Author Topic: osu!  (Read 41306 times)

Re: osu!
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2009, 01:57:13 AM »
maybe all the MoTK osu players should get together in multiplayer sometime :)
Then I really need to get some beatmaps, I've been downloading individual maps XD. Not sure we all have a common waking time but I guess that's how forum RPG's exist...

I played some easier versions of the beatmaps of my songs and it was actually good practice. I got to #23005 from my previous post in one sitting...

Gpop

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2009, 01:58:39 AM »
k I REALLY need to stop procrastinating and actually extrac it...

...brb doing it.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2009, 02:00:53 AM »
I'd need a better connection to play a MP beatmap decently :P
My position (Haven't played for a long time)... Around 16000.
PS: For those of you playing CtB, go try Marisa Stole the Precious Thing in Hard. You get like 1600 combo in there.

Gpop

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2009, 02:10:26 AM »
Can someone post a link to the Touhou maps? As in, any Touhou packs and/or popular Touhou maps singles that I need if I ever wanted to play with you guys?

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2009, 02:35:40 AM »
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist&s=4&r=0?s=7&o=1&p=beatmaplist&q=touhou&r=0&g=0

...Uh yeah. There's a download limit though, for obvious reasons. There are beatmap packs though, and I do believe some guy made a (somewhat outdated) unofficial touhou pack.

...That was fast. Knew it was in that topic.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CCYG63FE
Doesn't have all the songs, but a good portion of them. Also, the themed beatmap packs aren't too bad.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 02:37:15 AM by EX Na2O2 »

Gpop

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2009, 02:38:18 AM »
Yeah I saw the Beatmap thread, but I'm not willing to download them only for one or two Touhou maps =/.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2009, 03:15:26 AM »
The pack I posted was an unofficial touhou pack made by some guy. Just scroll down page three of the themed beatmap packs thread. It should be there, the post by that guy showing all the songs in the pack.

Also, we should play multiplayer some time, with Kanako too, assuming he isn't grounded for life or something.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2009, 03:22:16 AM »
Just remembered how hard is to play with a touchpad, the only easy part is to do the spinners.

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2009, 01:18:10 AM »
you could always get the Gojou Kai - SECRET SEVEN pack (its in the beatmap packs page). the actual maps themselves are very good, so if you're after good touhou maps, thats a good choice.

Gpop

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2009, 02:12:10 AM »
Yeah I'll check that out.

Meanwhile, I played some of the songs in the Touhou pack. GODDAMN TOUCHPAD DOESN'T HELP AS I KEEP MISSING THE CIRCLES! DAMN IT!

But I'm getting after every round. I'll have to adjust to the mouse/touchpad instead of actually touching the circles, otherwise I'd do A LOT better. But I'm not willing to buy a tablet for this game only =/.

From the rankings I'm already below #50000 in one round of songs. It's fun. I can pass most of the normal songs at least.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2009, 03:48:13 AM »
you could always get the Gojou Kai - SECRET SEVEN pack (its in the beatmap packs page). the actual maps themselves are very good, so if you're after good touhou maps, thats a good choice.
Oh yeah, right, forgot about that pack. They're made by James(at least half of them) though, so they're hard.

I really should go ahead and try "James Training" one of these days.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2009, 03:49:58 AM »
You're a sadist.

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2009, 07:06:05 AM »
You're a sadist.
And I am the masochist

ATM the bug is off but I got this feeling it is coming to come back.
Also I am trying to master 'you' normal (got A)

Edit: YES I mastered 'You' normal Now I am on to the flashlight mod
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:44:39 AM by Tenshi »
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2009, 05:14:33 PM »
Jeez, my computer blows up and the thread just takes off. Anyways, Right before my computer exploded I almost made a Touhou Pack, i was just waiting for 1 or 2 more to be ranked. Now all that work is back on my dead computer.

Anyways, If you guys do at some point play in MP let me know please.

Gpop

« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2009, 07:53:43 PM »
I would play in MP, but I know that I'll get my ass kicked with my skill atm =/.

