Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic  (Read 242883 times)

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
« Reply #330 on: May 08, 2019, 11:55:31 PM »
[Got some repeat commands here, such as requests for names]

> "The red one is called Riga; the Blue one is called Tallinn" Alice says.

> "I'll basically need you to stay still and hold the doll you want to take with you for a while, while I attune both of them." Alice explains.

> You also note Daiyousei isn't much of a fighter. Although, she's also the best at

[I chose Riga and Tallinn because they're capitals of two small countries [They're small dolls] with good relations; specifically Latvia and Estonia.]

//EDIT:wrong auto-correct kikcking in/fluency] Ah thank you ! That is the reason "Riga " / " Tsalinn "vaguely familar,especially by the the pair-up for communication highlighted by red-blue (both Latvia and Estonia national) own design and inter-community tie ! Glad more info about them,that was my aim with a side-joke(Hourai?Shangai?)    :D //

> Simply hug Riga as motionlessly as we can,no movement like de-huggle ,until after the 7 threads are gone and Alice says so.

> Keep note of the Energy Drain.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 11:20:11 PM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2019, 01:22:09 AM »
// Don't keep hugging as Alice disapproves

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2019, 07:04:24 PM »
> Stop huggling it since Alice disapproves
> Keep steady and focus our energy in to the link

// Aah, that is the reason they sounded vaguely family and about the the pair-up for communication the red-blue connection by design ! Glad more info about them,that was my aim with a side-joke(Hourai?Shangai?)    :D //

> Simply hug Riga as motionlessly as we can,no movement like de-huggle ,until after the 7 threads are gone and Alice says so.

> Keep note of the Energy Drain.

> You figure since Alice told you not to move stopping the doll-hug would cause more annoyance, since this is movement.

> The drain starts to feel slightly stronger as the link brightens, until suddenly; Riga turns Blue and Tallinn turns red. The rainbow connection fades, and you no longer feel anywhere near the same amount of drain in energy. Only a very, very slow trickle.

> "There, the dolls are attuned to my magical signal and yours. They should be able to communicate across Gensokyo; although I wouldn't rely in it outside of Gensokyo." Alice says.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2019, 07:23:05 PM »
>"Alright."
>Which doll are we holding again, name wise?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2019, 07:48:26 PM »
>"Alright."
>Which doll are we holding again, name wise?

> Riga; unless the dolls swapped over; and the hair didn't flip sides so you don't think that happened.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2019, 08:19:22 PM »
> "So do we just talk to them or is it through thought?"
> "Also can anyone communicate with them or just me?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2019, 08:52:52 PM »
> "So do we just talk to them or is it through thought?"
> "Also can anyone communicate with them or just me?"

> "You have to focus your magic around the doll. You can probably fly while doing it but not much else." Alice states.

> "Only you can activate it, but anyone can talk; or hear me."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2019, 09:36:23 PM »
> "I suggest we try it before leaving"

> Go outside and focus our energy in to he doll

> "Alice?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #338 on: May 10, 2019, 03:57:04 PM »
>Consider the viability of each of our teammates if we were to leave one behind to stay with Alice

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #339 on: May 11, 2019, 04:45:37 PM »
> "I suggest we try it before leaving"

> Go outside and focus our energy in to he doll

> "Alice?"

> You go outside, and after a couple of attempts; you hear Alice say "Yes; I hear you."

>Consider the viability of each of our teammates if we were to leave one behind to stay with Alice

> Cirno is certainly a bad idea, as mentioned before. Likewise; keeping Cirno in line without Daiyousei would be rough.

> You don't see any particular problems with leaving Wriggle and Mystia; except losing their own skills; such as their abilities to communicate with insects and birds.

> Mayina being left behind is probably an absolutely awful idea; at least, alone, but that said; you can see leaving him behind in the sense of being out of danger also... sensible. You're also unsure if he'd behave around Alice; especially given he was originally after her Grimoire. [But you're also pretty much certain he would stand absolutely no chance against Alice; let alone the residents of Eientei.]

