Author Topic: 東方宝演舞 ~ Treasured Dance Performance [ version 1.50 released ]  (Read 73423 times)

Nimble

• Broken English Fox
  • Rushing toward the bullet!
    • Viewmix
Re: Dance Contest! Showdown [Full game in the make]
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 01:52:48 PM »
I feel like watching FPS screen instead of shooting for a bit - serious sam or something ...

Good job =w=b

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2010, 05:27:27 PM »
          Groove!
[___________]

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 07:23:08 PM »
Updates ze:

Too bad school starts again in february, so I started changing my building priority. I started working on the most ( personally ) intensive stage 3 which is going to be the cherry on top of the pie. I got nothing to show yet as it is heavy under construction. But updated first post progress, basically the major announcements would be:

Edit info into first post
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:56:47 PM by Helepolis »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2010, 05:25:05 PM »
Old post:
I am proudly to announce that roughly the major construction of stage 3 done. Transitions between the stages are also fully set so the jumping is occurring nicely.

I spend pretty long hours with lot's of music, tea to create something hopefully pleasing. Today I will be touching up some stuff then return probably back to Stage 1 boss scripting. I am kind of exhausted with stage creation that I seriously refuse to see any stage code. I want to work Pierre actually now because his stage music and boss music are all present, thus allows me to finish this.

And I probably got enough to show about Stage 3, but I am not going to show it here. No this isn't tease people but simply because I personally hate showing my work to public before it is actually worth of showing. I in fact, plan on making a preview movie just like they do with games with narration from me and explaining how it all came together. This will be of course done when everything is scripted and working.

Besides, the pretty detailed information given already and one screen shot + an small movie pretty much shows what you can expect visually. About gameplay - - - well, I hope I can please people with this: I never made stage designs before and people are pretty much critical about stage gameplay and such.

Hey I wrote too much again here. Oh dear.

Shameless update:

I noticed people started asking me what the hell happened to Dance Contest. Nothing. It is still there but due to my University life I simply was "forced" to stall it for two months or more. No inspiration means no work getting done.

-Hele
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 12:19:29 PM by Helepolis »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Dance Contest! Showdown [Reboot]
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »
Now that I am finished with my Uni and busy looking for a job. I might waste my time in a "more useful way". Additionally, my trip to Japan somehow inspired and motivated me to reboot my work and finish what I started. Originally I was planning on porting it to Ph3 dnh, however not all functionality seems to be working there and therefore I don't see any critical reason to port over.

Leopold621

• I'm a kitty cat! Meow~ :3
  • The water's evil... I know it... 3:<
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2012, 04:31:28 PM »
 ... Too. Little. Description of gameplay... I'm confused... ???
1. MY CUPCAKE!! 3X<
2. If I say "I don't know how to answer/reply to that..."it doesn't mean what you wrote was wierd (most times), it was that I couldn't get it in my head and/or it was bad grammar included.
3. If I say I don't like your grammar, it's just because I have REALLY hard to read it...
4. Corn oooooooooonnnnnnn the cuuuuuuuuub! *deep breath* Corn oooooooooooooooonnnnnnn the cabub!
5. ... EVERYBODY DANCE NYAO!! >X3

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 06:11:39 PM »
Now that I am finished with my Uni and busy looking for a job. I might waste my time in a "more useful way". Additionally, my trip to Japan somehow inspired and motivated me to reboot my work and finish what I started. Originally I was planning on porting it to Ph3 dnh, however not all functionality seems to be working there and therefore I don't see any critical reason to port over.

I don't think there's any reason for you to port to ph3 anyway because you don't need any of the newer things it gives... except maybe camera shake.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

TwinGhosts

• Touhou ...Fate stay/night style...
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2012, 07:40:32 PM »
Well that's one sweet announcement, I (and alot of people) can't wait to see how the next parts are going to turn out.
but knowing you, you should be able to surpass our expectations  :V
The awkward moment WHEN Focussing can?t really save you anymore...
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9503/touhoulol.png

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2012, 09:41:49 PM »
... Too. Little. Description of gameplay... I'm confused... ???
Gameplay description for a danmaku game? Does that exist?

I don't think there's any reason for you to port to ph3 anyway because you don't need any of the newer things it gives... except maybe camera shake.
I know right. And about the camera is indeed not necessary. Mostly mimicking in the 3D stages anyway and so far working fine.

