Author Topic: Your Luckiest Dodges  (Read 50560 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Your Luckiest Dodges
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2009, 10:34:31 PM »
I accidently ran through the pattern of rushing danmaku when Aya began her "Wind God Hidden Among Tree Leaves" spellcard while trying to PoC, freaked out, and ran back down through it again. Without getting hit.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2009, 12:12:18 AM »
Win: Parsee midboss capture.
Fail: ..... just about everything else in that replay.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 06:52:03 PM »
I was unlocking reimu's last word from stage 4A normal mode IN when this happened:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xieEj1uu64
I was like.... what? I moved in that position and thought 'moving now would mean certain death, but... what should I do then? Other than staying still... o wait the card already ended and I didn't even dodge yet'.

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 07:16:03 PM »

lol amulet bullets.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
A number of times during "And Then There Will Be None?" I swear a bullet spawned right on top of me and I got through unscathed. Also seemed like I just passed through bullets a number of times on that card.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2009, 07:38:46 PM »

lol amulet bullets.

I swear that sometimes I'll just pass straight through the center of an amulet without anything happening... And other times, the hitbox will seem to be the ENTIRE bullet <_<;

ebarrett

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2009, 07:52:41 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xieEj1uu64
I was like.... what? I moved in that position and thought 'moving now would mean certain death, but... what should I do then? Other than staying still... o wait the card already ended and I didn't even dodge yet'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHU74MZ4hcM  ;D ;D ;D

Basically what you said for the last second of your capture applies for the whole damned thing here. Some failed attempts had even more ridiculous stuff where I just stood there numb because of sensory overload and everything from an entire wave just flew past by miracle.... only for me to try to actually dodge a much "easier" next wave and smash right into an amulet because it's freakin' impossible to control your character properly at double speed. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2009, 07:59:55 PM »
I swear that sometimes I'll just pass straight through the center of an amulet without anything happening... And other times, the hitbox will seem to be the ENTIRE bullet <_<;
Well, if you advance towards the bullet with a speed of x p/f while the bullet has a speed of y p/f towards you and the hitbox of the bullet is z pixels, then you have a chance of
1-(z/(x+y))
to pass directly through the bullet. Amulet bullets have a really tiny hitbox. If only the edge of the hitbox is in your way, you have even less pixels you need to jump. Wait, I have to try something...  :V
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

ebarrett

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2009, 08:26:38 PM »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2009, 02:28:38 AM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2009, 03:46:35 AM »

I'm more impressed with you having "A0005530" points.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2009, 04:27:59 AM »

lol amulet bullets.
I've completely given up on this spellcard. Half the time the amulets don't even seem to have hitboxes. :V

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2009, 02:39:04 PM »
because going through high-speed walls takes skill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvo7DEZq2Zw

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 03:17:47 PM »

At first, I thought it was because I was playing at 2am. I was previously on the right side of that laser. I then proceeded to get then get touched by that (same) laser 1 frame later. Probably the only time where the lasers are shorter than they appear.

...still don't feel sleepy.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 03:22:27 PM by Baity »
<>

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »
I dont know what's up but I pulled off another insane dodge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxTnpO38nBk
if that ain't lucky then I don't know what is

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2009, 10:44:07 PM »
Just played Stage 5 of MoF Lunatic for the first time (and like the 3rd time ever playing this stage on any difficulty, so I don't have it memorized.  At all).  For the opening faeries, I pretty much moved randomly unfocused through all the waves of bullets and didn't get hit.

Bananamatic

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2009, 10:59:18 PM »
Went through a solid wall on Aura of Justice L.
Two times in a row :V

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2009, 04:56:35 AM »

Yes, I somehow survived that - and lasted another ten seconds, failing the card for the 118th time... but this amazing stroke of sheer stupid luck made it worth it. You know you're in the wrong place when you can't even see your character at all, not even her hitbox dot...

Formless God

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2009, 05:05:09 AM »

Same ...

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2009, 04:22:19 PM »
Fast forward to final noncard.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2009, 11:26:07 AM »
Luck, or skill?

My answer:
Spoiler:
Both
<>

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2009, 09:47:35 PM »
Those attacks rely waaaay too much on luck. They are little Mokou's rings of death on steroids.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2009, 06:05:36 PM »
Can't tell (and show) anything specific. It... it just happens real fast O_O

But I'm very sure my luckiest dodges happens only on my very first playthrough of a stage.
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Marukyu_Nineball

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2009, 08:22:00 AM »
Counter clockwise :/ I was going at super speed from left to right with bullets and somehow did not get hit XD

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2009, 09:08:49 AM »
Upon rewatching my UFO 1cc replay with a calm mind, I noticed that in the midst of the adrenaline rush, I made a squeeze between two touching amulets during the last 2 seconds of LFO.  I'm well aware that amulet hitboxes are tiny, but if my dodging was off, it would have made for a very heartbreaking moment (seeing as I was entirely out of lives/bombs).
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2009, 09:30:30 AM »
I was playing EoSD Normal and was going through the last wave of fairies before Patchy. I somehow got myself walled to the side as a giant mass of bullets had me cornered and I had no bombs left. I calmly stood my ground where I was and awaited my inevitable death.

Not a single bullet managed to hit me.

I proceeded to say "what the fuck"

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2009, 08:26:28 PM »
LOL THE BULLETS DODGE ME. (skip to the last card)
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2009, 11:01:57 PM »
Anytime I have a supernatural border.

AweStriker Nova

• Star Sign "Thunder Constellation"
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2009, 11:04:48 PM »
That one time I had a latent FPS spike in EoSD and defeated Remilia using one continue.

I know, unbelievable.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2009, 11:06:50 PM »
I somehow managed to dodge the bullets at the end of Shuuso Gyoku's Stage 4 in the bottom left corner.

This is only notable because the dialogue window comes up while there are still bullets there.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson