Author Topic: osu!  (Read 41286 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: osu!
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009, 10:43:20 PM »
which map?

Over the Distance -Hard-

Flashlight+Hidden is a supreme pain, since you can't see the approach circles, and in some beatmaps, that's a very easy way to miss, since the circles are so far apart.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 11:25:54 PM »
Topic seems to have died. That's no good.

I'm 20720. >_>

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 10:30:51 PM »
Topic seems to have died. That's no good.

I'm 20720. >_>
i noticed you in the online users
you're 18k-something now if i remember right

in other news, just fc'd through the fire and the flames expert with a S. go me :D
(on osu, not GH3)

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 11:52:55 PM »
i noticed you in the online users
you're 18k-something now if i remember right
=3

Also, I got my first "S". Hurray! Although its on a 2 star difficulty song. >_>

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 11:00:01 PM »
I got my first "S". Hurray! Although its on a 2 star difficulty song. >_>
well, you gotta start somewhere

it took me a while until i got my first S, but that could have just been because i had a shitty mouse at the time (more like i failed at osu when i started so much that i quit it for about 4 months in frustration)

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 08:45:40 AM »
I forgot to mention to you guys, the first (more like beta than anything else) version of the touhou skin i'm making has been uploaded to the (osu!) forums.

If you have any ideas for that skin, or just and feedback in general, please let me know.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 08:51:58 AM by Cyclone »

Gpop

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 12:26:23 PM »
Oh yeah I forgot about this game.

I guess I should extract it and use the Touhou skin mod =/.

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 08:34:12 AM »
I stuck up a new video which just so happens to be osu! and Touhou related.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2_WDix9HGQ

Enjoy.

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 10:45:28 PM »

Enjoy.
i know you're good and all, but 99.73 accuracy? thats ridiculous

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 08:34:04 AM »

Enjoy.
It's the osu! Community. They all grind the fuck out of a song to get it perfectly, so I know that our fellow Cyclone hasn't ended yet.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 07:30:59 PM »
No bets as to how long before someone uses all the harder mods on it and goes for an XS.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 11:34:53 PM »

Enjoy.
It's the osu! Community. They all grind the fuck out of a song to get it perfectly, so I know that our fellow Cyclone hasn't ended yet.

I'm quite offended, good sir. One thing you must realize is, being the creator of said taiko map, I've put a ton of work into it, and have played it several times to ensure that it is of top quality. (Also, it's not ranked yet.)  :-\

Also, if you look at my play count in comparison to all others around my rank, you can see I'm not one to grind every song I come across. In fact, I have less than half the plays of everybody else in the top 5. Also keep in mind for the past couple months I've put a good number of plays into taiko, which affects your play count, but not your ranking.

Though you do have a point. Those guys do a lot of grinding for some reason. Somebody has requested I play Marisa so many times a day until I FC it, but it's just boring to play it that much. Plus it's very demoralizing to fail a specific part so many times in a row.

EDIT: Hope I didn't come off all high and mighty... Didn't mean to, but I guess I really was more offended than I thought, now that I read over this.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 07:41:37 AM by Cyclone »

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2009, 11:13:14 PM »
For those of you that play osu! and want some more Touhou in it, I've been working on a map of Love-coloured Master Spark that is getting pretty close to ranking (I hope...). Try it out and enjoy!

WARNING: [Magicannon - Final Spark] Difficulty will make you Touhou Rage. Approach with caution.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2009, 11:44:41 AM »
I never really liked osu!  The mouse interface really doesn't fit with the game to me, but a tablet is a rather expensive alternative.  Additionally, I didn't like most of the charts I came across, and I just ended up missing the humorous stories and whimsical feeling of Ouendan. 

