Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic  (Read 242709 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2019, 10:08:48 PM »
> Throw the pocket watch at Sakuya's good hand!
> If Sakuya fails to catch it catch with a barrier for her to pick it up

> Surround ourselves in multiple stacked demarcation barriers
> Keep up Midnight Bird

// Add quest "Impossible fights require Impossible Spellcards:  Obtain/Create Impossible Spellcards" <- We'll need these if we want to continue dealing with Makaians without risking killing them

// Secondary Quest added: Develop a rule-breaking Spellcard

> You throw the watch at Sakuya's open hand, which she catches, flicks open and presses the small thing on the side.

> "Time Sign: Private Square" she says.

You have temporarily lost control of Rumia

You now temporarily control Sakuya

Your menu is mostly locked, many options such as 'status' and 'relationships' are blocked

> You have stopped time for all living beings in the area, except for yourself. Usually, when performing this technique [not the spellcard] you'd have about eight seconds. But in your current state you doubt you can maintain it for more than five. Entering your Private Square is a massive strain on your body and energy, both of which are in poor condition.

> Still; all you should need is five seconds, you were waiting for this specific moment.

> The very crack of dawn. You're nowhere near good enough to stop time universally... but that's an advantage too.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 10:10:22 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2019, 10:43:09 PM »
(Do not advance time)
> What were we planning to do once Rumia threw us the watch?

> Abilities/Skills/Inventory that we can use during time-stop

> Do we know sealing magic?

> Can we steal her wand while time is stopped?

> Can we move Elis around while time is stopped?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2019, 10:57:43 PM »
(Do not advance time)
> What were we planning to do once Rumia threw us the watch?

> Abilities/Skills/Inventory that we can use during time-stop

> Do we know sealing magic?

> Can we steal her wand while time is stopped?

> Can we move Elis around while time is stopped?

> Your plan was simple, stop her retreating from the dawn. For this reason you chose to spring your trap at the very break of dawn. Even a few seconds means more sunlight upon her before she can react.

> You pretty much only have your knives, both conjured and Silver Knives [You only have 5 on you at this moment, some have been broken in battle or lost, and one is currently in the air]. Your magic is mostly focused on the timestop. The limit of what you can do during a timestop magic-wise is conjure knives and fly.

> No

> If you can pry it from her grip, a grip literally frozen in time, then yes. If her grip is loose you can probobly take it, otherwise you have no chance.

> No; Elis is frozen in time, and thus cannot be moved or harmed... although you can set things up for her to be harmed the instant time resumes. For example; when you stabbed her throat earlier you thrusted the knife right against it, and when time resumed the knife penetrated her throat immediately. Something frozen in time cannot be changed. Time being frozen means Space is frozen too.

> For the same reason, the dawn's first rays are not doing anything to Elis yet. Her Time-Frozen body cannot react to the light.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 11:01:22 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2019, 11:31:18 PM »
> Conjure all the knives we can and place them so she gets stabbed the moment time resumes, so she has knives to deal with in addition to the sunshine

> See if we can slide her wand out of her grip, this shouldn't be too hard if it doesn't have any bends and is a straight line

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2019, 11:48:13 PM »
>How is our mistress? Is she okay, or is she in better/ worse condition than us?

//Out doing errands at the moment

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2019, 06:14:39 PM »
>How is our mistress? Is she okay, or is she in better/ worse condition than us?

//Out doing errands at the moment

> Remilia used up most of her stamina fighting Elis and had to retreat to the mansion along with Flandre. Turns out Vampires are very, very bad at killing each other. But even with your aid, as soon as Elis got serious... you and the Mistress were overwhelmed. Even Flandre tried to help; but she is completely unskilled in fighting and her lack of anything besides brute force was as much of a hindrance as aid.

> Conjure all the knives we can and place them so she gets stabbed the moment time resumes, so she has knives to deal with in addition to the sunshine

> See if we can slide her wand out of her grip, this shouldn't be too hard if it doesn't have any bends and is a straight line

> You conjure a large amount of knives, although significantly fewer than you usually could due to your condition. They are placed around Elis; at various angles, targeting pretty much every vital a human would have, as well as her wings.

