Author Topic: Satorin RAGE Thread: Volume III  (Read 157649 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Satorin RAGE Thread: Volume III
« on: September 26, 2009, 06:55:46 AM »

Previous Thread.

New thread before the (manual) lock takes effect.

DONUT, CLOSE THE THREAD ALREADY.
Thank you for your co-operation.

Quoting.
And since I have nothing but UFO lunatic left to do, and I'm going to contain this in a thread all its own, let me say in advance:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

GOD DAMN IT NAZRIN STAND STILL!

KOGASA WHY U DO THIS I LOVE YOU! ;_;

WALLS. WALLS. STAGE 3 CAN GO TO HELL

FFFFFFFFFFFFF MISSED STAGE 4 EXTEND FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

SYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

WHAT OH GOD NO HOW DID I SCREW UP LFO I'M SO CLO-AUGH!

http://score.royalflare.net/th12/levelchar12.html#L3C0
This came 1-2 months too early.

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:18:49 AM by Gengetu Rape Time »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread: Volume III
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »
I haven't been able to play at all for a week =(

RAGE
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 05:59:24 PM »
I have received some wonderful advice for beating Nue.

MAYBE IF I EVER GET PAST THE STAGE PORTION AGAIN, I'LL PUT IT INTO PRACTICE.

Bananamatic

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 06:06:06 PM »
Be of Good Cheer!
I CAN'T BE OF GOOD CHEER
THE STAGE SUCKS
THE MIDBOSS SUCKS
THE NONSPELLS SUCK
THE SPELLS SUCK

how the hell can I capture anything

even when I dodge like 20 ghost wheels without bombing, it's still closer to a timeout than to a capture since I have only 2 power for the entire goddamn fight

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 07:13:37 PM »
I HATE UFO STAGE 1 SO MUCH
It's so annoying having to restart stage 1 each time because I fail at Nazrin's last card or because I missed an UFO .

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 07:24:28 PM »
It's so annoying having to restart stage 1 each time because I fail at Nazrin's last card or because I missed an UFO .
It burned itself into my brain... It's such a relief to reach the second stage.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 07:36:57 PM »

In my (first try) 1cc of UFO hard I bombed both Nazrin's spell cards. You can get away with it. Hell, if I restarted every time I didn't perfect Yamame I would have never 1cc'd SA lunatic (or reached stage 2 for that matter).
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 07:40:34 PM »
Well I just did the best run of UFO stage portion I've ever done, I got to Nue 4/0 and then I proceed to fail every. single. one. of her cards. I'm usually able to perfect her through danmaku chimera. >=| God dammit.

Bananamatic

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »
Well I just did the best run of UFO stage portion I've ever done, I got to Nue 4/0 and then I proceed to fail every. single. one. of her cards. I'm usually able to perfect her through danmaku chimera. >=| God dammit.

For me, Nue usually goes in one of these 2 ways:

1) Reach her with 1 life, capture almost everything and eventually screw up anyways
2) Reach her with many lives and screw up everything

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 07:52:39 PM »
In my (first try) 1cc of UFO hard I bombed both Nazrin's spell cards. You can get away with it. Hell, if I restarted every time I didn't perfect Yamame I would have never 1cc'd SA lunatic (or reached stage 2 for that matter).
In SA I don't care about bombing in stage 1 since I simply can get back to 4power on stage 2 . But , dunno , I don't really like wasting a bomb on stage 1 in UFO , since it's not really hard to do a perfect run on it ( even though Nazrin's last card is annoying ).

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 08:40:46 PM »
I finally know how to read all of Shou's attacks except for Vajra.  Now I can't get past Ichirin.  WTFFFF!!@!@!@!!@

The worst part is that I know I'll forget how to read Shou's attacks when I get there again.  BLARGHDFLSJFSDFSD

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 10:12:34 PM »
I can't seem to beat PoFV extra. I've gotten to Shikieiki with 3 lives twice tonight, and both times got smashed.

Not being able to dodge bullets for 45 seconds sucks.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Drake

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 10:15:28 PM »
In SA I don't care about bombing in stage 1 since I simply can get back to 4power on stage 2 . But , dunno , I don't really like wasting a bomb on stage 1 in UFO , since it's not really hard to do a perfect run on it ( even though Nazrin's last card is annoying ).
My problem is that I have a uniform UFO strategy for the first three stages, so to have only one UFO at the end of Stage 1 is irksome. Playing on Hard forces it, so that bugs me too.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 10:41:26 PM »
I UPGRADED MY RAM FROM 512MB TO 1.25G. I think to myself: "I better be able to play UFO and SA with no frame skip rate at 60 fps with this." I install my ram and everything, noticeable jump in performance is seen when surfing the web and all, but when I try to play UFO with no frame skip rate- I GET FUCKING 50FPS! JUST LIKE BEFORE I GOT MORE RAM. WHAT THE FUCK?

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 10:51:35 PM »
I run SA at 60fps with no frame skip on my 256mbyte machine.
It must be your processor or graphics card.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 10:58:01 PM »
Release of the Id.

Also, Shikieiki just got a perfect on me in lunatic match play.

I was using Aya.

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 11:06:00 PM »
Koishi just telefragged me at literally 0.01 seconds of Philosophy of a Hated Person.

Would have had a high score if that hadn't happened.
Quote from Myosotis:

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 11:25:01 PM »
SA Normal bawwing ahead.

