Author Topic: Create your own Deities and Youkai!  (Read 46363 times)

Alrisandre Margaletrisame

• The Raving Puppet
  • Protector of the Mercatian Border Enchuridion
Create your own Deities and Youkai!
« on: October 09, 2009, 03:07:39 PM »
I'm sure a fair number of us have created deities for things that aren't in Touhou (just yet), so, here's a place to discuss the unsung deities! If you have one, what he/she is a deity of, and try to describe what he/she would look like, what unusual features there would be, and what kind of strange powers he/she would possess! I'll comprise a list of these unsung deities here, and toss out a few ideas of my own for the MotK crew to build from if they wish. Pictures are fun too!

Like, I wonder what a spider deity would look like, and what she would be named? And while on that subject what would her relationship be with Wriggle? Maybe Wriggle had a lost sister cricket youkai?

Maybe a series of food and confectionery-based youkai would make an interesting bunch? (Lol "Taffy" and "Oden")

What would other gods/deities that already exist look like if they were made into Gensokyo lolis? (Lol Odin, the Nords, and Fenrir)

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
Re: Create your own Deities and Youkai!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 07:41:52 PM »
well, we do need a youkai with a paint brush...

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 07:51:59 PM »

Lenahn sidhe
A Fairy who brings insperations to artists, in exchange for draining their life force (or just eating a few paintings)
Wotters gonna' wot

Easy Mode

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 07:53:35 PM »
I made this thread already. With pictures and everything.

Is it still around?

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 08:51:33 PM »
Um, so, question: So, basically, this is an OC thread?

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 10:00:20 PM »
Um, so, question: So, basically, this is an OC thread?

correctamundo

Drake

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 10:05:10 PM »
Well, I guess I haven't finished the remainder of my characters. I should get to it eventually.

but the way the first post was worded it sounded really weird

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 10:08:31 PM »

Josette would like a word.

Toasty

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 11:40:45 PM »
In honor of all those 100 year old accordions, we need an accordion tsukumogami.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 11:55:55 PM »
I say there should be some tsukumogami based around the Imperial Regalia of Japan...

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 12:00:38 AM »
Then, if it's an OC thread, I should present my most used OC, based of off me, aka my youkai self, The Youkai of Coincidence!

The power over coincidence maybe needs some explanation: When something has a Fate, there are a line of actions what leads to this Fate. This Fate cannot be changed, not even with Coincidences. For me, the power of Coincidence, is the power to change these lines' so they can cross each other, bind together, and linking themselves to a new Fate. Thus, this power is like the natural enemy of Remilia's Power over Fate. She can change the Fate of anything or anyone, yet the power of Coincidence can sever the Lines of Actions binded to those Fates and binding to another Fate.
Or something like that.

Anyway, I somehow imagined this character of mine as a fairly weak one, because he's a He, and Guys are bad in Danmaku. But he, coincidentally, learned Onmyodo magic to control wild Fairies or to summon his own Fairy Shikigamis. But, he's still weak, but at least he can do basic danmaku.

I kinda created him subconsciously while I was obsessed with Touhou, just like I always do when I'm obsessed with something. I'm planning to use in one of my fanworks if I ever get motivated to do something like that. What is unlikely.

Yeah, Fanwank. But I somehow imagine that most of us have some kind of "other selves" what could belong to the world of Gensokyo.
Also I have another OC, based of some person I know; she'd have the Power over Karma.

Drake

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 12:12:12 AM »
Power over Karma.
lol no

Name: Kuroba Awayo | 口ロば・あわよ
Ability: Manipulation of karma
Occupation: Brings good fortune to those who do kind deeds and karma to those who misdeed.
Species: Youkai
Stage: 1

Danmaku: Square patterns and clover-shaped patterns
Spell cards:
                (Midboss) Good Fortune "Rabbit's Foot" | 幸せ「兎の脚」
                Eureka! "Gold at the End of the Rainbow | ユーレカ!「虹の末に金」
                Vicious Circle "What Goes Around Comes Around" | 悪循環「罰が当たる」

Relationship: Various minor fairies including Lily, although unmentioned.

Location: Throughout Gensokyo, but particularly near the western human village.

Personality: Although she embodies the phrase "What goes around comes around", she's fairly naive, so sometimes she will give unjust fortunes. Extraordinarily innocent, she would never rig a contest or give someone bad karma out of spite or something of the sort, and always believes that her choices are right, no matter what it is.

