Author Topic: Magia Record: Now available in anime flavor!  (Read 88428 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Magia Record: Rebellion sequel never, so this is canon now...
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2019, 02:20:06 PM »
Sucks to be Mami I guess. Chain-stunning bosses is pretty cheesy but she's just not a character without Bind. The devs decided to centralize her kit (and a lot of the other forest girls) around a game mechanic that that they apparently don't want people using? Cool...

Meanwhile, I was close to 100 pulls on the premium fate weave and decided to spend some of my compensation gems cashing it in, since the pool will never be this small again for another shot at Mitama. I pulled a duplicate Kirika, the only thing I have absolutely no interest at all in.

My last 5000(!) gems have been preeetty underwhelming, but at least I got a few more Recovery And Resolves so I'm one copy each away from max ascending that and Everyday Training After School. And possibly my most-wanted character since launch was free (Madoka-Senpai) so that helps too.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2019, 07:00:18 PM »
Also, point of interest that you may have known but I sure didn't: If you have your doppek unlocked and use your Magia at between 170 and 199 meter and then gain meter up to 200 before attacking with it (probably due to something a Madoka did), you will still only use 100 meter and your standard Magia, not your doppel and will be left with 100 meter at the end.

I guess that kind of makes sense, but it's not what I was expecting. Shouldn't come up very often, but fwiw that's how that extremely specific interaction plays out.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2019, 09:57:22 AM »
Is the game intentionally forbidding use of Nano/Fate/Hayate supports for the final bosses? If so, then RIP F2P players who have to shoot down Fire element Nanoha with only the Forest element Hayate.

EDIT: Turns out no, it's just that very few of my friends have managed to pull them, I guess?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 07:05:51 PM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2019, 02:19:15 PM »
Am I the only one who's having trouble paying attention to this event? The story isn't that interesting. I don't know if the crossover characters are beloved in their own right or whatever, but I think in a vacuum their designs are pretty ugly and contrasting them with the gorgeous Magia Record designs (especially Momoko, who might be the best design in the entire franchise in my opinion) hurts my brain a little. And on top of that the event is kind of spread out and is juuuust hard enough at a consistent level that I can't quite blast through it without paying attention to it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2019, 04:03:37 PM »
The second half of the event was a lot easier- admittedly because a third of the missions are just generic mirror witch familiars, but even the actual magical girl missions seemed easier than the ones in the first half. As for designs, I mean, the series have fundamentally different magical girl styles, so there's not really a way around that without just not doing a collab XD

I kinda like having to pay attention to the hard (and -sorta- medium) event missions anyway. Just spamming BLEST BLEST BLEST on generic familiars every single event gets old. I think we finally have the hardest event type coming up after this, though... but I've maxed the level/awakening items (sans rorbs) on 75% of my girls so I'm not too worried there. By the end of the year I'll probably have only 1 or 2 girls that aren't at their max possible level, and that's only because my holy mami pulls will probably snag me a 2~3 new girls in addition to Holy Mami. XD
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2019, 05:21:34 PM »
I don't necessarily have a problem with different art styles, it's more an issue of the art quality than the art style.

Hard stuff is definitely good on paper, and individually a lot of the fights are pretty fun, but doing a bunch of them consecutively is a little tiring. If the second half is a little easier then that's fine I guess.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2019, 04:11:29 AM »
Are any of the recent event memoria good? I know Walking The Same Path is basically the best memoria in the game, but I have a hard time evaluating memoria so I would probably miss it if any of the other recent ones are that busted.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2019, 04:33:14 AM »
The Nanoha event gives you an already-lv50 active memo with low enough CD for mirrors use, crit and evade. Not too bad. Cross Connect's has anti stun/bind and comes at 50 so it works if you need that for a challenge quest.

I need to actually start the current event but I just burned my left hand pretty bad zzzzzz

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2019, 02:21:08 PM »
Between this Mitama banner and the last one I'm 170 pulls into her with only a Momoko to show for it. Her current banner is at 70 pulls and ends tomorrow night and I didn't think I would have time to cap it off to 100. I have a Google Play gift card that can get me a little over ten pulls, but this Christmas event looks like it actually has a ton of front loaded summons between the ten tickets and the first ten challenge quests, so I can probably actually get there after all unless something weird happens. Although that's going to make the inevitable Kirika duplicate once again even more heartbreaking. :D

Edit: Got her! 190th pull.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:41:49 PM by commandercool »

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2019, 10:07:36 PM »
The new Tercio formations are OP af and it's awesome :D just wish I had more slots on my grass girls and Madoka so they do better (saving up for Kanae)

Also team preview glitched out and followed me to my home:

