Author Topic: Your Luckiest Dodges  (Read 50592 times)

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
Re: Your Luckiest Dodges
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2009, 10:01:02 AM »
Decided to check out what the "other" (non-Lyrica) Prismriver Lunatic cards were like.

I somehow managed to capture Fake Strings "Pseudo Stradivarius" on the first attempt, despite having no idea how it worked.  At all.  There was definitely a moment where I circled around a bullet unfocused in a manner that looked like it came straight out of a TAS run.  Then I nearly got walled and somehow went through like 935908 bullets.  What.

suki-gin

• EMBRACE THE POWER OF LOVE!
  • Girl is doing her best.
    • My blog
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2009, 01:58:01 PM »
You know how sometimes RL interferes with gaming?
Anyway, I had to do something urgent for my mom and paused while playing MoF Extra.

After two hours was back at the pc, resumed the game and managed to complete it. Sometimes it's hard to get back into the 'vibe'.
(어떡하죠) 어떡하죠 (떨리는 나는)  떨리는 나는요(두근) 두근 두근 거려 밤에 잠도 못이루죠 나는 나는 바본가봐요 그대 그대밖에 모르는 바보 그래요 그대 보는 날

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2009, 03:59:04 AM »
I had yet another key-remapper-induced keyboard malfunction. Usually this sends me to my death. This time it sent me straight through Alice's first midboss attack in PCB Stage 3 Lunatic, completely unscathed. :V

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2009, 05:45:03 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAa7cSn5iV0
After about 2:16 I make 3 really weird dodges.
Also demonstrates my horrible death bomb skills when I bomb a second AFTER my super dodge

close up:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 05:52:10 PM by Kawaii Yokai »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2009, 11:13:55 PM »
My luckiest dodges are anytime there's anything at all onscreen on PoFV and I don't get hit <_< >_> *seriously does NOT like PoFV right now*

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2009, 02:58:11 AM »
PoFV...

I'd agree with you but the bullets aren't exactly hard but simply random and numerous.

A level 2 spell card usually can clear the screen enoug hfor you to weave through the cascades though.

My luckiest dodges are the times I try to POC and basically charge headfirst into and out of a swarm of enemies and emerge unscathed.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2009, 03:29:25 AM »
A friend of mine, who was very new to Touhou at the time, was playing PCB Normal.
She was up at Yuyuko's Losing Hometown "Lost Soul's Village -Fatal Sin-".
Just remembering that those lasers were coming in her direction and feeling too pressured, she desperately flew to the other side. In a straight line without stopping. And she didn't get hit. It was pretty awesome.

Sadly, we forgot to save a replay.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2009, 01:23:34 PM »
Oh yeah, kind of forgot to post this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10W1jsGsoYE

Flying through walls like it ain't no thing!

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2009, 03:39:24 PM »
I've got two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ-N-vxfcBA - The last ten seconds of the spell card. I forgot to move up to avoid the blue bullets, but still managed to weave my way through them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIt1NA1UFDQ - At the very end of the video, again. Reimu walled me with her yin-yang orbs, and she got hit just as the wall was about to hit me.

Ghost/Spectre

• The Dimensional Nomad
  • Tewi: FALKON PAWNCH!!!
    • ghost-spectre.deviantart.com
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »
Probably on the extra stage where you fight... uh... yukari i think? I know you first fight ren then the boss. The spinny things came in and blasted their green shots and i moved straight through it. I spazed out a bit because I couldn't figure out how to dodge it and i didn't get smacked.
Anything worth doing is worth pouring all your energy into, work hard, play hard, rest hard. That's why when I get a nosebleedz my head ashplodes!!! :D

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2009, 01:09:37 AM »

It's the luckiest one I had on a replay, mainly because I didn't realize what happened until after the fact. I've had luckier ones but forgot to save them.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Formless God

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2009, 07:50:33 AM »

