Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic  (Read 242790 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
« Reply #270 on: April 29, 2019, 12:25:43 AM »
> "Perhaps if her body was sealed first?  Somehow my seal manages to transmutate darkness which is an intangible void in to blood which is defined physical matter, perhaps making a seal or spell that does the opposite must also be possible"

> "Can we come back here at night and rest?  That vampire might appear again at night and kill us"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #271 on: April 29, 2019, 08:45:31 AM »
> "Perhaps if her body was sealed first?  Somehow my seal manages to transmutate darkness which is an intangible void in to blood which is defined physical matter, perhaps making a seal or spell that does the opposite must also be possible"

> "Can we come back here at night and rest?  That vampire might appear again at night and kill us"

> "It would still be an incredibly difficult task. To transmute an Eternal body at all may be impossible outright. " Eirin says.

> "Why are we trying to come up with ideas to try and kill me anyway?" Kaguya asks. "As amusing as it is to hear these plans, it's still not something I would wish to even test. Just because I am immortal dosen't mean I cannot feel pain and such."

> "I do not see a reason why you cannot use this place for shelter if required." Kaguya says. "Although I wouldn't cut your investigation short just to fly halfway across Gensokyo to specifically get back here."

> "They'd be after me regardless. With the difficulty to reach this place and Kaguya; Reisen and Eirin protecting it, we should be fine here." Alice explains.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #272 on: April 29, 2019, 09:47:30 AM »
> "Yeah you're nice too, I don't see why anyone would want to kill you"

> "Thanks for letting us stay if needed, farewell"
> Be polite and bow before leaving

> "So lets look around Youkai Mountain for that cat, we can also ask if she knows anything about the incident"
> Head out of the forest, memorizing the path for future trips.  Mark Eientei's direction on our compass if needed

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #273 on: April 29, 2019, 09:58:16 AM »

> "So lets look around Youkai Mountain for that cat, we can also ask if she knows anything about the incident"
> Head out of the forest, memorizing the path for future trips.  Mark Eientei's direction on our compass if needed
>Don't commit to this part yet.

//Do We really want to intentionally seek out yukari? I understand the ooc benefits of doing so, but in character we know she's friends with Reimu, and that could be risky.

//Also about 4:00 am here. I need to sleep so prolly won't reply for several hours

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #274 on: April 29, 2019, 10:20:45 AM »
// Yes in-character Rumia wants answers and isn't really afraid of Reimu or any Gensokyan anymore after having dealt with all these Makaians trying to actually kill her.  Yukari/Ran/Chen isn't just about the seal but also may provide leads or tips to solving the incident, and Yukari is the only real lead she has right now other than wandering around hoping something pops up
// Also out-of-character I have a feeling this 'sidequest' will unlock additional bonus sidequests or even main quests

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #275 on: April 29, 2019, 06:28:58 PM »
isn't really afraid of Reimu [anymore]
//Since when?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #276 on: April 29, 2019, 06:42:07 PM »
// Since having to face all these Makaians with no spell card rules.  Also we've established that Rumia isn't the kind of person to ignore an issue if she's scared of it, she wouldn't have confronted Yumeko to save Mayina and wouldn't have gone to Makai at all if she was

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #277 on: April 29, 2019, 06:48:34 PM »
//Still not as scary as an angry Reimu, imo.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #278 on: April 29, 2019, 06:48:51 PM »
// edit
// Why would Reimu even be angry at us, she doesn't know about Mima and won't find out according to Okina so we can forget that.  We're actually investigating the incident instead of getting in her way and trying to eat her, I'd say that's an improvement

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #279 on: April 29, 2019, 06:59:31 PM »
// At best; Rumia would be apprehensive around Reimu.

1: She dosen't know where Reimu stands in relation to the power of the daemons. Rumia dosen't know Reimu's potential anyway. For all Rumia knows Reimu can curbstomp Elis.

2: It's kinda a food-chain thing. The Hakurei Maiden as a position exterminates Youkai.  It's not like it's a box of roses getting blasted by Danmaku either, it's designed to hurt. Then there's possibility to be sealed, ect.

Rumia would most likely prefer to approach most other people in Gensokyo over Reimu. Especially in the event she [Or more likly Cirno...] lets something slip regarding being responsible for Mima.

Of course; Gensokyo is fairly large, avoiding Reimu while finding other people is completely possible. Although it is worth noting Marisa's last known location is Youkai Mountain [As she said she was going there to ask Nitori some things]. So if anything you are more likly to run into Marisa [And Sanae as well] than Reimu if you choose to go Cat-hunting.