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2009, 10:12:07 PM »
I never really liked osu!  The mouse interface really doesn't fit with the game to me, but a tablet is a rather expensive alternative.  Additionally, I didn't like most of the charts I came across, and I just ended up missing the humorous stories and whimsical feeling of Ouendan. 
i see your point. most of the maps for osu! are built with mouse controls in mind, even though some mappers do map in an Ouendan/EBA style.

and yeah. he fact that it is mouse controlled puts off most players, and i can see their point. when i first started playing back in July (one day before i joined this forum no less) i played for about 2 weeks then quit for a good 4 months. i dedcided to try it again around november time and then only started getting into it when i started getting better.

and yeah, i do miss the stories that went along with the songs in Ouendan in osu!. its possible, and has been done, but most people can't be arsed, or just don't know how to do it.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2009, 10:56:21 PM »
And of course, when they make the ouendan maps in osu, the beatspacing is pretty horrible, completely unsuited for mouse use.  Seriously, fuck those maps.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2009, 10:55:13 PM »
i fine the EBA style maps alright, but yeah, the Ouendan maps are shite with a mouse

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2009, 04:32:10 AM »
I installed the game earlier and it's quite fun playing ouendan with good songs. I downloaded Melt from Hatsune Miku and Don't Say Lazy from K-ON. I check the hardest difficulty and I can't understand how it's possible.

Do you have a link for that touhou skin you mentioned earlier? Thanks for showing me the game, never heard about it.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2009, 05:03:38 AM »
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13375

Some of the harder maps are arguably tablet/stylus-only.  Some also have tremendous skill requirements as well as a lot of time.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2009, 09:24:13 PM »

#1 is mine, for now (probably lose it in a few hours, Cyclone is eager to get it back)

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2009, 11:23:44 PM »
Congrats Doomsday.

Also, wut@Mafiamaster's score

And I'm now 6944th. >_>

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2009, 08:25:44 PM »
Cyclone is eager to get it back

Meh, not particularly, it's just that I get yelled at every moment i'm not in first.

* Cyclone shrugs

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2009, 01:41:02 AM »
And then Cyclone was third and Doomsday was still first.

And I'm around 6300th now. Hurray!

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2009, 02:15:28 AM »
I probably need to start playing this again and get better than sodium again. :V ...but I'll wait until after I think of theorist's challenge.

I think I'm like #30000 or something now

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2009, 07:36:14 AM »
WOW  :o didn't know that two of one of the best osu! player were on our forum  :o and I am nuclear and my rank is about 40000 with 84% accuracy.
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2009, 10:48:56 PM »
Finally passed Black Rock Shooter [Hard], after 166 plays. =V Well, at least it isn't as high as the 180ish to pass Broken Moon [Normal], or 200ish to FC Witches' Ball[Normal].

And I'm now around 6045th. =V

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2009, 02:27:23 AM »
There is a bug that lets me stop playing osu! It sucks  :'(
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2009, 03:55:57 AM »
@Tenshi: That sucks... Was it from an update? or is it you haven't updated?

I don't know if it's just me or my mouse but I'm having a hard time feeling where the mouse is. Especially important when there's a note after a spinner... I usually end up missing those, unless I stop spinning..

I'm also curious about the taiko in osu! I'm guessing plays in taiko aren't recorded since it still beta-like or something....

Anyone know any good beatmap packs? I'm unsure what to get... since I need practice.

Anyway, in case anyonre cares. I'm linthuslyth(in osu!). Rank 27,471 as of this post. 87 accuracy.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2009, 05:10:17 AM »
Did you tell peppy about it?

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2009, 08:21:57 PM »
There is a bug that lets me stop playing osu! It sucks  :'(
what exactly happens? i might be able to help

I don't know if it's just me or my mouse but I'm having a hard time feeling where the mouse is. Especially important when there's a note after a spinner... I usually end up missing those, unless I stop spinning..
thats what makes playing osu! with a mouse hard. it just takes practice to get used to it. unless your mouse doesn't work too well (like my old one)

I'm also curious about the taiko in osu! I'm guessing plays in taiko aren't recorded since it still beta-like or something....
Taiko is basically a clone of Taiko no Tatsujin, even though theres been some changes that have made it a little different, such as drumrolls could be button-mashed for points before, and now they have to be done in rhythm.

and Taiko isn't ranked yet, but they will be soon (and Catch the Beat too)

Anyone know any good beatmap packs? I'm unsure what to get... since I need practice.
get them all :V

actually, the best ones to go for are the latest ones, since the latest ones are of better quality than the older ones, but yeah, i still think you should get them all if you can. helps in Multiplayer.

maybe all the MoTK osu players should get together in multiplayer sometime :)

and in other news this guy is giving me a hard time for my #1
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 08:23:48 PM by Doomsday93 »