Likes: People who do good deeds, obviously. She also likes cats.

Dislikes: People who speak poorly of her decisions.

Appearance: Gold eyes, short green hair with a long length down each of her shoulders tied with a gold bow, and topped with a green beret shaped like a clover. She wears a blue-green gradated one-piece blouse that fits around to her lower thigh where it frills off, and at the collar, there's a golden horseshoe design. She only wears socks on her feet. She carries a tambourine and has a Maneki Neko figurine on a necklace.

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 01:06:53 AM »
Not suppose to be funny, just feel like doing something random.

Name: FACEMEN
Ability: Manipulation of facial expression
Species: Face Youkai

Danmaku: Expression shaped bullets.
Spell cards:
                Face Sign [AWESOME]
                Smile Sign [CHEEESE]
                AWESOME Sign [Face replacement]

Relationship: Yukari's pet project.

Personality: Any Inter-wiz can summon this youkai and prank-curse the target by temporally replacing the face.

Dislikes: UNAWESOME FACE.

Appearance: AWESOME.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 01:33:17 AM »
I've had several OCs...

Zappa (from that Meiling Bad End)
Nojiko Satsuyajuu (Chimera)
Gao-san (Manticore)
Shirotori Basilikrow (Cockatrice)
Karasa (Tsukumogami - Hardhat type)
Chairo Kawatsuchi (Mole youkai)
Hojou Gamatatsu (Axolotl youkai)

and some others I can't remember...
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 01:37:40 AM »
This thread needs more pics.

Or at least detailed descriptions of appearance.

Drake

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 02:18:00 AM »
<copy/paste>

Name: Lete Brightcarol | レイテイ・ブライトカロル
Ability: Manipulation of brightness
Species: Greater Fairy
Stage: 2

Danmaku: Bright bullets, many complex weaving patterns
Spell cards:
               derp empty
               i should really
               finish these girls

Relationship: Unknown, but is said to have been friendly with the Aki sisters

Location: Hidden beach and geyser beyond the mountains outside of Mayohiga

Personality: Serious about her job, but she would rather sit in her own little paradise instead of being praised by the humans, who adore summer. Not shy, but humble. A bit too happy. Even though her paradise is secluded from humans, she is still often visited by youkai and others who can fly. Although in the same manner, rarely leaving the valley means that she doesn't do much worth mentioning.

Likes: Summer, human sports and umbrellas. Interested in the outside world's polar seasonal system.

Dislikes: Those who disturb her valley to cause trouble, mainly. She's too laidback and giddy to care much about disliking things. She doesn't even dislike winter, as she hibernates all through. The first natural snowflake that hits the ground signals her sleep.

Appearance: Orange eyes. Blonde hair, long, wavy and flowing, sporting a straw summer hat with a blue ribbon. Her top is comprised of a sort of large shawl overtop of a simple blue full-chest bikini. The shawl is split at the shoulders and flows over her chest and back and has a flower pattern. The bikini also covers all the way down to her midsection, and tails out at the sides. Her bottom is also a sort of shawl, wrapped around her waist and tied. It's rainbow-colored and goes down to her knees.

Name: Deka Tantei | 出日・短艇
Ability: Ability to spot incredible detail, although possesses exceptional skills in sleuthing.
Occupation: Runs a solo detective business in a mobile house that wanders around Gensokyo.
Stage: 3

Danmaku: Homing bullets and detective-like patterns. How is it detective-like? Dunno.
Spell cards:
                (Midboss) Dead Sign "Following a Trail Gone Cold" | 死符「暗中模索」
                Whodunit "The Girl in the Brown Suit" | フーダニット「茶色の服の少女」
                Logic Sign "Elementary, My Dear" | 理符「初歩的、お前さん」
                Observing Eye "Underneath the Magnifying Glass | 観察眼「下の拡大鏡」
                Whodunit "The Mirror is Crack'd from Side to Side" | フーダニット「鏡は左右にクラックト」

Relationship: Has made friends with many of Gensokyo's residents.

Location: Her house travels on wheels; she travels everywhere.

Personality: (This is actually supposed to be empty, but she's you know, DETECTIVE. I solve your problems for a sum, Elementary, my dear Reimu, witty and sarcastic, uses logic and rhetoric to confuse the hell out of people and make from sound retarded, etc.)

Likes: Hats, books and people who pay well for her services.

Dislikes: Cases with no leads, dead ends, being broke. (In this way, I found her to be very similar to Nitori interpretations)

Appearance: Traditional detective agent. Green eyes and short, wavy white hair that curls on end. She wears a plaid Sherlock Holmes-style detective cap, and an open brown coat (+tail) with buttons all the long. A yellow ribbon is tied to her left arm. Underneath the coat is ANOTHER COAT, tan in color and buttoned up. A (design pending) skirt covers light beige leggings, and traditional Gensokyo shoes.

I just found it incredibly funny that recently ZUN referenced Laputa in the UFO music room, as Laputa is the main setting for the plot. I created the plot and characters about a month after SA, too.

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 03:13:09 AM »
oh,i created that things before!

this is old:The Enlighting Rainstorm of a Strange East Journey.

and now i will copy-paste my own description of each one from other thread (except the EX mode of old known XD)

*takes a old copybook where are that old unused story charas*

Name:Pixie Shuwuneng (chibi pig who loves big truffles)
Ability:manipulation of earth (only can removes earth to one place to another)
Species:Hanyou (half pig youkai,half human)
Stage:2
Danmaku:(not sure,but related with spirals,rocks and shooms....looks big and with diverse sizes,because are drawed for herself XD)
Spell cards:
Relationship:one of the students from Keine.
Personality:happy,innocent but a bit glutton.Very confident.her original parents died in a sad accident,and was adopted for a human family.Her smell sense is good,but more with the strange spell who affected the half youkai...and the scent of truffles atraccted her to the forest,and begins to search shrooms removing the earth...and with that,avalanches started!
Dislikes:Pork!

Name:Sandy Umiko (Child of the lost Ocean,half siren half kappa)
Ability:manipulation of sound down the water-manipulation of waves
Species:Hanyou? (half ninyou,half kappa)
Stage:3
Danmaku:bubbles,waves..all underwater!
Spell cards:
Relationship:friend of Nitori.
Location:a new river formed with the rain.she lived before in the mountain river.
Personality:shy,lonely,melancholic...she wants return to her home (the sea) but the boundary of Gensokyo impides this...but with the new power who the final boss gives to all hanyous,she now wants try broke the boundary with water...and almost sink the human village.
Dislikes:humans who dirt the river.

Name:Akita Shibari (faithful ghost dog of steel)
Ability:manipulation of ropes,knots and bonds
Species:Inugami (black)
Stage:4
Danmaku:normal danmaku and ropes,crochet patterns,shibari paterns,macrame paterns...hojojutsu too.
Spell cards:more weak than the girls ones,only have the half of the duration of the normal ones.
Relationship:was the little dog of Kourin before "dies" and transform into a inugami.
Location:is a vagrand;walks for all Gensokyo searching his master.
Personality:extremadly faithful to his loved master (who only remember his face,like a little child with sad eyes) and for that,even transformed into a inugami....and looks girly because was only a puppy when was killed.With the recient strange acting of the rain and the magic in the air,Akita feels who his master is in danger and run to the sky searching if are there,and will defend him even with his life.
Dislikes:intrudes and bad people.

(after this appears Kourin like a sleeping half dragon,floating above the clouds,who make a continuous rainstorm for two weeks;he is in a trance and can?t recognise anyone.have a loooong hair and scales in his shoulders.after defeat him,he can remember nothing than a strange woman with floating golden hair and a weird tan.)

Name:Honey Gokuraku (Ginger cutemonkey of the five fruits)
Ability:imitation,accumulation and multiplication of ofensive power.(think in the original Son Goku XD) and can dominate the other monkeys too.
Species:god monkey (unknoun origin...daugther of Hannuman? Son Goku incarnation? lol)
Stage:6
Danmaku:a extencible bo,multiplication of herself,imitation of danmaku of others,mistical power (her kind eat the heaven peaches)
Spell cards:
Relationship:bodykeeper of the last boss (later,rival of Suika)
Location:where have diversion or troubles,there is for sure.
Personality:selfish,always happy,disobey a lot,likes fight with strong people constantly...she getting bored easily and was the real guilty of all this insident XD,she manipulate her master for "help people".
Dislikes:the hakkero of Marisa.

Name:Satti Gaudi Ishbara (Kilin of the lotus,awaken in a paradise)
Ability:manipulation of truth (she can show the real truths)
Species:Kilin (really,she can obtain any form who want.She is a manifestation of something divine,and how she are in Gensokyo,adquires that form)
Stage:7
Danmaku:lots of danmakus of diverse sizes,forming mandalas.
Spell cards:mandalas,chakras,etc...and the "ultimate truth" (nothing is real)
Relationship:master of Honey and a helping person.
Personality:naive and very good person...she wants help to the Gensokyo people to no suffer anymore...but forget who the humanity needs learn from their pain.She have the power of iluminate people,but sometimes this is "too much light" and turns into inconcience,and that is the thing who happen with the hanyous of Gensokyo...they are in the middle,"no real no fantastic" and turn into a hipnotic state,and forget all their past when are in her spell.
Dislikes:the lies.

and says my copybook who in the stage 4 appears alternatively Tokiko"Nipponia"(unknoun red wingered youkai) who is angry because with the rain,she lose her house...and want knows who are the guilty for defeat and obtain a new home.

and,in my fever of gijinkas (humanized things),i take this two eyed Gensokyo "charas" (YuugenMagan,Evil eye Sigma) and now is my crack pairing...

In the imageboard,i was one time a Hanyou,and ambulant artist a bit excentric who can manipulate the colors of things,animals and people in 10 meters to 50 meters (i call her Heiwa Iroku, XD)
can "change" in all the meaning of the word; the colors (red to green of any object for example) and opinions, even sexual preference,because in old japanese, "same gender" is called sometimes "same color". (this auto-chara continuosly use that last power for her fetish XD)
obviously,is like myself but my hair and my eyes change with my own preference.sometimes is straight and sometimes...not.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 05:34:43 PM by VIVI »

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 03:17:24 AM »
obligatory

Name: Gordon Ramsey
Ability: Ability to turn f****** pieces of s*** into something rustic, fresh and popular
Stage: Too good to be in any f****** level with copy and paste enemies, he refuses to appear in a game unless his level is fresh, clean, rustic and uses local ingredients.
Danmaku: Giant knives, puts Sakuya's danmaku to shame.
Spell cards: F*** sign: Get the f*** out
                Michellin Star sign: I can cook better than you, so f*** off
                Piece of s*** sign: This is a f****** nightmare
Personality: Pretty cool but if you run a bad restaurant he will f*** you up
Dislikes: Mystia Lorelei, her f****** sad excuse for a restaurant is a f****** disgrace.
            Yuyuko.

Toasty

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 03:31:36 AM »
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 03:33:44 AM by Toasty »

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 08:17:05 AM »
lol no

Well, it happens. I'm still thinking about the new ability of my other OCs, after Nue showed up with her Manipulation of Appearance.

So let's see. All my OCs is from my very first game idea. The plot was something like a gap opened to an other Gensokyo what was drifted out from existence because it has been forgotten. This Gensokyo was actually the Dreamworld of CtC, but while at the end of CtC, a new Gensokyo was created, it wasn't the recollection of the old one, but a completely new one. Or something like that.
And the residents of this world were the "Forgottens". They are like the Nobodies of someone from Kingdom Hearts.
The game would have featured Satsuki Rin as a Boss, and Meimu as the Final Boss. And several OCs.

Name: Sifil Icebrand
Ability: Manipulation of Memory
Species: Forgotten Youkai
Stage: Stage 1
Danmaku: Mainly Based around ice, wind, and chilly weather
Personality: DEPRESSED nature. Always laments on the fun memories she had while she was still a normal being.
Likes: Ice and chilly weather. This may suggest some connection to her original self.
Dislikes: People in general, and those who are having fun.
Appearance: Light blue hair, with a ponytail. Wears a light blue robe with hood. Her face resembles Cirno's.

The Haru Sisters
Name: Haru Yayoi and Haru Uzuki
Ability: Making Plants Sprout (Yayoi), Power of the Spring Sun (Uzuki)
Occupation: The Gods of Spring. Just like the Aki sisters, just at Spring. They're always together, as both of the powers are needed to bring spring. Even thought they always travel with Lily, they're mostly invisible to everybody. They are actually the "power" of Lily.
Species: Gods
Stage: Stage 2
Danmaku: Yayoi plants seeds, then Uzuki shoots with a laser. When the laser touches a seed, it blooms, creating a flower pattern.
Personality: Yayoi: Boke, Uzuki: Tsukkomi
Appearance: Uhh, Yayoi: pinkish hair, Uzuki: white hair, umm some simple frilly clothes with flowers on it I guess... I'm bad at this.
Miscellanous: They're much more better than the Aki Sisters in Manzai. There are rumors of a third sister, called Haru Satsuki.

