Author Topic: Let's Play King of Dragon Pass  (Read 14761 times)

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
Let's Play King of Dragon Pass
« on: May 03, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
Warning: The following game have lot of TEXTS. Although you can skip most of it or it is VERY interesting to read.

Name: [PC/MAC] King of Dragon Pass
End: When we win
Genre: Turn-Based strategy + construction and management simulation +role-playing
Description:
Source: Wikipedia
King of Dragon Pass is a 1999 computer game published by A Sharp. Set in the fictional world of Glorantha, it depicts the lives and fortunes of one of several barbarian clans, settling the untamed lands of Dragon Pass over the course of several decades. The clans bear some similarities, such as fyrds and lawspeakers, to the Iron Age Nordic peoples.

The most distinctive features of the game are its greatest oddities. KoDP contains no animation whatsoever, instead depicting people and events with lavish hand-drawn artwork.

King of Dragon Pass IS a cult classic, it have heck loads of stuff for you to manage from army, food, god worship, slave, magic, world exploring, candidate/adviser/hero, tribe, diplomacy with others, and over 450 (yes 450) events (mostly random).

FAQ
How are you going to play this game?
The first few update will be me playing around while you watch and learn like a tutorial before we start. I will be playing this at normal difficulties with iron man style (No reloading game to get better result).

Do we get to play with you?
Yes, I plan to role-play as the outer GOD of our clan and you all will be other gods who give suggestion for me to implant. And as all gods do, you don't need active participation on the clan, just come offer your divine words when you feel like it.   :P

How will you present the event/information to us
I will roleplay all advisers and translate most of their praise/complaint with personality and add any detail I feel you need to know. However, since most event is random and can't be saved, I will pick the solution base on our overall clan's personality instead of best choice and report to you all. Exception would be if the choice have a big impact, which I will load and ask your decision.

What kind of humor will you be using?
Actually, I will try everything when is appropriate unless some of you really really want me to stop the over meme joke, etc. If any of you choose our clan to be a War type clan, I wish you suggest to be named something like SPARTA!!!!!!  :club:

I also will break the forth wall a lot, god power, don't ask.  ;D

What if our clan got wipe out and lose the game?
I don't think there is a game over, all the clan I beaten and taken all their land are all ended up living in the swamp with those...duck people...  :P

What is the game winning condition
When we finish the story, which we can delay indefinably. 8)

450 events? Got some example?
I decide to copy and mix the 1.6/7 patch note to show you the interesting stuff and avoid spoiling :p
    * Don't give Sacred Time advice to allocate 0 magic to children
    * Prevent a negative number of horses [3116]
    * Re-exploring Dwarf Valley won't always give the same results [3117]
    * Fixed problem where no children were born
    * Prevent integer overflow for food, pigs [3119, 3125]
    * Fixed possible crash sacrificing to Vinga in a scene
    * Losing wildlands because you split the clan won't annoy the fox
    * Fixed possible crash involving the Black Spear [3129]
    * The Making of the Storm Tribe heroquest, used to improve the mood of the tribe, now adjusts some of the political relationships between clan [3130]
    * Jealous king scene won't show up when there's not yet a tribe [3132]

What should we do until then?
Umm...maybe look up google and wiki about the game. DO NOT READ GAMEFAQ and spoil yourself! Also, most of it are accurate but not precise.

I can suggest anything?
Yea, just tell me what you want, I will accept Evil suggestion from EVIL god like you too. If it's the majority or really good.

How often is the update
That would depend on how often people participate, if it less, I will spend more years on the clan before reporting.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 02:53:25 AM by shinyjam »

shinyjam

Re: Let's Play King of Dragon Pass
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:43:30 AM »
Prelude

Hello there, fellow god and goddesses. I sure you all had notice our the situation where there is mass migration of human to our land of Dragon Pass recently; However, they are separate to dozen of clans. This is a once in a life time gold mine!

Imagine the potential landmine! Different principality are gathering all in one place along with our native Elf, Drawf, Duck people, Spider Queen, and the one I stopped toying with which I had long forgotten.

However, They also bring along their religion, which irate me to no end! This land is our Turf! We shall be their god!  8)

However, I will let it slide since I am interest to see what magical power those foreign gods possess. In an attempt to do this, I contacted with this group of people that just about to settle down to form their clan, and they all brainwashed agree to let me manage their clan, and even change their name, belief, etc. How nice!  :-*

Here is their story for those who are interested.

