Author Topic: Patchouli Boss Fights ver. 2 is available  (Read 9063 times)

Henry

• The observer
  • Exploring to the new world of Danmaku
Patchouli Boss Fights ver. 2 is available
« on: October 11, 2009, 07:20:31 AM »
Hello again everyone.
As in the title, the scripts are available here. (New version: scroll down)

Comparing with the last Patch: (for those who looked at my first patch)

1. Dialogues included
2. Difficulty adjusted and spell cards edited (e.g. Earth Sign not so Shou-ish, less random variables .etc)
3. Boss image edited
4. Bugs removed.

For those who haven't played my danmaku before:
1. These are 2 boss fights with different difficulty, Extra and Phantasm.
2. You will play 6 SCs and 5 non-spells.
3. Each element SC has 2 choices, which depends on the player you're using.
4. Phantasm is not recommended for very, very danmaku beginners.
Hope you'll enjoy the danmaku.

P.S. Sorry for being so evil that I don't edit the Phantasm version of Undine's Revenge, and even more bullets in Agni's Pyrolysis
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 01:56:43 PM by Henry »
Old/Forgotten member.

Old Patchouli Project was outdated but new one is in progress.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
Re: Patchouli Boss Fights ver. 2 is available
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 09:23:51 AM »
Cool script.  :D
I like how the nonspells are kind of related to the spell coming up.

Phantasm is basically impossible hard.  :-\

The fire sign looks cool, then it walls me ;-;.
The water sign is clipdeathclipdeathclipdeatharggghhhmyshotsareblockingmyiew
I don't get how Forest Leaf Typhoon is possible. :/
Those leaf typhoon bullets that explode according to your position is creative. XD they're so hard to dodge T_T.
Second wood sign is much more doable, nice remake of Shou's card, it's really fun.
The metal sign reminds me of Murasa's Vortex card except I have to dodge the bottom bullets of the vortex as well!
Silent Selina: AHHHHHHHHHHHLASERSSPAWNEDRIGHTINFRONTOFME

Also, why didn't you just share the image/sound data between the two difficulties? Takes up less memory. :/
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:28:29 AM by Thaws »

Henry

• The observer
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 09:42:04 AM »
Thanks for your comment. :)
(Yes, indeed it would)
but then you cannot put it anywhere you like...
There are 2 Possible SC's for each element, player with all reimu and marisa characters :)

Do you think the Phantasm non-SC for earth is too difficult?

P.S. The Shou card is Earth Sign... and try Royal Flare (another Shou's card resemblance, I love Shou too much)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:45:46 AM by Henry »
Old/Forgotten member.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 09:52:35 AM »
There are 2 Possible SC's for each element, player with all reimu and marisa characters :)
Oh, I didn't know that, gotta to try the rest of the SCs. XD

Henry

• The observer
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 10:14:02 AM »
In fact there are more SC's (the Water-Metal Sign, Metal-Wood Sign .etc) in my computer, but I cannot think of a way to link the compound SCs and single SCs together.
Old/Forgotten member.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 10:17:42 AM »
Downloading.
Prepared to cry and review in a while~

Bananamatic

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 10:23:18 AM »
Some of the cards seriously put the FU in Danmakufu.

The fire and wood signs are absolutely batshit.

The rest is alright.....but I don't really like the way how the water spell works.
Maybe her metal card is a little too easy....might be because we are used to impossible scripts though :V

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 10:27:28 AM »
It's a great script, and not just because it looks good, or hard, but because the script is so clean, that a very beginner (I mean VERY; mostly because I can't do math) like me can learn from it. Really, I've never learned this much from a script before.

Henry

• The observer
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 10:34:04 AM »
My former computer teacher told us to make indentation when we writes program segments.
I still can't do without doing that.
Old/Forgotten member.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 11:33:55 AM »
Hahahaha holy shit. I must have continued at least once in all the cards.

Henry

• The observer
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 11:42:26 AM »
Hahahaha holy shit. I must have continued at least once in all the cards.

It is normal, I can't 1cc it also. (Danmakufu makes me forget how to play danmaku?!)
Old/Forgotten member.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 06:21:38 PM »
Hey gaiz, what's goin' on he-OH GOD IT BURNS! HALP! THE GOGGLES! What a world, what a world...

>.< And I just recovered from Okuu's eyerape, too. Ow...

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 06:39:37 PM »
Does that mean Blargel is still around?

Henry

• The observer
Patchouli Boss Fights ver. 2.01 is available
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 01:12:45 PM »
Patchouli Boss Fights ver. 2.01 is available: Click here

Improved feature: looping of BGM is smoother
More SFX added
More Spell Cards (there are folders for single scripts)
Save more spaces

NOTE: The bgm directory is scriptPatchouligm... (put everything into scriptPatchouli)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 02:11:32 PM by Henry »
Old/Forgotten member.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 06:20:47 AM »
Finally got around to playing this again.

It's pretty solid. Even though it's LuNautic level, once you figure out some quirks all the cards seem fair and beatable. If you wanted to devote some time to it, you could probably capture it all.

Notes and suggestions:
- Forest Leaf Typhoon: Once you figure out that you can force her to rotate faster and go around the screen it's not too tough, but it should probably just be an official endurance card, since there's no way you're beating her by shooting under her. You have to time it out.
- Silent Selena's outermost orbs will occasionally spawn lasers right on top of you. This is the only real bullshit moment in the main set. Also, the effect delay lasers should be even thinner, they create some visibility issues too.
- The fire cards with Reimu A are problematic, as the ADD blend bullets create some visibility issues when they're right on top of Reimu's big talisman bullets; although this isn't really your fault it is troublesome.
- Silver Dragon seems to stutter still, might have an inefficient loop in there or something.