> The vampire has a tight grip on the wand. Logical; seeing as she was in the middle of casting magic, and thus would be gripping the wand tightly. Besides, you tried doing that before while you were fighting her and it didn't work. Attempting to force it out of her hand just makes your vision go hazy and you almost faint from the effort. You know from the look that youkai gave you that you have no right to even be conscious, let alone performing a physical feat like overpowereing a vampire's grip.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 06:18:19 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2019, 07:53:04 PM »
> Spawn a knife that will strike the wand on the star (aim to knock it out of her hand)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2019, 08:07:08 PM »
> Spawn a knife that will strike the wand on the star (aim to knock it out of her hand)

> You create a knife that will strike the tip of the wand.

> You do not feel like you can continue the timestop much longer.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »
> Save our energy for possible revenge attacks, resume the normal flow of time
> Before resuming time move to a slightly different position in case she was going to attack us based on our last position (that she remembers)

// Once we regain control of Rumia
> Quickly fly up to dodge any attacks
> Upon realizing Elis is in the sunshine trap her in as many stacked physical (not darkness!) barriers (barrier inside barrier) as we can spawn

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2019, 11:15:20 PM »
// lunch break

> Upon realizing Elis is in the sunshine trap her in as many stacked physical (not darkness!) barriers (barrier inside barrier) as we can spawn
>If Elis starts to break through the stacked barriers, break and give players a command opportunity.

//I don't want to auto commit to a spellcard if she breaks out yet, just in case it's either unnecessary or whatever comes from this would make a trance risky.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2019, 11:56:47 PM »
// Agree with Evil_Nazgul0616

// Can we get a command opportunity if Elis' wand gets knocked out of her hand
// Also can we get a command opportunity if the sunlight almost kills Elis (before dying obviously)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2019, 07:30:33 PM »
> Save our energy for possible revenge attacks, resume the normal flow of time
> Before resuming time move to a slightly different position in case she was going to attack us based on our last position (that she remembers)

> "Let time flow again" you say as you back off a little.

You have lost control of Sakuya

You have regained control of Rumia

> Huh? The sun just seemed to... jump over the horizon?

> Elis is  struck by several knives in various locations, although one aimed for her wand seems to be knocked off-course before reaching it by... something unseen. Had she been human, or even most species of Youkai, she would certainly have died. But she wasn't.

> For a brief moment, Elis looks bemused, the knife in her throat being ejected by a small gout of magic, and she smiles.

> Then all of a sudden she howls in pain, as the sunbeams of dawn make contact with her arm, which effectively bursts into flame.

> "What is this?!" she shrieks, like a bat in the night. She attempts to shield herself with her wing, but this starts turning into black smoke, holes being ripped through it by the light.

> The Scarlets were not kidding. Sunlight is really bad for Vampires!

> You start to form some barriers to try and slow her down [You are under absolutely no illusion that you can contain a vampire]. Elis starts diving directly downwards, to the cover of the treeline of the Forest of Magic.

// lunch break
>If Elis starts to break through the stacked barriers, break and give players a command opportunity.

//I don't want to auto commit to a spellcard if she breaks out yet, just in case it's either unnecessary or whatever comes from this would make a trance risky.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 07:35:26 PM by Raikaria »

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2019, 07:49:52 PM »
>Are we on the ground or in the sky?
>How is our darkness sphere interacting with the sunlight?
>What is Sakuya doing now?

//Only parse those actions that don't advance time.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2019, 08:11:22 PM »
>Are we on the ground or in the sky?
>How is our darkness sphere interacting with the sunlight?
>What is Sakuya doing now?

//Only parse those actions that don't advance time.

> Sky; above the treeline of the Forest.

> It is blocking most of the light from you. You're pretty senstive to light after all as you spend your life in darkness. You just don't combust.

> Sakuya is floating there, looking at Elis. She looks pale and is breatheing rapidly and heavily. It looks as if she can hardly grip the knife in her hand.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2019, 08:11:48 PM »
> Don't do the following if it looks like Elis is about to die from the sunlight
> Fly up as fast as we can and declare (for real this time) "Dark Side of the Moon" once we're far up enough so that she gets trapped in the sunlight by the bounded field of the spell card rules
> If we have any control over our movement during the spell, put all our effort into moving upward

> If Elis looks like shes going to die from the sunlight just shoot at her with all the danmaku we got, all aimed bullets and rapid fire our six lasers

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2019, 08:38:05 PM »
> Don't do the following if it looks like Elis is about to die from the sunlight
> Fly up as fast as we can and declare (for real this time) "Dark Side of the Moon" once we're far up enough so that she gets trapped in the sunlight by the bounded field of the spell card rules
> If we have any control over our movement during the spell, put all our effort into moving upward

> If Elis looks like shes going to die from the sunlight just shoot at her with all the danmaku we got, all aimed bullets and rapid fire our six lasers

> You declare your spellcard, putting up a bounded field just in time. The outer edge just catches the Vampire; who crashes into it.

