Author Topic: Immaterial and The Missing Weather Rhapsody  (Read 8629 times)

rikimtasu

Immaterial and The Missing Weather Rhapsody
« on: April 28, 2009, 06:55:30 PM »
IaMP Wiki:
http://iamp.mizuumi.net/
SWR Wiki:
http://swr.mizuumi.net/

Re-discuss the stuff there,even thought it can't help on KOF.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
Re: Immaterial and The Missing Weather Rhapsody
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 10:26:58 PM »
Fact:
SWR is worse than IaMP but that doesn't mean it doesn't need a translation patch (more characters make all the difference)
rofl bye

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 03:26:23 AM »
Well i have a question for IaMP ( this thread is for questions on both fightin games right?)

Yukari's Outer World [Infinite Flyin Object]
That spell in the story mode she does after Ran with the lasers at random places....HOW do you block that?! I was startin to think that dam laser was unblockable and continue to stay out of its way as much as i can. and when i do get hit and i'm on the ground there is normally another one on the ground or my character's height that is ready to hit me once i get up its REALLY annoying! haha.

Any tips on that dam spell? other than beating yukari ASAP I can beat her in like....10 seconds with Patchouli but i'm playing everyone here. haha.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:39:17 AM »
The laser IS unblockable, that's just Yukari being Yukari. What you're supposed to do is jump between the gaps before they fire off (disregard that if you're, say, playing remilia and she shoots a couple of low lasers you're F'ed cause she just can't jump that high... oh, wait, she manages to do that with BLOODY EVERYONE...) CHANGE OF PLANS

Save special bars for the whole battle and when you get here just pray and UNLEASH FUKKEN EVERYTHING!!!
(protip: Make sure you actually choose some cards that help you with this ??)
rofl bye

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 07:46:34 AM »
The laser IS unblockable, that's just Yukari being Yukari. What you're supposed to do is jump between the gaps before they fire off (disregard that if you're, say, playing remilia and she shoots a couple of low lasers you're F'ed cause she just can't jump that high... oh, wait, she manages to do that with BLOODY EVERYONE...) CHANGE OF PLANS

Save special bars for the whole battle and when you get here just pray and UNLEASH FUKKEN EVERYTHING!!!
(protip: Make sure you actually choose some cards that help you with this ??)

*stabbed* yeah you got me there I'm a Remilia player haha XD if she does do the 2 low lasers i high jump out the way straight up. .....alright thanks i knew that dam laser was unblockable...shoot. fricking yukari haha. well its not too big a deal for me to fight her and avoid it its just one of the most annoying spells in the game to me.
Thanks for the input haha.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 08:16:07 AM »
Red castle is your friend
rofl bye

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 09:29:47 PM »
Fact:
SWR is worse than IaMP but that doesn't mean it doesn't need a translation patch (more characters make all the difference)

That's not fact, but opinion. Even though i must agree with you. Especially in terms of music.

Anyway, is there gonna be an english patch anytime soon? I don't recall hearing anything about it but then again, once people get to work, it doesn't take long. That has been proved several times before and i'm certainly more hot for a translation of SWR than PoFV.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 09:47:06 PM »
That's not fact, but opinion. Even though i must agree with you. Especially in terms of music.

Anyway, is there gonna be an english patch anytime soon? I don't recall hearing anything about it but then again, once people get to work, it doesn't take long. That has been proved several times before and i'm certainly more hot for a translation of SWR than PoFV.

Music is quite bad yeah, but with few exceptions I don't think it was a particularly strong point of IaMP either. The thing with SWR is that the battle system got too F'ed up. They had marvellously attained a seemingly unthinkable midpoint between TOUHOU and a fighting game but then for SWR it's like they tried too hard to make it "more touhou", when it didn't need so at all. Even the new card system is shiny and all but a card game would be a card game. Putting that up for a fighting game just doesn't really cut it, despite all the customization and options (might have worked okay on Kingdom Hearts, but that was a COMPLETELY different game and they failed to noticed that while furiously ripping it off.

Also: My opinion is fact.
rofl bye

Gpop

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 11:17:58 PM »
I actually find SWR system very enjoyable. Only thing I absolutely hate is the weather system, which is nice, but we need an option to disable such things because some weather is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE (typhoon and spring haze).

IaMP is great, and would've been a CLEAR winner, but the biggest problem is the HUGE learning curve. This game definitely isn't beginner-friendly, which turns many beginners away, especially learning the hard way in netplay matches.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 02:31:00 AM »
Totally agree with you Pops

When i started IaMP it was NOT easy to understand-yeah i know i know its not like typical fighting games anyway. Still it was very difficult to play. SWR was a bit more beginner friendly and i do like the chard system. It gives a really good sense of customization. Unlike IaMP where...you play certain characters with certain combos each and every time. The same can be said for SWR but its more apparent in IaMP in my opinion o_-
but lets not turn this into a huge debacle of which is better. ^_^ hehe. no wait scratch that. feel free to post your opinions about both haha.
I do think IaMP has better music though...just slightly hehe.

Do indeed hope for an SWR patch soon.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 08:20:47 AM »
For casual gamers: SWR
For hard-core gamers: IamP

i don't diss IamP so i dun think all of u should diss SWR as well....

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

SONIC BHOCOLATE STRIKER

• Doing >9000 Barrel Rolls
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 08:00:55 PM »
I prefer SWR. Probably because I suck less at it. :P

I love the cards system, personally. And the fact that there are less context-sensitive buttons in SWR so I don't end up doing physical attacks when I want to launch some bullets (happened to me all the time in IaMP).
I gotta have something for my sig, so...

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 10:19:06 PM »

I love the cards system, personally. And the fact that there are less context-sensitive buttons in SWR so I don't end up doing physical attacks when I want to launch some bullets (happened to me all the time in IaMP).

Learn to C

The basic moveset of each character is much more limited in SWR, to the point of feeling silly (plays somewhat like Pocket Fighter, except its NOT Pocket Fighter u.u). The card system adds too great a burden in gameplay for a fighting game and would be best left to an adventure/rpg kind of thing.
rofl bye