The earth cards are probably my favorite, but that might just be because orange is my favorite color. Surrounded From All Sides made me shit a brick when I realized it could hit the walls and go horizontal.

I'm not going to try Phantasm, it's beyond me :V

In your DL, it should probably be pointed out that you forgot to move your #include files to the new folders. Once that was done they worked fine though. The new cards aren't quite as fine-tuned as the main set though.

- St. Elmo's Pillar reeeeally needs longer delay on the lasers. It kills you dead after the first salvo while you're trying to dodge leftover bullets.
- Elementary Harvester could probably use some modifications; it's too simple once you figure out the gimmick. Maybe make the streams much less dense but increase the random spam. (Note: It looks hella cool though, I'm impressed you duplicated this)
- Photosynthesis still has those evil exploding green bullets...I wish the either the main bullet or the explosion was a different color, you get used to dodging the little green ones and the big green one blows up right on top of you when you dodge it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 06:30:24 AM by Stuffman »

Henry

• The observer
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 01:30:37 PM »
Finally got around to playing this again.

It's pretty solid. Even though it's LuNautic level, once you figure out some quirks all the cards seem fair and beatable. If you wanted to devote some time to it, you could probably capture it all.

Notes and suggestions:
- Forest Leaf Typhoon: Once you figure out that you can force her to rotate faster and go around the screen it's not too tough, but it should probably just be an official endurance card, since there's no way you're beating her by shooting under her. You have to time it out.
No... You can't. It is just the insane sine function which is doing the mess.

- Silent Selena's outermost orbs will occasionally spawn lasers right on top of you. This is the only real bullshit moment in the main set. Also, the effect delay lasers should be even thinner, they create some visibility issues too.
So only ReimuB can play this card in stage, Marisa hates this SC.

- The fire cards with Reimu A are problematic, as the ADD blend bullets create some visibility issues when they're right on top of Reimu's big talisman bullets; although this isn't really your fault it is troublesome.
Don't worry. This is not yet the final version.
- Silver Dragon seems to stutter still, might have an inefficient loop in there or something.
(???)

The earth cards are probably my favorite, but that might just be because orange is my favorite color. Surrounded From All Sides made me shit a brick when I realized it could hit the walls and go horizontal.

I'm not going to try Phantasm, it's beyond me :V

In your DL, it should probably be pointed out that you forgot to move your #include files to the new folders. Once that was done they worked fine though. The new cards aren't quite as fine-tuned as the main set though.
Yes... I just copied them from 2 folders with I have in my home. The signle folder lacks motion.txt and drawing.txt

- St. Elmo's Pillar reeeeally needs longer delay on the lasers. It kills you dead after the first salvo while you're trying to dodge leftover bullets.
- Elementary Harvester could probably use some modifications; it's too simple once you figure out the gimmick. Maybe make the streams much less dense but increase the random spam. (Note: It looks hella cool though, I'm impressed you duplicated this)
Thanks, I bet you're referring to the Extra Version. You'll see nice thing in Phantasm, which is, maybe not your suggestion, but definitely makes this card >_<
- Photosynthesis still has those evil exploding green bullets...I wish the either the main bullet or the explosion was a different color, you get used to dodging the little green ones and the big green one blows up right on top of you when you dodge it.
The main problem is still the yellow Sun wall...

Problems are solving now... Progress: 20%
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 02:24:31 PM by Henry »
Old/Forgotten member.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 05:11:12 PM »
Some of these spells are completely impossible !

Henry

• The observer
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 11:58:34 PM »
Phantasm Mode is impossible.

But the Metal Signs should be easier than than others.
Old/Forgotten member.

ebarrett

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 12:42:40 AM »
Phantasm mode isn't that bad, I 2cc'ed it first try (Reimu) and only didn't do better because I kept bombing/dying to the Wood spell while trying to kill it before realizing that simply timing it out was much easier (and safer). Everything after the Wood spell is perfectly capturable, in fact I'd say that Reimu's Phantasm doesn't reach "lunatic" difficulty.

Fire and Wood signs are what make this (very) difficult, really. Still didn't play the Marisa route, though.

Some of these spells are completely impossible !

Odd that you say that, I continued twice on some of FlanChan's cards, now THAT was "completely impossible"!

Henry

• The observer
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 05:15:46 AM »
Phantasm mode isn't that bad, I 2cc'ed it first try (Reimu) and only didn't do better because I kept bombing/dying to the Wood spell while trying to kill it before realizing that simply timing it out was much easier (and safer). Everything after the Wood spell is perfectly capturable, in fact I'd say that Reimu's Phantasm doesn't reach "lunatic" difficulty.

Fire and Wood signs are what make this (very) difficult, really. Still didn't play the Marisa route, though.

Odd that you say that, I continued twice on some of FlanChan's cards, now THAT was "completely impossible"!

Really? I thought Phantasm is hard enough!
And if you play it is Marisa Mode, you'll enjoy the Water Sign, it is more evil than Fire and Wood.

About FlanChan's cards, I didn't even want to finish the stage. :(
Old/Forgotten member.

ebarrett

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 02:21:53 AM »
Really? I thought Phantasm is hard enough!

Played it again a couple of times - ragequit the first after failing the water nonspell, 1cc'ed on the second. Don't get the wrong impression, though - it IS very hard. Consider that I cleared PCB's Phantasm on my first try (after cracking my head against Ran for weeks, that is). Here I did the same thing I did there - survival through bombspam.

Here's the replay.

Henry

• The observer
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 05:09:57 AM »
Consider that I cleared PCB's Phantasm on my first try (after cracking my head against Ran for weeks, that is). Here I did the same thing I did there - survival through bombspam.

Oh no...
Is Marisa's route harder? (ReimuA and ReimuB CAN have different SCs)
Old/Forgotten member.