Author Topic: Danmakufu Request Thread  (Read 123076 times)

Danmakufu Request Thread
« on: October 13, 2009, 04:36:44 PM »
So as I'm sure most of us are aware, Japan doesn't think too highly of our mass sprite rip abuse. Unfortunately, as MCXD has so thoughtfully pointed out, not all of us are capable of creating every aspect of a game to the average person's standards. Some people have trouble with coding certain sections, others are unable to make sprites and bullet graphics or need help with many other things that they just can't complete in a timely manner.

Thus, I present to you the following:

Danmakufu Request Thread

This thread is for posting about things you would like to have somebody else do for you, or similar requests. Your reasons can vary, from incapability to pure laziness, so feel free to post about stuff you just can't accomplish on your own. This can include anything from coding to sprites to sounds. Some general guidelines to consider:

• Posting things like "how do I do this" or "what did I do wrong here" are best left in the Danmakufu Q&A/Problem Thread. This thread is for things that you would like somebody else to do for you, not just help you with.
  • Always give credit where credit is due. If you do end up "commissioning" somebody to help you out with a project, be sure to mention them in the credits or something similar.
  • This is mostly all "probono" work, so be nice about it. If you'd like to repay somebody for helping you out with something, try to sort it out using private messages, we'd rather not see you talk about the perverse sexual favours you're giving away.
  • Also, please don't resort to throwing around cash through paypal or something similar, that is not what this thread is about.

All that said, I'm not gonna try and lie about my true intentions for creating this thread: I have a request. Well, two requests. I am absolute ass at creating sprites, and just recently it's become very obvious as we've always known, abusing other people's sprites is frowned upon... So I'm looking for somebody who can throw together some boss sprites for the following characters:

• Yuka Kazami
  • Shikieiki Yamaxanadu
  • Komachi Onozuka
  • Yukari Yakumo
  • Ran Yakumo
  • Suwako Moriya

And that's it for now. The sprites should have a stationary sprite, as well as two more sprites for left and right movements (I don't care much about animations during the movements, so don't worry about that). I'm in absolutely no hurry to get these (mostly because I'm prepared to release a second version of scripts with these characters featuring the updated sprites, should I need to), so don't feel that I'm gonna be on your ass everyday, or at all really. This request is mostly just for a "I don't want the crew of CtC to bitch at me for abusing their lovely sprites" feeling.

Now, on to my more important request:

I'm doing a secret-secret hush-hush project that is in need of some spriting as well. I'll be needing anywhere from 3 to ~12 sprites (all one character), depending on how much effort you feel like throwing in to the project. There may be an additional ~5 sprites needed as well, depending on whether or not you'd like to continue working with me. As mentioned, the project is on the down-low for now, so I won't be mentioning the scope of the project or what character it's for in this post. If you're interested and willing to dedicate yourself to a few hours of spriting, please toss me a PM mentioning you're up to the task. I have all the guidelines figured out so if you don't feel like enforcing your own creative license on the project I can give you directions on exactly what I'm looking for. This project is intended to be completed soon, so I'm in a bit more of a hurry than the other spriting task I mentioned earlier, but it's by no means "if you don't finish this soon I will hunt you down". Gotta take it easy. If you have any other questions regarding this project, feel free to mention so in the PM, since I won't be talking about this outside of this post. Oh! Private conversations on IRC are acceptable as well, if you'd rather. #danmakufu @ irc.ppirc.net is my usual place.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to working with you.

Oh yeah, and uh, I'll probably be spearheading this thread as long as you don't have any spriting requests, so don't feel like you're just gonna be ignored if you post here.

Re: Danmakufu Request Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 08:00:04 PM »
This specific thing is not a request per se, but I think the community should try to dedicate time to remaking all the touhou rips.
What I mean by this is to imitate the sprites, but not pixel by pixal. Most people have noticed by now that Zun's sprites are usually blurry. My idea, however, is using the same sprites, but making pixel-art versions of them created by fans which would look much more similar to a CtC sprite than one from Zun, but still be like it was from a rip. Maybe people will frown upon this due to how similar the sprites are, but it doesn't go against the book and I'm sure Zun won't mind as long as we try our best to create new things as well.
j
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:42:47 PM by Lishy »

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
Ooh, this thread is a great idea. Spriter here, reporting for duty!

...though, I'm kinda in the middle of my own project atm. Plus, I tend to work rather slowly and get distracted easily. So don't expect anything timely from me. But if I'm bored, I might try my hand at one or two of these.

Incidentally, anyone willing to help out with a Nazrin player-type would be appreciated. =)

Edit:
To be clear, it's mostly spriting stuff I'm looking for help with. I've got the most of the basics drawn (if only in my head) already, and the more complex stuff like bombs, I haven't quite gotten around to figuring out what I need. So... yeah. Just ignore this part for now.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:46:10 PM by Blue Wolf »

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 08:35:01 PM »
This specific thing is not a request per se, but I think the community should try to dedicate time to remaking all the touhou rips.
What I mean by this is to imitate the sprites, but not pixel by pixal. Most people have noticed by now that Zun's sprites are usually blurry. My idea, however, is using the same sprites, but making pixel-art versions of them created by fans which would look much more similar to a CtC sprite than one from Zun, but still be like it was from a rip. Maybe people will frown upon this due to how similar the sprites are, but it doesn't go against the book and I'm sure Zun won't mind as long as we try our best to create new things as well.

Good idea. With this, it would be great if there would be sprites for the popular fan-characters, too, in the same style. Like Meimu, Sasha, Mitori (re-drawn, so those on nico won't go nuts), that purple haired bee-girl with some relation to Patchy (I don't remember her name), Cirno-nee, and others.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 08:37:13 PM »
Incidentally, anyone willing to help out with a Nazrin player-type would be appreciated. =)
I could draw the frames once you provide a template and script to use along with it.

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 04:37:15 AM »
ok, since i have an inability to draw and anything likewise...
if its not that much trouble...
Just a normal sprite, 5 poses.
white shoes, blue jeans, white t-shirt, mask, black hair.
3 just normal just floating up and down
2 attack poses like so:
(lol ms paint stick figures)

(see, i suck at ms paint to >_<; )
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 02:11:20 AM by Demonbman »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 12:26:44 AM »
ok, since i have an inability to draw and anything likewise...
if its not that much trouble...
Just a normal sprite, 5 poses.
white shoes, blue jeans, white t-shirt, mask, black hair.
3 just normal just floating up and down
2 attack poses like so:
(lol ms paint stick figures)

(see, i suck at ms paint to >_<; )

I'll help you with that. It'll be done tomorrow evening.
Just give me time... Also, if you're doing this for a game or something, GIVE ME CREDIT. (although you don't need to, but it'll be much appreciated if you do.)

Edit 1: Argh, what am I doing. I'm making it so that there are so many sprites. (So many SetGraphicRect();s to use then)

Edit: OMFG I SUCK. THE GUY'S HEAD IS TOO SMALL. (But feel free to edit the picture to your heart's content. Or make Satori do the whole thing for  you. (JK))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 01:37:40 AM by AlwaysThe⑨ »

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 12:46:17 AM »
I'll help you with that. It'll be done tomorrow evening.
Just give me time... Also, if you're doing this for a game or something, GIVE ME CREDIT. (although you don't need to, but it'll be much appreciated if you do.)

Thank you and i will~!!

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 07:38:02 AM »
Ooooooooooo, request for things! Okay, here's a list of things I need that I can't do myself for Ikareimu organized by priority.

High priority:
  - Red and blue Reimu player sprites.
    * Needs stationary, going-left, and going-right pose
    * Needs red and blue amulets for shots (Steal from shot_all.png? Will people notice?)
    * Needs glowy red and blue orbs with which to construct curvy homing lasers. (....shot_all.png? lol)

Mid priority:
 - Boss sprites (PM me for more details)
 - Red and blue enemy sprites (Red/blue themed fairies, FOEs, magic circles, etc.)
 - Ikaruga system graphics (laser charge bar, chain counter)
 - Custom Danmakufu frame.

Low priority:
 - Cut-ins
 - Textures for effects/backgrounds
 - Music
 - Sound effects
 - Anything else that isn't really needed for a functional Ikaruga-ish game.

Yeah, that's a lot of stuff, but really you can ignore the low priority list. So, anyone willing to help?

EDIT: Currently, I'm using a Reimu player sprite that came with the CtC demo script which was edited to make a blue version as well. I'm using stuff from shot_all.png for her bullets as well, which is probably fine.

EDIT2: Crossed off stuff I ended up being able to make on my own when I really tried hard enough.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 01:54:44 PM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 10:48:15 PM »
Thank you and i will~!!
Aw, man, when I go back to it tomorrow morning it will look so suck.
Seriously.
Also... OH MAH FAKKIN GAWD 諏訪子 & 小石!!

Edit: ⑨th post!!
Edit: How do you like it~?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 03:08:23 AM by AlwaysThe⑨ »

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 04:07:58 AM »
Aw, man, when I go back to it tomorrow morning it will look so suck.
Seriously.
Also... OH MAH FAKKIN GAWD 諏訪子 & 小石!!

Edit: ⑨th post!!
Edit: How do you like it~?
XD they are soooo cool!!! thank you!!! more love for the extra sprites!!!

Edit: What does the Kanji mean?
Edit: i now know the second one "小石" means little rock..cant find the other 3
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 04:14:48 AM by Demonbman »

Drake

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 04:16:19 AM »
It's Suwako and Koishi.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 04:17:16 AM »
It's Suwako and Koishi.
...damn, i was way off XD

Edit: an hour later I see what you mean XD
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:24:22 AM by Demonbman »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 04:32:15 PM »
Who thinks they can make a トウホウ不思議のダンジョン script (based off of ポケモン不思議のダンジョン quiz.)?? HHNNGGG.
Spoiler:
I don't even know what the English title even is.
  :'( [/s]

EDIT: @Demonbman
There we go. V 1 of the left-right moving sprites... also, MOR SUWAKO. (represents my lack of originality.)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:07:26 AM by AlwaysThe⑨ »

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 11:52:42 PM »
@Alwaysthe(9)

Wow the left right ones look really good!!!
also, i was looking at the whole sprite sheet and i noticed that there are 5 lines of the same sprite. There are awsome and all, but why so many? and if im not trying to offend you in any, way, shape, or form.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 12:05:49 AM »
@Alwaysthe(9)

Wow the left right ones look really good!!!
also, i was looking at the whole sprite sheet and i noticed that there are 5 lines of the same sprite. There are awsome and all, but why so many? and if im not trying to offend you in any, way, shape, or form.

You can just edit it so that you have just one line, I was just being dumb. I forgot, that you can just a variable and make it so that the boss looks like he's floating up and down. Sorry about it.

Ok, so I have a request myself. Can someone please look into this?
Edit: I used this script:
Code: [Select]
#TouhouDanmakufu
#Title[System.PNG Test]
#Text[XD]
#BackGround[User()]
#Player[FREE]
#ScriptVersion[2]

script_enemy_main {
    let BossImage = "img\System.png";
    @Initialize {
        SetLife(1);
        LoadGraphic(BossImage);
        MagicCircle(false);
    }

@MainLoop {
    }

@DrawLoop {
        SetTexture(BossImage);
        SetGraphicRect(0, 0, 300, 300);
        DrawGraphic(GetCenterX, GetCenterY);
    }

@Finalize {
        DeleteGraphic(BossImage);
    }
}
For some reason, it keeps crashing on me. Also, what's that yellow thing at the top?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:08:47 AM by AlwaysThe⑨ »

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 12:06:33 AM »
You can just edit it so that you have just one line, I was just being dumb. I forgot, that you can just a variable and make it so that the boss looks like he's floating up and down. Sorry about it.
its ok i was just wondering about it!

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 06:27:43 PM »

Ok, so I have a request myself. Can someone please look into this?
Edit: I used this script:
#TouhouDanmakufu
#Title[System.PNG Test]
#Text[XD]
#BackGround[User()]
#Player[FREE]
#ScriptVersion[2]

script_enemy_main {
    let BossImage = "img\System.png";
    @Initialize {
        SetLife(1);
        LoadGraphic(BossImage);
        MagicCircle(false);
    }

@MainLoop {
    }

@DrawLoop {
        SetTexture(BossImage);
        SetGraphicRect(0, 0, 300, 300);
        DrawGraphic(GetCenterX, GetCenterY);
    }

@Finalize {
    }
}
For some reason, it keeps crashing on me. Also, what's that yellow thing at the top?

its worked for me, the first time..then it crashed, when i started Danmakufu again, it worked, i think it crashes because its having trouble overwritting the second time, or i do not know...

teh yellow thing is used for the meters in the lower left corner in the later games and such

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 06:40:44 PM »
its worked for me, the first time..then it crashed, when i started Danmakufu again, it worked, i think it crashes because its having trouble overwritting the second time, or i do not know...

teh yellow thing is used for the meters in the lower left corner in the later games and such

Meter? in the later games??