There was a time where--WHAT!?! GOD AND PEOPLE WALK TOGETHER!? SUCH BLASPHEMY! And everything is peacefully boring with Orlanth the Storm God being the leader. :x

During this time, the our clan's ancestor happen to finally decided which god they want to be their main god. I can understand since everyone in the clan will act differently when they follow the value of that god.
(They also build a shine/temple related to their god the moment the clan is settled)

1) Elmal: The sun god, skill in Combat (defensive, good for Neutral Clan)
2) Orlanth: King of gods, Combat and leadership. (Offensive, good for War Clan)
3) Ernalda: Mother Goddess, she care for many things like crop, baby growth, etc.(Perfect for Peace Clan)

Then some shit happen and Orlanth is force to remake the world, which I call it bull sh--HOLY GREAT KITTEN CANNON!!! THAT'S WHY ALL MY CUTE DINOSAUR IS GONE WHEN I AWAKE!!!!   :'(

It seem our clan did something famous during this time, where they plan to honor their fameinvolvement with the god by immediately build the respected shrine when they settle down.

Here explain the story about how their ancestor major decision in dealing with Thralls: In our term "Slave".

The village elder warn me about their mortal enemy, and then urged me to heard the story, which I decide to ate him as an afternoon snack...I am hungry.

Somewhere along the way, they are fucked up by a bunch of Chaos and darkness evil monsters. SEE WHAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU KILLED ALL MY DINOSAURS? YOU NOOB GOD!

One of the previous king decide to rise up and get rid of the mess. It was this time that the king had to choose what type of law he should make to decide the overall attitude of the clan. (war clan mean your clan will want you to attack someone once in a while or they won't be happy, along with other event)

Problem solved, everyone then go to wake up those pussy gods who decide to sleep over the problem.

The god seem to learn their lesson and decide to go back to their heaven and let the human handle things from now on; However, they are available to help anyone if they ask for it in ritual...as long as the offering is good.  :help:

Few hundred years later, the dragon suddenly decide to make friend with you. Wait...my cute dinosaurs survived and evolve to dragon? I...I don't know to said...  :'(

It seem the dragon decide to go Jihad on every enemy which is the reason of the great exodus to Dragon Pass.  >:(

Pharaoh's ancestor came here before everyone did, and I didn't really bother with them since they are boring. But now I might make some poor soul explore the map to find them when I feel like it.

So--How much land should I let them claim before someone else take it? Big land would mean we need more patrol or other clan will easily sneak up on our clan, but it will also be a bad situation to run out of land to expand.  :(

So, here is a random summery of our clan. Decide the name, and we will be playing an Averagely Long bloody game with all these poor poor souls.   8)

I when ahead to look at other clan; here an example of their village and stuff they have. As you can see, They have lot of animal, crop, and fortification of wooded fences!

I didn't brainwash these people, just nicely asked them to stand in front and let me take a nice photo of them with my--Charming spell. All clan will decide every year how much magic they will inject into the given categories for  a boost. Worshiping and certain god's candidate in the ring can increase the amount we can spend on these categories.

Interestingly, every year they will have a divine prediction of what will happen this year, which this clan is suck horribly at. More or less? Phail!

Such pathetic clan should be punished! So I brainwash them to make their clan name become Tree Brothers. I hope they have wood problem! Wuahahahahha!!!

Here is their farming menu, stat and management about crop and animal is here. Adviser will give comment when you ask them.

Here when I can choose to manage in order:
Farming - Food, crop, land.
Relation - Relationship list of other clan, we can send ambassador to fix up some hatred.
Trade - Trade anything from food to treasure. Treasure provide bonus so is good to have a lot of it.  : D
War - Manage weapnthanes, footmen, build fort, attack someone, etc.
Clan - Just stat about our clan.
Magic - Sacrifice and worship god, or do heroquest, which will give good boost or treasure when we succeeded. However, it is VERY dangerous.
Background - History of the world and the god story you collected. Good hint for what to do in heroquest.
Saga -Our clan history record. Mostly about what we did at what year.

I will explain most of these when we are settle down.