> Kogasa is the only one of the group who's been to Makai, and also doesn't need to breathe so is fine going there if the need arises. But you've also known her for about a day and a half and she's already shown to be... less than focused on anything that isn't surprising people.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #340 on: May 11, 2019, 06:25:08 PM »
//Probably not Mayina because we don't trust him enough yet. (and because I want to see what a conversation between him and Koakuma would look like)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #341 on: May 11, 2019, 11:17:31 PM »
// I want Mayina with us so we can do some relationship building
// In leaning towards leaving Cirno and Daiyousei as they are pretty much indestructible

Branneg Xy

« Reply #342 on: May 12, 2019, 11:06:47 PM »
// I want Mayina with us so we can do some relationship building
// In leaning towards leaving Cirno and Daiyousei as they are pretty much indestructible
[  :ohdear: ! Much of this player Meta-Discussion is :wikipedia: ! ]
// Alright,team-building with Mayina and not only him.

// :wikipedia:  :blush:  ;)  A pair is too much,but also leaving 1 of them would be mostly unfit,in fact because they are potentially,not totally, indestructible,but could still be exhausted/defeated without going through"fairy-nature" recovery .
//Examples being Nature-Dependant,Sealable ;though it would take a quite skilled specialized effort mespecially for Cirno&Daiyousei  ;it would be easier to either Defeat Fairies and Complete Objective(s) or to Continually Defeat/Drive Them Away/Stunning/Combination of Power&Magic&Skills/etc.

//They are even more potentially skilled ,Example: especially together(Fairy Natural Ice Power & Skills,growing, teamed with Fairy Calm-Headness & Counsels,also limited self-teleportation).

// Wriggle(Rumia's Best Friend) could be more fit for the task both monitor,track,spy,Warn AND being hardly-detectable,partly by herself, especialy working by her with Manipulation of Inscects(Insect-Limited)set-up some ambush/counter or better yet help set them-up:the others I agree,like,including Mystia and Kogasa are still for the Team
with Rumia,until all the team is gathered.
//Finally as a Last-Resort of her--->"Last World :Little Butterfly Storm",certain knowledge /experience/movements abouh Forerts&Underbrush(In Canon, in "Inaba of the Moon&Earth" she reached Eintei and was a bother to Reisen until Tewi intervened),some boost and avoidance by "Wriggle Kick". :wikipedia:

> Smile and do come back inside : "Even with the small drain and magic focusing,they are Neat & Useful! Thanks a lot,Alice!So in Gensokyo both us ,after we activate Riga and Tsalinn,and  others can hear and talk on borh ends....

> Sun,Sky,Weather Status,fly somewhat if uncertain,then...

> Re-group with the others standing between our team and Alice,closer to the 1st "...In fact with such neatness ,is it necessary or not that 1among us,in addition to the Eientei,who is fit&willing would stand  here by you,Alice,just until the Elis issue is somehow adjusted and a good chunk of the Heretic Makaian one too ?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 01:31:09 AM by Branneg Xy »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #343 on: May 13, 2019, 02:50:56 PM »
// Maybe now that we have communication we don't have to leave anyone?

Branneg Xy

« Reply #344 on: May 16, 2019, 08:35:10 PM »
// Maybe now that we have communication we don't have to leave anyone?
// You are right,I am editing my post to be an open-ended anwser in both directions, and Indeed I was under that same impression as well,but we have to wait for both  the group answers and,unless those answers are explicative enough ,EvilNazgul's(the main intercessor for leaving 1 behind as more security)//.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #345 on: May 19, 2019, 07:20:05 AM »
// I say let's vote on this now that we know we can communicate with Alice.  Leave someone behind? Y/N

// I vote no because we established communication and it would leave us a party member down

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #346 on: May 19, 2019, 07:45:22 AM »
//As before, I say yes, since murphy's law exists and I've had moments in past quests where I was lulled into a false sense of security and things quickly became worse because precautions weren't taken.

//Besides we can handle missing a single person. iirc Kogasa was AWOL through at least one of the fights we've been in (can't remember if it was Donnie or Mayina tho.).