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2019, 03:02:01 AM »
I wish there was a U/R one so I could try a duo Sayaka/Kyouko team with them but it looks like they all involve light or dark somehow. Or a G/R one so I can use Sana/Kyoukou once Sana gets her fifth star. A tank with four slots would be a huge help, although Sayaka's busted Magia is a lot of what makes her such a good tank since she can just solo entire teams if the game runs late.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2019, 03:54:30 AM »
I love the contrast in tone between the two Christmas events. :D

Mitama has been really impressing me so far, I got her because I like her character but she seems pretty strong. Madoka+Mitama+a strong friend support has gotten me through all of the challenge quests for both of these events so far. Mitama can chain magia seals on enemy girls repeatedly (assuming they're not immune to status) and has a ton of strong support options. Her stats suck, but she's a support bot so it doesn't really matter. Having an extra memoria slot or two would really make her flexible, but I guess that's true of everyone. Getting more slots for her and Madoka is high-ish priority for me now.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2019, 04:11:51 AM »
Kinda wish I had a mitama for triple ailment boost magia on my Holy Mami. Also because I like mitama. HMMMM BUT NEW YEARS MITAMA COMING OUT SOON... (it's been confirmed by dataminers; we're getting double NY events in addition to double christmas)

Maybe I could try to pull for a single slot... if I even have enough pulls for that in time ._.;;

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2019, 02:13:00 PM »
Yeah she works great with Holy Mami. Or regular Mami for that matter.

There's a New Years Mitama?! Yes please!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2019, 07:19:02 AM »
It's kind of funny that they tried to limit the Mami spam by making Challenge 20 immune to binds, but instead permitted Alina spam by not making it immune to stuns.

(Also, five Shadow Karins in Challenge 19 was ridiculous, but at least I had a pile of Unwavering Lights to compensate?)

Double New Year's events too... and we can probably assume they'll do double Summer events... This is very much not friendly for the people who want seasonal variants. Between Summer Amanes, Madokami, regular Homura, and so on, it's going to be rough even for the people the Law of Cycles likes if they want to actually get more than one of them.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2019, 07:57:43 AM »
Yeah, I know I should save for Madokami but I also know I'm gonna give in and spend all my stones and tickets on New Years Mitama...

Edit: Oh man those elemental banners give exchange tickets that you can use to buy extra copies of I Made Friends... Gonna be hard not to get tempted!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 04:02:34 PM by commandercool »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2019, 04:41:27 PM »
Woah, incoming drowning in specials for New Years plus Anime Release at once. New Years has paid stone bags with a guaranteed 4* ticket, pick-your-4* ticket, pick-you-4*-memoria ticket... there's daily free 10 rolls on the premium gacha, yet another login bonus, the Start Dash gacha is releasing (which has another guaranteed 4* girl but probably costs 200 paid stones), and everyone's gonna get a free choose-your-own 4* ticket for the tutorial fate weave releasing.

The Start Dash gacha is only accessible for the first week after you log in (starting from it's release, so everyone will have it for a week and then new players only) so I'm debating whether I should just wait a week and pull on that instead of buying the New Years bag... I was weak and bought gems to finish the last ~25 rolls for my 4th holy mami slot (hoped I wouldn't have to hit pity with ~76 rolls, failed) so I have 250 paid gems to play with... Start Dash means 9 other rolls with it and 50 paid gems left for the daily discount pulls, but the NY bag is a week earlier and still comes with a 10 pull ticket too. I guess waiting for Start Dash means a net gain of 5 pulls off the paid discount pulls...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 04:51:31 PM by Serela »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2019, 06:30:13 PM »
I caved and started chipping away at the elemental  banners. Managed to get a third copy of Kyouko, not I'm hoping I get lucky and manage to get a second Madoka before the event ends. The bonus tickets are too handy to pass up, but this means I'll be cleaned out for upcoming banners.

Right now I guess my priority is getting more memoria slots for the core Madoka Magica cast and Mitama. I think I can do without any of the New Years characters and I'm honestly not that set on getting Godoka either, I'm sure my friends list will be flooded with whale Godokas, so I'd rather invest in the less common characters that I want to use and can't access easily from my friends list...

What's that tutorial pick-a-4* about? Does that apply to every character in the game or just launch characters or something? I guess it probably doesn't matter too much since I think I'll be picking Madoka regardless if she's available, but Mitama is tempting as well.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2019, 04:03:30 AM »
What's that tutorial pick-a-4* about? Does that apply to every character in the game or just launch characters or something? I guess it probably doesn't matter too much since I think I'll be picking Madoka regardless if she's available, but Mitama is tempting as well.
From what I understand, you pretty much just get to choose which unlimited 4* girl you want. No limited banner girls.

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2019, 06:58:29 PM »
I thought about whether I'd get one of the paid New Years bags or not when they come out, but after much thought I'm gonna skip out this time (too much for me.) I also have no interest in the New Years girls so I'll be skipping out on them too like I did with Holy Mami and Alina.