Here the exploration map, just a small part of the whole map with lot of unexplored area. You can see other clan relationship with our clan, blue is friend, red is enemy.

We can send one of our candidate to explore with some Strong weaponthanes and lesser footmen on his journey. Exploring is dangerous, so try not to kill them all when I am still entertained.   8)

This stone here just to tell us what blessing we got on each topic.

Here is the list of candidate that we can put on adviser for Tree Brothers. Please choose carefully because they also will be the one to do the exploring, solving problem, and heroquest; each of them have different strength and weakness, and the yellow icon on the right is the icon of the god he/she worship, which affect a few things. The First guy with the extra icon mean he the leader, which give better boost and affect few more things.

Finally, I picked one of the glossary that you might be interested, but not require to know.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 11:45:50 AM by shinyjam »

shinyjam

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 11:47:13 AM »
Prelude 2 : Introduce Gods to Gods
It's so cold today, I might need to nap for another 3000 years......but I must not, for It is too interesting right now!
Wha....where am I!? Why can't I see anything!?
Hello there human, I am one of the local god of this land, but to avoid confusion, you may refer me and other like me as Outer God. It is not that you cannot see, but your eyes can't understand how to see in my domain.
Why have you bring me here oh great Outer God?
Since your kind has intrude into our land, it's only normal to try and understand you and your gods more. You are here today to tell me about your gods--but skip their epic stories...I had enough with those.
My apology, but it is our clan's custom to introduce and known each other well enough before we share our secret with outsider, and I can't promise to reveal much as I am merely an old elder who once a lowly cat butcher.
*TICK* Wha...? Ca--Cat...Butcher? :shock:
Ah... if only I have my tools and the hunting hounds! I would offer you a fine dish of such fine delicacy that had made me famous!
You...back to previous topic, I will tell you my name, but your human kind's lung are incapable of producing the necessary voice, which is why all outer god had a nick name for that purpose. You may call me Shiny-Jam, although I been thinking of Obama-cat....it had such a C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COOOOOMBO BREAKER!!!! Vibe to it, but it would be trouble some to change name.
Oh Great Shinyjam! Ye Outer Gods had such strange term that I do not understand! I wage you are very powerful indeed!
We are all powerful and busy to do things like...umm...like...paying taxes, procrastinating, and... taking a dump!
I do not understand all of it! But it must be very important!
Yea, especially for taking a dump, it is the most important of all and require GREAT STRENGTH to succeed!
Oh Powerful Shinyjam! Now you have revealed yourself you to me, as custom, I should hereby reveal my knowledge of our gods and even our culture to you!
Tell me the god's name and their power will do.
Very well, I shall keep it in diminutive description....basically, each god can grant 2-5 blessings, we can build a shrine of the god to constantly receive such blessing or improve it into temple or great temple for 3 blessing! But maintaining the temple is quite costly, so we usually just offer 3-5 cow or 5-10 goods or so to perform the ritual in exchange for that certain blessing for a year.

Having follower of certain god as adviser will allow us to put more magic into their respected categories.

Orlanth are the King of gods, he share his leadership to increase our effectiveness in battle! He also bless us with rains for our crops.

Elmal the Sun God, he's blessing had saved so many young one's life!

Ernalda, the mother goddess, crop, children, livestock flourish under her care!

Humakt, the god of death, he have to power to strengthen our men in battle!

Issaris, the trader god, trading will be more profitable under his blassing!

Lankor Mhy, the god of clan law, our ambassador become a smoother talker under her guidence!

Chanlana Arroy, Goddess of Healing, as her name imply, she can heal deadly wound and disease!

Uralda, the cow mother, she had two blessing of increase the birthrate of cow and yielding more milk. (Cow is the Best currency for trading)

Earmul, the trickster god, he is a double edge sword in blessing or cursing. Having a adviser who worship him is powerful but trouble some as it is his principle to betray us once in a while.

Other/evil god
Maran Gor, the earthquake goddess. Do as the name said.*

Vinga, goddess of female warriors. Female warrior will be stronger!

Malia, the goddess of sickness and plagues.*

Thead, the goddess of rape. There is little mention of her and we cannot worship her.*

Barntar, the plowman. Great god for crop.

Ancestors, ancestor's ghost who is respected by everyone in the clan.

Spirit, there are few local spirit that some clan might be lucky enough to discover and create a shrine for it to worship.