Well that's one sweet announcement, I (and alot of people) can't wait to see how the next parts are going to turn out.
but knowing you, you should be able to surpass our expectations  :V
That is what I was afraid of :V I'll try to do my best. (Not to mention I also intend some serious "closed beta" testing before making it available but that is all worries for the future)

TwinGhosts

• Touhou ...Fate stay/night style...
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2012, 03:02:40 PM »
I have to say that you also made a great choice of music on your Barman Boss, really catchy.
and the danmakufu are like a '' triple rainbowgasm''.

So that made me rather curious about the music and bullet patterns for the other ones  :V
The awkward moment WHEN Focussing can?t really save you anymore...
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9503/touhoulol.png

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »
Oh wow this game i mean holyshit :*

And then the backgrounds ohhhhh man they're giving me a contact high :*:*

I can't wait for alpha/beta/gamma testing once you guys get the work going.

and since when did dj usagi remind me of guitar maiden orin i mean srsly must be the shades :V
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Dance Contest! Showdown [ Fever is rising, so is my inspiration. ]
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2013, 12:05:01 AM »
That is right, fever is rising. And somehow I collected inspiration again to actually start working on this. "Good for you Helepolis", you might say though some unprecedented (positive) affair has happened which will be for now a secret. I don't want to boast up this game necessary but for me this game has become better. Mainly starting with a fresh look helped me brainstorm lots of new ideas and methods. The results will be satisfying, I will do my best. For the last week I have actually committed a lot of work that I surprised my self. Had to look up a lot of functions again from the wikis and also re-read my own code 10x to figure out what I tried to do. Lots of garbage code around that confuses me, but nothing dramatic.

So yea, I'll probably stick to 0.12m with this game. Porting it over seems at this point of stage for me impossible and 0.12m is pretty fine for me for now. Ph3 offers me nothing what I could use (well, the volume control and maybe smart camera control for stages). But those two don't seem to work well so I'll stick with this one.

I updated the first post with a better overview. There is no major story or huge essay explaining the game. I dislike those so omitted a lot of information and keeping everything more "secret".

Same for the progress info. I dislike it because planning ahead is for me silly. Real life or other unexpected incidents might stall or delay so there is no reason for me to make up a whole planning. When screenshots or information is added, you'll be spotting it in here or on my website.

Speaking of my website, I should probably update it as well. Maybe in two languages, since I do plan on releasing my game in Japanese and English.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:07:55 AM by Helepolis »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Dance Contest! Showdown [ Follow the updates on Twitter ]
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2013, 08:16:21 AM »
I decided my self I should try to let people at least know somewhat how far this project is and how it is going. When it comes down to "showing people", I rather keep it all secret and closed until the game is will go into beta testing).

If you're interested you might want to follow my twitter https://twitter.com/HelepolisH . I dislike social networks in general, and this account of mine is purely intended for gaming purposes or as some might have noticed, random Japanese talk.

"So Helepolis, when is this game of yours is going to be finished or revealed?" Wait, I already shown you people 3 screenshots revealing like the entire game. What else do you want? The full game? Yes it has been in development since 2009. And this is no joke. Remember Stuffman's work? I think we roughly started our projects around the same time. Stuffman though already had a playable demo consisting out of 3 stages. At this moment Stuffman already has 6 stages but not sure why he didn't finish it proper. I should ask the same thing myself, why didn't I finish it?

Well, life is strange and inspiration as well. I had lost my inspiration after 2010 until like 2013 February. The long delay I cannot explain again. But a certain someone gave me a helping hand which had changed my mind and somehow gave me both a feeling of guilt and inspiration. Few people only know who this person is and that person will receive my proper thanks.

Enough of this! Let me just tell you that this project will not go at waste. It won't get shoved away in a corner. I am actually working as much as possibly on it. Mostly on a daily basis and sometimes I leave it for 1-2 days to collect new ideas/inspiration or obtain sources. The biggest problem is finding the right feeling. I design stages in style with passion and feeling. If something looks bad/off, I will reconsider it. Stage 2 actually took different shapes 3 times. So imagine the major burden of doing something with care. Last thing I want to do is release half-ass work with poor looks and gameplay. Everything for me has to be as good as possible, music, sound effects, looks and logically game play.

I really wish I could show you all the little details and things I am putting in this game, but I will save that for a promotional demo video with me explaining the treat the community will be getting. Because not only for the western community, but also for the eastern community I want to show this.

If there are any questions or things you want to know, don't be afraid to ask. I'll try to answer them as much as possible. Thank you for your patience everybody and your contribution as either player or scripter to this community. (  ',')b

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Dance Contest! Showdown
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2014, 09:56:59 AM »
Dance Contest 0.12m → → → Ph3 is a fact.