//Wriggle seems to be the best choice if we do end up leaving someone. She's proven to be the most trustworthy.
- Cirno is a definite no.
- While Daiyousei is a good option on paper, it'll be problematic to leave Cirno (with Alice or Us) without Dai-chan there keep her in line.
- Kogasa can't be trusted to follow directions because she'll take not following them as an opportunity to surprise us.
- Mystia doesn't know when to shut up.
- Wriggle is our best friend and literally the only one that hasn't proven to have faults from what we've seen so far. She also has access to an early warning system (bugs), and is really our only reliable ally right now.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #347 on: May 19, 2019, 06:23:58 PM »
//Weren't going to go check on the portal Mayina came out of to see if it's unfrozen so we could refreeze it if it was unfrozen and still open? In that case we still need Cirno.
//I doubt reverse psychology would work on Kogasa, like saying that we wouldn't be surprised if she didn't follow what we tell her to do.
//So I guess Wriggle is our best bet for leaving someone behind.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #348 on: May 20, 2019, 01:29:45 AM »
// Well then lets leave Wriggle

// We wanted to investigate the portal since we have miasma protection which gives us unrestricted access to Makai.  It also won't hurt to refreeze it because its been a while since we were last there.

> Look at Wriggle
> "Wriggle could you stay and keep Alice company while we revisit the SDM and investigate Mayina's portal?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #349 on: May 20, 2019, 04:02:33 AM »
>"How far can bugs warn you in advance of an approaching threat, on average?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #350 on: May 20, 2019, 08:21:51 AM »
> Look at Wriggle
> "Wriggle could you stay and keep Alice company while we revisit the SDM and investigate Mayina's portal?"

> Wriggle looks a little bit surprised.

> "I guess I can do that." she says.

>"How far can bugs warn you in advance of an approaching threat, on average?"

> "It depends how many bugs there are. They have to actually tell me, but one bug can tell another bug and so on."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #351 on: May 20, 2019, 08:54:59 AM »
>"Well, I don't think you'll have a shortage of bugs, this is a forest, after all."

//Will be sleeping soon. Please don't leave yet, because there's a parting sentence I want to say to Wriggle before we leave.

//Also should we also give them a place to meet up with us in the event things do go south?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #352 on: May 21, 2019, 12:53:41 AM »
> Ask Mayina discreetly "Anything specific you want to do or see on the way back to the Scarlet Mansion?  I don't want you to feel like we're just dragging you around"
(Low voice and sincere tone while saying this)

// We should indeed, how about Misty Lake

Branneg Xy

« Reply #353 on: May 22, 2019, 02:05:45 AM »
// For now let us first deal with Sumireko,Mayina's Makai Portal and SDM,afterwards we are going to be checking Misty Lake&sorroundings,or thinking and going for other places,for a fairly accessible and hidden meeting place,then communicate it to Wriggle&Alice&Eientei ".//

// Well this is as far as "  meeting places outside buildings,harder to track,easier to access "are concerned....Excluding Eientei & Bamboo Forest since too close to Alice,unless we need to regroup with Alice & Eientei Support or throw off tenacious pursuers by passing  deeply  in the outer rim,but just the outer, of the Forest // .

> How were Sun,Sky,Weathe,Approximate Time Status when we went out of the building?

> Frown with a small smile " Mhmh! In any case,if things ever go south or we are somehow scattered without a clear plan to regroup, we should seek out,after the Portal and SDM priorities, a meeting place while traveling in general,one more readily accessible than Eientei,if unable to regroup here due to Alice's Safety or not enough time ,but still somehow hidden..."

> "...Perhaps,after poking at them, spots around the Mistly Lake or some spots inside our usual "Great Forest " or... I am open to suggestions...".

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #354 on: May 24, 2019, 08:26:44 PM »
[Something's been up with my notifications. Also with the current site issue I wanted to give a chance for Hope]

>"Well, I don't think you'll have a shortage of bugs, this is a forest, after all."

//Will be sleeping soon. Please don't leave yet, because there's a parting sentence I want to say to Wriggle before we leave.

//Also should we also give them a place to meet up with us in the event things do go south?