*no candidate worship it

Thanks you for the information.
You're welcome oh great Shinyjam.
There is another reason I bring you here, can you guess what it is?
I have been chosen for certain epic quest for glory!?
Hahahahaha....no...haha...no...Old people taste good.
Wah....*CHOMP*

Nom Nom Nom...

To be continue.....
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:11:43 PM by shinyjam »

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 11:50:57 AM »
Oh joy, another LP!

Well, I'm not totally clear on how the game works, but I'll just watch and see.  Regardless, when playing game like this, I follow these first three steps always:

-Stabilize food supply
-Train some fighters
-Go explore and find stuff

And Humakt, HECK YES.

shinyjam

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 11:53:28 AM »
Well I could skip my Tragic preludes and start the game if everyone feel like they don't need to see my suffering tutorial. ;D

Edit: If the eating hand image is too much, I will take it down and won't do it anymore  :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:13:14 PM by shinyjam »

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »
The way I often look at it, it's better to ease the watchers in as you play the game.  We don't need to assume command from the start.

shinyjam

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 12:29:44 PM »
True, and so the painful preludes continue.

shinyjam

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 10:32:31 PM »
Prelude 3 : Meet the Candidates
So I decide to change the clan name to Tree Bro since this place is pretty urban.

Half of it are children, which have to wait for few years before that become useful...or old enough to be tasty.
Pardon my intrusion, the new candidate you chosen are here.
Ah Darndrev, the leader of the candidates...remind me again what you candidates do?
The seven candidates including me who will be your assistance in managing this village while also participate in any war, event, and ritual if you wished. when I inquire you about it, you are dissatisfy with the previous candidates, so you told me to change it for you.
Ah yes, and I recall I will be the one to have the last call of judgment in any event?
Yes my lord.
And you probably gotten lot of "gifts" to help you decide on the candidates?
NO....umm...they just own me some cow and just happens to return it...all at the same time.
Oh well, evil refill my power, so I don't care. Now bring them in one by one, I will see how evil good they are!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heiiiiy~~~how are you doing? My pretty precious munchy munchy? My name is Arnbord, people call me little garlic~~  :D
...Who let this gay crown in?
My lord, he is one of the candidate who worship the Trickster god Earmul. They are...tricky and twisted...both in mind and soul, however, they can easily get us out of "tricky" situation and usually send it to trouble other clan.
That's right baby, I make all your trouble go A.W.A.Y.~~~~~ :-*
...I will give him a try, but there must be a catch to this aside of his annoying personality.
Well...it is he's religion to...betray us from time to time, but usually in a safe way.
...fair enough, not like I plan to stay long in this tutorial clan
Pardon?
I said bring the next candidate.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...the name's Rastorlanth... worship Lankor Mhy ...clan's negotiator.
You...are not so talkative for a negotiator...
...that's how it works.
...did you win any talking competition or some similar feat?
...I won the soup drinking contest two years ago.
  ...You have more dots then me, you are qualify.

The name's Derik, worshiper of Elmal the sun god, I love animal, especially dog...love to eat them too.
You pass.

I am Dakkold, follower of Humakt. Ready to chop off someone legs any times.
You pass.

To be continue...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 10:48:20 PM by shinyjam »

shinyjam

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 03:29:46 AM »
Prelude 4 : LOOOOOVEEEE!~~~
Alright, bring the next...
My lord, Estavos of the Oak Trees clan wish to meet you.
Huh? What the hell with all these hippy clan name? Oh well, I will meet the others later.

Please let me marry Enothea! My heart lust for her eternal beauty!
LOOOOOVEEEE!~~~
...Your face didn't look that happy...and someone please escort the trickster out of here.
Ohh...you are no fun!
Pardon me, I ate some strong lemons while waiting.
I agree, this will improve our clan relation and earn a few cow worth of gift! I here by...
COUGH COUGH!
Wh...what is it my lord?
I believe you said, I decide EVERYTHING.
But...but...she's MY daughter!
well, this is a good deal, free gift and improve relation. I approve.
Thank you for your blessin...
AFTER you gave us twenty more cows.
What! That's too much! I can't afford that much!
Don't you love...what her name?
...Enothea.
Yes...yes ewothea...is worth twenty cows plus the gifts you bring.