How is this thing "easy" ? >_>

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2009, 08:02:10 AM »
Got an even better one. MoF Stage 6 Normal, training for an eventual perfect run. I mess up my rhythm dodging Kanako's second non-spell and am slowly being forced left. I know I have to cut back right to survive (not using bombs here), so I pick a spot and rush right, realizing as I'm moving that I started a bit too late. Then this ensues: before, and after. The images explain it all.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2009, 08:36:57 AM »
PCB, against the Prismrivers. I forget exactly which non-card it was, but at one point ... three bullets completely obscured my hitbox. And I survived.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2009, 07:02:26 PM »
Not exactly a dodge, but still pretty impressive. Randomly fighting Suika Satori (the only Satori fight I like), I was up against Pandemonium. I ran into a bullet, and death bombed. What's impressive about this? My finger slipped at that moment and I accidentally bombed, and it just happened to be at just the right time to death bomb. I'm just THAT good. :V
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2009, 04:54:12 PM »

I survived this.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »

I survived this.

Saved. o_o Just goes to show how few "walls" there actually are in Touhou.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2009, 09:25:08 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKGeSGW9C74

Although I don't know if this counts, as I immediately die AFTER everything.

ebarrett

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2009, 05:06:47 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIR1l3kSilo

"Hit" head-on by a ying-yang.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2009, 04:45:19 AM »

Probably the closest I've ever been to one of Aya's bullets and survived.

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2009, 08:05:27 PM »
Not technically a dodge since it's in IaMP, but I was playing against Youmu in Reimu's Story Mode. Youmu was using her First Sign [Double Pain] attack, which turns Myon into a completely grazable body double of Youmu. I was cornered by both of them and, panicking, did a quick 6A.

It just so happens that Reimu's 6A is one of the few normal attacks in the game that grazes, so I went right through Myon's attack and ended the spellcard. :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2009, 09:17:22 PM »
See this replay? I decided to give SA another try after finishing up the last of my finals (I feel like I've lost my touch since picking up MoF, but I digress). My goal was mainly to unlock Stage 4 Hard for Practice, and I didn't think anything exciting would happen. Cue the green amulet section after 2nd midboss Orin. When I try a cutback to the right near the end of it, I, without thinking at all, make not one, but two weird-ass dodges through the rows of amulets. I was just in the right place at the right time, I guess.

Ignore everything else in the replay. Except how I died in Stage 5. That's actually kinda funny, in a demented sort of way...

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2009, 05:25:57 PM »

Despite having zero trust in my judgement of where bubble hitboxes are, I somehow survive this nonsense.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Shanghai Alice

• Border of Fail
  • Mo, Mosou Machine (Disillusionment Machine)
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2009, 08:45:19 PM »
Running through Patchy's normal danmaku.

Aimlessly.

Through the thickest part.

I died shortly after while I was staring in awe.
...you know that what I said was one giant lie, right?

Disillusionment with Touhou... fun...

Bananamatic

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2009, 12:35:46 AM »
Not exactly Touhou, but it's pretty damn ridiculous.

flew straight through lol

Jaimers

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2009, 02:12:08 PM »

lol Reimu hitbox.

Also managed to dodge "GRT" for 5 whole seconds by standing in the corner.  :V

Formless God

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGs7IYXsqWc

Not just one, but several dodges in a row.

« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2009, 05:53:11 PM »

ebarrett

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2009, 01:06:33 AM »
Also managed to dodge "GRT" for 5 whole seconds by standing in the corner.  :V

I've done close to that on occasion, sadly standing mostly still in a corner seems to work a lot more for me than actually trying to dodge the bullets.  :(

I've also crossed the entire width of the screen at least once. It sort of just happened, I just spazzed left and right - more left than right - and bam, hello other side of the screen, how the hell did that just happen, KABLOOOM. I even had time to tap up once before exploding!

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2009, 05:34:32 AM »
This isn't really a dodge, but I was fighting Sakuya on EoSD.
I was hit by one of her knives, but I didn't know I was going to get hit so I didn't deathbomb.
But then she stops time. While I'm still dying.
Of course, I was able to survive by deathbombing when she started time again.