And of course, just because looking for Chen is what is being suggested by Eirin dosen't mean you should do that. Aside from other main plot directions I may set out later; you can always choose to do something completely different and not follow up leads. Nothing is stopping you trying to return to Makai to investigate there more, for example, revisiting a prior location [EG: Myouren Temple to see if the barrier is still up; SDM to check on Remilia and Flandre; Hakurei Shrine to check on the Three+Piece; ect] or deciding something like asking if your friends know anyone who might be useful and following their ideas.

You might even bump into Chen/Ran/Yukari at a later point by accident, and not following the lead.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:05:31 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #280 on: April 29, 2019, 07:04:51 PM »
//I meant the spell Elis used to knock everyone (besides Rumia because of her darkness sphere) out, I guess I wasn't specific enough. I thought it would be fitting to warn about it.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2019, 07:06:40 PM »
//I meant the spell Elis used to knock everyone (besides Rumia because of her darkness sphere) out, I guess I wasn't specific enough. I thought it would be fitting to warn about it.

You can re-submit the action with the specifics and I can parse that ^_^. I assumed you meant the offensive Blood Magic spell since that is where the focus of most of the discussion had been [And would be the spell Eirin would assume due to Sakuya's wounds]

Hope ♦ Metal

« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2019, 07:20:41 PM »
>"If Elis tries to come back, she might decide to not waste time fighting to get the Grimoire.  She might try that spell she used to knock us out before Sakuya showed up. I wasn't affected because of my darkness sphere, but you don't really have that, so be careful."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2019, 08:13:38 PM »
>"If Elis tries to come back, she might decide to not waste time fighting to get the Grimoire.  She might try that spell she used to knock us out before Sakuya showed up. I wasn't affected because of my darkness sphere, but you don't really have that, so be careful."

> Eirin looks curious. "A spell your darkness blocked? Is the attack light-based then? If that is the case; Undonge can handle it by manipulateing the wavelength."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2019, 09:45:42 PM »
// It's unlikely we'll run into Reimu at Youkai Mountain so let's go and see if we can find Chen though let's go there via the SDM to tell them about Sakuya and also find out how the fight vs Elis went

> "So lets head back to the SDM to inform them of Sakuya's condition and ask how the fight with Elis went.  Then let's have a look around Youkai Mountain for Chen, who knows she might have a tip or lead for futher places to investigate"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2019, 10:44:25 PM »
> "So lets head back to the SDM to inform them of Sakuya's condition and ask how the fight with Elis went.  Then let's have a look around Youkai Mountain for Chen, who knows she might have a tip or lead for futher places to investigate"
>Don't plan to go look for Chen. Chen would lead to Yukari which might potentially lead to an encounter with Reimu at worst, or information trickling back to her. We're unsure if this Yukari person would be trustworthy, after all.

//If it's necessary to run into them, it'll probably happen on accident anyway.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 10:50:56 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2019, 11:18:23 PM »
// Alright
> Remove "Then let's have a look around Youkai Mountain for Chen, who knows she might have a tip or lead for futher places to investigate"
> Add "Then lets try and head back to the gateway to Makai and let Yumeko know that we were attacked by Elis and that Alice is in a safe place now"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #287 on: April 29, 2019, 11:19:54 PM »
> Add "Then lets try and head back to the gateway to Makai and let Yumeko know that we were attacked by Elis and that Alice is in a safe place now"
>We already know there is no point in doing so. The gateway is blocked. (Plus it's literally right next to Reimu's place. Plus there's still Mima and a possible angry Aunn to worry about.)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #288 on: April 29, 2019, 11:25:17 PM »
> Change to "Then lets investigate around the portal Mayina came through and refreeze it if its melted" (We now have Miasma protection so we should be able to see whats on the other side)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #289 on: April 29, 2019, 11:29:52 PM »
//I'm fine with that.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #290 on: April 30, 2019, 06:17:02 PM »
// It's unlikely we'll run into Reimu at Youkai Mountain so let's go and see if we can find Chen though let's go there via the SDM to tell them about Sakuya and also find out how the fight vs Elis went

> "Amusement." Kaguya states. "There's another immortal who I frequently fight with."

> "It's nothing, there's no real need to thank me." Kaguya says.

> You bow before leaving, and everyone except Cirno [Who dosen't get the hint] and Mayina does the same. You note unlike Shinki, the Princess dosen't object to this action.

> Change to "Then lets investigate around the portal Mayina came through and refreeze it if its melted" (We now have Miasma protection so we should be able to see whats on the other side)

> You and the others head out of the Bamboo Forest, following the trail from Eientei, having no mishaps while doing so. You are very careful to stick to the path however, given the name of the Forest. You mark Eientei's location, although when you leave the Bamboo Forest, it vanishes. It is nearing midday.