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 06:45:22 PM »
The item point meters, like in SA, uhh...

i can see now that that wasn't the best choice of words...

when its full, anyways

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »
#TouhouDanmakufu
#Title[Eirin]
#Text[Raifu Gemu]
#Player[FREE]
#ScriptVersion[2]

script_enemy_main {
let BossImage = "script\img\ExRumia.png";
let frame = -60;
let a = 0;
let num = 32;
let x = rand(0, -10);
let y = rand(0, -10);
let graphic_spread = [RED01, ORANGE01, YELLOW01, GREEN01, AQUA01, BLUE01, PURPLE01, WHITE01];
let graphic_bubble= [RED02, ORANGE02, YELLOW02, GREEN02, AQUA02, BLUE02, PURPLE02, WHITE02];

@Initialize {
SetLife(2400); SetDamageRate(40, 0);
SetEnemyMarker(true);
LoadGraphic(BossImage);
SetMovePosition02(GetCenterX, GetClipMinY+100, 60);
CutIn(KOUMA,"**「*********」", "", 0, 0, 0, 0);
SetScore(1000000); //SetDurableSpellCard;
}

@MainLoop {
SetCollisionA(GetX, GetY, 32); //32 for boss, 10 for fairy
SetCollisionB(GetX, GetY, 24);//24 for boss, 5 for fairy
if(frame == 60) {
PlaySE("se\11\se_lazer00.wav");
ascent(i in 0..200) {
ascent(j in 0.. 200) {
CreateShot01(GetClipMinX+x+i*20, GetClipMinY+y+j*20, 0, 90, graphic_spread[rand_int(0, 7)], 10+i+j);
CreateShot01(GetClipMaxX-x-i*20, GetClipMaxY-y-j*20, 0, 90, graphic_spread[rand_int(0, 7)], 10+i+j);
}
}
}
if(frame >= 120 && frame <= 270 && frame % 5 == 0) {
PlaySE("se\11\se_tan02.wav");
loop(num) {
CreateShot01(GetX, GetY, rand(2, 6), GetAngleToPlayer+a, graphic_bubble[rand_int(0, 7)], 0);
a+=360/num;
}
}
if(frame == 300) {
DeleteEnemyShot(ALL);
frame = -60;
a = 0;
x = rand(-5, 0);
y = rand(-5, 0);
}
frame++;
}

@DrawLoop {
SetTexture(BossImage);
SetGraphicRect(0, 0, 64, 64);
DrawGraphic(GetX, GetY);
}

@Finalize {
}
}

NO ONE WILL KNOW THE NAME OF THIS SPELL CARD.
Anyways, just asking if this spell card can pass for level ex.

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »
#TouhouDanmakufu
#Title[Eirin]
#Text[Raifu Gemu]
#Player[FREE]
#ScriptVersion[2]

script_enemy_main {
let BossImage = "script\img\ExRumia.png";
let frame = -60;
let a = 0;
let num = 32;
let x = rand(0, -10);
let y = rand(0, -10);
let graphic_spread = [RED01, ORANGE01, YELLOW01, GREEN01, AQUA01, BLUE01, PURPLE01, WHITE01];
let graphic_bubble= [RED02, ORANGE02, YELLOW02, GREEN02, AQUA02, BLUE02, PURPLE02, WHITE02];

@Initialize {
SetEnemyMarker(true);
LoadGraphic(BossImage);
CutIn(KOUMA,"**「*********」", "", 0, 0, 0, 0);
}

@MainLoop {
if(frame == 60) {
ascent(i in 0..200) {
ascent(j in 0.. 200) {
CreateShot01(GetClipMinX+x+i*20, GetClipMinY+y+j*20, 0, 90, graphic_spread[rand_int(0, 7)], 10+i+j);
CreateShot01(GetClipMaxX-x-i*20, GetClipMaxY-y-j*20, 0, 90, graphic_spread[rand_int(0, 7)], 10+i+j);
}
}
}
PlaySE("se\11\se_tan02.wav");
loop(num) {
CreateShot01(GetX, GetY, rand(2, 6), GetAngleToPlayer+a, graphic_bubble[rand_int(0, 7)], 0);
a+=360/num;
}
}
if(frame == 300) {
DeleteEnemyShot(ALL);
frame = -60;
a = 0;
x = rand(-5, 0);
y = rand(-5, 0);
}
frame++;
}

