Author Topic: Full Game: The Aki Sisters Seek Employment... Where!?  (Read 9279 times)

Full Game: The Aki Sisters Seek Employment... Where!?
« on: June 11, 2019, 02:33:47 PM »
I have fully made a game, however, it is mostly a game to test whether or not I can make a game. Basically, I want to make sure that I know what to do to make more games. I should warn that although I wouldn't call it "not safe for work," first of all, it's a game about work, secondly, it has scenes where the Aki sister go to sleep, third, it implies the consumption of paint. The game is in html format, so it plays in your browser, but if you have something like electron packager or electron builder, and know how to use it, then you can package it, at least I think. To play the game, unzip the folder, click on "app" then right click and sort by "type." It should make it easier to find "index" which is what you need click on. There is also a teaser/demo for the next game I plan to make, and about that, I would like someone to compose music for me. I would also like feedback, if something doesn't work, I want to know as soon as possible so that I can try to fix/improve it. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 05:51:50 PM by Satokaisawa »

Z_A

Re: Full Game: The Aki Sisters Seek Employment... Where!?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 05:00:26 PM »
Who makes a game on javascript these days 0_o this is wrong in so many ways that... or, rather, nevermind.

You probably need an artist too, not just a composer.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 05:23:11 PM »
Who makes a game on javascript these days 0_o this is wrong in so many ways that... or, rather, nevermind.
Yeah... gdevelop is easy to use, so I used it. I'm not planning to make anything as large as that cleaning minigame ever again.

You probably need an artist too, not just a composer.
The thought had definitely crossed my mind. DEFINATELY. This was mostly a learning experience, I might get better if I try drawing more.
But the game at least works right?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 05:28:18 PM by close2none64 »

Z_A

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 07:43:03 PM »
But the game at least works right?
Well... it does run, yeah. I quit soon after the minigames started to repeat, that sort of gameplay doesn't appeal to me much. So I can't tell whether it works like it should until the end,
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 07:44:35 PM by Z_A »

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 08:16:08 PM »
Well... it does run, yeah. I quit soon after the minigames started to repeat, that sort of gameplay doesn't appeal to me much. So I can't tell whether it works like it should until the end,
It doesn't appeal to me either. If it works at all, it works enough for me to make the determination that I can make a game. Also there is a lot of scenes that I wanted to make images for, specifically the intruder minigames.

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 08:46:48 PM »
I have fully made a game, however, it is mostly a game to test whether or not I can make a game. Basically, I want to make sure that I know what to do to make more games. I should warn that although I wouldn't call it "not safe for work," first of all, it's a game about work, secondly, it has scenes where the Aki sister go to sleep, third, it implies the consumption of paint. The game is in html format, so it plays in your browser, but if you have something like electron packager or electron builder, and know how to use it, then you can package it, at least I think. To play the game, unzip the folder, click on "app" then right click and sort by "type." It should make it easier to find "index" which is what you need click on. There is also a teaser/demo for the next game I plan to make, and about that, I would like someone to compose music for me. I would also like feedback, if something doesn't work, I want to know as soon as possible so that I can try to fix/improve it. Thank you.
I would like to ask if the Game/Mini-Game is "Not Really Safe For Work" just because of those 3 aspects (Work&Sleep Scenes and Implied Paint Consumption): are they not portrayed in a Safe For Work way? And if not,have you considered a Safe For Work Version?
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 11:40:52 PM »
I would like to ask if the Game/Mini-Game is "Not Really Safe For Work" just because of those 3 aspects (Work&Sleep Scenes and Implied Paint Consumption): are they not portrayed in a Safe For Work way? And if not,have you considered a Safe For Work Version?
It's not so much that they about them being unsafe for work, but more that I feel like it would be weird in a work setting (1) to play a game about work (even though it is not so quite about employment, just the title) (2) there are scenes with the Aki sisters going to sleep, these scenes occur a lot, mostly because I originally wanted the game to feel like it works in a cycle. (3) it was one scene where a character is implied to eat something that has been painted. Though I do not feel like any of the game is particularly "not safe for work" by the general definition, I just wanted to be sure.

