Author Topic: 東方宝演舞 ~ Treasured Dance Performance [ version 1.50 released ]  (Read 73408 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Circle: ドリル乳繰り presents:
東方宝演舞 ~ Treasured Dance Performance v1.50

Disclaimer: Ingame portraits may contain mild forms of fan service. Gamer discretion is advised.

☆☆☆ Download ☆☆☆

[Story]
A rumour spread around the area that a certain mythical place exists where you can eat, drink and dance your heart out. It seems our ordinary magician, Kirisame Marisa had obtained this information from an unknown person and carefully told Reimu to avoid the Tengu from hearing about it so it wouldn't spread uncontrolled. Marisa claimed she had never seen the person around and she also looked quite foreign. Our girls didn't exactly knew what to do with the information, except laugh at it as it was some sort of tale a child would come up with. However, that 'tale' was soon to come alive. The beginning of the tale: 東方演舞 ~ Treasured Dance Performance.

[Media and screenshots]

Links and such:
Helepolis' pixiv
Helepolis' twitter
Warugaki's pixiv
Warugaki's twitter
Game website
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:31:17 PM by Helepolis »

Re: Dance Contest! Showdown [Full game in the make]
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 03:28:30 PM »
How exciting! Update your progress often, I'm looking forward to this.

Look at those sexy man legs!

[Playable Characters]
- Sanae A & B ( going to ask permission first from Naut )

Very yes. I'll upload finished copies tonight (I rebalanced them from the IRC version, Froggy did less overall damage than Snakey, which was just not right).

Nimble

• Broken English Fox
  • Rushing toward the bullet!
    • Viewmix
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 06:04:48 PM »
Any seat ticket? ;)

I hope that Marisa don't need to avoid multi laser shooting from Fromage Pierre's leg.

Lawence Codye

• The Nine Tails of Subconscious...
  • Come & your desires shall all become reality...
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 07:17:30 PM »
This is something I look forward to playing upon completion...

...Fromage Pierre ought to be an entertaining boss...with those man legs & all...
I am the Nine Tails of Subconscious...

Come & your greatest desires will be reality...

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 09:02:22 PM »
Really I don't know if calling someone "cheese" is a good idea...(unless it's nuclear)
But otherwise...can't wait
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:09:44 PM by DgBarca »
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 01:57:59 AM »
[Playable Characters]
- Sanae A & B ( going to ask permission first from Naut )
I'll upload finished copies tonight (I rebalanced them from the IRC version, Froggy did less overall damage than Snakey, which was just not right).

http://dmf.shrinemaiden.org/wiki/index.php?title=Players

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 06:54:45 AM »
Balls. Thanks Naut, I will look into it tonight or so.

Also I don't expect huge progress in this game yet, especially the upcoming november month and first two weeks of december. Why? Because 15th of December I have to finish my graduation paper :V So untill then I will be scripting like bits but after that I got all the spare time in the world untill january atleast!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »
I am right now tackling all the graphics such as framework, System.png, Effects.png. After that I will start constructing stage 1 2 and 3 and find suitable music for them. Because looks and music motivates me. For me this way Danmaku is more fun to script.

Here is the STG_Frame.png. Probably going to be the final design look for the framework. The text ' Dance Contest ' might be tweaked but this keeps the disco feeling in and also gives the same mood like Uwabami Breakers. ( Too bad Danmakufu doesn't have a left border )
Here we go little miss!  O0
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 05:21:04 PM by Helepolis »

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 07:09:22 PM »
HELL YEAH
SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER TURNED INTO A MOVIE!
and knowing what kind of things you can make i expect something twice as good as imperishable night :o

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 10:20:06 AM »
HELL YEAH
SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER TURNED INTO A MOVIE!
Wait what?

(Also I will totally play this)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 04:38:20 PM »
Wait what?

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 04:54:33 PM »
Iku needs to be a boss somewhere.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 06:13:04 PM »
Iku needs to be a boss somewhere.
Rice gruel.
JKJKJK
Iku for final Lolz boss.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:24:13 AM by ⑨望 »

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 06:15:36 PM »
Why actually is the stage 1 boss' name cheese peter? xD will he have cheese-based spells?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 07:36:29 PM »
Info in first post is what you get. Everything else which I have and have not planned is a secret and won't be revealed untill the game is actually released.

