Author Topic: Non-Gaming/Touhou Hobbies  (Read 33311 times)

B-Nashi

Re: Non-Gaming/Touhou Hobbies
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2009, 06:02:36 PM »
I play saxaphone and i guess i dance????

I used to write as well, but i stopped after a while.

Gpop

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2009, 09:39:26 PM »
I play saxaphone and i guess i dance????

I used to write as well, but i stopped after a while.

Haruhi/Lucky Star OP dance does not count.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2009, 01:03:32 AM »
Haruhi/Lucky Star OP dance does not count.

Dance Challenge! can you dance the full ver?

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Gpop

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2009, 03:17:16 AM »
Dance Challenge! can you dance the full ver?

Yes he can actually. It was fun to watch.

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2009, 07:15:48 AM »
Let's see...
* Procastinating (8D)
* Surfing the Web
* Writing stories
* Checking Mail
* Chores (I don't know if this is considered as a hobby)
* Drawing
* Teasing my little brothers and sister

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2009, 07:19:35 AM »
Yes he can actually. It was fun to watch.

let's get it on, one of my accomplishments was one of the 1st in my small country to actually dance it out in a large scale competition before and after the full ver of the dance was released. but i'm rusty

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2009, 01:36:09 AM »
Anime, lots and lots of anime. Too much cause I don't want to get into mahou shojou. Other than that I rock climb, train in a martial art by the name of Balintawak Eskrima, and walk around aimlessly. Occasionally I try to do something creative but that usually turns out bad cause I compare myself with others to often then get down on myself about being worse then x or not as good as y. I sometimes play Dnd (3.5, can't stand 4th ed) with some friends in a different province but that tends to be difficult unless I'm visiting said other province.

Lexica

• Phantom Princess
  • Well erm...
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2009, 08:54:10 PM »
Main hobby is model and figurine making and frequently compare myself to Alice...

Nothing else apart from that... mostly
Anything to eat... perhaps?

Mizuki-chan

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2009, 11:46:26 PM »
Main hobby is model and figurine making and frequently compare myself to Alice...

I'm not alone, I like to compare myself to anime/manga characters too.

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2009, 06:16:57 PM »
I just collect Godzilla stuff.

Patoyo

• Currently waiting for Touhou 13
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2009, 04:54:09 PM »
I like collecting boxes and plastic bags.

Patoyo

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2009, 04:55:55 PM »
I like collecting boxes and plastic bags.

Patoyo

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2009, 04:58:31 PM »
Opps, sorry for the double posts. My internet connection is swine flu'ed.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2009, 06:38:22 PM »
Reading, cooking, cats... I'm a male crazy cat lady.

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2009, 02:51:40 PM »
I play the guitar and spend most of my time watching movies and tv shows.

Anyone know any good anime series?

I got bored through the bount arc of Bleach, and I've finished watching all of Cowboy Bebop (currently downloading the movie)

« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2009, 06:27:32 AM »
I like going to the laboratory on a weekend, digging into the plastic recycling waste,  pulling out all the polystyrenes, and making sculptures by fusing the plastics together with acetone.....it's a blast. 

Herasy

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2009, 10:39:07 AM »
Tinkering with a variety of computer programs, helping friends and family with computers, browsing the net alot...while taking a Networking and Programming course.

Nothing too exciting.

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2009, 10:43:08 PM »
I also like taking pictures of proteins for some reason...........

Here's the light harvesting 2 (LH2) complex from Rhodopseudomonas acidophila

« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2009, 03:45:40 AM »
Other than gaming, I make games, go on the internet (if you count that), and watch anime. Laziness sort of stops me from doing any of those though.

« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2009, 03:25:22 PM »
reading stuff on the internet, sleeping, reading biology books, reading chemistry books, reading physics books, surfing the internet, reading manga, reading cosmology books, watching videos, reading astronomy books, reading history books, reading mythology books, occasionally working at my father's company as marketing person (don't ask, i don't even like marketing, i don't even know much about it, i also don't know why does he employ his son who hasn't even finished school instead of a professional marketing director.)

but all those things use very little of my time, videogames are what i live for.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2009, 08:02:03 PM »
I'm a compulsive computer upgrader. I spend a lot of my wage just buying and selling computer parts. And I end up playing games that don't use 10% of my hardware capabilities lol
I go to the gym 5 days a week / 2 hours a day.
I collect Magic: The Gathering cards
I'm a .net framework developer so when i have nothing left to do I work in my own projects in .asp and c#

but honestly, most of my day i'm playing games, even at work if i have the time =P
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:00:24 PM by lmagus »
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

TheMasterSpark

• Lunatic lemurialist
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2009, 09:57:36 AM »
The only thing apart from video gaming that I'd count as a hobby of mine would be my interest in Warhammer Fantasy Battles. If you're not familiar with Warhammer its basically a hobby where you get to model and paint armies of miniature soldiers and then push them around a tabletop in a game of strategy/dice. There's never a shortage of things to do with the hobby, as long as you're in the mood for it. :)

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2009, 12:47:31 AM »
The only thing apart from video gaming that I'd count as a hobby of mine would be my interest in Warhammer Fantasy Battles. If you're not familiar with Warhammer its basically a hobby where you get to model and paint armies of miniature soldiers and then push them around a tabletop in a game of strategy/dice. There's never a shortage of things to do with the hobby, as long as you're in the mood for it. :)

What faction do you play?