have you considered a Safe For Work Version?
I have not considered making any new, updated, or alternate versions of this game unless the first one didn't work, speaking of which, when I tried playing using google chrome it didn't work, though that's not what I normally use. I'm already working on a new game right now, one that I believe should be much better, possibly by the reasoning that it can't really be much worse.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 10:42:42 PM »
I'm already working on a new game right now,
Also, I have a question about what's ok for this site, I want to know if it would be ok for me to upload my new game to this site (like I did to this old one) if this new one were to have a drinking scene. Would that be alright? I haven't made it yet, so I would like to know if I can, thank you.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 12:13:49 AM »
 :) 8) :* 
Also, I have a question about what's ok for this site, I want to know if it would be ok for me to upload my new game to this site (like I did to this old one) if this new one were to have a drinking scene. Would that be alright? I haven't made it yet, so I would like to know if I can, thank you.
:wikipedia:  ???
As a User I can explain to a degree,to be founded and expanded by the "Admins/Mod/Staff".
Any "work " posted and/or Explainedor hopefully re-posted when corrected or being correctes,which is "Not Suggestive/Incentive/"Provocation" to anything without,for "Ambiguity" a Disclaimer and/or Briefing Expressed and/or Clearly Implied in case of :
 "Unsafe or Unhealthy or Untoward or Offensive or Law-Violating or "Bearing of Strife ,Violence,Overbearing,Feud"(non- positive Confrontations/Arguing,Polemic,etc.)

There are the Guideline to be glad s such as this one built by Mainly,but not only behind-the-scenes, the MOD/Staff "Helepolis
"( Contactable him and every User by :Private Message,Personal Contact Methods/Icon in his Profile and/or "Buddy" ,by selecting the Username and then slecting [Buddy] though there is no automatic "Alert or Link for both parties"") oN https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,6181.0.html  and the various Uers(Expert the more and the less)  within other Guidelines in the here present Section&Subsection(Rika's and Nitori's ) and then also "Touhou Addict Recovery Center" and "Alice's Atelier "and the Users,and their History)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:11:35 PM by Branneg Xy »

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 03:20:01 AM »
:) 8) :* As a User I can explain to a degree,to be founded and expanded by the "Admins/Mod/Staff".
Any "work " posted and/or Explainedor hopefully re-posted when corrected or being correctes,which is "Not Suggestive/Incentive/"Provocation" to anything without,for "Ambiguousness a Disclaimer and/or Briefing Expressed and/or Impl in case of Ambiguity"Unsafe or Unhealthy or Untoward or Offensive or Law-Violating or "Intercessor for Strife ,Violence,Overbearing,Feud" and corresponden that All ought to be glad Guidelines such as this one with the MOD/Staff(Private Message,Personal Contact Methods/Icon in his Profille and/or "Buddy" ,by selecting the Username and then seecting [Buddy] though there is no automatic "Alert or Link for both parties"") who is  "Helepolis" at https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,6181.0.html  and the various Uers(Expert the more and the less)  within other Guidelines in the here present Section&Subsection(Rika's and Nitori's ) and then also "Touhou Addict Recovery Center" and "Alice's Atelier "and the Users,and their History)
I'm not entirely certain as to what you have said, but I had already intended to include a disclaimer. I haven't quite made the scene in question as of yet, but if it's not ok here then I'm just going to have to think of something else for that scene.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 02:09:20 PM »
!!! :wikipedia: :o   :wat: !!!
Ishort it is important to keep anything (like you did and mean to be doing)Completely Safe for Work&Somehow though not totally ) AlsLaw&Decency Abiding; Disclaimer (s) or Pmessage(s) or  "HTML Spoile(and any valid communication if Ambiguity/Doubts ariaen

Moreover ,Do not ,if necessary,llimit to Text-Forum and Contacts In-Shrinemaiden-Site ,especially for of hard-to-contact/least-active/Time-Zones(IN FACT I am ITALlian /UTC+1).

If one receives no reply or managed to find none and a 2-person could be inconclusive/incmplete("forum&sharing without/with minor, spamming/flooding") could be better to Multiple-Post-It and or"Necro-Posting Inactive Posts; within fair reason and for the sake of " good sharing&foruming"

. Personal Contacts are User-Insered ac "Small Designed Icons at the lower-right of the User Profile  or Click&Explore Profile(Stats&Activity).There are also Text and Text and/or Voice Chat ->QUITE ACTIVE  IRC  Discord Server Chat Channels active in MotK . I

I was Also  advising to Venture the Proper Sections AND Subsections ( like this one with their Mods or Staff or Generic(and Badged! !Users ) gong by Guidelines Sticked at the start of Every Board and /or Search for Topics (Manually ,"Search" or "Advanced-Filtereand Shield ) .
A few,among others,Examples Moderators&History  : "Helepolis( "in this Rika's and Nitori's Section+Subsection  ) ;" Kilgamayan "(Admin) ; Helvetica ( Foundress and Main Admin)

P.S. Sorry-sorryMy reply was somehow-ill timed because itwas unfinished and unedited  :derp: meant to be detailed,thought not THAT over-detailed ;it was for the sake of(contributing) to Clear your Legit Doubts without Further  ,so it was to br  before  :derp: your reading or anyone else' s interested enough...