> She immediately turns with a hellish look on her face, the grimoire in her burning arm flicking open and it's pages turning as she speaks what must be some form of Makaian.

> Elis points her wand at you, and you feel funny for a moment, before everything turns red, then black.

- YOU DIED -

Cause of death: Trapping yourself with a desperate vampire when you're a weakling [She exploded you]

- Reloading from previous successful command -

[OCC: I said I wasn't afraid of giving a bad end if something stupid happened. I think locking yourself in what equates to a cage match with Vampire desperately attempting to get out of the sunlight qualifies as 'what did you think she'd do'.

Tom's post is voided, continue from last parse.]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 08:40:43 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2019, 09:22:44 PM »
// I'm all outta ideas on how to deal with Elis

> Are our friends in the sunlight?  Alice's house is in a clearing in the Forest of Magic isn't it?
> Is the roof of Alice's house in the sunlight?
> Can someone lie on the roof without sliding off?
> Stay in the sunlight

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2019, 10:05:27 PM »
// I'm all outta ideas on how to deal with Elis

> Are our friends in the sunlight?  Alice's house is in a clearing in the Forest of Magic isn't it?
> Is the roof of Alice's house in the sunlight?
> Can someone lie on the roof without sliding off?
> Stay in the sunlight

> It is a clearing, but the sun is low enough it wouldn't rise over the trees.

> Yes

> Maybe, is it slanted, you'd have to try to find out.

> You are already in the light

[Treated this as just questions]

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2019, 10:16:31 PM »
> Quickly pick up Alice (with her grimoire) and put her on the roof in the sunlight so Elis can't get to her, if she looks like shes gonna slide off move her to the top of the roof
> Be ready to dodge any attacks

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2019, 10:25:06 PM »
> Quickly pick up Alice (with her grimoire) and put her on the roof in the sunlight so Elis can't get to her, if she looks like shes gonna slide off move her to the top of the roof

>Don't do this yet.

>Instead: Are we even close enough to Alice and our friends to do so? Elis CAN outspeed us after all

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2019, 10:29:16 PM »

>Don't do this yet.

>Instead: Are we even close enough to Alice and our friends to do so? Elis CAN outspeed us after all

> No way, Elis has a headstart and is faster than you. However her hands are full; and one of her arms is on fire.

> It is worth noting she is literally diving into the treeline, not at Alice.

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2019, 10:35:14 PM »
// I suggest it is best to let Elis go while remaining in the sunlight with our guard up ,though  this does not exclude further" surprises. //

> Keep our guard up and our eyes peeled for the direction Elis is heading to.

> Memorize it through The Compass when it is possible.

> Speak to Sakuya : " If that is all we could do,how about we all recover a little with some protection  ? "

> Cast barriers in the space between the outer edge  of the forest where she is fleeing to and the clearing in case she decides for a last-ditch attack .

> Quickly fly closer to Alice and next to Sakuya unless Elis is taking up particular actions.
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2019, 10:40:20 PM »
> Our barriers can't hold Elis so don't waste energy on it

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2019, 10:48:08 PM »
>"Miss Sakuya, will you be able to get down to the clearing on your own?"
>Look concerned, but remain wary of Elis.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2019, 11:02:47 PM »
// I suggest it is best to let Elis go while remaining in the sunlight with our guard up ,though  this does not exclude further" surprises. //

> Keep our guard up and our eyes peeled for the direction Elis is heading to.

> Memorize it through The Compass when it is possible.

> Speak to Sakuya : " If that is all we could do,how about we all recover a little with some protection  ? "

> Cast barriers in the space between the outer edge  of the forest where she is fleeing to and the clearing in case she decides for a last-ditch attack .

> Quickly fly closer to Alice and next to Sakuya unless Elis is taking up particular actions.

> Elis heads directly down. You mark that location.

> Sakuya dosen't verbally respond, but descends to where everyone else is.

> Our barriers can't hold Elis so don't waste energy on it

> You don't bother with barriers.

>"Miss Sakuya, will you be able to get down to the clearing on your own?"
>Look concerned, but remain wary of Elis.

> Sakuya responds by descending to the clearing.

> You remain on guard for Elis.

