugs or something?
« on: October 28, 2009, 04:06:44 PM »
I visit the Valve games forum almost every day. I love watching people complain about everything there. The L4D2 demo was to be released yesterday but it was delayed for 24h on the PC for some last minute bugfixing. No doubt people would be upset, but what surprised me was that everyone was raging like when L4D2 was announced on E3.

Seriously, everyone in the forums is pissed, even more than angry Hitler in that video. A lot of people are saying how they sold out to Microsoft for releasing it early with the bug they are fixing. Others are saying that Valve lied to us releasing the demo later than intended. Hell there's actually some people who are considering to sue Valve for fraud. My favorite is one guy who said that he called in sick from work just to play a demo that wouldn't even last 30 minutes. Even before the delay was announced, Europeans were pissed because they had to wait for Americans to wake up, some even called Valve racist for that.

I mean, how are they surprised? This is Valve, they have delayed games for years but they can't handle a demo being delayed for a day. This is the kind of reaction I expect from a drug addict when his supplier ran out of drugs. I know L4D is a fun game, but this is way more overreacting than the boycott. Yet this community believes they are more mature than Halo or Warcraft players.

Re: Is L4D like drugs or something?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 05:02:49 PM »
There is always some one that complains about any new update with Valve's games.
There's nothing they can really do about it because they clicked yes in the terms of agreement.
Normally they just learn to deal with it.

Other than that L4D2 looks like fun.

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 05:42:35 PM »
well, the internet is full of impatient people like that, so im not totally surprised about people flipping out over something as trivial as a 24 Hour delay. And yeah, like you said, Valve is notorious for delays anyway :P

Matsuri

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 05:46:50 PM »
I don't understand the rage. I mean, I loved Left 4 Dead and all, but just like every other FPS game, I can wait. :P

Now, that port of Mushihimesama Futari that I preordered... that's killing me. =<

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 06:03:34 PM »
I was mildly miffed just because I don't have much free time the next couple days and will be traveling this weekend, but I would have had some time to play last night. But not annoyed enough to go bitch and moan about it. :V

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 06:15:42 PM »
I don't understand the rage. I mean, I loved Left 4 Dead and all, but just like every other FPS game, I can wait. :P

Considering that the FPS's main demographic is "People who are impatient and Unruly", I'd say it's to be expected.

Matsuri

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 06:18:27 PM »
Oh well. I mean, I can understand the appeal of making zombie heads pop like grapes, but...  :-X