In the meantime my largish reply by "Koakuma's Quest " became a sidetrack  https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,23900.540.htmlm .
(I am a mostly-occasional Choose-Your-Own-Adventures/Rpg player on https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0n ).

Branneg Xy

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 02:49:45 AM »
(Of course this is no game discussion but still a project game tweaking/commenting because otherwise --- Helvetica  's Guideline https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,1364.0.html ---   https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?board=6.0 for " Help Me, Eirin! discussion, official or unofficial  " or to https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?board=10.0 for "  All Touhou game 
Akyu's Amazing Arcade - Games that are not Touhou-related ")

...I have not considered making any new, updated, or alternate versions of this game unless the first one didn't work, speaking of which, when I tried playing using google chrome it didn't work, though that's not what I normally use. I'm already working on a new game right now, one that I believe should be much better, possibly by the reasoning that it can't really be much worse.
???  ;)
On my end It seems meant/optimized for Firefox & Mozilla Browsers but it does work fairly smoothly for Google Chrome & Chromium as well .
My Google Chrome for Desktop PC has Java Permission Activated(Default) and the Latest non-beta  Browser Release " Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) " .

Though there are 3 Bugs (1.Fixed&Always; 2. by In-Game Player-Actions if Executed ; 3.Occasionally by Player Reloading of Game-Window)  encountered so far that I am going to describe with their Player-End Solution and Occurences increasing the Bug-Risk ;  CAPSIZED CHARACTERS will be  the Better Highlights+Comprehension : 
 :D  :o :wikipedia:
1. (Fixed "Demo")
Completing the "Demo" and and seeing the ( Forebonding ) Ending Scene locks any command(Esc;Space;Click;M;S;Unlisted) and (SOLUTION)needs a RELOAD or OPEN-CLOSE or BROWSER TAB-REOPEN.
Nothing could decrease/increase the Bug-Risk.

2. ( By Player-Actions : if Executed "Intruder Minigames")
Making   the Aki Sister you chose go completely off screen during "Intruder Mini-Game" and keeps pushing for a bit  she  DISAPPEARS TOGETHER  with her Danmaku which CANNOT BE FIRED ANY LONGER until (SOLUTION) , take not not everything from Player Shizuha or Minoriko REMAINS INVISIBLE,you MANUALLY TRY AND SUCCEED TO ALIGN AND GET CLOSER to the Intruder's DANMAKU WHILE WAITING OUT IMMOBILE FOR A BIT  for them to HIT YOU  TILL HEALTHBAR IS GONE->FAIL(UNBLOCK) THE MINI-GAME;  after Fail Dialogue+Scene&Next Briefing the Character Sprte Player and Action-on-Screen RETURN TO WORK.
Certainly not disappearing completely or immediately coming back if so prevents it ,but USING MINORIKO (WASD KEYS ) make it happen faster.

3. (Occasionally By Player-Reloading of game Window Occasionally : " Keyboard Keys OCCASIONALLY Freeze after Reloading" )
SOMETIMES after RELOADING the Game Window ALL KEYBOARD INPUT(REGISTERED OR NOT)FREEZES while it is still OPEN [so no proper Esc->B to Quit or Closing->Opening "Index.Html (Minigame) ]   and only clicking works ,EVEN IF THE GAME-WINDOW IS RELOADED ,BUT ( SOLUTION) OPEN-CLOSING OR BROWSER REOPEN TAB WORKS.
Multiple Reloading(more than an handful)during the Game increases Bug-Risk yet the Risk is still "Occasional".
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 03:03:59 AM by Branneg Xy »