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2009, 04:12:39 AM »
My goal in osu! is to beat Doomsday93
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2009, 04:13:26 PM »
76 plays - Mizuki Nana - Innocent Starter [Hard]
That took too many tries. Stupid spinner kept killing me if I went into it with low hp. =V

Well, I'm now around 4900th. I should go back and improve a couple of my scores later.

Oh, and if anyone wants to put me in their friend's list, it's "SodiumPeroxide".

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2009, 05:11:22 PM »
I've just gotten it; I've just done Cirno's Perfect Math Class and =NeutraL='s Satori Maiden so far. I'm vaguely worried that it isn't for me, tho ...

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2009, 08:25:58 PM »
Cirno's Perfect Math Class
Don't worry, that one only has several degrees of hard as difficulties.

Gpop

« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2009, 08:41:30 PM »
So I downloaded the SEVEN pack, passed all of them in Normal first try.

Now to try Hard.

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2009, 08:51:23 PM »
*Self-Advertisement*

So uh, incase nobody has seen this yet, I got a Touhou map ranked a while back. I forgot to mention it here though for some reason. It's got a pretty good spread of difficulties, so hopefully it's not too hard for anybody.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/30517

*new post appears*

Oh hey those are difficult, so good luck. I posted a video of me playing all 7 of them a while back.

* Cyclone links again because he likes attention. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMRaCKaGQu0&feature=channel_page

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2009, 02:30:40 AM »
Hmm. I played the Easy version, and I have to say it's pretty good. I gave it an 8.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2009, 03:54:42 AM »
Once I get to 3000th, I'll probably take it easy and try some JAMES TRAINING. I know that "taking it easy" and "JAMES TRAINING" probably contradict each other, but I'll see what happens.

4664th currently.

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2009, 12:11:49 AM »
actually, james training is quite hard, on hard at least. it does what it says on the tin though, theres a little bit of everything in those maps

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2009, 02:44:06 PM »
actually, james training is quite hard, on hard at least. it does what it says on the tin though, theres a little bit of everything in those maps
James training is Full Comboing all the maps on their hardest difficulty. >_> The pack doesn't even bother including the easier difficulties.

That's why I said James Training and Taking it Easy contradict each other;I doubt you can take it easy with James Training. =V

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2009, 05:10:54 AM »
I wish there was some torrent for the beatmap packs... I download 3(yeah, slow internet) and when I look at the site again there's 3 more XD. How am I suppose to download all of them when they multiply like that.

I doing a tad bit better at spinner with notes immediately after, but I now noticed something. My mouse is too small(or my hand is too big), so much so that my pinky finger drags along the right side of the mouse. It's fine on slow songs but moving horizontally(especially to the right) quickly is a bit awkward and I end up missing some notes sometimes. (That or I'm just being a typical gamer and blaming the controls when I suck ;)) Do you guys think it's worth it to buy a mouse?

Gotta remember to add you guys... btw, #17175.

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2009, 05:13:16 AM »
I downloaded all the songs I know.... now there is none left. Also I am doing James Training (ranking: 8000ish)

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2009, 08:04:10 AM »
I wish there was some torrent for the beatmap packs... I download 3(yeah, slow internet) and when I look at the site again there's 3 more XD. How am I suppose to download all of them when they multiply like that.

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1853

Read a little bit in the OP of that thread. They are there. (Apparently there is now one with packs 1-107)

« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »
thread seems to have died again. not good

anyway, i just got kicked out of the Tag Tournament that was going on.

goddamnit White_Wolf

« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2009, 05:02:35 PM »
Maybe because everyone went out to practice?... or got tired.

I don't know go to the forums... so what's the Tag Tournament?

Maybe I'll try that James Training., since I seem to be getting used to the game. I like this osu!, I think I'll be playing it for a long while.... gotta get a mouse, my hand ache at about after 10 songs... Might stop ranking so that I can train offline... or is that too cheap?

Currently #7455 ^_^
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:05:57 PM by linthuslyth »