More later.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 08:09:49 PM by Solais »

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 10:01:42 AM »
Remembered another one, who was the Big Bad in Gensokyo Battle Chronicles.

Name: Shiori Kinokoyama
Title: Matango of Lunacy
Ability: Manipulation of Fungi
Species: Youkai (Mushroom)
Stage: Final Boss

Danmaku: Based around Mushrooms obviously. Although some come in the form of spore clouds.
Spell cards:
- Agaric Sign "Ruinous Breath of Wonderspore"
- Psychadelic "Brain Shaking Boletus King"    
- Amantia Sign "Pantherina's Talon"
- Mycelium "Roots to the Destroying Angel"

Relationship: Alice Margatroid
Spoiler:
(In GBC:Victim)

Personality: Formely a cheerful youkai that loved her fellow mushroom youkai as if they were her own kin, but later drove herself mad when she tested her powers and accidentially manipulated herself. Now she's nothing more than a roving lunatic that torments the mushroom youkai and does wierd and down right nasty things to them.

Likes: 'Manipulating' things, Rape, Tearing things apart, Vulgar language
Dislikes: People who get in the way of the above things.
Appearance: Long, wavy fushia hair, wears a poofy hat that's similar to Toyohime's (mushroom like aint it), wears a white shirt and a long blue dress.

History: Shiori was the final boss of the first episode to Gensokyo Battle Chronicles (a text adventure I started long ago, it's still in UGW last I checked). In the game it was revealed that Shiori was the one who ordered the mushroom youkai to head to the surface and plant strange mushroomrs that induce temporary lunacy. The mushrooms obeyed Shiori not because the liked the idea but beacuse they could not defy her wills. Being Shiori has the power to manipulate fungi, she can make any and all mushroom youkai do exactly as she says even if they are unwilling to do it.

Later it was discovered that Shiori had kidnapped Alice and brought to her where she would try to infuse her with a giant mushroom that would in turn cause all of the strange mushrooms she had planted to unleash spores. These spores, when inhale, destroy brain cells and cause the victim to lose their mind. Shiori was later stopped and killed by Karasa, Cirno, Reimu and Marisa after learning that she not only tried to doom Gensokyo to complete chaos but also raped, tortured, and murdered dozens of innocent mushroom youkai.
Spoiler:
It was hinted in game that she also raped Alice numerous times before her death.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 04:12:19 PM by Demon President Erebus »

Alrisandre Margaletrisame

• The Raving Puppet
  • Protector of the Mercatian Border Enchuridion
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »
My boss has one:

Name: Phoebe Lunarisa
Title: The Sanguineous
Ability: Manipulation and generation of blood
Species: Youkai (She will swear she's human, though)
Appears In: "Beyond Border Gensokyo" by Kitaen Silva
Stage: 4 (Also playable)
Theme: Derivation of this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXLDMXagyUI&feature=related

Danmaku: Aimed (slightly randomized) spray, sun-like arches and flares, super-tightly-packed groups of bullets that stay onscreen and roam or stop randomly (some could be aimed to follow player, but they stop and move unpredictably), explosive melee attacks, and "perceptive shots" that attempt to predict where you will move to.

Spell cards:
   Horror Sign - ["Revealing of the Clandestine Eyes"]
   Terror Sign - ["Deep Crimson Stare"]
   Pain Sign - ["Afflicted and Pouring Out Heart"]
   Wound Sign - ["Flowing of the Red River"]
   Pain Sign - ["Directed Bestiality of an Ensanguined Power"]
   Truculence - ["Bloodstained Warhammer"]
   Emophilia - ["Blood Moon"]

Relationship: Remilia and Flandre Scarlet ('Game' for Remi and Flan), Patchouli Knowledge (Phoebe's language teacher), Hourai (Phoebe's first Gensokyo re-encounter, and best friend), Reimu Hakurei (Phoebe's 'rescuer'), Marisa Kirisame (Phoebe's magic and broom-riding teacher), Alice Margatroid (Phoebe's doll-making and maintenance teacher), Sakuya Izayoi (Phoebe's temporary acting probation officer), Eirin Yagokoro (revived Phoebe on re-entry to Gensokyo)

Location: (He hasn't decided on where he wants her to live just yet... it's a toss up between Hakurei Shrine and moving back into Scarlet Devil Mansion again.)
Personality: Extremely confident, knows what she wants and how to properly get it, quick learner, generally very easy going, but she has an explosive temper that can blot out the sun in a geyser of blood that coats the countryside.

Likes: Friends, Socializing, Humans (not to eat), Learning
Dislikes: Her bloody 'disease', the color red, being called unhuman
Appearance: (Notes on below image: Her eyes are always closed, because they usually induce a strange horror in people and friends, but her right(?) eye is deep cobalt with sword-like rays of sapphire, and her left(?) is candle-flame with what appears to be paint-splatters of neon orange. Also, he 'ears' are actually a part of her hood, that when pulled down bears a resemblance to small faerie's wings. Her coat is specially made to contain and direct her violent eruptions, that normally shred and vaporize any other fabrics and garments into oblivion, but even this coat is showing signs of deterioration. Her natural expression appears melancholic, but even when happy, she still seems to have something tragic on her mind.

History: When she was little, she used to live with Remilia and Flandre Scarlet, where they lived a generally carefree life. Phoebe used her blood to keep Remi sustained, and Remi would take some to Flandre, who was still in the basement. Patchouli and Phoebe used to play games with Sakuya in the Voile Library. Then one day, something (undecided) happened, and Phoebe decided to leave Gensokyo. With Reimu beng the one that maintained the border, Phoebe sought out the miko, who had a slightly less-known service of passing over those who wished to leave Gensokyo. Reimu would prepare a ward to place over the exit point and re-strengthen the weakened area, then remove the memories of anything to do with the one passing over from all Gensokyo residents, followed by wiping the memory of the one passing over. Once someone has passed over, it was as though that person never existed. However, Phoebe had accidentally come across the Mercatia Border Enchuridion with a group of friends, and they were all transported into Gensokyo. Phoebe has no memory of ever having been here, but as she spends time in Gensokyo, her memory returns in bits and pieces. Patchouli also experiences flash memory return.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 04:55:41 PM »
Eh, Someone who may appear in a story or something. Based off of the God of Words from Japanese mythos (I forgot his name).

Name: Hiro Musushi
Title: "Words of an Honest God"
Ability: Power to make things written or said a reality.
Species: Diety

Relationships: Patchouli Knowledge (Likes his books), Heida no Akyuu (Likes his books), Kanako Yasaka (Fellow Deity), Suwako Moriya (Fellow Diety)
Location: Truth Nirvana (basically an underground Library located somewhere on the youkai mountain)
Personality: Serious, quiet but is actually rather reasonable considering the other folks of Gensokyo. Is an avid book reader and often writes short stories that he sells at the Human Village. Hiro isn't very outspoken and usually doesn't say much when in a crowd, however, whenever he does talk, he usually has a tendency to say only one word which seems to sum up to an entire sentence. Strange. The again, he's a god of words so...
Dislikes: Crowds, Those who destroy books
Appearance: Short dark green hair, eyes are of an eerie shade of grey. Has a rather bland attire for a god, to which he dons a simple green robe and pants.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 07:17:47 PM »
I think I'll try my hand at this...

"Valiant Blade of Old Japan"
Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi

Ability: Manipulation of Wind, able to turn her right arm into an exact replica of her sword form.
Species: Tsukumogami

Relationships: Aya Shameimaru (Fellow wind manipulator/Rival), Youmu Konpaku (Sparring Buddy), Hieda no Akyuu (Interested in the long history of her original form), Kogasa Tatara (Friend)

Personality: Carefree and somewhat of a loud person, though easy to anger.  She becomes oddly unresponsive and depressed when asked about certain aspects of her past (which prevents Akyuu from obtaining much information about her).  Loves to fight, and has a somewhat distorted sense of justice. Also quite lazy unless it comes to fighting.  Usually easy to get along with despite her temper.  Is an extreme light-weight when it comes to alcohol, and the fumes alone are enough to knock her out for hours.  Respects anyone who wields a sword with considerable skill.

Most Powerful Spell Card:  [Typhoon Sign- Wrath of Fujin-sama] (Referring to the Mongol Horde's attempted invasions of Japan).

Dislikes: Aya Shameimaru, pranks, her past, alcohol.

Appearance: Medium length orange-ish hair, blood-red eyes, and is around 6 feet tall.  Her attire consists of a bland brown shirt with an olive green skirt with a black spiral pattern that goes around the entire skirt.  Says "the skirt makes it easier to maneuver in". 

History: Said to have been obtained by the hero Susano after slaying Yamata-no-Orochi, Kusanagi was presented to the Goddess Amaterasu after the battle.  Susano had named her "Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi".  She obtained a conscience a century after Susano's victory.  She never reverted to her youkai form, and decided to sleep for most of the time while occasionally viewing the events around her.  After many centuries, she was given as a gift to a man named Takeru Yamato.  During a battle, Takeru discovered that Kusanagi could manipulate the wind, and thus triumphed over his would-be assailants using this new power.  Due to this, he gave Kusanagi her current name which "I like because it's a hell of a lot easier to remember" she is quoted as having said to Youmu on an occasion.  After this, Kusanagi tends to become extremely uncomfortable due to a chain reaction of traumatic events, and the details are extremely hazy.  All that can be ascertained is that she somehow found her way to Gensokyo during the early 21st century, and hasn't been seen in her sword form since entering, as she is more comfortable in her youkai form.  Since her arrival, she has managed to start a bitter rivalry with Aya Shameimaru, and has become friends with some of Gensokyo's inhabitants.

Tried my best at including some of the legend of the sword's origins in there.
Hopefully its a bit entertaining. XD
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 07:19:41 PM by Kasu »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 07:51:31 PM »
Josette would like a word.

Technically she doesn't count since she's not a youkai :V

Since I'm making a post anyway, time for PoSR character FUN FACTS!
LEI LEI:
- She was once a powerful vampire, but in an attempt to grow her influence, she wanted to build up an immunity to vampire weaknesses. So, she lingered outside during sunsets and sunrises, and ate garlicky dishes with fine silverware every day. It worked, and these things no longer harm her, but she lost most of her power as a result. She's quite proud of it, regardless, and considers herself the most powerful vampire because of it. This is ironic because what she actually did was partially cure her vampirism. If she keeps living this way, she will eventually become just an ordinary low-level demon.
- She believes her power is at its strongest when the sun sets. This is actually false, as she was simply experiencing the feeling of relief of the sun setting (she does not acknowledge that the sun still weakens her somewhat), and mistook it as a surge of power. However, due to the placebo effect, she is at her most dangerous at this time of day.
- She's much like Kramer in that one episode of Seinfeld, believing that since she can be active at both day and night she doesn't need to sleep. However, she winds up taking naps and falling asleep at random times of the day.
GINNY:
- In line with other fairies, her fairy name is Bright Berry. However, when she introduced herself to Stella, she mistakenly believed it was her last name, calling her "Miss Brightberry". When Stella later asked what her first name was, Bright Berry was confused since she didn't have any other names, and thought she was missing a first name. So, she had Stella pick a name for her, and she now goes by the full name "Ginny Brightberry". Fairies are stupid.
- All fairies embody some aspect of nature or emotion of some sort; Ginny embodies the competitive spirit, and given the nature of Gensokyo, this is the source of her nigh infinite energy.
- Ginny trains diligently, longing to attain the title of "strongest". Though in her dialogue she seems to allude to having been beaten by Cirno, the one who actually beat her was Lily White. Ginny does not know Cirno exists.
STELLA:
- Like Alice, Stella was a human who became a youkai magician. Unlike Alice, Stella abandoned her humanity entirely, and she avoids humans unless they also practice magic. Stella detests society and lives among fairies and other uncivilized youkai.
- She is claustrophobic and doesn't like being indoors with no windows.
- Stella does not have access to many magical books, so she practices the raw theory of magic. If you were to put it in D&D terms, you might say Stella is a Sorceror, compared to the other magicians being Wizards.
- Her ability is the ability to "clear the night sky". Unlike most other abilities, this one is very specific in its application but also quite immutable. Her use of it usually just means you can always see the stars near her; but it could, for example, push Suika in mist form out of the air, close a huge gap opened by Yukari in the sky, or remove Eirin's fake moon if it was blocking the stars. Of course, what happens after she angers the owners of those obstructions is another story.
EDNA:
- Edna died in a game of Wine In Front Of Me, attempting to solve a dispute with her sister over the family inheritance. Being a sore loser, she haunted her sister and drove her to madness, and drove the family to ruin. Afterwards, she took everything she could and retired to Gensokyo.
- She likes to put cyanide in her tea because she likes the bitter almond taste. If Edna offers you tea, don't drink it.
- Her ultimate plan is to gain control of Hakugyokurou, and flood Gensokyo with the spirits of the deceased, and she is currently laying out an enormous Xanatos Roulette to this end. However, as it entails dealing with Yuyuko, Youmu, Yukari, Sikieiki, Reimu etc etc this may take a while. Yuyuko is aware of her intentions but has not acted yet, and is probably planning some ridiculous counter herself, given her personality.

Holy shit that was a lot more words than I was planning.

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 08:09:04 PM »
Continuing.

Name: Rose Flamberge
Ability: Manipulation of Joy
Stage: Stage 3
Danmaku: Flame and Firework based
Personality: JOYFUL nature. Very happy, easygoing, and she always wants to have fun. For her, everything, and I say EVERYTHING is fun.
Appearance: Flame colored long hair, in two pigtails. A frilly gothic lolita dress whats pattern, and even its whole design resembles fire. Somehow her face resembles Orin's, but there's nothing else what resembles her. Strange.
Miscellanous: EVERYTHING is Fun to her.

Name: Erion Valmanway
Ability: Manipulation of Magic (previously Manipulation of Appearance; also manipulation of magic means that she can deflect, absorb or control any kind of magic)
Stage: Stage 4 and 5
Danmaku: Speed and Sword-based. Her weapons are several light swords (aka object lasers).
Personality: SERIOUS nature. Very serious and loyal to her 'Mistress'. Shows no emotion.
Appearance: Long, blonde hair. Her cloth is something very conventional to fast movement and swordfight (aka, I didn't thought much about it.)
Miscellanous: She is CtC Marisa's Forgotten Form. In the game, her 'Mistress' would have been the 'creator' of the Dreamworld, the dream Reimu (aka 'White Reimu'), who became formless, but using the three "Forgotten Sister's" power, she gained form and became Meimu. She would have been the Final Boss.
The heroine would have faced Erion in stage 4 first, disguised herself as Marisa.
Also, Stage 6 would have featured Satsuki Rin as boss, and she would have been a Forgotten too. But she's not loyal to Meimu. The Final Stage would had been the 7th stage.

More later, as the story would have continued to the Extra stages. Aka two more characters.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 08:12:23 PM by Solais »

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 09:04:29 PM »
Name: Nagisa Furukawa
Ability: resistance to Utsuho's nuclear powers
Species: Roach Youkai
Relationships: partner of Yamame
Personality: friendly and emotional
Description: Nagisa crawls the endless caves of the underground, using her antennae and compound eyes to scavenge for food. She is a friend to other bug Youkai, like Wriggle and Yamame, and to other denizens of the upper underground, like Parsee. She is often harrassed by Rin and the countless fairy minions of Satori. Fortunately, Nagisa can take quite a beating, and has an astounding resistance to Utsuho's dreaded nuclear fusion.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 09:18:09 PM »
Description: Nagisa crawls the endless caves of the underground, using her antennae and compound eyes to scavenge for food. She is a friend to other bug Youkai, like Wriggle and Yamame, and to other denizens of the upper underground, like Parsee. She is often harrassed by Rin and the countless fairy minions of Satori. Fortunately, Nagisa can take quite a beating, and has an astounding resistance to Utsuho's dreaded nuclear fusion.

I like this.  :V

Also, this reminds me of someone mentioning a cockroach youkai that would be even more persistant than Orin.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 09:21:03 PM »
I was not expecting this. XD

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 10:13:40 PM »
Not suppose to be funny, just feel like doing something random.

Name: FACEMEN
Ability: Manipulation of facial expression
Species: Face Youkai

Danmaku: Expression shaped bullets.
Spell cards:
                Face Sign [AWESOME]
                Smile Sign [CHEEESE]
                AWESOME Sign [Face replacement]

Relationship: Yukari's pet project.

Personality: Any Inter-wiz can summon this youkai and prank-curse the target by temporally replacing the face.

Dislikes: UNAWESOME FACE.

Appearance: AWESOME.

how did you know?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 05:37:36 AM by Darkblizer »