Using Marisa C I have a pretty awesome run through the first four stages with only one life lost to Yuugi. Satori takes a life, and then Orin rapes me.

I beat Orin with 4 lives, but then I have a death to the spirits.

So I manage to no-death Utsuho all the way up to Heaven and Hell or whatever, with 4/5 life pieces. "If I can not die here, I'll have one more life..."

Right as I hear the near-death popping, I get hit.

3 lives, final spellcard can't be that painful. I've beaten it quite a lot with Reimu C.

CLIP. CLIP. CLIP. CLIP. RAGEQUIT.

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 11:27:36 PM »
Why is Reimu so slow in EoSD?  She's like unplayable for me because she moves too slow.  It takes like 10 seconds for her to move across the screen horizontally.  I also found that slower movement != better dodging.

And Marionette is still a super, super gay card.  If I don't bomb it, I get screwed :(

AND WTF I ALMOST CAPTURED RED MAGIC BUT IT WAS JUST LIKE 1 CM LEFT OF HER HEALTH BAR FJSDHBS:FDS.

Edit: OMG I ALMOST 1CCED THE DAMN THING BUT DIED AT SCARLET SHOOT WITH 3 BOMBS :(

I did capture Red Magic though.  Yay!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 12:12:30 AM by Mystlord »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 01:53:38 AM »
OH HA HA HA LLS YOU SILLY SILLY GAME WHY THE GODDAMN HELL WILL YOU NOT LET ME FREAKIN' BOMB GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT GODDAMNIT ALL

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 02:09:41 AM »
"Princess Undine"EoSD S4 SCX.
<>

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 03:31:58 AM »
I run SA at 60fps with no frame skip on my 256mbyte machine.
It must be your processor or graphics card.

I've got a 3 ghz Intel Pentium 4-not overclocked. For graphics card, I have no idea but I didn't upgrade anything from the original Dimension 3000 computer besides the ram.

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 04:00:04 AM »
OH GOD WHY

I enter SA normal's stage 6 after an absolutely horrible Orin fight. 3 Lives remaining, and nothing particularly bad happens during the stage.

In comes Okuu. Her opener wasn't a problem, bombed her first spellcard due to being walled. Also bomb her 2nd non-spell after getting WAY too close to 2 streams of bullets. Bombed Mega Flare and had no problems on the 3rd non-spell. Then I capture Fixed Star, (No idea why I attempted to capture this one. The 2 previous attempts before had me dying 1 or 2 times.) and I get close to dying a few times on her 4th non-spell, but make it through unscathed.

Hell and Heaven Meltdown starts. I bomb and die 3 times during this and get left with 2 lives as Hell's Artificial Sun begins. I die, bomb once just after that, and get walled by a wave of snowballs that I thought would get canceled out by the bomb.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

For those that want a good laugh.

theshirn

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 04:18:36 AM »
GOD DAMN IT

LET ME BOMB

LOTUS LAND STORY

WHAT THE HELL

Oh well.  Perfect Stage 5 until the bomb and death at the circles (seriously, what the HELL is up with those?), which meant I went into Yuka 0/2.  Still got her below half health.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 04:56:34 AM »
Not bad considering I haven't played lunatic in forever, but argh I lost HRtP lunatic Makai route. I did some nasty screwups even in stage freaking 1, but still somehow reached level 16 before kicking the bucket. Then Sariel went awesome.jpg (if someone replaces Sariel's face with awesome.jpg I will love them) and took away 2 continues before I got it right. I swear I learned the super sexy method to trivialize this fight outside of her first phase, but I clearly don't remember it quite as well as I used to. I beat this with over a life to spare that one time...

And for kicks I decided to try and see if I could wait out Sariel's second phase to hear all of LET'S ALL DIE TOGETHER...Sariel died within 40 seconds with me trying to keep her alive. -_-
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 05:12:05 AM »
<>

ebarrett

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 05:56:19 AM »
Just how nasty is LLS's rank system anyway? I swear Elly is harder than Marisa and stage 5 Yuka combined. Even if I still can't get past stage 5 Yuka, but then again, I'm always entering stage 4 running on fumes.

Also, what is the point of ReimuB when ReimuA does a better job during both stages and bosses? And why is boss Reimu so much nastier than boss Marisa? And yeah, what the hell is up with those circles?

theshirn

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 06:09:13 AM »
Just how nasty is LLS's rank system anyway? I swear Elly is harder than Marisa and stage 5 Yuka combined. Even if I still can't get past stage 5 Yuka, but then again, I'm always entering stage 4 running on fumes.

Also, what is the point of ReimuB when ReimuA does a better job during both stages and bosses? And why is boss Reimu so much nastier than boss Marisa? And yeah, what the hell is up with those circles?
Elly is much, much more difficult than Marisa and Stage 5 Yuka.  For me, anyway.

On the subject of LLS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ORANGE STOP MOVING MORE THAN HALFWAY DOWN THE SCREEN AND DROPPING THAT OVERLAPPING WAVE ATTACK AND SAME GOES FOR YOU ELLY AND YOU MARISA SERIOUSLY GUYS WHAT THE CRAP

Also:

...god DAMN it. 

At least I didn't die with bombs in stock, even if I panicbombed WAY too much.

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2009, 06:28:03 AM »
Fuck so close.  Red Magic had a sliver left...  and I died.  Sigh.  I should have known.  So close to a 1cc and yet so far away :(

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2009, 06:50:04 AM »
Before CAPTAIN MURASA:

After:

Let that sink in for a moment.