Author Topic: That Dynasty Warriors/ Samurai W/ Musou Orochi /Basara/Hack and Slash thread.  (Read 7741 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Topic transferred.

Begin weekly 20 hour games talk. (20 hour being averagely how long it takes to break all stages open and obtain all characters usable)

So, just played Musou Orochi Z.

I must say, I am impressed...
Just how wicked can you get? First it was Son Goku, now Benkei and Sanzo WHO IS A GIRL INSTEAD OF A TRADITIONAL MONK IN MONK ROBES.

Damn.

Highly fappable sprite too. To think this won't be on the PC or PS2 angers me.

A lot of the game elements are still overpowered, namely Tenbu weapons.
Can't believe you cannot transfer save files for usage, a big dissapointment right there.

That said, I am terribly impressed by the first preview and play of PSP's BASARA edition with team-co-op.

I challenged a friend the other day on 2 person team up and it was intense.

Wonder how does a slugfest 4 way Basara play feels like?
The missions are also cool, cuts away much of the mundane from the original game, and adds more spice.

However, lack of silly outrageous overpowered moves makes it bad, a lot of the moves are somewhat missing, a strategy missing? or added element of challenge? You decide.

PSP sales are soaring with new games like these ones introduced that can be on the spot online network play. Greatness.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
Somehow the longest weapon in these game usually the best weapon.

♛ Apher-Forte

Sun Ce and Ling Tong would like to have a word with you.

Also

Da Ji, Himeko, TaiGongWang etc.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
Nevermind, just recalled how amazing and awesomely fast Nunchuck is.

Letty Whiterock

Holy shit Musou Orochi Z is out?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Begin weekly 20 hour games talk. (20 hour being averagely how long it takes to break all stages open and obtain all characters usable)

What?  Samurai Warriors 2... I'm at about 40 hours and I still technically wouldn't have unlocked everyone (Although I sort of have because I downloaded XL which comes with unlocking everyone).  Oh well.  Damnit I want Orochi Z D:

And Gracia wants a word with you too.  Crap and unimprovable range still results in ridiculous powerful character like woah @_@

Anyway, yeah, just stopping by because I've played a few games in the series now (DW4, DW4Empires, DW5, DW5XL, DW5Empires, SW, SWXL, SWEmpries, SW2, SW2Empires, WO).  Not sure which one I'm gonna go after next, since Samurai Warriors is still a pet project of mine I'm tearing through at a fair rate... *Shrug*

♛ Apher-Forte

Holy shit Musou Orochi Z is out?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-37gs.html

It is not?

I already saw the pirated version available.

What?  Samurai Warriors 2... I'm at about 40 hours and I still technically wouldn't have unlocked everyone (Although I sort of have because I downloaded XL which comes with unlocking everyone).  Oh well.  Damnit I want Orochi Z D:

And Gracia wants a word with you too.  Crap and unimprovable range still results in ridiculous powerful character like woah @_@

Anyway, yeah, just stopping by because I've played a few games in the series now (DW4, DW4Empires, DW5, DW5XL, DW5Empires, SW, SWXL, SWEmpries, SW2, SW2Empires, WO).  Not sure which one I'm gonna go after next, since Samurai Warriors is still a pet project of mine I'm tearing through at a fair rate... *Shrug*

It is rather easy to break all characters if you don't play normal hard or chaos and easy only.
Also, play at least once using survival mode and play Supply Captain missions. every 50 stages or so there will be a new skill map to play where you must obtain the hidden skill from the captain.

Things like Awakening 4, Greed 4 etc. Greed 4 is all you need after for maximum efficiency. In this case, I use Nagamasa because his Musou consists the most hits. Drop a 9999 hit on your enemies in the 99th and 100th stage for 50,000 or 60,000 + greed4 bonus. Voila, next training list is easy. you can train like 6 characters at any one time.

On characters...
Gracia is damn hard to use, I dunno how to efficiently max her really without relying on musou skill, which is basically all that she is...it is just she takes so much time to prepare for her final bar move.

Pick up SW2 Empires next, the game is excellent.

I love the new strategic elements available.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Bah.  I play on Normal and above only; Easy is ridiculous, considering how easy even Normal is, though you may fail once or twice.  But definitely some characters have an advantage... and watching Gracia tear through everything with only a couple of hits, compared to other characters of similar levels... it's ridiculous.  She has two particular advantages - first off, her Special [Square] String is ridiculously powerful - all of the three possible spells are unblockable and murderously powerful.  If you need her Musou back, she gets auto-recharge at level 10 onwards as a personal skill, and her 1C is quick, damages everything around her to get Musou from that, -and- gives her a boost to Musou anyway.  But she's ridiculously powerful when on a good horse (Considered the best horseback character in SW2), because her attacks from horseback explode to damage multiple enemies at once - I think they're unblockable, too.