> "There's insects pretty much everywhere, but it depends on the insects. News moves faster with fast winged bugs and things like ant colonies than solitary beetles." Wriggle says.

> Ask Mayina discreetly "Anything specific you want to do or see on the way back to the Scarlet Mansion?  I don't want you to feel like we're just dragging you around"
(Low voice and sincere tone while saying this)

// We should indeed, how about Misty Lake

> "You're asking as if I even know any places." the daemon says in an annoyed manner. "How am I supposed to tell you where I want to go when I don't have a clue where there even is?"

// For now let us first deal with Sumireko,Mayina's Makai Portal and SDM,afterwards we are going to be checking Misty Lake&sorroundings,or thinking and going for other places,for a fairly accessible and hidden meeting place,then communicate it to Wriggle&Alice&Eientei ".//

// Well this is as far as "  meeting places outside buildings,harder to track,easier to access "are concerned....Excluding Eientei & Bamboo Forest since too close to Alice,unless we need to regroup with Alice & Eientei Support or throw off tenacious pursuers by passing  deeply  in the outer rim,but just the outer, of the Forest // .

> How were Sun,Sky,Weathe,Approximate Time Status when we went out of the building?

> Frown with a small smile " Mhmh! In any case,if things ever go south or we are somehow scattered without a clear plan to regroup, we should seek out,after the Portal and SDM priorities, a meeting place while traveling in general,one more readily accessible than Eientei,if unable to regroup here due to Alice's Safety or not enough time ,but still somehow hidden..."

> "...Perhaps,after poking at them, spots around the Mistly Lake or some spots inside our usual "Great Forest " or... I am open to suggestions...".

> You don't know since you've not actually left the building.

// It's around midday, average weather.

> "I mean, the Misty Lake is somewhat central in Gensokyo." Mystia says. "And we all know our way there. It's even close to all our homes."

> Mystia looks at Kogasa.

> "Where do you live anyway Kogasa?"

> "Myouren Graveyard." Kogasa says.

> Mystia looks a little dejected. "Why do you get to go all these places where I'm chased out from... 'con-artist'; 'bad influence'... I'm just doing what Youkai do."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #355 on: May 25, 2019, 02:49:12 AM »
> Look at Mayina
> "Of course you don't, however if you see something that interests you don't be shy and tell us.  I feel that all we've done is drag you around and get you mixed up in our affairs which has almost gotten you killed twice, so I want to make it up somehow"

> Look to the rest of the group
> "Then Misty Lake it is!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #356 on: May 25, 2019, 02:55:08 AM »
>"Should we make a backup location to meet in case we can't get there for some reason or another?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #357 on: May 25, 2019, 08:40:05 AM »
> Add "And the back side of the SDM if Misty Lake is dangerous" instead of saying "Should we make a backup location to meet in case we can't get there for some reason or another?"

Branneg Xy

« Reply #358 on: May 26, 2019, 02:12:12 AM »
> " Ooh Misty...do not feel down because we are setting right those rumours&suspicions by the good and worth of  Youkai&Fairies such as us are openly doing for Gensokyo,while still being Youkai-like&Fairy-Like,when working together at the right time shaking with surprise up &down those great doubts...

>"... like we have done by helping the Human Village alongside Keine despite all the strong doubts at us".

// Better encountr Sekibanki in private, and sooner or later the rest of the "Grassroots Youkai Network) " ,before mentioning her "Villager-ing"//.

// More Importantly, after exiting the Bamboo Forest,or on the way to or back from Misty Lake/SDM if "sneak" from that encounter , the group(- Wriggle) is going to meet up an informed Sumireko wrongly thinking ,due to Mayina, we are either accomplices of the Heretic Makaians or just being deceived...We could start out by exchanging presentations,explanations and info without trying to sneak , and perphaps even make a proposal to accompany us up to the SDM ... //

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #359 on: May 26, 2019, 07:51:23 AM »
// Rumia does not know that she will encounter Sumireko (retcon happened) so it's important we don't let it influence any decisions.  So no trying to hide Mayina or disguise him
// Even though we all know what's gonna happen we have to ignore it to be in-character