Author Topic: Hakurei Shrine God  (Read 26182 times)

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
Re: Hakurei Shrine God
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2009, 10:33:15 PM »
wtf shadowbringer

thunder dragon. think about it. make it happen.
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2009, 10:50:50 PM »
That or donating at her shrine.

No wonder nobody knows what it is, then 8D

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2009, 10:53:48 AM »
wtf shadowbringer

thunder dragon. think about it. make it happen.

wait wat?

yeah, Thunder Dragon is right.

srsly tho, my idea of the Hakurei Shrine God is probably about Reimu worshiping her ancestors which were before her, or when Gensokyo was in its infancy state.

I think I am right. (compared with Mima, which by all definitions, clearly stated she was an evil spirit residing in the shrine, unless she is enshrined as a youkai god)
in this, youkai gods, exists, certain myths depict certain characters of youkai, such as the tengu, for example, as Gods. Or maybe it worships a tree, a local god that doesn't speak, or move, but is the focus of natural energies that kept Gensokyo at its state of peace (ie. Nagi in the show Kannagi)
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2009, 01:11:29 PM »
There are people who worship evil-like god.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2009, 04:37:05 PM »

well, now we all know.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2009, 05:36:50 PM »
<how do i delete this message? >

"Eh, who needs brains in danmaku? Power, that's all you need!" -Kirisame Marisa

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 06:29:03 PM »
You can't.
Actually I wonder why the forums are like this, it should be that members can self moderate their own posts. (including deletion)

That said, here is another worthwhile theory, what if, say the Gods that the Hakurei worships is Gensokyo itself?
In ancient times, it was said that lands belong to Gods, and an even more ancient story tells that Japan was spread into 4 distinct islands through the work of a mighty sword (this you can see in literature). According to this legend, each land, Chugoku, Hokkaido etc are all distinct 'Gods', or 'fragments of Gods', so what if Hakurei shrine worships the land of Gensokyo itself.

It would prove worthy that the Hakurei should be the ones doing this, hence why 'Kanako is a foreign God' may mean more than her being an outside, but also outside of the nature of this land 'Gensokyo's prime god.'

shinyjam

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 06:50:51 PM »
That would be like the manifestation of Mother Earth, Gaia.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 07:27:49 PM »
you can

just delete your post before someone else posts

or, well, you could ask a mod for this forum (as in not me)
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 07:49:56 PM »
... an even more ancient story tells that Japan was spread into 4 distinct islands through the work of a mighty sword (this you can see in literature). According to this legend, each land, Chugoku, Hokkaido etc ...

Talk about Japanese expansionism.  :D  "China is a part of Japan.  China has always been a part of Japan."

I think you meant Shikoku.   ;)

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 08:01:19 PM »
that reminds me, is Chinese more like Latin?

I've been using "Latin-based" and "character-based" to refer to the different languages and I'm pretty sure that's wrong (Latin characters, etc)... I have no problem calling those languages "Chinese-based" tbh

shinyjam

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2009, 08:50:53 PM »
that reminds me, is Chinese more like Latin?

I've been using "Latin-based" and "character-based" to refer to the different languages and I'm pretty sure that's wrong (Latin characters, etc)... I have no problem calling those languages "Chinese-based" tbh
Not an expert on this, so I might be wrong.

Chinese language is one thousand year older then latin.

Your "latin-based" would be referring to the "Alphabet base" where it use varies version of alphabet and string them together to form a meaning.

Example: Apple (One word)

"character-based" are one combination of stroke in character.

example: 専 (one word)

Japanese is character based and is comprise of three set of word set that's not exactly working together but not gonna go in detail about it.

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2009, 05:42:04 AM »
First of all, are you talking about the languages, which are what you actually speak and hear (even if only in your head), or the writing systems, which are what is printed on a page?  Things can get confusing if you don't distinguish those.

You really can't call the Japanese language "Chinese-based", since the Chinese and Japanese languages are not at all similar.  It's true that Japan has borrowed a lot of words from Chinese, but other features of the languages, like grammar and pronunciation, are extremely different, and the two languages have different origins. Of course, neither language is at all like Latin or its descendant languages.

As for the writing systems, the Japanese writing system was based on the Chinese one and is still pretty close to it, though it's not identical.  The Chinese writing system is of a type called "logographic" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logogram), meaning that each character stands for a word or a major part of a word.  Japanese kanji characters are directly borrowed from Chinese characters (known in Chinese as "hanzi").

Japanese also has two other sets of characters, hiragana and katakana (collectively known as "kana").  These characters stand for syllables (usually either a consonant followed by a vowel or a simple bare vowel), so while they are not an alphabet, they are a bit closer to one than the kanji are.  This sort of character set is called a "syllabary" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syllabary).

And finally, there are alphabetic writing systems like the Latin alphabet.  Of course, you can have an alphabetic writing system that doesn't use the Latin alphabet: the Greek, Cyrillic, and Hebrew alphabets are obvious examples.  And using the Latin alphabet doesn't mean your language is Latin-based.  Italian, Spanish, and French are Latin-based languages (they all descended from Latin) which also use the Latin alphabet.  English, Czech, and Vietnamese use the Latin alphabet, but none of these languages are Latin-based (even though English has borrowed lots of Latin words).

I know that's a lot of detail and makes things more complicated, but I hope it also clears up some confusion.

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2009, 05:22:53 PM »
That would be like the manifestation of Mother Earth, Gaia.

Reimu is a Planeteer?

shinyjam

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2009, 05:32:11 PM »
Reimu is a Planeteer?
Something like Earth Priest.