This is obscure! I will not bow down to such greed! My love! Wait for me! We shall be together till the end!
...wops.
Good going idiot!
...Hey at least she will stay being a Virgin! Hurray!
...Let's move on to the rest of the candidate.

Next time...More interruption...

shinyjam

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 04:24:21 AM »
Prelude 5 : Cave and Wyrm! Dice Roll!
Alright, bring the next...
My lord, 2 days ago I had send a scout to explore the unknown mountain near us and he send a message to us showing the location of...

A dragon Wyrm cave? You guys have any suggestion?
We should leave it alone, we should stay neutral in our affair with any link to dragon kinds.
Let's chop some wyrm stew!
Do share a big chuck for me!
Noooo! We should show it some love!~~~~
...I will do the opposite just because you..
...I like wyrm soup.
Yes?
I have a better plan. Derik, go into the cave and look for some treasure!
What!? You are sending an animal loving harmless old men into an dangerous animal cave and stealing it's hard earned treasure?
Anything wrong with that?
HAHAHA! I like your twisted sense of logic! Fine! I probably never have a chance to do something like this if we have other leader!
...I will miss you old men.
Oh I will miss you badly, yet my other self are enjoying it!
I will cook your a nice steak if you made it back alive!
Alright, this old men is going in!

*One hour later*

I am back! You won't believe what I did!

...I don't fucking believe this...there's no way...
But I do! Look at these goods that I won!

My lord, Derick had won 15 goods, which increase our clan's good reserve to the total of 82 goods.
Nice going! I knew you had it in you!
I must admit this is something that break my silence.
This is what happen when you send an animal lover into an animal cave!
YEA! One cow going down tonight!
...I don't...

Next time...Meet the rest of the candidate...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:28:59 PM by shinyjam »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 04:37:52 AM »

wtf.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

shinyjam

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 04:41:25 AM »
Exactly, I love this game. Each option actually have multiple answer to it, he could be dead, he could found some treasure, or he just...wtf...There actually no wrong answer in a sense, if the person's stats can handle it.

In this case..I guess Derik Int and Luck shine out...

Oh yea, I cut out the adviser part so it won't spoil the next few candidates.  ;D

Edit: Ops, didn't notice I already introduced Derik. Fixed.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:59:37 PM by shinyjam »

shinyjam

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 03:38:46 PM »
Prelude 6 : Meet the Candidate (finally) Part 2
Why didn't I see the rest of the candidate when we investigating the cave?
The last two candidate are busy with their tasks.
Ah, only two left. This shouldn't take long.

My apologize for being late, there is a few sick elders and children I have to attend to. As you may have guessed, I am Salinarg, the clan's healer would worship Chanlana Arroy, Goddess of Healing.
May I remind you that you are part of the clan adviser now, and your duty is more important than a few sickly citizen.
My apologize, I will correct my mistake.
...That's it?
Is there anything else you wish to ask? My lord?
No, good to have one good person in the team to balance it a bit. Bring the next candidate!

THE NAME'S ENENT, AND I WORSHIP ERNALDA, THE MOTHER GODDESS! BEFORE I BECOME A CANDIDATE, I CARE FOR THE CROP, CHILDREN, AND LIVESTOCK.
Stop yelling! You don't need to said so loud!
THIS IS HOW I NORMALLY SPECK! ONLY A PUSSY WOULD SPEAK SOFTLY!
HEYYYYY!!
...OH MY BAD, GUESS IT CAN'T BE HELPED THEN...I will speck softly in your presence.
Thank the god, now I should move my tent closer to you...
Why do you let her join if you don't like her that much?
She's rich and greatly contributed financially to the clan, she might contribute more if she is involved more with the clan.
Or she just happen to gave you the most bribe.
That too.
I bet you like me better now?
...can't argue with that... but just a little bit!
Haha, we all make a good team!

Alright, now we know each other well enough, what do you suggest we do?
I suggest we give sacrifice to Orlanth in order to learn more mystery about the world or revealing new power for our Orlanth temple to apply passively.
Yes, Orlanth is our clan's main god, we should pay a little respect once in a while.
As a negotiator, I agree to having a good term with our main god.
I hope he teach us how to make better wine.
May he show us how to CHOP better!
If possible, I prefer he teach us something non-violent.
I disagree, we need Orlanth to watch over us, just like you need someone strict to care for the children and show the animal who's boss.
...I'm still the boss and I will show Orlanth who's boss!