>:3

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 08:15:03 PM »
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »
-- Updates updates updates --

With the help in the Q&A I formed my own Lifebar which will be replacing the the standard one as that one is ugly, and is not spawned on the top layer which is often blocked by bullets or bullet effects. ( You might have seen it already in my halloween script in action ).

Further more I got some textures for stage 1 and also the stage layout on paper.

I updated the first post's progress section which roughly lists the tasks I have to perform to form the game. It is quite a list and I am guessing most of the time will be "wasted" on custom features.

Also I decided it is kind of useless to continue using the original Reimu and Marisa characters in danmakufu. They are bit too dull and there is no power system for them. Therefor I decided to only implement only one shottype of each girl. ReimuA like dnh, homing,  MarisaB spread + laser and Naut's SanaeA snake type.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:54:50 PM by Helepolis »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 08:29:12 PM »
Graduation period is over o/  and guess what that means. More time for Danmakufu o/

And today I have been busy shaping my title screen images. And after plundering hours with UnrealEditor and photoshop. It became this. ( the menu options are fake because I haven't started scripting that yet as it will come at the very end of it all. But I tend to tackle graphics first. Also fontshape / colours will change into groovy stuff. This is just placeholder stuff. )
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 05:21:30 PM by Helepolis »

TheMasterSpark

• Lunatic lemurialist
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 08:39:13 PM »
This is simply going to be oh-so-very-cool. I'm still hard at work to crack your Afro script on Lunatic but I can't wait to see this full release you're planning on. :)

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 09:17:01 PM »
Afro-Hele Should be the Extra Boss.

Lawence Codye

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 10:50:29 PM »
And today I have been busy shaping my title screen images. And after plundering hours with UnrealEditor and photoshop. It became this. ( the menu options are fake because I haven't started scripting that yet as it will come at the very end of it all. But I tend to tackle graphics first. Also fontshape / colours will change into groovy stuff. This is just placeholder stuff. )

But the best of it all is, it is an animating titlescreen. See attachment for a sneak preview.

hot damn, hot damn...I do like what I just saw...
looking awesome so far...can't wait for the finished beyond awesome stuff...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »
I am happy it is starting to take shape. Graphics always put a smile on my face when they turn out good. Because it is a motivation for me. I keep things in harmony because I hate to script danmakufu patterns on a black background with no music. I need it all to be complete to make it feel and play correct.

The best part of this game is, I am scripting it together with Ijiyatsu. So what benefits Dance contest will possibly benefit Ijiyatsu and visa versa ( ofcourse I am not going to blatantly copy over code from Drake or Naut for example into Dance contest ). I plan to make Dance contest scripted in my own style and lend aid to Ijiyatsu.

Today I plan on tackling minor things like title bgm + some more work on the textures for stage 1 and perhaps trying to sprite fairies for the first stage.

Aside from that I am experimenting most of the time with functions and stuff. I got an english test coming up saturday only then I can go into 5th gear and get some serious work done.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 05:47:30 PM »
Serious business is serious business. And Le Swan Ballet restaurant is almost open for business. I am quite satisfied about the textures which I modified quite alot. Also lighting effects suddenly make it more moody. And this was exactly the kind of mood I was looking for. Looking at ZUN stuff really helps understanding things better.

I am going to try to make the spotlights animating on the ground like swaying around a bit, but that will probably show up as a question in the Q&A or so. Also in the meanwhile, updating first post.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:55:57 PM by Helepolis »

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 06:08:40 PM »
This is quite possibly the best looking 3d background I have ever seen for Danmakufu.
Good jod (^.^)=b

(no offense to any other 3d background maker)

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 06:49:48 PM »
HOLY SHIT HELEPOLIS

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 01:13:32 AM »
Holy shit lights.
I can do cool stuff in 3D too. D:

EDIT:
FINE BLUEMOON I WONT POST IT D:<
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 01:41:39 AM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Lawence Codye

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 07:42:35 AM »
This is quite possibly the best looking 3d background I have ever seen for Danmakufu.
Good jod (^.^)=b

Very much this...it's top notch gorgeous...

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 03:16:11 PM »
YYYEEEAAAAH, TOUHOU RHYTHM GAME, Danmakufu STYLE! :dragonforce:
... wait, what? Danmakufu!? *desperately tries installing WinXP for the heck of it*

*notices OP date* Ohp-- This game is under development for some time now? hWow xD

Good jod (^.^)=b
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:29:07 PM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer