Author Topic: (Walfas Flash Game) ReimuBros 2.0.4  (Read 9926 times)

(Walfas Flash Game) ReimuBros 2.0.4
« on: March 04, 2015, 10:06:42 PM »

Is a flash game loosely based on the classic Nintendo arcade "Mario Bros"(aka that battle minigame from Mario 3).

Play it online here: http://rsgmaker.deviantart.com/art/ReimuBros-V1-4-Flash-Game-517459025
Or download it to your computer here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/reimubros/downloads

Features:
  • Play as and unlock over 100 playable characters, each with their own abilities.
  • Face off against a great variety of enemies.
  • Survive over 20 events that can occur throughout your play session.
  • Challenge multiple game modes.
  • Purchase outfits from the in-game shop with the coins you've earned, for your avatar.
  • Customize your own walfas avatar to play as(multiplayer compatible).
  • Participate in multiplayer co-op up to 4 players.
  • All this and more...

Default controls:
Press up to jump.
Press down to activate your character's ability.
Press space to interact with a background object(eg; throw a table)
Press enter to open a menu in-game(this also pauses the game in single player)
Press M(in game only) to toggle mute.

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 05:20:53 AM by RSGmaker »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: (Walfas Flash Game) ReimuBros
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:20:12 PM »
I don't know exactly how to play - touching anything that's not Chen or Ran kills you, and you if you hit Rumia, her sprite starts falling multiple times from the sky.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:37:03 PM »
I don't know exactly how to play - touching anything that's not Chen or Ran kills you, and you if you hit Rumia, her sprite starts falling multiple times from the sky.
you hit the block beneath the enemy to flip them over, touching them in that state kills them, you carefully dodge everything and get rid of each enemy.
chen,ran and cirno are optional obstacles that dont need to be defeated.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 11:49:37 PM »
You know you need a new computer when this has a delay input of 5 seconds...

That aside, this is very very good, I really liked it

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 12:58:34 AM »
i have updated ReimuBros to version 1.3:which adds characters,options menu(keybinding/volume adjustments) as well as a few small things and adjustments.

You know you need a new computer when this has a delay input of 5 seconds...

That aside, this is very very good, I really liked it
Thanks, There are a some core changes in this version maybe the input will work better now, i'm not sure of it though.

Tsuken Yasashi

• Student of War
  • Ready to start fightin' for real?
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 10:27:11 AM »
At first, I thought it was just gonna be a rip-off of the Mario Bros game...

And then, Cirno happened...

It would be nice to have a run button, but other than that, you've got yourself a solid game here!

Between Two Dimensions - Arc One Complete

"War is a grave affair of state; it is a place of life and death, a road to survival and extinction.  A matter to be pondered carefully..."  -Sun Tzu's Art of War

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 08:11:29 AM »
The clever ways you use the enemies adds a lot of entertainment.  There were times that the game felt like a real bullet hell.

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 11:35:32 PM »
I have updated ReimuBros to version 1.4 this update contains more enemies,events,character, and many extras.
At first, I thought it was just gonna be a rip-off of the Mario Bros game...

And then, Cirno happened...

It would be nice to have a run button, but other than that, you've got yourself a solid game here!
I'm not 100% certain but i think freezie enemies were in all the mario bros games(except super mario bros 3 i think) which froze platforms too.
but i did leave out icicles and instead decided to add UFOs and bullets instead
alot of programs only allow 2 keyboard keys of input at once,unfortunately my game suffers the same issue so i cant add a button you need to hold.
The clever ways you use the enemies adds a lot of entertainment.  There were times that the game felt like a real bullet hell.
when you get to levels 31+ even more bullets fill your screen XD

Re: (Walfas Flash Game) ReimuBros 2.0.0
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 11:08:36 PM »
I've updated ReimuBros to version 2.0.0!
This version includes Custom Avatars, and new:abilities,events,items,enemies,gamemode,challenges,mechanics,music,and more!

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 03:34:07 AM »
How is Sakuya's ability supposed to resolve?