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 02:46:45 PM »
On my end It seems meant/optimized for Firefox & Mozilla Browsers but it does work fairly smoothly for Google Chrome & Chromium as well .
My Google Chrome for Desktop PC has Java Permission Activated(Default) and the Latest non-beta  Browser Release " Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) " .
I didn't think about the browser settings when I tested it, which is likely why it didn't work on my end
1. (Fixed "Demo")
Completing the "Demo" and and seeing the ( Forebonding ) Ending Scene locks any command(Esc;Space;Click;M;S;Unlisted) and (SOLUTION)needs a RELOAD or OPEN-CLOSE or BROWSER TAB-REOPEN.
Nothing could decrease/increase the Bug-Risk.
This should happen at the main game's ending scene too, there is no dialougue after that, instead there is a command for the game to close, if it were compiled into an executable, the game would just shut down there. But I have no idea how to do that.
2. ( By Player-Actions : if Executed "Intruder Minigames")
Making   the Aki Sister you chose go completely off screen during "Intruder Mini-Game" and keeps pushing for a bit  she  DISAPPEARS TOGETHER  with her Danmaku which CANNOT BE FIRED ANY LONGER until (SOLUTION) , take not not everything from Player Shizuha or Minoriko REMAINS INVISIBLE,you MANUALLY TRY AND SUCCEED TO ALIGN AND GET CLOSER to the Intruder's DANMAKU WHILE WAITING OUT IMMOBILE FOR A BIT  for them to HIT YOU  TILL HEALTHBAR IS GONE->FAIL(UNBLOCK) THE MINI-GAME;  after Fail Dialogue+Scene&Next Briefing the Character Sprte Player and Action-on-Screen RETURN TO WORK.
Certainly not disappearing completely or immediately coming back if so prevents it ,but USING MINORIKO (WASD KEYS ) make it happen faster.
The danmaku delete off-screen, so I really should have added walls, as far as I know the player can just keep going , possibly until the game crashes(?)
3. (Occasionally By Player-Reloading of game Window Occasionally : " Keyboard Keys OCCASIONALLY Freeze after Reloading" )
SOMETIMES after RELOADING the Game Window ALL KEYBOARD INPUT(REGISTERED OR NOT)FREEZES while it is still OPEN [so no proper Esc->B to Quit or Closing->Opening "Index.Html (Minigame) ]   and only clicking works ,EVEN IF THE GAME-WINDOW IS RELOADED ,BUT ( SOLUTION) OPEN-CLOSING OR BROWSER REOPEN TAB WORKS.
Multiple Reloading(more than an handful)during the Game increases Bug-Risk yet the Risk is still "Occasional".
Exc->B or quit, much like finishing either game, uses an "end the game" event, so it might just crash or do nothing unless it is compiled into an executable, where it would just close. I appreciate the feedback, thank you.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 02:51:46 AM »
 :D Thank you kindly for your work,your answering,acknowledged&duly noted, and,for  my limited collaboeration, the compliments  :
I am going to keep testing&playing&reporting whenever it is possible and necessary.yukkuri: .
As a Testing Demo for later Gaming&Art&Programming Projects IT IS QUITE NICE !
The danmaku delete off-screen, so I really should have added walls, as far as I know the player can just keep going , possibly until the game crashes(?)
As I have found out and reported before,the player (Shizuah or Minoriko) may wander indefinitely Off-Screen  IF they step Off-Screen and keep going but not IF they are only Halfway-Off-Screen or do  Immediately Come back .
Moreover , I have tried all commands,patterns and maneuvers Without managing to Crash the Game.
Finally ,indeed all  Danmaku  Off-Screen are deleted HOWEVER - that Workaround already reported for advancing  -  the Intruder's could still Hit AND Beat  ON THE CONDITION the player navigates the disappeared character close enough to the Intruder and be still ; in the end it is useful for the player may advance to the next mini-game by being defeated as a "Moving and then Immobile, Invisible  Unfiring Hitbox".

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2019, 03:29:57 AM »
:D Thank you kindly for your work,your answering,acknowledged&duly noted, and,for  my limited collaboeration, the compliments  :
I am going to keep testing&playing&reporting whenever it is possible and necessary.yukkuri: .
As a Testing Demo for later Gaming&Art&Programming Projects IT IS QUITE NICE !
Wow, no, thank YOU! I really can't give any clear time period as to when my next project will come out, the main issue is my lack of motivation, but maybe it could be done in a few days? But two things are for sure about it, unlike this game, my next should have a lot more gameplay...
As I have found out and reported before,the player (Shizuah or Minoriko) may wander indefinitely Off-Screen  IF they step Off-Screen and keep going but not IF they are only Halfway-Off-Screen or do  Immediately Come back .
Moreover , I have tried all commands,patterns and maneuvers Without managing to Crash the Game.
Finally ,indeed all  Danmaku  Off-Screen are deleted HOWEVER - that Workaround already reported for advancing  -  the Intruder's could still Hit AND Beat  ON THE CONDITION the player navigates the disappeared character close enough to the Intruder and be still ; in the end it is useful for the player may advance to the next mini-game by being defeated as a "Moving and then Immobile, Invisible  Unfiring Hitbox".
... and walls.
EDIT: I just looked at the programing, and apparently the bosses danmaku are not set to delete if they aren't on screen, only the players danmaku delete when they go off screen. I was probably thinking that the player could try to exploit the lack of walls, so I made it so that the player wouldn't be the one taking advantage of this. Or maybe I forgot to add it to the bosses shots, which is also possible. Either way, don't take too long on the intruder minigames because every time the boss shoots it creates an object that the game has to keep track of. So it would probably slow down eventually.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 03:41:36 AM by close2none64 »