> As you head towards the Scarlet Mansion, you notice an unusual sight. A flying Human. That you don't recognize. She sticks out like a sore thumb as well with her somewhat flamboyant appearance, complete with a cape, and bright purple clothing.

> Upon noticeing your group; what seems to be... cards fly out of her pocket and start swirling around her, as she floats up and looks down upon you.

> Sumireko Usami
> Torn Between Dream and Reality

> "Oh my, they're even here in the Dream Utopia of Gensokyo." the girl says.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #291 on: April 30, 2019, 06:22:26 PM »
>Quick headcount of who is in the party right now, before anything else is parsed.

//Alice is still with us, right?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #292 on: April 30, 2019, 06:28:18 PM »
// Alice stayed at Eientei since it's safer for her

> "Who are 'they' miss human?"

> Drool a little if our Youkai Instincts are telling us to...
> Wipe it off, old habits die hard

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #293 on: April 30, 2019, 06:37:35 PM »
// Alice stayed at Eientei since it's safer for her

> "Who are 'they' miss human?"

> Drool a little if our Youkai Instincts are telling us to...
> Wipe it off, old habits die hard
>Don't do this yet.

//What do you mean she stayed!? Had I known I would've refused leaving. We made a promise to protect her, after all, and I'd rather not take any chances on leaving her alone after Elis ex Machina.

//If Rai confirms that she's not with us, would you mind opening a retcon vote since we literally just left and barely any progression happened?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #294 on: April 30, 2019, 06:40:54 PM »
>Don't do this yet.

//What do you mean she stayed!? Had I known I would've refused leaving. We made a promise to protect her, after all, and I'd rather not take any chances on leaving her alone after Elis ex Machina.

//If Rai confirms that she's not with us, would you mind opening a retcon vote since we literally just left and barely any progression happened?

// I'm fine with going back to try and convince Alice, but it won't be easy. You'll need to convince her she's safer sticking with you than in Eientei.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #295 on: April 30, 2019, 06:57:42 PM »
// She's with immortal Kaguya, Eirin, Reisen and Tewi. Also Alice showed no signs of wanting to leave and reassured us she'd be fine with them.  We'll be stuck in Eientei if we wait for Alice
// Besides it will be easier for Elis to track us down than to find Eientei within the "Bamboo forest of the lost" and even then the rabbits will have given the heads up to Tewi&co.  Eirin can also cast Astronomical Entombing if worst comes to worst
// If she's with us and Elis finds us she'll waste no time to one-shot us and take Alice and we really can do nothing about it other than hope we don't encounter her
// Having characters in the party doesn't automatically make it safer for them

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #296 on: April 30, 2019, 07:14:36 PM »
//If being in quests has taught me anything, it's
1. It's better to be paranoid than not because...
2. Parsers love Murphy's Law.
3. There is no such thing as a "safe zone".

//Hell, we don't even have to convince her to follow us. It's not so much leaving her at Eientei that I'm concerned about than that I simply don't trust leaving her "alone" without our group's protection when me made a promise to Yumeko.

//I'd be fine with allowing someone trustworthy to stay behind just to ease our worries a bit. (Probably Kogasa since she was with us in Makai and thus knows more about the situation, even though I'd personally rather not put her in charge because of the whole "I didn't do my one job and signal you because I thought it would surprise you" fiasco. Perhaps Wriggle instead, though the isn't as strong so it might be an issue if the inevitable happens.)

//Bonus points if there is a way to contact each other a distance (could ask Eirin if she has anything that could allow such. Or maybe Alice still has the communication dolls from the SA incident.)

Hope ♦ Metal

« Reply #297 on: April 30, 2019, 07:36:41 PM »
//We could leave both but then there's only three of us and Mayina.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #298 on: April 30, 2019, 09:07:01 PM »
// Our groups protection?  Rumia is the only one in our group that can even stay conscious in an encounter with Elis, I doubt leaving anyone will make any difference if it comes to a fight, the Eientei group will be the ones to make a difference
// Unless you don't directly mean protection and more like having someone 'babysit' Alice to make sure she doesn't leave Eientei, them I'm all for it.  It should be our most trustworthy member though, not the strongest since strength won't make a difference (in fact we'd rather have strong members with us in case we encounter other threats (not Elis))

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #299 on: May 01, 2019, 03:33:27 PM »
//I'm fine with keeping someone trustworthy with Alice. I'd prefer not to leave her alone. We agreed to protect her after all, so we should at the very least have one of us keeping an eye on her while we're away.

//You're agreeing to open a retcon vote, then?