Most of the girls I really want haven't been released yet. I could just get a dupe for an extra slot on Mami/Madoka, but why bother when I could possibly get one when I eventually roll.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #170 on: January 01, 2020, 04:40:11 PM »
Aaaah I can't decide who to pick for my free 4*. It's going to be either dupe Madoka or dupe Mitama but I don't know which to piiiick.

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2020, 01:06:26 AM »
Got a Rena dupe on my first x10 roll, got Himika after spending 5 tickets for fun. What a great start to the new year~

Now if only I could get Ria...

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2020, 01:14:24 PM »
The first episode of the anime has been out for awhile, and now today's the day we all get a free 4* ticket for any girl we want.

I can't decide on whether to get Mitama or Kyouko, or a dupe of Madoka, Mami or the new Konoha I got off the pity counter :( the ticket won't expire for awhile, but I doubt they'll update the selection if a new 4* girl comes out before that time.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2020, 01:45:37 PM »
After thinking about it a lot, I decided to get a dupe Madoka with my ticket. Her personal memoria is one of the rare actually good ones for challenge content so being able to equip something with actual stats as well as that will be helpful.

The first episode of the anime has been out for awhile, and now today's the day we all get a free 4* ticket for any girl we want.

I can't decide on whether to get Mitama or Kyouko, or a dupe of Madoka, Mami or the new Konoha I got off the pity counter :( the ticket won't expire for awhile, but I doubt they'll update the selection if a new 4* girl comes out before that time.

Personally I would pick Mitama if you don't already have her. She's cool and she's Mitama, but also I've been finding Madoka+Mitama+an appropriate friend support attacker to be really effective and consistent for farming challenge content.

I gotta get on the anime, I don't want to end up many episodes behind like most stuff I watch and I hear good things about it.

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2020, 08:28:21 AM »
Personally I would pick Mitama if you don't already have her. She's cool and she's Mitama, but also I've been finding Madoka+Mitama+an appropriate friend support attacker to be really effective and consistent for farming challenge content.

I gotta get on the anime, I don't want to end up many episodes behind like most stuff I watch and I hear good things about it.
I was kinda leaning on Mitama for novelty since she's the only Void elemental in the game (though that may change in the future for reasons...), though I thought of getting Kyouko because other than Kaoru I have few good Fire girls. But since I got Himika I suppose I could wait on getting Kyouko for now; I got Mitama's casual wear, might as well get her for that too.

Anime's pretty decent so far, the pacing seemed off to me with how fast they were going but after a few rewatches it doesn't seem to be there. I like how they're fixing up issues here and there that the game story had, but I'm confused as to why they're altering witch designs so drastically (and not uploading cards for them...)

Also: Free x10 rolls a day have begun~
EDIT: lol I just got Sayaka on the x10 roll, now all I need is Kyouko and cool Homura
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:07:05 AM by Fulisha of Light »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

Re: Magia Record: Now available in anime flavor!
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2020, 12:49:13 PM »
Uwasa Tsuruno's intro is so trippy, I love it.

The cameos from other Kamihana girls in the anime are pretty sweet. I wonder, though, when Kuroe's going to show up again. I hope she's not actually that Kuro...

Move eternally forward,

Fulisha of Light

• Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2020, 02:01:48 PM »
I didn't get Uwasa Tsuruno cuz I don't care for her, I prefer Kanoko for all my charming needs, and plus today Kanae and Mel were released~

I had 80 tickets and roughly 110 or so rolls in gems saved up. I got Kanae in 10 tickets :'D then I got her an extra slot on pity while trying for Mel. Unfortunately Himeka broke one of my rolls and prevented me from getting anymore slots.

But I'm happy, I got Kanae with 2 slots and Mel with 3. I'll be satisfied for awhile.
It surprises me how deep and quiet her voice is, like she's so boyish it's funny. She also looks a little like Edward Elric from FMA~

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2020, 03:14:16 PM »
I really like Uwasa Tsuruno's colors so I tried to pull her and didn't. I'd say I wasted a ton of gems but I got really good Memoria pulls in the process and *two more Rens* somehow, so I guess it wasn't terrible all things considered.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #178 on: January 30, 2020, 11:09:24 PM »
I've really been enjoying this event and the last one, although is anyone else getting the impression that the writers have figured out that Yachiyo is a more interesting protagonist than Iroha? Maybe it's just the weird pace NA has, but I kind of feel like we've been seeing a ton of Yachiyo and Momoko and no Iroha lately. I'm not against it, but several flashback events in a row seems a little unusual.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #179 on: February 02, 2020, 03:25:59 AM »
Oh man, we've gotten to Giovanna's unleash in the anime.
Spoiler:
Also oh shit early Zola in the stinger

Move eternally forward,