Author Topic: A place to put all your scripts?  (Read 2580 times)

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
A place to put all your scripts?
« on: October 24, 2009, 05:44:17 PM »
I looked through this board to find some Danmakufu scripts, going through 6 pages and only finding about 10 of them... then realized how much easier it would be if there was some place you could upload or link to them and have them all in one place, like replays.gensokyo.org for replays. And this board eats topics after a certain amount of time, which can make things lost forever, further complicating things.

If a sub-section of the site is too difficult, maybe something as simple as a sticky topic that people can post a script in and have the first post edited to include it, as well as a link to the discussion topic for that script? I'm sure this would make things a lot easier than digging through the board when you want to find something, as well as not having your script completely forgotten once it moves past the first few pages.

Drake

Re: A place to put all your scripts?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »
People usually just make their own threads if they make scripts enough to warrant it.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 05:54:16 PM »
I know, but it still seems much more convenient if all the scripts are in one place (in addition to the personal threads - I'm not saying to get rid of those, since they're useful for feedback). Say you want a new player script, but don't now who made one - you have to go through six pages, clicking on every thread that says "____'s scripts" or some variation of that, and hope they have one. With my idea, you'd just need to open the page/thread/whatever and go to the player script section, and you'll have a compact list of all of them. Also, like I said, the board auto-deletes topics after some time (correct me if I'm wrong), so that awesome script that someone made will never be seen again once it gets too old.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 06:02:20 PM »
This is one of the potential uses that the DMF wiki was laid out for, and I agree it'd be nice to have a bunch of content catalogued by type.

I'm gonna go start some pages. Might as well start using the thing again, since it will probably double as a wiki for Musuu no Danmaku in the future.

EDIT: Okay, they're started. Go add your crap! I laid out a format, try to follow it to keep everything looking uniform.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 06:39:10 PM by Stuffman »

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 07:15:27 PM »
Awesome, thanks. That should work perfectly. I never even thought of using the wiki, since I forgot it even existed... hopefully this will help revive it, since it would be great to have everything all in one place (though the Danmakufu section of the other wiki does a good job at that, it's nice to be specialized).