Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts.  (Read 9738 times)

Marly

Kingdom Hearts.
« on: May 03, 2009, 10:55:28 PM »
Epic game series is epic.

Anyone else have any of them? If not, it's basically about a 14 year old with a giant key that kills Heartless (Beings without hearts), and is trying to stop Organization XIII, 13 (now 14) Nobodies (A shell of a heart)

The rest is extremely complex and confusing unless you've actually played it. D:

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Kingdom Hearts.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:00:27 PM »
extremely complex

That said, I did thoroughly enjoy both KH games.  Their fanbase is fairly rage-inspiring, however...

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 11:02:06 PM »
Yea, it still can be better though, like actually for a long non-repeated story for each world instead of done in 2 hours.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 11:10:26 PM »
I have the 1st, 2nd and the Chain of Memories port on PS2. I liked the 1st 2 but the other one kinda pissed me off.

I hate card battle systems.

The Astral Pancake

• Lurker McLurkington
  • ZOT

shinyjam

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 11:22:56 PM »
I hate card battle systems.
Not really card battle, is more like you are limited to only do this many attack at certain amount of time. For once, is not about rapid pushing the X button.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 11:28:56 PM »
Not really card battle, is more like you are limited to only do this many attack at certain amount of time. For once, is not about rapid pushing the X button.

The only time I ever hated the card battle system was when I had to face Riku Replica in Twilight Town (in Reverse Rebirth, where you're stuck with a folder, and the Replica seems to CARD-BREAK YOU RIGHT AND LEFT because of your CRAPPY LEVELS). Otherwise, I actually enjoyed it to death -- remember, kiddies, the Jafar card is your FRIEND, as are 0 cards -- though my previous background with MMBN (and The Sacred Cards, YGO's RPG with the crummy 'card point' system) probably helped.

Other than that (Chain of Memories for the GBA), I haven't really played too much of KH. Of course, my friend Mikie, on the other hand . . . 1) has both KH and KH2, 2) is the one who let me borrow his KH:CoM, and 3) is pretty damn good at each game (though I've amusingly enough got him beat in terms of playing CoM's card system like a well-tuned pipe organ).
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 11:45:49 PM »
Oh gah, people are going to hate me for this, but I ENJOYED both version of Chain of Memories more than KH 1 and 2.  I'm just into heavy customization of your arsenal, I've built a totally spell deck, I've built the infinite key combo deck, I've built the deck that only has healing (it sucks), I've built the Disney characters deck, I've built the Riku wannabe deck, etc.

Meantime, KH 1 and 2 are really, really two button mashers no matter how I look at it.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 11:51:20 PM »
Oh gah, people are going to hate me for this, but I ENJOYED both version of Chain of Memories more than KH 1 and 2.  I'm just into heavy customization of your arsenal, I've built a totally spell deck, I've built the infinite key combo deck, I've built the deck that only has healing (it sucks), I've built the Disney characters deck, I've built the Riku wannabe deck, etc.

Eh, I don't hate you for it. Hell, the customization is 90% of why I enjoyed Chain of Memories so damn much! (The other 10% was the fact that it was Kingdom Hearts, meaning I could mace all my favorite villains in the face -- sorry, Hook, but I don't want your stinkin' presents!)
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Drake

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 11:53:36 PM »
Chain of Memories is better than the main games tbh.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Marly

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 12:13:33 AM »

Meantime, KH 1 and 2 are really, really two button mashers no matter how I look at it.
I actually agree, the only times when you need spells in either of the first two games is casting Cure and Reflega. :| And in KH2, you barely even need Reflega :\

Still, the story's pretty epic for all 3 games.

shinyjam

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 12:16:29 AM »
I am sure everyone here loved KH regardless of a few complaints here and there.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 12:18:59 AM »
I am sure everyone here loved KH regardless of a few complaints here and there.

I know that's true in my case. I actually like the first one a little better. I found it a bit more challenging because it didn't have the triangle inputs, which IMO make 2 very easy. But 2s plot was better, and Organization XIII are cool if you can just tune out the yaoi fanfics.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Elixir

• I am an insufferable jerk.
    • タンブルウィード
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 01:26:13 AM »
Sadly, this series died after the first game. KH2 took way too long to get released (2002-2005 gap wasn't it?) and by that time I lost interest.

It would help if they stuck to a single platform, too:

PS2 -> KH1 Remix -> Cellphone -> GBA -> PS2 -> KH2 Remix -> KH2 Remix+ -> Cellphone -> NDS -> PSP

Good god.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 01:42:17 AM »
my take:

Any game that lets u see how bad ass Old Sephy-chan was and you could still win reasonably is a good game.

Honestly, i played KH just to kick his butt! KH 2 is harder imo due to the Reaction button but that's just me.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

shinyjam

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 01:43:53 AM »
Strange, reaction is like my break time lol.

Zbo

• Seeker of truth
  • A guy.
    • Monkey's Forest... lulz
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 10:30:44 PM »
Anyone got 358/2 days?

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 01:12:49 AM »
Kingdom Hearts II isn't a game, it's a movie.

Chain of Memories actually peeved me a bit, the battle system was fun and I liked the strategy, but I LOATHED the dungeons and the card door system. It was just way too annoying to deal with. Especially as you get farther in the game where dungeons just get stupidly long and incredibly enemy infested.

Overall, out of the three games, my favorite is probably KHII. Sure, it's pretty easy and doesn't take too much effort to clear (unless you make a spellcaster Sora, which is horrible in either game), but it's fantastic in the epic movie feel that it has. Some of the boss fights and cinematic attacks are just amazing to watch and experience.

Hence why I say that KHII is *not* a game, but an interactive movie.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 01:27:31 AM »
After reading it...
358/2 Days' plot is utter BS. Specially the bit dealing with Xion.

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

• Doing >9000 Barrel Rolls
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 02:36:00 AM »
After reading it...
358/2 Days' plot is utter BS. Specially the bit dealing with Xion.
Really?
I gotta have something for my sig, so...

Zbo

• Seeker of truth
  • A guy.
    • Monkey's Forest... lulz
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 02:44:06 AM »
Utter bs you say? Hmm now that's interesting to see.

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 05:59:21 PM »
Played KH2 for a while...But the fad's mostly gone. I don't see why KH is pulling a George Lucas on us and trying to extend the franchise.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 04:45:55 PM »
because they've hit on something that makes them money

hence the countless portable remakes
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.