@DrawLoop {
SetTexture(BossImage);
SetGraphicRect(0, 0, 64, 64);
DrawGraphic(GetX, GetY);
}

@Finalize {
}
}

NO ONE WILL KNOW THE NAME OF THIS SPELL CARD.
Anyways, just asking if this spell card can pass for level ex.

well, its based on sheer luck above all not having one of the bullets spawn on you, but i'd say yes!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 08:18:09 PM »
well, its based on sheer luck above all not having one of the bullets spawn on you, but i'd say yes!
Ah, I know! I'll make it so that the bullets auto-delete if it's on top of you. (How big is the hitbox for a ___01 bullet, anyways?)

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 08:21:26 PM »
Ah, I know! I'll make it so that the bullets auto-delete if it's on top of you. (How big is the hitbox for a ___01 bullet, anyways?)

4X4 i believe (pixels, that is)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 08:31:38 PM »
4X4 i believe (pixels, that is)
OK, updated. (also decided to release the spell card name.
   let y = rand(0, -10);
   let spreadsize = 22;

@Initialize {
      SetEnemyMarker(true);
      LoadGraphic(BossImage);
      CutIn(KOUMA,"復活「第二のライフゲーム」", "", 0, 0, 0, 0);
   }

@MainLoop {
      if(frame == 60) {
         ascent(i in 0..200) {
            ascent(j in 0.. 200) {
               CreateShot01(GetClipMinX+x+i*spreadsize, GetClipMinY+y+j*spreadsize, 0, 90, graphic_spread[rand_int(0, 7)], 10+i+j);
               CreateShot01(GetClipMaxX-x-i*spreadsize, GetClipMaxY-y-j*spreadsize, 0, 90, graphic_spread[rand_int(0, 7)], 10+i+j);
            }
         }
      }
      if(frame <= 120) { DeleteEnemyShotInCircle(ALL, GetPlayerX, GetPlayerY, 4); }

I gotta think up a better name.

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 10:13:01 PM »
OK, updated. (also decided to release the spell card name.
   let y = rand(0, -10);
   let spreadsize = 22;

@Initialize {
      SetEnemyMarker(true);
      LoadGraphic(BossImage);
      CutIn(KOUMA,"復活「第二のライフゲーム」", "", 0, 0, 0, 0);
   }

@MainLoop {
      if(frame == 60) {
         ascent(i in 0..200) {
            ascent(j in 0.. 200) {
               CreateShot01(GetClipMinX+x+i*spreadsize, GetClipMinY+y+j*spreadsize, 0, 90, graphic_spread[rand_int(0, 7)], 10+i+j);
               CreateShot01(GetClipMaxX-x-i*spreadsize, GetClipMaxY-y-j*spreadsize, 0, 90, graphic_spread[rand_int(0, 7)], 10+i+j);
            }
         }
      }
      if(frame <= 120) { DeleteEnemyShotInCircle(ALL, GetPlayerX, GetPlayerY, 4); }

I gotta think up a better name.

Awesome, may want to increase the radius of the shots deleted so you can actually move just a little bit.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 10:14:49 PM »
Awesome, may want to increase the radius of the shots deleted so you can actually move just a little bit.
What should the radius be, 10?

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 10:25:24 PM »
What should the radius be, 10?
10 is good, 8 is better

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 01:04:09 AM »
10 is good, 8 is better

...anyways, if you want, I'm ajlready working on a cut-in pic for that character I made. let's call him mr. noname.

EDIT: Done. GAH SO UGLY. I MUST BE ADAPTING A NEW STYLE.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 04:46:52 PM by AlwaysThe⑨ »

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
  • Not unwilling to shank you.
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 02:38:34 AM »
I set the radius to 25, then decided that 25 is VERY good if you want an extra barrage of danmaku added in somewhere.
I had a teacher who used to play radiohead during class once.

ONCE.