Next time...Meeting Orlanth...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 03:42:48 PM by shinyjam »

shinyjam

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 05:27:54 AM »
Prelude 7 : Meeting with Orlanth
Alright, we are in the temple! Where the Virgin sacrifice?
Pardon?
You know...all the bloody dead stuff.
Please refrain from making such joke in this scared temple.
...so what do you offer then to the gods then?
Cows and goods.
Why do they need cows and goods?
Both are our system of currency, and it more of a gesture than needs to them.
Fine, just summon him so I can chat with him.
Please be mindful of your behavior.
AND NO YELLING!
Be nice~~~
You all sound like I am part of the family or something...
I only Chop mouse up for my friend!
Yes! We are one big family! Just remember I am the Big Bro!
Orlanth has responded!

For what business do the Tree Bro clan had summoned me for!
Hey there.
Hmmm? What this? Another one of the local god? States your business!
I am helping this clan to flourish and it can use your help by learning some of the mystery of your power.
Ohh? Interesting, but I am sure you know such knowledge is not free...
Fine, how's this offer!

10 Goods? Very well I will tell the worshiper something.
Wait, you're not telling me too?
Fools! So you can learn the secret of my power? Don't forget we don't need all these useless cow and good at all!
Ah well...you whisper to whoever then...

It is done.
HOLD ON! They said they heard nothing at all when you whisper to them!
Oh I wonder why? Maybe because they can't heard over HOW CHEAP 10 GOODS IS!
I thought you don't need it...
Nope, but 10 goods ain't worth my respect and my power. As punishment for such impudence, I shall keep the goods. No refund.
I have a strong feeling you actually want the goods and cows...
Nonsense! Now if there is nothing left, I am leaving!
Wait! How this offer?
Too busy! My wife need me! Summon me later!

*Few days later* (Next game turn)
...How this offer?

Ah yes, Nice Cows.
Yea, now can you share a bit please?
Very well, this time I will show them the hand sign and body language of doing it.

What the fuck was that? They said they don't understand at all...
Ops, maybe because TEN COWS IS NOT ENOUGH TO KEEP ME DANCING STRAIGHT!
And you are keeping the ten cows right?
DAMN STRAIGHT!
And you gonna leave again right?
DAMN STRAIGHT! BYE!
...ORLAAAAANTHHHHHH!!!!!!
NO YELLING!

Next time...Invasion...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 05:31:22 AM by shinyjam »

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 05:31:25 AM »
Orlanth is a jackass.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

shinyjam

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 01:37:59 PM »
Prelude 8 : Invasion!
ORLLLANNNNTHHH YOU JACKASS!!!
NO YELLING!
SHUT UP! WE ARE NOT IN A TEMPLE!
As a healer, may I suggest doing some activity that might take your mind away from all the stress?
THERE IS NO MORE MICE FOR ME TO SLAUGHTER BRUTALLY!!!
May I suggest we raid some other clan?
Attack other clan? Sound like a plan to me.
Hold it, you don't really need to do that! There must be other option! Say something Garlic!
Although I don't like fighting, we are a balance clan, which mean the citizen will not be happy if we don't fight once in a while, and my trickster religion emphasis on equal suffering.
For once, you talked like a men!
You are just sexes! Women in this place will have their rights before my death!
NOW I AM BURNING UP!!!!!
I CAN'T HOLD MY WRATH OF CHOPPING THINGS ANY LONGER!!!!
Looks like we are all fire up!
Not me.
Alright! Gather the solder or whatever we call them here!

We should just hire more weaponthanes to defend the clan instead...
What's the different between Footmen and Weaponthanes?
In a sense, Weaponthanes are professional that need more cow and goods to hire and maintain while Footmen are small fries in abundance and free.
Alright, we can hire four more...why can we only have fourteen?
Is the law between all clan, just something to make sure no one get too strong and too much death.
Which mean we can raid more often!
Works for me, more raid means more fun!
We have two options of raid.

Cattle Raid mean we send troops to steal and plunder stuff but focus on avoiding any conflict. Pretty good if you don't want to damage any relation or need a few more cow and goods.