> Nothing happens for a few moments, until the Forest's Maisma seems to roll for a few moments.

> "What happened?" you hear Cirno groan. It appears everyone is waking up.

> Sakuya falls to her knees and drops her knife, coughing violently. She neither sounds or looks healthy.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2019, 11:22:17 PM »
>"That vampire from earlier knocked you all out with an illusion and wanted me to 'play' with her... She didn't take anything or hurt anyone from our group, but... D-Does anyone know a healer? Miss Sakuya is really hurt... I doubt she should even be conscious right now..."
>"H-Hang in there, okay, Miss Sakuya?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2019, 11:26:09 PM »
> Make a large demarcation barrier around everyone in case Elis tries to strike back
> Try and wake up Alice, shake her if needed
> When she wakes up "Do you know any healing magic?  Sakuya here got hurt really bad trying to save us"

// Sidequest add: Plot revenge against Elis
> Murmur "Don't expect the leniency Mayina saw when I tell Yumeko who's after the grimoire"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2019, 11:37:18 PM »
trying to save us"
>Leave this part out.

//Wording doesn't sit well with me. Technically she wasn't so much protecting us as much as she was trying to kill her.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2019, 11:52:55 PM »
> change to "trying to help us" since she did help, Alice would have been abducted if it wasn't for Sakuya

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2019, 04:37:59 PM »
>"That vampire from earlier knocked you all out with an illusion and wanted me to 'play' with her... She didn't take anything or hurt anyone from our group, but... D-Does anyone know a healer? Miss Sakuya is really hurt... I doubt she should even be conscious right now..."
>"H-Hang in there, okay, Miss Sakuya?"

> "It was that Elis one again, wasn't it?" Mystia says; getting herself off the ground.

> Alice looks very serious as she stands up. "Her name was Elis? And you're sure she was a vampire?"

> Alice looks at Sakuya. "I know someone who could tend to her for sure. I frequently visit her abdode to purchase sleeping pills."

> The puppeteer makes some motions with her hands, before some dolls come out with a roll of fabric. A couple more; holding small axes; hack some larger branches off a tree and strip the smaller ones attached to it, before they quickly assemble a stretcher. Sakuya seems to try and protect as more dolls lift her onto it, but she hardly seems conscious by this point.

> Make a large demarcation barrier around everyone in case Elis tries to strike back
> Try and wake up Alice, shake her if needed
> When she wakes up "Do you know any healing magic?  Sakuya here got hurt really bad trying to help us"

// Sidequest add: Plot revenge against Elis
> Murmur "Don't expect the leniency Mayina saw when I tell Yumeko who's after the grimoire"

> Alice is awake. As you are setting up barriers, she speaks. "If what you have told me is correct, you won't need to worry about that. The combination of daylight and the spell breaking probobly means Elis fled back to Makai. We'll be safe from her, at least until nightfall."

> "Healing magic is not something I can skilled in. Besides, as much as Miss Izayoi may claim to be human, I don't quite know how to treat someone of her kind." Alice says.

> Mayina hears you mutter [You figure his large; pointed ears are not just for show]. "That's more like how you should treat your enemies." he says, just loud enough for you to hear.

> Sakuya groans on the makeshift stretcher. "The Youkai is right. The enemy is a Vampire called Elis."

> Alice frowns. "I heard about a Vampire with a Star-Shaped birthmark on the Council. I never met her, but she was best described as... difficult and rowdy. She hardly showed any interest in running Makai, or what few rules the Daemons set themselves, and mostly just kept pushing for wars. Vampires as a species are Greater Deamons who specifically adapted to  be almost unstoppable war machines, able to even create their own armies of Thralls and vampire-like beings from other races. They would boast one Vampire could conquer a planet. In fact it wasn't unusual for them to open rifts to other worlds and cause havoc for fun, spreading their infections and killing." the girl explains. "It wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened to create the Scarlets."

> "That would explain Miss Remilia's reaction to Elis." Mystia says.

> "Most of them were killed or imprisoned in Hokkai after they tried to take over Paradise before I was born however. Invasions like those they used to do were banned, and they revolted. If Elis is that Vampire Councillor... she might be the one behind it all. It even fits with what the Vampires did in the past." Alice continues.

> Mayina grunts. "Even as far as daemons go, Vampires are considered vile."

> "There are always exceptions, of course." Alice states. "But unless there's two Vampires in Makai with star-shaped marks... it would seem Elis is not one of them."