It just paused everything, and I can't do anything else besides changing the character, which still leaves the game stopped.

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 05:07:34 AM »
How is Sakuya's ability supposed to resolve?

It just paused everything, and I can't do anything else besides changing the character, which still leaves the game stopped.

Oh...that's a bug, it's supposed to pause briefly and then do its effect.
I'll look into whats causing it, and post a small update soon.

Re: (Walfas Flash Game) ReimuBros 2.0.1
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 02:16:41 AM »
ReimuBros has been updated to version 2.0.1! This update adds new events, new enemies, bugfixes, small gameplay tweaks, description tweaks, and a handful of small changes.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 01:47:08 AM »
Just wanted to say, I've been playing this game a lot lately. It's a ton of fun. Seeing legions of Keines everywhere but no unlockable one yet is frustrating, but I'm sure I'll get her eventually.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 04:27:50 PM »
Just wanted to say, I've been playing this game a lot lately. It's a ton of fun. Seeing legions of Keines everywhere but no unlockable one yet is frustrating, but I'm sure I'll get her eventually.
I should add character unlock information to the ReimuBros Manual ,actually I still need to update it to reflect the 2.0.1 update.
If you have trouble finding Keine you can find her
Spoiler:
in the Eintei stage.

edit: I've updated the ReimuBros manual
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 07:58:27 PM by RSGmaker »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2015, 04:43:16 PM »
Maybe this becomes less true as you get better at the game, but so far Alice seems like the best character in the game (or at least the best character I have) many times over. I had a very long run with her last night that ended up with my breaking my previous best score by like six times over. She basically just constantly pumps out extra lives,  but in many ways dolls are better than lives because they don't reset your position when you lose one so you can take high-scoring risks. Once I got to the point that I had two dolls and a steady supply of weapons it took a very, very long time for her to start losing lives. The water stage finally killed me, but that was partly because I didn't understand how it works. Now I do, so I don't think that should be a big problem again.

I also played All-Star Mode for a while yesterday and while it is fun I thought it was too hard to lose. Which is fair enough, that just means it's a very long-haul game, but I eventually quit because it was lasting well over an hour and even though the stages were getting much more difficult I was still gaining new characters only slightly slower than I was losing characters. If I saw it correctly, can you re-gain a character who already died by getting them again later?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 05:42:58 PM »
Maybe this becomes less true as you get better at the game, but so far Alice seems like the best character in the game (or at least the best character I have) many times over.
Balancing the abilities is something I don't think I'm going to do(it would take a ton of time), all the abilities are completely ridiculous in their own ways(I still nerf things that go too far though).
Alice certainly has a powerful a defensive ability, but I'm not sure if it's an actual problem, as it could just be a different play style that's working really well for you more than anything.
If Alice's ability makes the game too easy though, then I should nerf it just a little.
My personal pick for character abilities has been Reimu as well as characters with boosted movement speed.
I also played All-Star Mode for a while yesterday and while it is fun I thought it was too hard to lose. Which is fair enough, that just means it's a very long-haul game, but I eventually quit because it was lasting well over an hour and even though the stages were getting much more difficult I was still gaining new characters only slightly slower than I was losing characters. If I saw it correctly, can you re-gain a character who already died by getting them again later?
Yes you can unlock characters after you've already lost them.
All-Star mode is kind of hard to lose since unlockable enemies appear more frequently than lives do.
I may have to rethink how All-Star works as it isn't quite how I originally hoped it would play like.

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 01:32:48 AM »
My favorite was Suika because OP Black Hole is OP.

That black hole almost wipped out an entire stage when I first used it. :V

Re: (Walfas Flash Game) ReimuBros 2.0.2
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 10:55:56 PM »
I've updated ReimuBros to version 2.0.2. The update adds: new events, enemies, bugfixes, items, a handful of gameplay tweaks, Retro game mode, as well as other changes.

Retro game mode is a simplified version of the game, removing items, abilities and events, bringing the game a bit closer to the gameplay it was based on originally.