CHAOS4LYFE here

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2009, 01:27:18 AM »
Oh, airsoft, I freaking love it.  You run around with guns in the woods and shoot at people.  I'm not exactly Mr. Macho but I turn into Broman Broberg McBroenstein when I'm reconnoitering my way through the forest with a squad, eyes open for an ambush. 

I could go on forever but I highly recommend giving airsoft a shot (hurf durf).  It's a good way to get outside, vent stress, and have a GREAT time.  If you want to know more just PM me.

TheMasterSpark

• Lunatic lemurialist
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2009, 04:02:37 PM »
What faction do you play?

CHAOS4LYFE here

The Vampire Counts are my major army, although I am considering starting a Warriors of Chaos army centered around the special character Sigvald. :)

What/Which parts of Chaos are you into? All of them? If so, which one have you enjoyed the most, Beasts, Daemons or Mortals?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2009, 04:48:17 PM »
I'm a progressive/technical metal enthusiast. :D Currently into instrumental stuff like Blotted Science.
Let's fight.

Wriggle Nightbug

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2009, 07:00:57 PM »
Apart from Touhou/other Gaming I have hobbies like playing the piano, I like to work out, and I collect the manga Black Cat. I read much more manga though. Oh and I have the 2nd kyu (=brown belt) at Shotokan Karate.

Metal I do not count as a hobby, Metal is my life.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2009, 07:14:03 PM »

The Vampire Counts are my major army, although I am considering starting a Warriors of Chaos army centered around the special character Sigvald. :)

What/Which parts of Chaos are you into? All of them? If so, which one have you enjoyed the most, Beasts, Daemons or Mortals?

Well, I only have a Mortals army as of the moment. I'm trying to build it up to 2250/2000 points first. Tzeentch/Slaanesh based mix of Cavalry and Infantry and a heavy dose of magic. Sigvald, IMO, looks pretty cool fluff/ability-wise but I don't think he's too good of a Special Character. Although he has a huge number of attacks, S5 isn't going kill much. Especially big things such as Dragons. It's odd, because Mortals has some of the strongest infantry around yet they don't have many ways to deal with huge monsters.

I've wanted to start a Daemons army because of the dual function in both Fantasy and 40k, but I'm not too fond of the fact that most of the units don't have a model yet and how playing Daemons is frowned upon in Fantasy :<.

What's your Vampire Counts army like troop-wise?

TheMasterSpark

• Lunatic lemurialist
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2009, 08:06:34 PM »
Well, I only have a Mortals army as of the moment. I'm trying to build it up to 2250/2000 points first. Tzeentch/Slaanesh based mix of Cavalry and Infantry and a heavy dose of magic. Sigvald, IMO, looks pretty cool fluff/ability-wise but I don't think he's too good of a Special Character. Although he has a huge number of attacks, S5 isn't going kill much. Especially big things such as Dragons. It's odd, because Mortals has some of the strongest infantry around yet they don't have many ways to deal with huge monsters.

I've wanted to start a Daemons army because of the dual function in both Fantasy and 40k, but I'm not too fond of the fact that most of the units don't have a model yet and how playing Daemons is frowned upon in Fantasy :<.

What's your Vampire Counts army like troop-wise?

My Vampire Counts army in its entirety totals close to 5000 points, give or take a few hundred points. The army wouldn't be very effective at such a high level though, I've more or less included atleast one unit of every entry in the list. I generally play battles between 1500-3000 points where the large selection of available units can really spice things up. I'm all for playing a balanced army though - medium magic, fast-moving hitters in support of solid line infantry and a smattering of smaller nuisances. :)

In regards to Sigvald, my desire to center an army around him is mainly for the background fluff on him, as well as the interesting abilities he brings to the field. He's quite expensive for his not too excellent offensive power but with some sound use I think he'll be able to make his points worth.

And when you mention Daemons, I've had some plans on eventually starting an army of them for use in 40k. I fight them with some regularity in Fantasy and it's true what they say, they do aggravate you from time to time. I still wouldn't let that fact alone hold you back from collecting an army of them though, much of how an army operates on the tabletop depends on the player. ;)

...I've also found these two awesome miniatures to use as a Herald of Slaanesh and Herald of Khorne respectively. I just had to share.  :D

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2009, 10:19:07 PM »
since uni is so hectic, my hobbies are: study hard. play hard. sleep hard.

the only free time i have at night are spent day dreaming, or even lucid dreaming, trying my best to recall said dream, etc.

flying is an epic experience i tell you, but not as epic as squashing
-a full moon,
-a sunset,
-a rainbow,
-and meteor shower,
-and flying in the sky on a dragon all in one simulataneous experience, that i could just die of epicgasm.

besides dying of epicgasm, i usually think very deep things in my dream, but that may bore you.
Termnl_yt ht_i_sba. enfi_et uao_nri e_ewc_ gfo_f ineo kh_ tr o