Author Topic: IN Lunatic with the Magic Team  (Read 8807 times)

IN Lunatic with the Magic Team
« on: May 02, 2009, 08:14:24 PM »
I was fooling around with the Magic Team in IN a few days ago, and I actually found them quite fun to use.  So as a little personal challenge, I'm thinking of trying to 1cc Lunatic with them.  With the Malice Cannon, of course.  So, I was wondering if anyone had experience with them? 

Most of the problems I found was with the stages.  First off, stage 3, mainly the first half and the two waves right after midboss Keine. 

Then, the majority of stage 4, especially the second half.  I'm still kind of unfamiliar with it, so maybe I just need to practice more.  Still, any  tips are welcome.

The beginning of stage 5 with the rabbits that shoot scattered blue/purple bullets.  I have trouble killing them fast enough with the Magic team's crappy range.

Reimu and Kaguya are really hard, especially those streaming attacks, but that's just a matter of practice/strategic bombing.

Also, a few non-team related questions.
Duplex Barrier-This looks like it should be easy, but I just keep screwing it up.
Mindblow-I got no idea.
Eirin's midboss attack-Ditto.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: IN Lunatic with the Magic Team
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 08:56:46 PM »
Malice Cannon does ridiculous damage when used against familiars. About 3x Youmu damage (or somewhere there) I believe. So you can take out Keine's non-spell card patterns out very quickly (and equivalent patterns that use a lot of familiars).

Can't exactly give out any in-depth stage details... yet. Time constraint.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:52:42 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 12:28:15 PM »
i use the scarlet and the magic team for IN. For both of  them u have to remember exactly where the enemies come from at the stages so u can aply damage before they start shooting.

stage 3 : a lot of people focus on the "spam" ferries on this stage try to reduce it to the minimum possible u can, After keine start the wave from the left to the right and then backwards.

stage 4 : well the 2nd half is really a pain the fairies come out very fast u just need to switch sides very fast i usually use 1 bomb at the last ones.

stage 5: wait i will make replay but try to go left.

Actually this should be enough:
just study well replay (this is not my playing btw)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:38:59 PM by ghost333 »

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »
Hmm, I see.  While I appreciate the replay ghost, the player in question is obviously a superplayer, and thus does a bunch of lulzy superplay stuff that I will never be able to pull off anytime soon.  Plus it's a scorerun, so a lot of his tactics sort of run opposite to my goal of just 1ccing the game.  Nevertheless, some of the ways he handled stage 4 and 5 were quite helpful, so thanks.

I think I've almost found a way to get through the stage portion of st. 3.  I want to get a perfect run of the stage so I can upload it, but I always have a stupid death somewhere or another...

Also, I'd still appreciate tips for those non-Magic Team related trouble spots, if anyone knows them.  And add Kaguya's second nonspell nto that, because it's giving me a bunch of trouble as well.

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 09:26:56 PM »
Duplex Barrier-This looks like it should be easy, but I just keep screwing it up.
here
Mindblow-I got no idea.
the replay i saw u shows the ultra-super-utimate-way to do it> i have only done it once but u can do it the same way at the bigger space just bellow that small one or use elixir's way on the tutorial(it used to work for me)
Eirin's midboss attack-Ditto.
i start near the left corner and then move/dodge right after i reach more than half the screen during the wave i unfocus ,wait a bit and then dash left again.

i still get owned at kaguya too with my scarlet/neither team.
that salamander sheild attack should be easy but i always mess up.
well hourai is just too much never been there in lunatic yet.

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 10:44:17 PM »
Hourai Jewel on Lunatic seems almost completely impossible with the Magic Team, just because it's so hard to get a shot at Kaguya.  It might be possible to capture it if you use the Malice Cannon every time you come around to the center, but that would require you to get through some tiny gaps while moving really erratically.  By moving vertically and spamming the Malice Cannon full force, I can usually cheese through it with three bombs, and that's probably the best you can get with that attack.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 10:47:15 PM »
Hourai Jewel on Lunatic seems almost completely impossible with the Magic Team, just because it's so hard to get a shot at Kaguya.  It might be possible to capture it if you use the Malice Cannon every time you come around to the center, but that would require you to get through some tiny gaps while moving really erratically.  By moving vertically and spamming the Malice Cannon full force, I can usually cheese through it with three bombs, and that's probably the best you can get with that attack.

Malice will help you only mildly there since Marisa's shots will stop at the indestructible familiars. Might be better just to grind your teeth, keep focused (increasing your survivability) and throw some sparks if you still have them u.u
rofl bye

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 11:12:50 PM »
Btw the familiars are not indestructible, and by killing them u deal damage to kaguya.

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 11:14:42 PM »
Malice will help you only mildly there since Marisa's shots will stop at the indestructible familiars. Might be better just to grind your teeth, keep focused (increasing your survivability) and throw some sparks if you still have them u.u

If you 'malice' fast enough, you can stay in youkai form while shooting Marisa's shots, allowing Marisa's shots to bypass the familiars. (or you can stay in human form, allowing Alice's laser to damage familiars)
Advocate of Transhumanism

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 11:15:49 PM »
If you 'malice' fast enough, you can stay in youkai form while shooting Marisa's shots, allowing Marisa's shots to bypass the familiars. (or you can stay in human form, allowing Alice's laser to damage familiars)
Malice Cannon does ridiculous damage when used against familiars. About 3x Youmu damage (or somewhere there) I believe.
No need to Malice "fast".
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 10:00:57 AM »
The Marisa's passing through is new to me, must confess that I haven't fooled around too much with malice and just saw Alice's beams hitting familiar.
I do know that masters take partial (half?) damage from what you deal to familiars and what I mean by indestructible is that I think Hourai Jewel is one of those cards where they have so much health that you actually kill the boss/time out before any of them gets destroyed. I'm prepared for the possibility that I'm wrong, though.
rofl bye

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 05:52:24 PM »
The Marisa's passing through is new to me, must confess that I haven't fooled around too much with malice and just saw Alice's beams hitting familiar.
I do know that masters take partial (half?) damage from what you deal to familiars and what I mean by indestructible is that I think Hourai Jewel is one of those cards where they have so much health that you actually kill the boss/time out before any of them gets destroyed. I'm prepared for the possibility that I'm wrong, though.

some of the familiars are killable on hourai jewel, but i believe 4 arent