An update which isn't much of a surprise since the ph3 release is an ignorable fact. Ph3 simply grants more possibilities which are only a plus for my set of levels. Since I am aiming for quality (for several reasons), I prefer to take my time and care a lot.

Without writing too much of an essay, 0.12m to ph3 transition was a nightmare, but I figured it out mostly and currently steam rolling forward. A design of my own boss system (spell circles, transitions) allowed me to instantly set a core for all boss fights. In fact, it could be used by anyone in their own game. This core system delayed everything a bit, but it is called 'core' for a reason. Definitely don't want to have half-assed work.

TL DR: I have some serious plans. I expect finishing up the transitions this month so I can finish up boss #3 which is lacking several spell cards.

Unfortunately, not providing any extra screenshots.  And no, I don't do "alpha version 954394839583748" releases. You get the full thing when it is done.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:00:43 AM by Helepolis »

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2014, 04:41:11 PM »
I would like to ask, to your point of view, seeing as you made your game originally in 0.12m, what specifically was that made you decide to change the engine of your game from 0.12m ro Ph3? Maybe I will do the same thing with my game... It has been in development ever since I joined the forum hahaha... oh, the procastination...
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2014, 05:16:24 PM »
A very good question I asked my self countless times as well.

The biggest concern was whether I could transform the 3D stage drawing. Because 0.12m uses @BackGround/DrawLoop and ph3 no longer had these. I did lots of testing before I started the 0.12>ph3 conversion. If my stages could not be converted without breaking their original looks/mechanics, I would've stick with 0.12m. Thank god my days of testing and mindbreaking sessions paid off. I did had issues moving over in ph3, but that was due to development issues and bugs (like with 3D drawing/stages/meshes). However, those were all covered by bug submissions by various people besides me.

Let me highlight the most important parts of ph3 I researched (besides the above) that made me move over with certainty:
- Running scripts parallel: Multiple scripts can be run and using the @Event system, they can communicate (or with traditional commondata). Therefore I can create a better core system.
- Efficient Object rendering and usage: Possibilities are major increased. I am a person of many effect abuse, therefore this was interesting though not necessary a requirement.
- Package based releases for your game: No more pseudo-menu scripting. You can mimic original touhou games immense. As said, I aim for quality as well and this is a huge plus.
- Advanced camera usage: No more pseudo-earthquake scripting. You can even mimic IN stage 5 now easily! I feel sorry for Blargel who had helped me with a special quake script, but now it is no longer required.
- Advanced sound / music control: More precise looping abilities, sfx, control. My player scripts have special sound effects which always canceled out the music or were unable to be heard. A huge plus for me.
- Overall improved performance of the engine. Even though I will build in "turn off fancy stuff" option like MPP, I would want to have a smooth engine

These made me realise ph3 was going to fit me better than 0.12m, because a lot of things could be easily made. Additionally, it allowed me to rescan all of my scripts/code and immediately clean up my code. I mean, originally my Afro boss was a solo boss from 2009. I have gained a lot of knowledge and understanding over time.

It has been in development ever since I joined the forum hahaha... oh, the procastination...
Well thank god I am not the only one procrastinating. 2009 to 2014.... orz
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 05:25:02 PM by Helepolis »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2014, 10:31:04 AM »
I would like to announce a mile stone being reached in the creation of this game. We all know the story of sudden disruption in inspiration which is extremely fatal for any 'artist'. So I'll save you my life story but bring the news that the conversion from 0.12m to ph3 has been completed. Yes, that is correct: Dance Contest has been reformed in ph3 and from this point on I can continue what was stalled for almost 2 years.

My old code during the conversion has been retouched, which was a bless as from my newbie moments (2009) a lot of the code was cluttered, inefficient and hard to adapt. Some parts were completely rewritten but retaining the originality of the attack. Yesterday night I was extremely excited and pleased to actually work on a fresh new attack for my 3rd boss. Nothing is more beautiful than to see it all coming back to me.

For now, the inspiration is flowing. Let us hope it stays that way.

PS:
This is also the reason why I dropped any tutorial videos for ph3 for now. Eventually I will pick those up again but for now please forgive me as I cannot do both tutorials and my own game at the same time. A tutorial quickly takes 3-5 hours of my time (including video editing, narrating, encoding, uploading). Those 3-5 hours are now invested in progress and idea summoning.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:32:59 AM by Helepolis »

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2014, 03:11:24 PM »
Well, congratulations on picking up the pace once again, Helepolis.  I find... both amusing and amazing that you have finally done the porting after two years, but it's good nonetheless

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2014, 05:09:00 PM »
I thought I'd never see this day but apparently some determination, inspirational music/ideas keeps one going.