Raid is war, winner can take land, slave, goods, cows, and so on.
We are RAIDING!

The closest clan we have a fend and able to access to without blocking by other clans are the Stag Hearth, they specialize in military, which mean we should be extra careful with them.
I will stab their heart like nothing! Get it?
HAHA! I will CHOP their hearts!
Aww, you people are awful!
I permit all the yelling in battle...kids these days with their hormones.
You can send me to make them feel better about us after.

Next time...This is...TREE BRO!

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 05:11:48 PM »
I DO NOT LIKE THIS PLAN! IT WILL END IN TEARS!

Well, I like the violence part, but I have a bad feeling about this.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

shinyjam

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 06:10:15 PM »
Prelude 9 : THIS IS...TREE BRO!!!
And so it begin...I have send every single Footmens, weaponthanes, and auxiliaries(healer) with me into battle.
At such size, no doubt the enemy will detect us.

...You bring every single healer in the clan with us.
...You even bring an elderly women along.
The sickly can wait, the near-deaths cannot!
Yes, such huge~size! We should be able to easily cream them with some red hot action!
Must...ignore last comment...must ignore...
Apathy!

We have spotted the enemy! Shall I proceed with the plan?
Sacrifice to Humakt! The objective is plunder their land and stuff! With this forces! WE SHALL CHARGE!!!
What about sacrifice to Orlanth?
NEVER MENTION THAT ASSHOLE NAME!
If the enemy sacrifice both gods then we might lose an edge.
Bah! Alright add him to the list! We will wait a bit...

ORRRLLLANTH!! You have delayed my forces!!!
Pity we have no magic, but I am grad you wisely invest in crop, children, and such.
Oh yea, I never planned to get into war this year...ORRRLLLANTH!!
The amount of healer we have, really made us invisible!
HAHAHA! I'm the one that chop down that one weaponthane!
I wonder why no one come at me...
All in all, we got bigger land, lots of cow and goods.
Wow...this would never happen if I didn't meet Orlanth. Maybe he's not that...
My lord, we have a message from our clan.

ORRRLLLANTH!!

Next time...Meeting Orlanth again!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 06:16:09 PM »
You made 2 cows profit at least.

shinyjam

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 06:30:37 PM »
4 actually, but when you think about the 10 cows I gave to ORRRLLLANTH!!!!!

shinyjam

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 08:51:23 PM »
Prelude 9.9 : Meeting Orlanth again!

Winter...such a cold cold time.
Hey there!
Stop bothering my winter nap!
Sorry to break your beauty sleep, Darny~told me to show you the harvest report.

ORRRLLLANTH!!!!!
Aww...how cute, you just keep blaming everything to Orlanth now?
If I never meet him, things would been better!
Whatever you said~~I will take my leave now~
Hold on! Tell the ring we are going to the temple! And we will meet Orlanth!
Ah...cat these day with their...hormones?

So we are doing this again?
Let's hope it works this time...
No salmon for you if you fail!
What a drag...you just had to do it in winter don't cha?
NO...
YES I WILL YELL ALL I LIKE!
Bah...cat these days with their...hormone?
Maybe I should do it...
No, this is personal! And ready the cows! Something tell me this amount will works!

8) : My lord, I am getting a signal, I think the god are coming!
I am ready....
8) : HERE IT COME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*http://www.walfas.org/*

Where am I?
...Who are you?
I am Cirno!
...are you a god?
I am the strongest!
...I don...
There you are! I been searching all over for you! Next time don't jump into my dimension like that!

Srry!
You see nothing! Cirno jump in!
Yay!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ORRRLLLANTH the mighty god has arrived!
Hello? Why you all standing there like that?
I don't know what just happened...
Oh yea, I know I am so amzing you are are in awe of my presence, but I'm a busy god, so let's get to business!

Next time...seriously? What just happened!?..someone tell me! SOMEONEEEEE*

*Not actual title for next chapter
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:24:49 PM by shinyjam »

shinyjam

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 12:42:40 PM »
Prelude Branch Out!
So what is it?
No...I must know what that was!
Oh look! One small eyeballs space thing still open!
It's small enough for me to go through!
Wohh! What is that?
It's closing!
I don't know what it is, but I am going in!

Next time...Let's play King of Gensokyo!
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=361.0
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 01:56:52 PM by shinyjam »