Author Topic: Azure's scripts (recent: Skies of Insanity, plus Merlin player v2)  (Read 18343 times)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Azure's scripts (recent: Skies of Insanity, plus Merlin player v2)
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2009, 03:05:19 AM »
Arc, the Cyber of Illusions

Ender, the Cyber of Loss

Lymia

All of these are original characters of my own design. I am greatly honored that they have been brought to life in such a superb fashion (especially considering I can't last a second doing programming of any kind, plus the fact that I didn't even ask for this at all!)

I love you so much, Azure! ^_^ (then again, you've already known that for a long time though)
Can't help thinking Ender looks like Wolf (StarFox). Hmm...
EDIT: Aww, you draw so much better than I will.
EDIT: Reminds me, I used to draw like that a few years ago...
Edit: Uaaah I'm so jealous of you~
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:02:51 AM by Always お⑨烏 »

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2009, 08:56:41 PM »
Raibys is doing all the character art for this project, since he's much better at drawing than I am (except for effects, backgrounds and such, which I do on my own). He's been a great friend to me, and I'm glad to have his help for this.

I also have a slightly updated version which fixes an occasional desynch glitch, plus some small visual and sound tweaks. None of it is too important, but you might as well have the latest version...
Edit: I also gave Cirno and Merlin proper hitboxes now that I know that 1 pixel is apparently way too big.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 09:00:54 PM by Azure »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2009, 09:00:39 PM »
Spoiler:
hi, mikayla
ER SORRY SORRY SORRY!!

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 11:11:25 PM »
Hm, some questions to everyone. In the full version, I'm planning to have everything in one script (well, two, but I'll get to that later). Should I code my own spell practice - which would keep everything in one place, be more streamlined, easier to navigate, allow me to keep history, etc. - or just do what everyone else does and keep the single scripts in the folder too? The only downside to this that I can see is there would be no individual replays.

One more thing that I'm a lot more sure about but want feedback anyway... I'll include two stage scripts in order to run everything. The first one would essentially be the "main game," with all stages, practice, dialogue, character selection in-game, etc. The second one would be "free" mode where you could choose any character in your directory, but there would be no dialogue (of course), plus your achievements wouldn't go towards unlocking Last Words and such (maybe... I might allow that anyway).
My second option was to just check if the character you select is one of the "supported" ones and, if not, set it to free mode. That's probably easier from a coding standpoint, but it seems less professional, plus I can't give as much info about how the characters work that way (or use the awesome selection screen I'm thinking of).

Any thoughts on either of those?

Nimble

• Broken English Fox
  • Rushing toward the bullet!
    • Viewmix
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 07:32:53 AM »
Individual replay and custom game system have their own good.
I don't know this can be done or not. How about config text file that can bypass to play specific stage/spell card like Phantasm Romance?
But instead of directly bypass, set some common data require to make that stage/spell card run. If not, they'll end with some message that tell user to clear theirs condition first.

If code script don't take so long to load. I'll fine with code script. :)

Another thing, I agree with two stage script too.
If second option will check player character type, that mean you can't practice with "supported" character.

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2009, 07:42:54 AM »
I don't know this can be done or not. How about config text file that can bypass to play specific stage/spell card like Phantasm Romance?
But instead of directly bypass, set some common data require to make that stage/spell card run. If not, they'll end with some message that tell user to clear theirs condition first.

If code script don't take so long to load. I'll fine with code script. :)

So instead of an in-game menu to select the card to play, you'd have to edit a text file? That's kind of awkward, but if you want to just practice one spell, I guess I could do that so you can save replays easier. I could probably use both methods - normal practice through the menu, or add an option to skip to the specific spell you want. I'll see what I can do.

Another thing, I agree with two stage script too.
If second option will check player character type, that mean you can't practice with "supported" character.

Well, both scripts will have all the same options (main game, stage practice, spell practice, etc). But the non-restricted character script bypasses the character selection (since you choose before you start) and all the dialogue. That's the only real difference.

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2009, 12:28:16 AM »
No new scripts, but a small update (and I need some advice). First, I still need some feedback on my last post, about having a single script run everything and how I should handle it.

Second, some very basic story info. Vector (not the one from Sonic) is the leader of the cybers, a group of "robots" (including Ender and Arc) that are, to put it shortly, trying to destroy the universe and create a new one. To create a new cyber, he can capture someone alive and transform them, wiping their memory and changing their body. Now, of course, the more powerful the being, the better a cyber it makes - and Vector just discovered Gensokyo, where obscenely powerful demi-gods are the norm.

Playable characters are Raibys, Lymia, Nhimor, Reisen, and Utsuho (I don't need to provide pictures for the last two, I assume), possibly with one more. They all have their own reasons for trying to stop Vector, but it all leads them to the same place.