I'm not sure if Survival Mode changed or not, but originally back in 2, it was certain missions on certain floors (starting at... I believe 60F at the earliest and going up to 99F) that could net you a rare skill at level 4 if you had already obtained that skill at level 3.

Either way though, once you get Awakening 3 on any character you're set on most difficulties anyway due to the sheer destructiveness of Death Element.  A couple characters might want custom level 3 weapons to add to DEF though, like Masamune, simply because of their low natural abilities in it, if you plan to attempt Chaos/Expert Dream stages...

And yeah, I'll look into it.  That, or maybe DW6 Empires for a fully fresh experience.  Or maybe I'll wait for SW3.

♛ Apher-Forte

Don't play DW 6, I advise you, you would be thoroughly dissapointed.
True the gameplay and the mission has increased a lot of difficulty with more on time strategy and less lag from how everytime you:

defeat enemy officer = Meet officer quote "stand and fight!", Defeat "I lose", "There goes another one", Praise "Earned my praise warrior"

into

"No one can defeat me!" (Morale Up!) (Occasional Praise when you are near to a base etc)

Enemies are also harder to kill with no Charge Attacks but replaced with Unblock Attacks.

Your former charge attacks are now replaced with a specific chain attack that kills blocking targets by bumping them upwards, you then rely on how well you can link your attacks while keeping enemy rooted unblocked. (On Chaos difficulty, this is near impossible as enemy AI is strong, and tricky because new blocking system incorporates back blocking as well, so you cannot advance to the back and attack, it won't work.)

Formerly, some charge attacks are increased with efficiency when you can basically plow through enemies without unblocking them with "Flash" as a skill, or "Boost" to cost significant damage when not blocking.

In DW6, the element is gone making killing enemies like Lu Bu (very strong mind you, even in easy mode) impossible.
Quick jumpers like Lu Xun and Gan Ning make some of the most difficult enemies ever.

That said, there are plenty of redeemable characteristics from the game.

I like the new ambush system where if you pop by a blind corner of a descending hill and so on they will be feared and your enemy can panic. (Unable to guard and significant HP loss)

They took the PSP Base takeover system for this new game, so you kill off soldier bosses (captains etc) to obtain bases for morale, but your enemies can do the same so the challenge is remarkable.

Soldier AI has also increased, making hard mode even very difficult.

I like the Skill Points thing, but annoying as they are mostly the same. There is only 4 different Special Skills.

: Swift Attack - Increases attack rate and agility rate exponentially, pair this with red blood true musou = near 2 hit or 5 hit kill. (even in Chaos mode)

: Rockfall - Summon rocks to fall from the sky, high damage low accuracy.

: Fire Attack - Summon bolts of fire from the sky or from the ground, sets bases on fires to lower morale quickly of enemies, best ability, and takes over bases in a breeze.

: Running Attack - run and hack slash enemies (useless unless you are very good at controlling where you character runs, consider the number of obstacles even in a base, it is hard to actually cut anyone at all.)

I don't like the new weapons selection however, you get weapons on 3 different elements, not ranks. Elements are Skill, Standard, Strength. The attack level increases, and that is all you will get regardless how well you played in Chaos mode or etc.

Skill weapons seemed to have more attributes to them, (max 4) and concentrate on how well you can use said weapon to strike enemies more, such as concentration, airwave, etc.

Strength weapons like namesake, normally comes with True Musou (which is stupid consider it meant slow animation and extra fire element, best paired only if you have red life bar)

Standard weapons increases reach significantly, so Gan Ning in this case, can reach enemies far beyond his normal length.

----

I'm not sure if Survival Mode changed or not, but originally back in 2, it was certain missions on certain floors (starting at... I believe 60F at the earliest and going up to 99F) that could net you a rare skill at level 4 if you had already obtained that skill at level 3.

Either way though, once you get Awakening 3 on any character you're set on most difficulties anyway due to the sheer destructiveness of Death Element.  A couple characters might want custom level 3 weapons to add to DEF though, like Masamune, simply because of their low natural abilities in it, if you plan to attempt Chaos/Expert Dream stages...

Not gonna argue with Gracia on that... somewhat awesome because of her horseback riding though my main horseback character now is Nobunaga.

Survival mode has not changed in XL, you can get the same things etc. So yeah Greed 4 etc.

I personally don't like the Death element, because at some point, using characters like Musashi to clear survival modes make it impossibly difficult to kill people. (It is damage caused by percentage of HP, so as HP draws lower, the percentage downs to minute proportions like 0.000001 % damage per hit, useless.)

At Awakening 4 however, that changes significantly with all elements.
Also...
Lightning, the rest of the elements are generally useless compared with lightning.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:03:39 AM by Ahoge Fairy »