I want to announce that all three bosses are hereby done in their singular difficulty form. Meaning if it were to be a boss-rush, it would've been releasable after proper testing. But since this is going to be a half-assed Touhou-game with only three stages, much more work needs to be done. Such as summoning difficulty levels (which is roughly planned so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to adapt). Here and there card tweaking will be required if I am not satisfied.

Stage gameplay next! To be honest I have 0 experience with stage designing (pattern, flows and such) so I'll be studying ZUN's patterns a lot. I have the feeling that stage design will be more rapid than boss designing. Bosses require some flashy nature as it is a spell card battle after all. So the extra mumbo jumbo requires effort scripting. On the other hand, stage design is an important element for Shmups. Nobody wants to play a boring stage just to reach a boss which is nothing meaningful than some flashy effects. Everything needs to be in harmony. Everything.

As the stages themselves are done in graphical forms, all that is left to do is design my enemies, items and script in their order/patterns.

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2014, 10:41:48 PM »
Glad to hear some progress getting done in this game, Helepolis!

After that single boss battle you scripted long ago, and the plot of your game (As silly as a regular touhou, which is a plus), I'm expecting to see what you come up with on your game.

Awaiting Eagerly.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2014, 02:27:18 AM »
As advice on stage design:
1) It will take a lot more revision than bosses, so don't be afraid to separate it into blocks that can be commented out for quicker testing.
2) Don't overuse enemies with high health. If the player can hardly shoot down enemies before they fire, the stage feels less interactive and the player feels powerless. If you must have an enemy like this, complement it with weaker swarms so that the player has something to do besides dodge.
3) For the same reason, avoid overusing danmaku that must be dodged head-on and cannot be navigated around. The player should be rewarded for finding clever ways to clear the stage.

Anyways, I'm glad to see that release is getting closer. It will be exciting to finally play it!

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2014, 04:36:22 AM »
A little off topic, but I am unclear on the third point. If you (or anyone) could clear it up for me, it would be very appreciated.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2014, 02:22:03 PM »
I am also curious about the third point.

Head-on dodging, do you mean danmaku that needs to be streamed?

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2014, 09:22:45 PM »
Stage gameplay next! To be honest I have 0 experience with stage designing (pattern, flows and such) so I'll be studying ZUN's patterns a lot. I have the feeling that stage design will be more rapid than boss designing. Bosses require some flashy nature as it is a spell card battle after all. So the extra mumbo jumbo requires effort scripting. On the other hand, stage design is an important element for Shmups. Nobody wants to play a boring stage just to reach a boss which is nothing meaningful than some flashy effects. Everything needs to be in harmony. Everything.

Interesting articles about shmup game design and cia: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39679
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2014, 12:22:14 PM »
By my third point, I meant dense danmaku that doesn't do anything but force you to stay in place and just (sigh) micrododge, typically ring danmaku. It offers very few options to the player as far as "risk vs reward". It's hard to explain, so instead I'll show examples of good danmaku that avoids this:

1) SA stage 4 has big fairies that shoot amulets that unfold into static or aimed patterns. Advanced players can get close up for additional graze or for more damage against the fairies.
2) DDC stage 3 does have a fairy that shoots a dense pattern of blue orbs, but it's important to note that the bullets don't all spawn at once. There is a tradeoff where you can focus on it to reduce the number of bullets, or focus on other enemies that provide more items.
3) SA Extra has a deceptively simple start with dense rings, but there is a subtle gimmick in play. The big fairies continue to move downwards and shoot, making the situation increasingly risky for the player. Additionally, because the autocollect line is hard to reach here, the player has the option of aggressively grazing so that they can max out their power before Sanae.

I guess now that I think more about it, having dense and boring danmaku is a symptom of a problem more than a cause:  thinking too much about what the enemies are doing and too little about what the player can do in response. Some people make this mistake with bosses, but it's extremely prevalent with stages. Don't design with just dodging in mind, but also preventive shooting and item collection.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2014, 12:45:13 PM »
@ Kaze Senshi, too bad majority of the discussed material is non-touhou (which also is reflected by the posters). Though I can pick some topics that discuss things in general.

@ Lucas I am not quite sure how to exactly place your advice in comparison to official Touhou games. As far as I know, IN Ex stage is one huge memorization + (micrododging)dodging thing.  I understand the difficulty to explain. Perhaps you're referring to luck vs skill danmaku patterns? Since you mentioned circle patterns, these are often spawned straight forward or curving / crossing (if twin circles). Plain static circles expanding don't really force you to stand still. They allow you to stand still. But often circle patterns are mixed with aimed bullets or bullets having a different flight where the static expanding circle suddenly becomes a barrier.