The tentative title for it is "Another World's Chaos". Of course, for a traditional Touhou name, you need the three-syllable Japanese subtitle as well - and that's another thing I'm asking for help with. I don't know Japanese, so if anyone has any ideas, then go ahead and say.

That's it for now. Based on what I'm hearing in #danmakufu, I'm apparently some sort of god right now, so thanks for everyone's support, and I hope this lives up to your expectations...

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2009, 01:05:25 AM »
The tentative title for it is "Another World's Chaos". Of course, for a traditional Touhou name, you need the three-syllable Japanese subtitle as well - and that's another thing I'm asking for help with. I don't know Japanese, so if anyone has any ideas, then go ahead and say.
東方観動則 (Touhou Midousoku)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:10:57 AM by Always お⑨烏 »

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2009, 01:45:31 AM »
Well, what does it translate to? That part's important too, heh.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2009, 02:25:37 AM »
Finally got around to trying that stage demo. Great presentation, looks promising so far.

Most importantly, you did something I was really interested in seeing, which is the Nightmare Zone effect; that is, the camera is focused on the player, allowing you to move around and see outside the normal boundaries of the screen. It feels like it makes the playfield a lot bigger. I'd really like to see a whole game done in that style (not that anyone would bother to go through with that in Danmakufu...might be more feasible with Musuu's object-oriented approach).

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2009, 02:51:46 AM »
Well, what does it translate to? That part's important too, heh.
Well, can't you just run it through the translator? That's pretty easy, ze.

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2009, 02:53:30 AM »
Well, can't you just run it through the translator? That's pretty easy, ze.

You could just uh, tell him, since online translators are extremely inaccurate.

Dynamic View of Law is what I got.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2009, 03:18:14 AM »
Nimo looks sorta, um...

Anyways, who will be the extra stage boss (and midboss for that matter)?

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2009, 03:27:18 AM »
Extra boss and midboss you'll have to find out yourself. Isn't that half the fun? Neither of them are Touhou characters, but some of the stage 1-6 (mid)bosses are. I don't have everything planned out 100% though, so who would you like to see?
Also, you completely ignored us asking for a translation.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2009, 03:31:57 AM »
Extra boss and midboss you'll have to find out yourself. Isn't that half the fun? Neither of them are Touhou characters, but some of the stage 1-6 (mid)bosses are. I don't have everything planned out 100% though, so who would you like to see?
Also, you completely ignored us asking for a translation.
Changing View Law
How many patterns did you make, and who is the very first boss?

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2009, 03:55:11 AM »
I made all the patterns I've posted here, plus a few more. The first boss will be Ender again, since he's the weakest of the cybers, but I like him enough to use him twice.

Also, I didn't like the sound of "Changing View Law," so after some messing around with a translator: 東方機械力 - Touhou Kikaichi, which (if I did it right) translates into something like "mechanical force." It sounds cool and fits the theme, so I think I'll go with that.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2009, 04:09:41 AM »
I made all the patterns I've posted here, plus a few more. The first boss will be Ender again, since he's the weakest of the cybers, but I like him enough to use him twice.

Also, I didn't like the sound of "Changing View Law," so after some messing around with a translator: 東方機械力 - Touhou Kikaichi, which (if I did it right) translates into something like "mechanical force." It sounds cool and fits the theme, so I think I'll go with that.
Oh, I ended up with Kikairyoku.

EDIT: How many patterns from here are you going to use for Kikaichi/Kikairyoku?

EDIT: Eh, should I screw Touhou Akuukyou and help you with Kikaiti/Kikairyoku?

EDIT: Will Raibisu/Riimia/Reisen/Utuho/Niimo be fought as stage 4 boss?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 04:26:42 AM by Always お⑨烏 »

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2009, 04:57:53 AM »
Me and Raibys are doing this on our own. Coordinating anyone more than that isn't worth it, no offense. As for stage 4, I already have something planned. You won't fight any of the player characters, though.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2009, 05:22:34 AM »
Me and Raibys are doing this on our own. Coordinating anyone more than that isn't worth it, no offense. As for stage 4, I already have something planned. You won't fight any of the player characters, though.
Oh, ok. Which reminds me, I should probably get myself a partner for Touhou Akuukyou.

edit: be looking forward to playing.

EDIT: Oh, and about the Rimia boss, why does the bgm sound like it was sung by (Hatsune) Miku?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 04:37:26 PM by Always お⑨烏 »

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2009, 07:16:33 PM »
It's Rin, not Miku. They're both vocaloids so it sounds similar, though. Also...

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2009, 10:06:55 PM »
It's Rin, not Miku. They're both vocaloids so it sounds similar, though. Also...

Oh. It's Rinnnnnnnnnn.
*Parsee mode go!* OMFG I LOVE THE PIC

EDIT: I just played Mother 3 again and guess what? Vector's cybers ~= Porky's chimeras.
Edit: I expect Masked Miko.
Edit: Or, maybe not...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 02:52:20 AM by Always お⑨烏 »