Also you're mentioning "don't design with dodging in mind" sounds like you're either forcing the player to play the stage specifically as intended by the author or giving the player extremely freedom. Then that means that the patterns will be extremely static/fixed so multiple flight paths are possible? The options a player is given depends on what you're giving them to digest. A player will always be dodging, regardless of how you design it as that is the whole point of a stage run in its core gameplay: "Survive to reach the boss".
If we were to take a few extreme examples:
- Waves consisting of homing bullets will cause a player to stream because it is minimum effort for maximum reward.
- Waves consisting of random bullets will cause a player to micrododge as maximum risk is automatically present. RNG is a dangerous tool (was also mentioned in one of the topics by Kaze Senshi)
- Waves consisting of fixed patterns will cause a player to memorize and take optimal flight paths. Risk and reward here is depending on playstyle, as scoring and surviving are styles.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:48:49 PM by Helepolis »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2014, 10:09:03 AM »
Regarding stages:

I've been working on stages for about two years now, from crummy and horrifyingly bad stages in NetLogo to the pitiful stage in TC Extra to PDD and beyond.

I'll share some of what I've realized.

-The stage needs to be balanced for the difficulty. Higher difficulties should change patterns slightly so that the difficulty increases in a way that is not dependent on bullet count or bullet speed. As I replay DEC Stage 4's stage portion, I can't help but think about just how poorly done I made the second half of the stage on Hard and Lunatic - harder difficulties are just excessive bullets flying at unholy angles with no real gain except for extra graze that is impossible to get because the walls of bullets are not done well.
-From Artifact 2, I realized that phases can't be entirely separate. They need to flow together or the stage lacks any kind of rhythm. Also, as said before, too many enemies with a lot of health are bad ideas.

For future reference, my best stage is DEC Stage 2, which was actually pure BS that I threw together. It just happened that many of the enemies worked together very well, with simpler enemies complementing more difficult patterns. This is the aim for early stages - flow and rhythm that keeps the player busy while having fun.

Also, if you feel something is too hard, reduce the difficulty immediately. Don't doubt that gut instinct, or you'll end up like me - changing an enemy in Stage 1 months afterward due to denial about the difficulty of the stage.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2014, 08:58:39 AM »
Although I am not going to judge the final difficulty on my own experience. That would be a terrible decision either way.

I have a set of players I will approach once the game is ready for testing. These are skilled and trusted persons who I believe can provide valuable feedback on stages, scoring and bosses. That way I can apply possible tweaking or change things effectively. Logically this will be a closed 'beta' test when the time is there. Once everything has been 'accepted', it will be a matter of hope.

We shouldn't forget that you cannot please everyone.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2014, 03:17:37 PM »
Since Sunday I have been blasting away my procrastinating nature and happy to announce that Stage 1 is actually ready. A stage game play, stage midboss and stage boss fight is all here. It is as if I am slowly realising my "dream" to finish this bloody game.

Speaking of finishing things: I have to finish this game, as time is ticking. That is right. This game needs to be done before Reitaisai 12 in 2015 is happening. The reason for that: This game will be released at Reitaisai together with a certain well known and precious friend of mine. The very reason I will finish the game is to not disappoint him nor let his reputation harmed! (Maybe a bit dramatic and over the top here :V but you get the point).

So a rush against the deadline has begun. We're almost out of December and May is so close. No time for nonsense or excuses. Whenever I got the time to script and the inspiration to utilize, things like this will happen.

I just hope I don't end up with the classic "high expectations and high disappointment" scenarios. To be honest, my goal with this game is not to show of "The best" fanmade dnh game. No, that was perhaps 4 years ago a silly thought. Nowadays my goal has become entertainment. As long as people are entertained, charmed and stunned then my goal is achieved. The pro-players or score-runners will probably burn my game for lack of mechanics or other valid reasons, but that is all right, since I'll take it all.

Programming on...!

Edit
PS I am shocked that I just realised I unintentionally posted news update almost exact every 3 months. Does that mean that March will be the announcement for the game to be finished? Gaaaah, I hope so!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:20:28 PM by Helepolis »

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2014, 05:51:23 PM »
Sweet news! Ever since the announcement of Touhou 14.5 I have been expecting new danmakus to play, and yours is surely one of those.

So May, huh? Wild guess, but will you try to use the Reitaisai to release your game, by any chance?

As long as people are entertained, charmed and stunned then my goal is achieved.

I agree completely. This should be the motto of every game maker ever